Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC (7540 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Releases 56 Inmates, Grants Funke Akindele And Husband State Pardon / Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC / Offa Bank Robbery: Saraki Reacts To Being Implicated & Linked To The Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by Gasfoundation(m): 3:14am On Feb 03, 2021
Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) have collected 56.18 million National Identity Numbers (NIN) since the commencement of the ongoing Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) registration started, says the Federal Government.

The government added that over 1,060 registration centres for NIN have been activated by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) across the country to give Nigerians and legal residents more time to integrate their NIN with their SIMs.

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Pantami, who announced this in Abuja, explained that the NIN-SIM linkage deadline of February 9 had been extended to April 6.

According to a statement by the Director, Public Affairs, Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Dr Ikechukwu Adinde and his NIMC counterpart, Mr. Kayode Adegoke, yesterday, the minister ordered the extension after a meeting of the Ministerial Taskforce on NIN-SIM registration.

Adinde and Adegoke quoted Pantami as saying: “It was reported that a total of 56.18 million NINs have been collected by the mobile network operators. Each NIN is usually tied to an average of three to four SIMs and this infers that the current figure accounts for a significant portion of the existing SIMs.

“This number of NINs collected represents a significant increase when compared with the 47.8 million reported by the Technical Committee on January 18.

“Furthermore, over 1,060 registration centres for NIN have been activated and made operational by NIMC across the country.

“Mobile Network Operators have opened hundreds of centres and are rapidly deploying resources to open thousands of other NIN enrolment centres across states of the country.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/56-2-million-nin-linked-to-sims-says-ncc/amp/

2 Likes

Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by Gasfoundation(m): 3:16am On Feb 03, 2021
Wonderful, I hope its not for 2023 elections wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by Mokason288(m): 3:25am On Feb 03, 2021
Are you unemployed?
This data can help you make ends meet if you can think deeply.

- Learn how to sell
- Find a product to sell as affiliate for start.
- Pick a particular category out of the 56.2million people
- Sell aggressively

1k profit product sold to 500 people

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

1 Like

Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by Emptoluwani: 3:37am On Feb 03, 2021
Mine is not among cos i dont care

2 Likes

Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by MajesticKris: 4:37am On Feb 03, 2021
WONDERFUL!!!!! shocked
Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by Khayceeofficial(m): 4:37am On Feb 03, 2021
If you know say you no follow for that 56.2m,

Raise up your hand grin grin grin

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by MajesticKris: 4:38am On Feb 03, 2021
Wonderful cool
Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by ipobarethieves: 4:47am On Feb 03, 2021
grin dem go shift am tire wink wink sad

2 Likes

Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by Awoo88: 5:53am On Feb 03, 2021
Dem don start!!!
Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by Starzo: 5:54am On Feb 03, 2021
impressive
Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by inoki247: 5:54am On Feb 03, 2021
Them never add my own sim...

Me I sha know say the thing no go work the way dem dey think am people with analog brain wey some people don already dey use dere dead relatives NiN dey sell am at the same time....
Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:54am On Feb 03, 2021
This is a very good step to start with.
It is also good to know they have extended it for Nigerians to register and get their NIN.
But overall, with this NIN, we are on the pathway to a great nation.
This is one of the first thing that made developed nation what they are right now.

Let us educate Nigerians on the benefits and advantages of this so much talked about NIN.

And this is the kind of information that should be passed around on this forum to sanitize people about the advantages of NIN, and not all the negatives about it that we keep reading here everyday.
That is what foreign forums thrive on to grow big and have support from Government and Private sectors.

Back to the NIN issue,
NIN, help provide accurate records about actual living/dead persons in every region of the country help keep track of actual transactions as well as movement of people within and out of the country, it helps confirm which individuals are in actual need of particular Government services .

When it comes to access to vital services (like passport issuance, banking services, land transactions, insurance services, pension, health insurance, payment of taxes, voter’s registration, consumer credits, and all Government services), your NIN becomes necessary for:
cutting down the time needed for verifying documents to properly identify you in order to access the services you require

Reducing errors in allocation of services to the right people.

Prevention of fraud (419) where someone else impersonates you, verification of the real identity of other people you go into financial or business transactions with or even people you wish to employ such as house helps.
It ensures you are properly identified when receiving health services, e.g. verifying the actual blood types of blood donors at hospitals.
Verification of voter eligibility during elections.

Imagine you walk into an Immigration office to apply for an international passport.
You are asked for information verifying your identity and you just give them a number and instantly the Immigration officials connect to the National Identity Database – all your required information appears on their computer screen.
They can only see information they are authorised to see.
Done, your identity is verified – no need to go get extra documents, spend more money, just to prove who you are.
That is the convenience provided by your NIN.
This is synonymous with Social Security Number (SSN), if you don't have that in some countries abroad, you will just be living like a corpse, without being able to do anything in life, a corpse will even be better than your as$! wink
It’s the same thing when you go to process a driver’s licence, you would only need to present your NIN and your identity would be verified.

This is how it is done in saner climes we all want to emulate.

We should create a full thread to keep educating more people about the importance of NIN.

Truth is not bitter, just that people are bitter to the truth.
We will continue to stand with the truth every day.

Slow and steady we will get to the country of our dreams.
God bless Nigeria.

nedzuby:
Many people don’t know the benefits of this linking of the NIN to their lines. Everything to them is politics.

We will get there.
You are one of the few reasonable and sensible members we have here.
With people like you, the future of our darling nation is secured.
God bless you.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:54am On Feb 03, 2021
Starzo:
impressive
You can say that again
MajesticKris:
WONDERFUL!!!!! shocked
Very wonderful and impressive.

This only shows one thing, and that thing is that it is only on social media that you see people beating their chests saying bla bla bla, that they will never register.
That they will intentionally borrow and owe telecoms companies money, so they won't be blocked!
Just imagine thieving mentality.
While other citizens that do not even have Facebook or Nairaland account are going ahead doing their thing silently.

No wonder you see some politicians winning elections online and losing woefully (very woefully) at the polls.

Well, out of the over 200 Million people we have in Nigeria,
We still have well less than 3 million people on Nairaland.
Now you know!
Say no more!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by mokkalu1(m): 5:55am On Feb 03, 2021
I really don't see how this exercise is productive. I don't...
Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by Gkay1(m): 5:55am On Feb 03, 2021
good development, hope they will postpone the date
Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by lagusboyyy(m): 5:55am On Feb 03, 2021
With the repeated shift of the deadline day.

I don't see this NIN registration exercise being successful.

Most things that work in other climes, often fail here.
Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by Nobody: 5:55am On Feb 03, 2021
After exposing Nigerians to the high risk, highly infectious covid-19, now they're extending deadline.

1 Like

Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by BUSHHUNTER: 5:56am On Feb 03, 2021
Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by Luckydubby7(m): 5:57am On Feb 03, 2021
Minus my 6 sims
Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by Triquetra: 5:58am On Feb 03, 2021
Some of the network providers are very unserious, after linking your NIN with the code, they won't send you a confirmation message whether or not it has been successfully linked.
the next day, they will still send you message to be threatening you about being blocked if you don't do it again...

abeg I get better thing to worry about jere...

if dem like make them block am!!!

3 Likes

Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by Nobody: 6:00am On Feb 03, 2021
Can someone enlighten me please. I supposed the National Identification Number is supposed to be for Nigerian Citizens alone. Like the Social security Number of the USA.

The way it's being handled, everyone in Nigeria having and Using a Phone is expected to get it. Both foreigners and citizens.
What then differentiate us from foreigners?

Can I be enlightened please.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by Godada(m): 6:00am On Feb 03, 2021
angry
Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by Nbotee(m): 6:03am On Feb 03, 2021
Them neva still make us understand how businesses are supposed to register their office and business lines
Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by chigoziri2403(m): 6:03am On Feb 03, 2021
Can't your BVN just be linked to all your data

1 Like

Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by GoshenNLA(m): 6:03am On Feb 03, 2021
For the fact that you didn’t block those that didn’t register at the first deadline, you fall my hand �, first block and unblock later then you be MVP
Just kidding though
In another news.....
You need dope pencil portrait (artwork) for your family and friends, kindly check my signature for Nice samples and make your order for your portrait Frames
Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by Scrupulous419(m): 6:04am On Feb 03, 2021
Nbotee:
Vu

vu for what na ?

Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by jeeqaa7(m): 6:04am On Feb 03, 2021
wait,something fishy going on
Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by solmus: 6:05am On Feb 03, 2021
cool

Issa Pantami seem to want to prove a point, I hope Nigerians don't bypass the security plan of the NIN

Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by Scrupulous419(m): 6:06am On Feb 03, 2021
Khayceeofficial:
If you know say you no follow for that 56.2m,

Raise up your hand grin grin grin

Na we get NIN na...

1 Like

Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by helinues: 6:08am On Feb 03, 2021
Okay
Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by beehivedata(m): 6:09am On Feb 03, 2021
Na so... until no single person on the queue to register for NIN, I no dey go anywhere...
Re: 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC by rawtouch: 6:17am On Feb 03, 2021
sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enugu: Appeal Court dismisses Edeoga's petition, Affirms PDP's Mbah As Governor / 18 Most Wanted Nigerians In The US(?) / Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.