Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk (527 Views)

Sheikh Ahmad Gumi: The Nigerian Cleric Who Negotiates With Bandits -BBC Monitor / sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry / Kidnappers Of Sheikh Ahmad Sulaiman, Buhari's Prayer Warrior Arrested By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by DonXavi(m): 8:10am On Feb 03, 2021
In continuation of his peace efforts, Sheikh Ahmad Gummi was in Zamfara State where he met with bandits and their leaders aimed at persuading them to abandon criminality and return to the path of God by respecting the sanctity of life.
Creating awareness by preaching the words of God is another means of changing behaviour. Dr. Ahmad Gummi is doing just that, despite the fact that his efforts are fraught with risks.
However, sacrifices of this nature are necessary in the face of existential threats posed by banditry. Gummi knew the risks from the beginning, but he was undaunted.
I commend his patriotism, courage and sacrifice. May God reward him abundantly for his patriotic efforts and protect him from harm and unseen hands of evil. Amin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 03, 2021
Bandity came with their gun for negotiation

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by DonXavi(m): 8:15am On Feb 03, 2021
I commend what the Sheik is doing but what I am discovering is that the northern leaders know where these bandits are, they know these criminals. The North is not really ready for peace yet. Just look at how these herdsmen are openly brandishing deadly weapons as no man's business. God help this country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by sapientia(m): 8:23am On Feb 03, 2021
DonXavi:
I commend what the Sheik is doing but what I am discovering is that the northern leaders know where these bandits are, they know the these criminals. The North is not really ready for peace yet. Just look at how these herdsmen are openly brandishing deadly weapons as no man's business. God help this country.

They know them by name and location.
Re: Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by portplus: 8:23am On Feb 03, 2021
supportnija:
Bandity came with their gun for negotiation

I tire o. angry
I guess they don't want the Gana story to repeat itself.
Re: Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by Blankstare(m): 8:30am On Feb 03, 2021
This is serious! See the way they are comfortable and entitled...na wao. The Nigerian state has really broken down.
Re: Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by hardcore007: 8:31am On Feb 03, 2021
Hmm
Re: Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by Alba3: 8:36am On Feb 03, 2021
DonXavi:
I commend what the Sheik is doing but what I am discovering is that the northern leaders know where these bandits are, they know the these criminals. The North is not really ready for peace yet. Just look at how these herdsmen are openly brandishing deadly weapons as no man's business. God help this country.

The best for this nation is division.
What legacy are we leaving for generations unborn?
These people in the North are telling us to allow herdsmen to continue with their atrocities in the South so as to create same scenario in the South.

The most pathetic thing is our elected officials are doing nothing to defend the people.
Re: Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by duro4chang(m): 8:37am On Feb 03, 2021
Jokers every where!!!
Re: Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by Racoon(m): 8:39am On Feb 03, 2021
shocked Jesus Christ! See bandits in military camouflage even displaying arms & ammunition with defiant confidence.
The Nigerian army may be or not be in the so called peace parley but it is a known fact that these criminals will never be arrested.Imagine this is IPOB.Your guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by princemillla(m): 8:40am On Feb 03, 2021
Look at those kids wielding gun with army camo and someone will tell this people aren’t running agenda known by the presidency ?
Re: Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by Rugaria: 8:40am On Feb 03, 2021
You all can see... They Don't hide! Government knows there whereabouts! I can see machine guns! Anti aircraft guns! Buharis soldiers won't attack their bases but will be busy chasing shadows in Orlu! Nepotism is the bane of this country!
Re: Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by madmohamed(m): 8:43am On Feb 03, 2021
DonXavi:
In continuation of his peace efforts, Sheikh Ahmad Gummi was in Zamfara State where he met with bandits and their leaders aimed at persuading them to abandon criminality and return to the path of God by respecting the sanctity of life.
Creating awareness by preaching the words of God is another means of changing behaviour. Dr. Ahmad Gummi is doing just that, despite the fact that his efforts are fraught with risks.
However, sacrifices of this nature are necessary in the face of existential threats posed by banditry. Gummi knew the risks from the beginning, but he was undaunted.
I commend his patriotism, courage and sacrifice. May Allah reward him abundantly for his patriotic efforts and protect him from harm and unseen hands of evil. Amin.
and some of them is not even a Nigeria.
Re: Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:44am On Feb 03, 2021
I wonder what any southerner is searching for in 2023, any southern president would spend 8 years pandering to these monsters, like Johnathan,
Fighting a senseless war supported by Northern elites

PS: this is simply a show of force to the south, but we are blind down here,
Re: Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:44am On Feb 03, 2021
u see one Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by capatainrambo: 8:46am On Feb 03, 2021
We would rather kill and evict them in the south.

Who has time for these rubhish mt hewww
Re: Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by Rugaria: 8:46am On Feb 03, 2021
madmohamed:
and some of them is not even a Nigeria.
None Nigerian invaders being pampered by the military and Buhari because they are fulanis! Thousands killed, maimed, raped, chased out of their homes and Buhari refused to lift a finger! This country needs a major shake up..

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by DennisEche(m): 8:49am On Feb 03, 2021
CHAI, NIGERIA IS GONE, IMAGINE THE SO CALLED BANDITS CARRYING AK 47 RIFLE ON A MILITARY CAMO SNAPPING FOR THE PUBLIC TO SEE.
TO THE DEFENDERS OF THIS USELESS NEPOTIC GOVT, I HOPE YOU ALL CAN SEE NOW ESPECIALLY OUR SOUTH WESTENER. THE FG WANT TO ROAST SUNDAY IGHOHO WHO DOESNT CARRY AK47 BUT SEE A FULANI MAN CARRYING AK47 FOR THE PUBLIC TO SEE.
MY FELLOW SOUTHERNERS SEE WHAT THEY WANT TO REPLICATE IN YOUR LAND
Re: Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:49am On Feb 03, 2021
In their mind they believe it is their right and turn do like the way Niger Delta militants did those days.

Okay now ask them what they are agitating for? Mumu satanic reasons!

They want to take over the whole country, disrupt the entire life of the other regions. And u think those people will sit back and watch u guys destroy. Clowns
Re: Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 03, 2021
I never knew the army regalia is this useless.

See what almajiri bandits have turned the rag to

But if you wear army color busars in warri they would be foaming in the mouth
Re: Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by Jesse6(m): 8:52am On Feb 03, 2021
For how long

They know where these people are

What are they waiting for

Na just to dey buy aircraft, helicopters for the airforce and them no dey use am do anything
Re: Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 03, 2021
So gumni went to tell them about what exactly?

That they should convert to Islam when they already are

What is the agitation of these terrorists to warrant a negotiation talk show?
Re: Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by DonXavi(m): 9:01am On Feb 03, 2021
In the north we are begging criminals and in east we are killing people demanding for their right for self determination. May God help this country.
Re: Sheikh Ahmad Gummi Meets With Bandits In Zamfara State For Peace Talk by DonXavi(m): 12:24pm On Feb 03, 2021
The Nigerian government is truly not serious in addressing the issue. I could remember reading on the pages of newspaper sometimes ago, as according to one of the victims of kidnappers, who narrated his experience to PREMIUM TIMES, he said one of the bandits told him to tell the world that the present federal government failed them because they promise jobs to Nigerians during their campaign but there's no such jobs coming....This is one of the reasons the bandits gave. There could be other underlying motives - even political, but with what I see Sheikh Gumi doing, I expect that a serious federal government should by now constitute a high-powered committee comprising of top Islamic clerics in the country to meet with willing factions of the bandits (with Sheikh Gumi leading the Committee) and see to the possibility of brokering peace in the overall and collective benefit of the Northern region. The Northern region is falling apart and at supersonic speed, and it looks we don't have a serious federal government to salvage the situation. And the man in the Villa is claiming to be from the North. What a crying shame. As a serious government they should also take the same peace initiative to Eastern region to know what their grievances are and look for a way to tackle it. But, they won't do that because they are unserious.

(1) (Reply)

Throwback: My Father Had Over 48 Wives & I Was The 165th Child - Late Tony Momoh / Dapo Abiodun Is Useless / God Punish your mama your papa if you support IPOB - Igbo man VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.