Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? (18805 Views)

Gabriel Uzoma's Girlfriend Hired Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms To Kill Him / Police, Army, DSS Arrested Kidnappers With Military Uniforms In Plateau State / Criminals In Military Uniforms Kill Fulani Herdsmen & Cows In Nasarawa (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by wallay77(m): 12:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
What kinda phone...so I can tell u ur fate before u pay any dime to police
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Dozie32(m): 12:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
Yeah, you can track it. If you have the EMEL number. Police do track it. Goodluck
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by drezzyx(m): 12:13pm On Feb 02, 2021
тнєу ¢αи тяα¢к ιт?
ρℓѕ ι ωσυℓ∂ ℓσνє тσ нανє α тяα¢кιиg ∂єνι¢є
нσω ∂σ ι gσ αвσυт ιт?
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by AntiWailer: 12:17pm On Feb 02, 2021
Go and report to the police and ensure it is properly documented.

If they find Ur phone in any crime scene.

You will pay for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Ashirioluwa: 12:22pm On Feb 02, 2021
So police must be paid before they can track or trace stolen phone. Nigerian government is enslaving her own citizens.

1 Like

Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Olayetan(m): 12:24pm On Feb 02, 2021
kindlyheart:
like how much will they charge?

I was charged 60k to track my Stolen Xiaomi Redmi note 9s that I bought for 101k

They may charge you according to the phone value.
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by jojothaiv(m): 12:25pm On Feb 02, 2021
Deledotun:
Report to a "serious" police station or even the zonal or state police headquarters..
Key word; 'SERIOUS'

Intended meaning; anything for the boys, it could start from 20k and above o
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Olayetan(m): 12:25pm On Feb 02, 2021
Macphenson:
Yes it's very possible.
I helped someone whose phone was stolen in church over the weekend.

Just go to a police station with the phone pack and give it to them. You will pay like #30k, and they will easily track the phone.

I wanted to even open a thread and warn folks not to ever buy phone carelessly.

As I understand the phone was caught with the buyer and the seller absconded.

Which station is that and which state is it.
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Nackzy: 12:27pm On Feb 02, 2021
Yes of Course
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Dynamiceagle(f): 12:33pm On Feb 02, 2021
one of the reasons you should always secure your phone, by registering your find device option, you can do it yourself

1 Like

Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by clericuzzio(m): 12:34pm On Feb 02, 2021
kindlyheart:
Happy new month lovely nl members.

I ended the month of January on a sad note. My two phones were forcefully taken by armed robbers in a military uniform, a stone throw away from a military check point on Benue - Enugu road (at alade).

I don't know how to contact the relevant authorities so that is why i came here.

Even if I wont get back my phone, I'm willing to give the IMIE and other relevant infos to the Nigerian authority to use in tracing and fishing out the criminals.

Sorry for the bad grammar and other things. I have been relegated from a smartphone to a feature phone.

Mods pls help a brother. It is me today, God forbid it be ur dear one tommorow.

Better you go to the nearest police station and tender a report.
Also contact them on their Twitter handle as well
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Xkale1234(m): 12:40pm On Feb 02, 2021
you will 10k to police to recover ur phone
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Nexusvibes(m): 12:41pm On Feb 02, 2021
Yes message me ASAP
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by satysaca: 12:43pm On Feb 02, 2021
kindlyheart:

I ended the month of January on a sad note. My two phones were forcefully taken by armed robbers in a military uniform, a stone throw away from a military check point on Benue - Enugu road (at alade).

I don't know how to contact the relevant authorities so that is why i came here.

Even if I wont get back my phone, I'm willing to give the IMIE and other relevant infos to the Nigerian authority to use in tracing and fishing out the criminals.

Sorry for the bad grammar and other things. I have been relegated from a smartphone to a feature phone.

go to any police Ict center they will charge u and your phone must be traced and the people will pay for the expenses
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by HitlerGaddafi: 12:50pm On Feb 02, 2021
kindlyheart:

They might not even be armed robbers. Since you said it's a stone throw from a barracks, they might even be soldiers. Most likely those korofos. They engage in all sorts of crime to survive.
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by GamalNasser: 12:53pm On Feb 02, 2021
kindlyheart:

Do you mean a place called Aliade? In December we ran into some people in military uniforms there in the night but they scampered when the saw us , the gun truck leading our motorcade released some volleys into the surrounding bushes , we waited for response and the didn't respond so we continued our journey ...

2 Likes

Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Lovexme(m): 12:53pm On Feb 02, 2021
wallay77:

Xiaomi K20 (Mi 9T)
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Lovexme(m): 12:57pm On Feb 02, 2021
It's been 10 days since my phone got stolen. I reported at the station closest to me and paid for tracking all on the same day. Until today, they're still tracking it.

I was told the thief has to put a sim in the phone before its location can be gotten. I'd already locked the phone via Mi cloud and the bootloader is still locked.

I don't know what my chances are of ever retrieving my phone. It's a Mi 9T phone.
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by kindlyheart: 1:00pm On Feb 02, 2021
GamalNasser:

Do you mean a place called Aliade? In December we ran into some people in military uniforms there in the night but they scampered when the saw us , the gun truck leading our motorcade released some volleys into the surrounding bushes , we waited for response and the didn't respond so we continued our journey ...
Yes it's that place
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Olayetan(m): 1:02pm On Feb 02, 2021
Lovexme:
It's been 10 days since my phone got stolen. I reported at the station closest to me and paid for tracking all on the same day. Until today, they're still tracking it.

I was told the thief has to put a sim in the phone before its location can be gotten. I'd already locked the phone via Mi cloud and the bootloader is still locked.

I don't know what my chances are of ever retrieving my phone. It's a Mi 9T phone.

Can sim still work on it despite locking it through the MI account?
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Olayetan(m): 1:05pm On Feb 02, 2021
Ashirioluwa:
So police must be paid before they can track or trace stolen phone. Nigerian government is enslaving her own citizens.

They pay trackers 30k and other expenses goes to the police to make the arrest.

Sometimes the suspect location may be far from their station and they need to settle Men to mobilize themselves for the arrest.

The money is actually not the issue but they, actually working and apprehending the suspect.

1 Like

Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by kindlyheart: 1:06pm On Feb 02, 2021
HitlerGaddafi:

They might not even be armed robbers. Since you said it's a stone throw from a barracks, they might even be soldiers. Most likely those korofos. They engage in all sorts of crime to survive.
i suspect they are. the way the searched every bag in the 2 lux buses they stopped at their own leisure says it all.
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by chatinent: 1:12pm On Feb 02, 2021
Hire me track your scammer. Hit my number below on WhatsApp.
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by MiosheEmpire1(m): 1:13pm On Feb 02, 2021
Hmm,i will advice u to forget about dat phone.
my brand new phone was stolen on sept 1 2020,is not up to 2weeks dat i bought it o. I went to station to track it wit d phone pack,paid 30K.up till naw dey keep saying d phone is not active.
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by RemiDogCare(f): 1:14pm On Feb 02, 2021
Five content writers are needed to join a highly productive content writing team.

You will be paid One Million Naira

If you like to write articles and get paid for writing then this team/project is for you.

This opportunity is open to both experienced and new content writers...

Project Details : Content Writing For New and Experienced Content Writers

To signify your interest, send a message to the WhatsApp contact on the signature.
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by kindlyheart: 1:16pm On Feb 02, 2021
wallay77:
Xiaomi mi max2 and mtn smart. the xiaomi is locked .
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Olayetan(m): 1:20pm On Feb 02, 2021
MiosheEmpire1:
my brand new phone was stolen on sept 1 2020,is not up to 2weeks dat i bought it o. I went to station to track it wit d phone pack,paid 30K.up till naw dey keep saying d phone is not active.

Why not track the status yourself to see if the phone is active, I tracked mine and found out the phone status is active and I showed it to the police to see that the phone is being used by someone so they won’t come later to say another thing.

I was charged 60k for mine.

2 Likes

Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by kindlyheart: 1:24pm On Feb 02, 2021
MiosheEmpire1:
what i want is to be of help to my country even if i dont get back my phone atleast i will be happy to know that i provided a useful info that will lead to the arrest of the criminals.
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Lovexme(m): 1:26pm On Feb 02, 2021
Olayetan:

Can sim still work on it despite locking it through the MI account?

I'm not sure. I only know my password has to be entered before the phone can be used.
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Originalsly: 1:26pm On Feb 02, 2021
GamalNasser:

Did you check the headlines two days later?

"" BOKO HARAM AMBUSH IN ALIADE... SOLDIERS KILLED"
A small group of soldiers out on duty were ambushed and killed by suspected Boko Haram agents after pitting putting up a gallant fight. Their weapons were seized by the insurgents.....
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by kindlyheart: 1:27pm On Feb 02, 2021
Olayetan:

Why not track the status yourself to see if the phone is active, I tracked mine and found out the phone status is active and I showed it to the police to see that the phone is being used by someone so they won’t come later to say another thing.

I was charged 60k for mine.
How did u check the status
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Lovexme(m): 1:27pm On Feb 02, 2021
MiosheEmpire1:

Same story here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Who Drove 3-inch Nail Into Nephew’s Skull, Freed, Victim Discharged (pics) / Police: We Did Not Rescue Or Arrest Young Mothers In "Abuja Human Milk Factory" / New Born Baby Found Wrapped In Nylon Bag & Dumped In Argungu, Kebbi (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.