Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Good Preaching Explained - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good Preaching Explained (107 Views)

See The Church Where A Reverend Father Was Spotted Preaching That Has Gone Viral / Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / African Woman Preaching With Microphone On London Streets (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Good Preaching Explained by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 01, 2021
Psa 138:2 kjv - "I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name."

All preaching is not Biblical preaching. Hitler was also a preacher. Some people get offended with my threads, but I’m only here to point people back to the Bible, not to an organization or denomination which has been perverting God’s words since the 19th century began. It’s a shame that the Muslims and the communists are more dedicated to their course, and are not ashamed of it than we Christians do. Christians have become too comfortable. The Bible is simply there to make the comfortable, miserable; and the miserable, comfortable. That’s why people don’t like the light the Bible gives.

1. To preach (2 Tim 4:2 kjv). It should be in season and out of season (whether comfortable or not). Reprove and Rebuke (50% negative), Exhort/encourage (50% positive). That’s good preaching. (Prov 11:1 kjv) “A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is his delight.”

2. (2 Tim 4:3-4 kjv). Whatever you preach, it should be tied back to doctrinal truth, not fables.

3. (1 Tim 5:20 kjv). If you are a Scriptural preacher, God will point sinners out when you preach. So if my thread hits your head, I was simply aiming for your third button. Emotions is a dangerous thing. (Psa 119:165 kjv) “Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.” So when I let the Bible to stand independent, and point out what is wrong with your denomination or doctrines, it's now left for you to go to that BOOK without a preconceived notion, but with a sincere heart that you want God to show you the truth, and then study it yourself. If the Holy Spirit cannot change you, nothing can. Whenever I open my Bible to study, the first thing I do is tell God that I'm stupid, and that He should teach me His words.

4. (Gal 1:8-10 kjv) Don’t preach another gospel. Preach to please God.

5. (2 Cor 13:10 kjv) Christ idea of preaching is absolute fundamental truth, not to please anybody.

6. (2 Cor 10:10-11 kjv) Paul said his preaching will still be the same whether in letter or in presence.

7. Paul justifies his qualification in (1 Tim 2:7 kjv) “Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not; ) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.”

8. (2 Pet 3:16 kjv) People wrest (wrest means twist) with the Scriptures. They are unlearned and unstable thinking they are the smartest people.

Now let’s look at sweet little Jesus preaching and verify if He sounds like Joel Osteen or your favorite preachers or the feminine and all loving God the world claims He is.

1. (Matt 8:21-22 kjv) “And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.” To follow the Lord, it must cost you something.

2. (Matt 12:33-36 kjv) Here Christ emphasizes the importance of spoken words. He called them generation of vipers for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

3. (Matt 15:6-20 kjv) Christ spoke and the pharisees were offended.

4. (Matt 21:43-46 kjv) The pharisees were offended by the word. They sought to lay hands on Christ.

5. (John 6:60-66 kjv) This is Christ speaking. Many of His disciples were offended to the extent they walked no more with Christ.

6. (John 8:42-49 kjv) Jesus told them their father is the devil. That’s why they don’t understand His words. This is your all loving God that won’t send any to Hell speaking. God’s attribute is 100% hate and 100% love. He is balanced.

Conclusion:
Get rid of some idols in your heart so that God’s words can show light in your heart. God forbid that I glory in men. In fact, one of the signs to tell if you are saved is that you will always be bragging on Jesus, not on yourself nor your knowledge of the Scriptures (knowledge puffeth up). Preaching should be about what he is preaching, not how he is preaching or delivering.

(1) (Reply)

After A Flash Of Inspiration, What’s Next? (1) / Forgive Because You've Been Forgiven. / Critical Exchange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.