Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Your Experience Moving Back To Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Your Experience Moving Back To Nigeria (2308 Views)

Moving Back To Nigeria: What Can One Do For A Living? / Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown / Moving Back To Nigeria From USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Experience Moving Back To Nigeria by seunny4lif(m): 4:30pm On Feb 07, 2021
Africans don’t like the process on their brothers or sisters
You want to leave peacefully in Nigeria? Then move away from people you know
Originalsly:

Did Larry King get sick in Nigeria?.... did his money save him? ... does everyone that get sick in Nigeria die?.... even those without money? .... how about those people getting sick in Europe and the USA with COVID-19.... don't they have money and are dying? Shouldn't it be Just pray, you are not sick in Europe then you know your money can't save you? Negativity too much.

The biggest problem I will have in moving back is the people..... bad belle people wayyyyy too many.

3 Likes

Re: Your Experience Moving Back To Nigeria by Originalsly: 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2021
seunny4lif:

Africans don’t like the process on their brothers or sisters
You want to leave peacefully in Nigeria? Then move away from people you know

No difference... same mindset.... always envy and entitlement. How often ..... people hou know.... guy arranges kidnap and murder of his cousins ..... people you don't know..... house cook kidnap and murder of his oga..... who to trust?
Re: Your Experience Moving Back To Nigeria by seunny4lif(m): 5:02pm On Feb 07, 2021
In Senegal, you don’t need security in your house because the rich the poor share almost same place.
In Senegal, our house was in second street of then the Senegalese president’s house.
He come there to relax and you would see military in the house, if he goes back to the official house.

Originalsly:

No difference... same mindset.... always envy and entitlement. How often ..... people hou know.... guy arranges kidnap and murder of his cousins ..... people you don't know..... house cook kidnap and murder of his oga..... who to trust?

1 Like

Re: Your Experience Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 07, 2021
Karleb:

Ladies and gentlemen, this right here is wisdom.

Pure, undiluted wisdom.
Re: Your Experience Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 07, 2021
BigBashiru:

Just pray you do not have a serious medical emergency - they will pass you from one hospital to another as condition worsens.... also from your post, you seem single - Nigeria can be great for a single person - a family complicates things as you now also have to watch out for your family including their medical care....

Also foreign income can dry up fast....

finally the major issue with nigeria is that its inhabitants are a wicked set of people and the average nigerian is not a good person - this factor alone over time will ruin your experience.....

But I agree your plan is a nice concept....
Sad, but true, even relatives.

1 Like

Re: Your Experience Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 07, 2021
nickvanilla:

Nice. How would you describe Amsterdam? Is it a place one could aspire to go study, graduate and get a job? How about the language? Was it hard to learn?
Almost impossible to get a job after you graduate and get papers. They give jobs to Dutch nationals first, then European Union citizens are given second priority, before they consider other foreigners. Majority of Nigerians had to marry for papers or claim asylum to get permanent residence in my former home.
Re: Your Experience Moving Back To Nigeria by lonlytroy(m): 11:03pm On Feb 07, 2021
Nothing but regret

2 Likes

Re: Your Experience Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:16am On Feb 08, 2021
Mine wasn't pleasant at all and sadly, I couldn't get out, thanks to my green passport.

Not going to mention western countries, but having lived in Ghana and South Africa, which are both African countries (south is on another level though), I can boldly say Nigeria is a jungle (zoos are quite organized and orderly places biko).

The driving, particularly, was so stressful - had an official car and driver for the most part before I left. Only drove my car on Saturdays/Sundays and only in one direction, VI/Lekki axis. So imagine the shock effect when I returned to Naija at somewhat of a lower status than I was before I left. I couldn't easily afford most of the niceties I could before I left - let's just say I was broke! Lol

The healthcare was always a source of concern because before I left, as part of my employment benefits, I had access to BUPA which meant I could stroll into Redington at the slightest cough and if things got out of hand, at least treatment in India would be covered without sob stories.

Too many things to talk about jor...is it the people themselves? Unreliable power nko? Abi is it security? Or is it the absence of law and order? To be honest, I think a lot of people with a decent job or means in Naija may not be aware that they are living in a bubble. Especially if one has a job that greatly helps to cushion the undeniable gaps in the average standard of living.

All in all, God in his infinite mercies and wisdom, did not only preserve my spirit, body and mind (still a marvel how I didn't slump into depression), but he used my return to teach me some hard lessons in life and more importantly, about his overwhelming love/grace. My one advice to those who have a relationship with God is to seek his will concerning every move because there's nothing like being in the land where he has made provision for you, whether it is Nigeria or anywhere else in the world.

7 Likes

Re: Your Experience Moving Back To Nigeria by Kenn55: 4:01am On Feb 08, 2021
Originalsly:

Did Larry King get sick in Nigeria?.... did his money save him? ... does everyone that get sick in Nigeria die?.... even those without money? .... how about those people getting sick in Europe and the USA with COVID-19.... don't they have money and are dying? Shouldn't it be Just pray, you are not sick in Europe then you know your money can't save you? Negativity too much.

The biggest problem I will have in moving back is the people..... bad belle people wayyyyy too many.

Nigeria as a country will always breed wicked people and it is not surprising. What do you expect?
These are people who ply the worst roads humanity have ever seen all their life, people who sleep in darkness from birth to death, people who fetch water in jerry cans, they go to farm, they are butchered both the local, state and federal govt don't care, nobody is arrested, nobody is prosecuted, some have become refugees in their own homeland. The life of the lower class in Nigeria is so frustrating and this has bred mass wickedness in the country.
What Nigeria has indirectly told the people is that you must get money by all means to live a reasonable life or just go and die. I think there is a correlation between frustrations Nigerians experience on daily basis to bad belle.

5 Likes

Re: Your Experience Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:21am On Feb 08, 2021
Kenn55:

Nigeria as a country will always breed wicked people and it is not surprising. What do you expect?
These are people who ply the worst roads humanity have ever seen all their life, people who sleep in darkness from birth to death, people who fetch water in jerry cans, they go to farm, they are butchered both the local, state and federal govt don't care, nobody is arrested, nobody is prosecuted, some have become refugees in their own homeland. The life of the lower class in Nigeria is so frustrating and this has bred mass wickedness in the country.
What Nigeria has indirectly told the people is that you must get money by all means to live a reasonable life or just go and die. I think there is a correlation between frustrations Nigerians experience on daily basis to bad belle.
The "lower class'' will never let the rich sleep with two eyes open. The western countries realize this and that is why they have social security for the poorest in society.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Allow Her To Travel To Ukraine / After Corona Where Do You Plan To Visit ! / Inside Saudi Arabia's Detention Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.