Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry (25128 Views)

PDP Campaign Rally In Gummi, Anka LGs, Zamfara State (Pictures) / Pictures From Campaign APC In Gummi LG, Zamfara / Sheikh Gummi: 'The last elections worst ever to be conducted in the country' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:59pm On Feb 04, 2021
A renowned Islamic Scholar Sheikh Dr Ahmed Mahmoud Gummi has said that “what is currently happening in Zamfara is insurgency and not banditry”.

Gummi, who briefed Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara State at Government House today, said the bandits have completely turned into insurgents following the bad treatment from the people of the state.

“In most of the bandits and Fulani camps we have visited in Zamfara, I come to understand that what is happening in the state is nothing but an insurgency,” he said.

Gummi maintained that most of the bandits he came across during his visit to Zamfara forests were only carrying weapons and attacking people because of persistent attacks and harassment from the vigilante group known as the Yansakai.

Gummi stated that most of the bandits he interacted with during his visit had indicated their readiness to surrender their weapons and embrace peace if the Yansakai stopped attacking and killing them.

He appealed to governments at all levels to embrace dialogue with the bandits and other insurgents in the country, expressing optimism that “dialogue is the only option to end the menace”.

He commended Governor Matawalle for introducing dialogue with the bandits as a means of ending banditry, calling on other governors to emulate him.

Some people are of the view that the bandits should be fought and killed, but what we understand is that majority of them are illiterates who need proper education and enlightenment,” he said.

He stressed that the steps taken by the Zamfara State Government through dialogue were the best option.

In his response, Governor Matawalle said his administration would continue to dialogue with the bandits no matter what his political opponents would say.

https://punchng.com/what-i-saw-in-zamfara-is-insurgency-not-banditry-sheikh-gummi/

3 Likes

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by ijaw1stson: 9:00pm On Feb 04, 2021
When government decided to grant repentant Boko Haram militants first class treatment, why won't other terror groups rise up to collect their share?

Nonsense government

Ftc? Hahahahaha today is a good day

148 Likes 5 Shares

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by Arewa1stSon: 9:00pm On Feb 04, 2021
Toh...

2 Likes

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by TooMuchStuff: 9:02pm On Feb 04, 2021
Lawlessness Galore courtesy Buharism

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by Vision4God: 9:11pm On Feb 04, 2021
Y won't it thrive when govt is pampering them.

May God deliver Nigeria from d hand of d wicked

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by Regene2020: 9:20pm On Feb 04, 2021
What sensible Nigerians are seeing is nothing but Taqiya.

You can't be commending metallawe who has been dashing bandits Hilux to commit atrocities.

Whichever name you Terrorists apologists choose to use to downplay the happenings in this country would not stop it from been an Jihad by the north supported by the government

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by Homeboiy: 9:20pm On Feb 04, 2021
:op

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by Ojiofor: 9:22pm On Feb 04, 2021
Let the North continue to use appeasement to fight terrorists groups in their region but they shouldn't export it down south.

15 Likes

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by Jesse6(m): 9:29pm On Feb 04, 2021
what has the last dialogue you guys had brought??

2 Likes

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by Zooposki(f): 9:32pm On Feb 04, 2021
Who or What is Yansakai?
Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by tito44: 9:34pm On Feb 04, 2021
Funny how sheikh Gummi can locate and visit the bandits, but the Nigeria soldiers and police + DSS couldn't locate and annihilate them.

Now you know that the govt of the day are direct/indirect sponsors of these bandits

140 Likes 11 Shares

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by KAHBOOM: 9:34pm On Feb 04, 2021
As long as u guys use zamfara state fund to appease them no problem.

Mekkuna dey una dey for north while we dey our dey for south

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by seunmsg(m): 9:42pm On Feb 04, 2021
“In most of the bandits and Fulani camps we have visited in Zamfara, I come to understand that what is happening in the state is nothing but an insurgency,” he said.

Gummi maintained that most of the bandits he came across during his visit to Zamfara forests were only carrying weapons and attacking people because of persistent attacks and harassment from the vigilante group known as the Yansakai

Why did the Fulanis set up camps in Zamfara forest?

Who are the Yansakai and why are the killing the Fulanis?

13 Likes

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by Babalawoniger: 9:44pm On Feb 04, 2021
This country is irredeemable.
The cloud is thickly dark. Until we fight to Free ourselves, we will have no progress.

6 Likes

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by TinubuGoQuench(f): 9:45pm On Feb 04, 2021
Arewa1stSon:
Toh...

TERRORISTS HAVE FINISHED NORTH!

1 Like

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by TinubuGoQuench(f): 9:46pm On Feb 04, 2021
NORTHERNERS SHOULD CONSUME THEMSELVES BY THEMSELVES!

2 Likes

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by Aconomist: 10:23pm On Feb 04, 2021
seunmsg:

Why did the Fulanis set up camps in Zamfara forest?

Who are the Yansakai and why are the killing the Fulanis?
The Yansakai are Hausa vigilante groups that have formed to defend their villages from Fulani attack.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by helinues: 10:27pm On Feb 04, 2021
Northerners should continue deceiving themselves about the insecurities in their region .

So you people have credible information about the location of the bandits but couldn't share it with security operatives.

7 Likes

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by Dpharisee: 10:36pm On Feb 04, 2021
So we should start calling them insurgents and not bandits or herdsmen anymore.
The North is really in crisis
Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by Racoon(m): 10:37pm On Feb 04, 2021
Meaning and still affirming that Banditry // BH terrorists and vice versa.Banditry and terrorists are the two words the Buhari government want to use to deceive Nigerians to underplay both.Meanwhile, "..We Have Defeated Insurgency, But Facing the Challenge of Terrorism" - Buratai.

4 Likes

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by Racoon(m): 10:48pm On Feb 04, 2021
helinues:
Northerners should continue deceiving themselves about the insecurities in their region.So you people have credible information about the location of the bandits but couldn't share it with security operatives.
The northerners are the insecurity and have their kiths and kin entrenched in the military and even the para-military yet the region is bedevilled with the most brutal deteriorating insecurity ever seen in the annals of this failed nation.So you expect them to report themselves?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by helinues: 11:56pm On Feb 04, 2021
Racoon:

The northerners are the insecurity and have their kiths and kin entrenched in the military and even the para-military yet the region is bedevilled with the most brutal deteriorating insecurity ever seen in the annals of this failed nation.So you expect them to report themselves?

Then let them stop wailing about the killings

3 Likes

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by Olabode971(f): 2:45am On Feb 05, 2021
grin

The Northerners have gold, crude oil, bitumen, beryllium, asphalt,coal tar, granites.. etc.

Let them go and start their own country.

If banditry, jihadist won't finish them patapata...

#GoodRiddanceToBadRubbish

9 Likes

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by tobechi74: 4:08am On Feb 05, 2021
Sad
Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by Acidiously: 4:09am On Feb 05, 2021
Ok, what we have is a state sponsored insurgency. Because what they hear from you guys are; negotiations, dialogue. Who stops being disobedient when he's never punished but always pampered and rewarded for it.

4 Likes

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by kollinz1234(m): 4:10am On Feb 05, 2021
You condemn ESN and Amotekun who are defending their people and pamper Bandits and Boko Haram who are killing people trying so much to convince the world that the terrorists have been treated unfairly and are acting out of illiteracy? Like what the Fu*ck?

Instead of turning the massive land mass in northern Nigeria as an agricultural haven, u all have turned it to terrorists hideout.

With what is going on in the north now, one will ask where will the north be in 20 years time? A developed region devoid of illiteracy attracting tourist and investors or a conquered territory with slaves?

The Problem Of The North, Is The North.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by MsAllison(f): 4:11am On Feb 05, 2021
tito44:
Funny how sheikh Gummi can locate and visit the bandits, but the Nigeria soldiers and police + DSS couldn't locate and annihilate them.

Now you know that the govt of the day are direct/indirect sponsors of these bandits
na today you know say Buhari na terrorist.

remember how Bokoharam made him the mediator in Jonathan's government

Buhari is a criminal terrorist
APC is Bokoharam

thunder fire Buhari and all his useless supporters especially that one that sells poisoned BBQ

9 Likes

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by donsolo4u2c(m): 4:16am On Feb 05, 2021
This is the main reason Nnamdi Kanu is agitating for Freedom...
You created BokoHaram;
You transformed BokoHaram to Fulani Herdsmen,
You Created Bandits;
You now transformed bandits to Insurgency.....

This is 11years Fulani herdsmen started carrying official guns, no one dare proscribe them as terrorist group.
But the innocent IPOB were quickly tagged "TERRORIST AND UNLAWFUL GROUP" and one IDIOT will preach ONE NIGERIA to the SOUTH and South-East

#REVOLUTIONNOW

16 Likes

Re: sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry by Grace001: 4:21am On Feb 05, 2021
A country built on lies and deceit can never know peace or move forward.

Can you imagine an ordinary sheikh knows the hideout of this modafucker bandits that kills at will, but the good for nothing nigeria government and her useless security agencies (Nigeria army and police) have no intelligence about their( bandits) hideout.

If you still have hope in this irredeemable failed country, your sanity need to be checked.

Some people are of the view that the bandits should be fought and killed, but what we understand is that majority of them are illiterates who need proper education and enlightenment,” he said.

What do you expect from a region that value almajiri system more than proper education. There are thousands of potential bandits on the northern streets with bowl in their hands.

Una go dialogues tire because what you’re seeing now is just a tips of an iceberg

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter / INEC Sets Date For 2019 Presidential Election, February 16, 2019 / President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.