Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Can The Chief Of Defense Staff Lead A Millitary Operation In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The Chief Of Defense Staff Lead A Millitary Operation In Nigeria (542 Views)

How A Millitary Coup Against Tinubu Will Take Place And How It Can Be Prevented / Vice President Kashim Shetima, NSA & Chief Of Defense Staff Visit Jos / US Recent Millitary Operation In Nigeria And It's Implications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The Chief Of Defense Staff Lead A Millitary Operation In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 02, 2021
This is a very important question because I haven't heard of the chief of defense staff leading a millitary operation during the battle against against terrorism I only hear of chief of army staff, chief of air staff,why not chief of defense staff leading a special unit to combat terrorism?

Is it possible for the chief of defense staff to lead a millitary unit commanded directly by him?
Re: Can The Chief Of Defense Staff Lead A Millitary Operation In Nigeria by GODovaerrethin: 6:22pm On Feb 02, 2021
NO.
Re: Can The Chief Of Defense Staff Lead A Millitary Operation In Nigeria by GamalNasser: 6:27pm On Feb 02, 2021
The Chief of Joint services is a strategic administrative role whose part is to make sure all the 3 armed forces services are aligned in the the strategic road map of the National defense plan . To put it better he is the military chief of staff of the Commander in Chief of the Armed forces

1 Like

Re: Can The Chief Of Defense Staff Lead A Millitary Operation In Nigeria by Rugaria: 6:27pm On Feb 02, 2021
He's as useless as the "P" in psychology... But wait oo, why the sudden interest in the abilities of the Chief of defense staff? Somebody has been in that position since 2015 and these types of questions weren't asked.. Anything the matter?
Re: Can The Chief Of Defense Staff Lead A Millitary Operation In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 02, 2021
Rugaria:
He's as useless as the "P" in psychology... But wait oo, why the sudden interest in the abilities of the Chief of defense staff? Somebody has been in that position since 2015 and these types of questions weren't asked.. Anything the matter?
At least he supposed to be able to lead a squad or unit of soldiers but reverse is the case.

While didn't buhari appoint gen irabor as chief of army staff while giving an incompetent attahiru Ibrahim that role and given irabor a ceremonial position of chief of defense staff
Re: Can The Chief Of Defense Staff Lead A Millitary Operation In Nigeria by Rugaria: 6:55pm On Feb 02, 2021
superjab:

At least he supposed to be able to lead a squad or unit of soldiers but reverse is the case.

While didn't buhari appoint gen irabor as chief of army staff while giving an incompetent attahiru Ibrahim that role and given irabor a ceremonial position of chief of defense staff
Buhari is far more interested in using the military for regime preservation than making the right appointments based on merit..
Re: Can The Chief Of Defense Staff Lead A Millitary Operation In Nigeria by orisa37: 7:43pm On Feb 02, 2021
CHIEF OF DEFENCE STAFF IS LOOKING FOR JOB.
Re: Can The Chief Of Defense Staff Lead A Millitary Operation In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 02, 2021
orisa37:
CHIEF OF DEFENCE STAFF IS LOOKING FOR JOB.
I was surprised when I heard buhari appointed irabor as CDS I knew something was sinister about that
Only to find out that CDS is an irrelevant position and his caliphate evil objectives won't be sabotaged

1 Like

Re: Can The Chief Of Defense Staff Lead A Millitary Operation In Nigeria by gidgiddy: 8:25pm On Feb 02, 2021
superjab:
This is a very important question because I haven't heard of the chief of defense staff leading a millitary operation during the battle against against terrorism I only hear of chief of army staff, chief of air staff,why not chief of defense staff leading a special unit to combat terrorism?

Is it possible for the chief of defense staff to lead a millitary unit commanded directly by him?

No, he has no troops under his direct command. He is more of a "national coordinator" of the Army, Navy and Airforce
Re: Can The Chief Of Defense Staff Lead A Millitary Operation In Nigeria by orisa37: 8:25pm On Feb 02, 2021
CHIEF OF DEFENCE STAFF IS LOOKING FOR E EXTRA JOB.
Re: Can The Chief Of Defense Staff Lead A Millitary Operation In Nigeria by orisa37: 8:26pm On Feb 02, 2021
CHIEF OF DEFENCE STAFF IS LOOKING FOR EXTRA JOB.
Re: Can The Chief Of Defense Staff Lead A Millitary Operation In Nigeria by orisa37: 5:23am On Feb 03, 2021
superjab:

I was surprised when I heard buhari appointed irabor as CDS I knew something was sinister about that
Only to find out that CDS is an irrelevant position and his caliphate evil objectives won't be sabotaged

Make Nnamdi Kanu Permanent SECRETARY of MOD to compliment IRABOR.
Re: Can The Chief Of Defense Staff Lead A Millitary Operation In Nigeria by helinues: 5:28am On Feb 03, 2021
undecided embarassed
Re: Can The Chief Of Defense Staff Lead A Millitary Operation In Nigeria by Racoon(m): 6:14am On Feb 03, 2021
I said it sometime back and some people were opposing me-the CDS have no operational control of troops hence more of administrative work.

1 Like

Re: Can The Chief Of Defense Staff Lead A Millitary Operation In Nigeria by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:51am On Feb 03, 2021
GamalNasser:
The Chief of Joint services is a strategic administrative role whose part is to make sure all the 3 armed forces services are aligned in the the strategic road map of the National defense plan . To put it better he is the military chief of staff of the Commander in Chief of the Armed forces

Turenchi!

In Nigeria, that position is just a ceremonial one......convenient when looking to 'make up the numbers'!

(1) (Reply)

Quit Order: Amotekun Arrests 37 Herders, 5,000 Cows In Ondo / Osinbajo-led NESP, Anchor Borrowers Programme Took Us Out Of Recession – Rewane / Re: Osinbajo Sidelined From President Buhari 's Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.