Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:26 AM

Turn Around And Start Living That Healthy Lifestyle With These Simple Tips - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Turn Around And Start Living That Healthy Lifestyle With These Simple Tips (309 Views)

The Best Apps To Help You Start Living Healthy / Simple Tips To Enjoy A Good Night Sleep / Meet Nigerian Lady Who Gave Up Obesity To Live Healthy Lifestyle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turn Around And Start Living That Healthy Lifestyle With These Simple Tips by jellyfish92: 7:57am On Feb 03, 2021
Living a healthy lifestyle entails the perfect synergy between the body, the mind, and the emotions a person carries. Being able to achieve this lifestyle is seen as a success to human living.
Switching up your lifestyle to a healthier one goes a long way in the long run as it helps you age gracefully. You also get to avoid some malignant life crises or emergencies that pop up along the way.
Read more:
https://africanafashion.com/healthy-lifestyle-living/
Re: Turn Around And Start Living That Healthy Lifestyle With These Simple Tips by PoliteActivist: 8:10am On Feb 03, 2021
[/b]
jellyfish92:
Living a healthy lifestyle entails the perfect synergy between the body, the mind, and the emotions a person carries. Being able to achieve this lifestyle is seen as a success to human living.
Switching up your lifestyle to a healthier one goes a long way in the long run as it helps you age gracefully. You also get to avoid some malignant life crises or emergencies that pop up along the way.
Read more:
https://africanafashion.com/healthy-lifestyle-living/

Great article. Kudos OP

[b]Key Points To Living A Healthy Lifestyle

Last updated on February 2, 2021 by Editorial Staff

healthy lifestyle living
Share this:
FacebookTwitterPinterestShare

As a black woman, health is very important, not only because you get to live light, but also because you get to radiate happier and positive energy around you.

Living a healthy lifestyle also helps to make you feel good about yourself because you are doing something to elevate yourself higher into a place of peace and contentment.

Living a healthy lifestyle is not new and you probably know some of the tips/rules already. You might have even created a healthy lifestyle plan to keep on track but somehow you fell off. Well, you can dust yourself and start all over again. It is never too late to change to a healthy lifestyle.

There are different ways to live a healthy lifestyle and different rules that each person follows. The same plan does not necessarily have to work for everyone. You can also switch it up with another lifestyle plan, as long as you are gaining the benefits of it all.

Guide to Living a Healthy Lifestyle
Make a Conscious Effort to Live Healthily
healthy lifestyle living
You can’t make progress if you don’t put your mind to it. Living a healthy lifestyle is a decision you have to make for yourself and stick to it. You can start small by changing your sleeping or eating habits. Giving yourself time to relax and offload every extra thought in your mind.

You can also go strict by setting for yourself a goal or target. And if you are not strong-willed enough to follow through on your plan, seek help from people around you or seek out a support group around you. As mentioned, this is the first step. Knowing you have to change.

Learn the Risks
healthy lifestyle
This is concerning your health-wise. Knowing the health risk you might face if you are not living right should motivate you to switch to a healthy lifestyle. For those who have an underlying family illness, you have to take care of yourself more than ever. The illness might have skipped you, but it is still recessive and can come up due to your unhealthy living. Knowing what you stand to gain or lose from a healthy lifestyle should keep you motivated.

Exercise
healthy lifestyle living
Moving your body and keeping it active is like fine-tuning an engine. You have to do it to make the engine last longer. That is what exercise is to the body. You don’t have to do rigorous ones if your body cannot take it, but make sure you carry out simple exercises like walking for at least 30 minutes. If you don’t have enough time, incorporate the exercise with your daily routine like walking have the journey instead of taking a bus or a cab.

If you are ready to challenge yourself, you can register at a gym or subscribe to a trainer’s YouTube channel. The key point is to stay motivated to live healthily.

Check out how to buy the best shaper for yourself here.

Change Your Eating Habits
healthy lifestyle living
Eat a variety of food in the right quantity and quality is a good way to living a healthy lifestyle. Most times dieting doesn’t work as well as eating right. So if you have a bad eating habit like eating late at night, skipping important meals like breakfast, or keeping a junk-diet (snacking at irregular or all hours), you should change your eating habit.

Eating well goes beyond when and what to eat, it is also about moderation. Keeping your tummy filled is not the plan but giving your body enough strength is. As the saying goes, we eat to live not live to eat.

Also, remember to keep a good and balanced diet for your meals. Avoid processed food if you can and cook from scratch. This way you get to live a healthy lifestyle.

Stay Hydrated
healthy lifestyle living
Water goes a long way for the body than food. It is an essential liquid needed for our bodies to carry out its function. The body is made of 60% water, so water is essential to the body like removing waste, carrying oxygen around the body, and also carrying nutrients. An adult female is required to take up to 8 glass cups of water in a day to keep the body adequately hydrated.

Learn how to drink water. Avoid sodas as much as possible and stick to carrying a water bottle with you.

Take Care of Yourself
healthy lifestyle living
This is about showing self-love and care. A woman’s body is her temple and she needs to keep it clean. Shower at least twice daily and groom yourself appropriately. Cleanliness is next to godliness.

You also need to wear clothes that are actually your size and fit your body rightly to boost your confidence and also give you room to breathe. Be positive about your body and your image and appreciate the little imperfections too, they are there for a reason.

Take care of yourself better by learning how to buy a good conditioner for your hair.

Develop Your Mind
living healthily
You can try new things that would assimilate your mind and keep it active. You can learn something new like taking up a skill or a course; read books to stimulate your mind’s eye; work on puzzles or brain teasers. Do something that would task your brain rather than dull out the energy.

Cut Out Unhealthy Habits
healthy living
Unhealthy habits are hazardous to the body and mental health. You have to cut them out to start living a healthy lifestyle. For instance, smoking, drinking alcohol, or abusing drugs are habits that are dangerous to the health. It is best to stop before it leads to addiction.

Bad food habits also need to be cutting. Habits like overeating or binge eating could lead to obesity. You have to be able to control yourself.

Mediate or Pray
healthy lifestyle living
Having a form of catering to your spiritual wellbeing is important for living a healthy lifestyle. You can achieve this by praying or meditating. It is a form of finding inner peace and reaching a higher plane where God is. Prayers are also good because they help in calming your emotional storm. Have time set aside to meditate, pray or seek inner solace from within.

Surround Yourself with Positive Energy
healthy lifestyle living
This just has to do with removing negative thoughts or toxic people around you. It is okay to not want to see that friend that would destabilize you emotionally or leave you drained. This has to do with willing yourself to be happy by surrounding yourself with things that give you peace. Keep your optimism at 11; always try to see things in a good light, no matter how damning. This also helps to broaden your perspective.

Get a Checkup Regularly
living healthily
Be it to the doctors, dentist, or dermatologist; ensure you see your medical professionals regularly for your checkups. As a woman, screening for breast or cervical cancer is a must. You have to stay at the top of your health. These visits will also help in the early detection of any health issue that arises.

Take a Vacation
living healthily
Have a time when you will clock out from the world, technology, or work. You can take a vacation regularly to give yourself rest and rejuvenate yourself. You can also just retreat within and use that time to introspect, make mental notes or get that much-needed sleep.

It is also impossible to take a break from technology, especially if it has taken more than 50% of your life. Healthy living is all about cutting back on excesses, so once in a while cut back and relax.

1 Like

Re: Turn Around And Start Living That Healthy Lifestyle With These Simple Tips by meobizy(f): 3:51pm On Feb 03, 2021
Yoga and books are it for me. I don’t care for diets of any sort, I eat whatever I crave. The most important action is to start any form of activity before weight becomes an issue. I started exercising when naturally skinny. Fast forward many years later and I have no idea what my sedentary friends talk about when claiming weight crept up on them.
Re: Turn Around And Start Living That Healthy Lifestyle With These Simple Tips by PoliteActivist: 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2021
meobizy:
Yoga and books are it for me. I don’t care for diets of any sort, I eat whatever I crave. The most important action is to start any form of activity before weight becomes an issue. I started exercising when naturally skinny. Fast forward many years later and I have no idea what my sedentary friends talk about when claiming weight crept up on them.

But health is much more than weight loss. You can be quite slim, yet quite unhealthy. What you feed your body matters A LOT!
Re: Turn Around And Start Living That Healthy Lifestyle With These Simple Tips by meobizy(f): 4:42pm On Feb 03, 2021
PoliteActivist:

But health is much more than weight loss. You can be quite slim, yet quite unhealthy. What you feed your body matters A LOT!
Medical checkups twice a year counter all that.
Re: Turn Around And Start Living That Healthy Lifestyle With These Simple Tips by PoliteActivist: 5:06pm On Feb 03, 2021
meobizy:

Medical checkups twice a year counter all that.

Lol, there are people quite sick yet checkups show nothing.
Optimum health is more than absence of obvious illness
Re: Turn Around And Start Living That Healthy Lifestyle With These Simple Tips by dietercuti: 11:47am On Apr 09, 2022
I've noticed many times how useless products affect my well-being and my emotional state. Junk food and trips to McDonald's often cause melancholy or irritated moods. You may not believe me, but abstaining from junk food and temporarily switching to a vegetable diet can improve your mood, concentration, and mind. Instead of animal fats, you can eat nuts and almonds. Instead of meat, you can cook potatoes, mushrooms, and pumpkin. Believe me, it can help you concentrate on your work and mental activity. You can read more on the medical resource, which I often read at my leisure. This resource led me to a healthy lifestyle, giving up bad habits.

(1) (Reply)

Electric Oil Aroma Diffuser For Home Fragrance / Best Cat Care Tips And Tricks / Some Types Of HPV Infection Cause Warts, And Can Cause Different Types Of Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.