Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) (1276 Views)

YOUTHS…. IN NIGER STATE AVENGE KILLING OF TWO FARMERS BY SUSPECTED FULANI HERDER / Fulani Herder Shot Dead In Ondo / Ruga Settlement Is To Resolve Farmer/Herder Conflicts - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by Cashsteady(m): 9:00am On Feb 03, 2021
There's one school I really can't remember the name but it was built In the middle of bushes around that ijebu ode area.. One day, I just decided to stroll down that area as there are path ways In the middle of the bushes.. To my surprise I met this fulani herdsmen with his cows. At first I was scared and wanted to run back but I just summoned courage and decided to be brave..

Before I knew it this fulani said oga" meaning boss i replied to him then we started to talk and laugh together. So it was time for the herder to take the cows back to their sentiment somewhere in the bush where they built their hut so I decided to follow him there..

When we got there I saw beautiful and handsome fulani children outside their hut playing and I saw like 5 fulani women cooking, the herder I followed told him to sit down and said he wanted to introduce me to their father I siad ok and sat down at the same time I was also very scared..

Their father came out I greeted him he responded with a smile we talked for a lil bit and also told me there have been living there for over 10 years . I was about to go when their father told one his son to bring 'nunu' for me. The helped me put it inside keg and said I can share it with my family, I told then thank you, they responded and they said they hope to see me another time, I waved at the kids, and everyone and left..

While I was going I saw student of the school in that area and I decided to ask them questions to my surprise they said this fulani people are very friendly and even said fulani children do come to their school to play football with them after exam, that there have never been any problem in that area.. This school is a private school not a government school.. I was shocked!
Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by Kingnutts(m): 9:08am On Feb 03, 2021
Abeg make this post no Cross this page ooh.. I have no faith in any of em herders

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by skyblueking(m): 9:13am On Feb 03, 2021
The good ones still exist but the sad truth is that the bad ones have dominated the good ones..
Am talking out of experience too

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by Shellsploit: 9:16am On Feb 03, 2021
Some of them are good!
2 are my neighbors here at okearo Matogun.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by ogashman(m): 9:18am On Feb 03, 2021
,there are good fulanis, the problem is that the bad eggs amongst them are really giving them a bad name..

My grouse is that the good fulanis are yet to come to condemn and distance themselves from the criminals in their midst.

Until they do that, people may continue having this stereotypical disdain for they and theirs.

check my siggy....it's still the duvet guy
Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by Pecuman: 9:19am On Feb 03, 2021
Obviously if they are human, most of them would be good people but it doesn't really matter in my book to the problem that their community empowers and defends killers.
Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by TooMuchStuff: 9:27am On Feb 03, 2021
The good ones are usually noticed when they are tiny minority in any community. But when they increase in numbers in that community, all of them would turn violent and hostile to the host

They are snakes. Very wise and crooked.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by adadike(f): 9:28am On Feb 03, 2021
Few of them are good but they are only loyal to themselves that's why they find it difficult to expose the criminal element among them. Op, the day you will meet one that will ask one of his cows to attack and pursue you, that's the day you will truly know who the Fulanis are

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by duro4chang(m): 9:34am On Feb 03, 2021
of course you cannot expect everyone in a particular community to be bad now. That reminds me of some years back in my village. We had a farm in the bush and there was a fulani hut very close. There was a young fulani cattle herder called Adamu who live in the huts with his parents, wives and children. To us this man was nice. Sometimes he would kill bush fowls with his stick and gave us. But one day we saw him feeding his cattle on our crops. He saw us and he hid himself. The matter was reported to his father who later apologized. But the damage had been done. That was around 1976 or 1977.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 03, 2021
Cashsteady:
There's one school I really can't remember the name but it was built In the middle of bushes around that ijebu ode area.. One day, I just decided to stroll down that area as there are path ways In the middle of the bushes.. To my surprise I met this fulani herdsmen with his cows. At first I was scared and wanted to run back but I just summoned courage and decided to be brave..

Before I knew it this fulani said oga" meaning boss i replied to him then we started to talk and laugh together. So it was time for the herder to take the cows back to their sentiment somewhere in the bush where they built their hut so I decided to follow him there..

When we got there I saw beautiful and handsome fulani children outside their hut playing and I saw like 5 fulani women cooking, the herder I followed told him to sit down and said he wanted to introduce me to their father I siad ok and sat down at the same time I was also very scared..

Their father came out I greeted him he responded with a smile we talked for a lil bit and also told me there have been living there for over 10 years . I was about to go when their father told one his son to bring 'nunu' for me. The helped me put it inside keg and said I can share it with my family, I told then thank you, they responded and they said they hope to see me another time, I waved at the kids, and everyone and left..

While I was going I saw student of the school in that area and I decided to ask them questions to my surprise they said this fulani people are very friendly and even said fulani children do come to their school to play football with them after exam, that there have never been any problem in that area.. This school is a private school not a government school.. I was shocked!
It's so convenient that same moniker that has been trying to set up beef between Igbos and Yorubas is the same one that met good fulanis

How very convenient

Oga we are not hausas down south ...what tiv and jukun did/do to fulani would be enjoyment compared to what u would experience in south

Central africa republic would be paradise compared to Southern Nigeria when the time comes

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by Cashsteady(m): 9:51am On Feb 03, 2021
TooMuchStuff:
The good ones are usually noticed when he's a tiny minority in any community. But when they increase in numbers in that community, all of them would turn violent and hostile to the host

They are snakes. Very wise and crooked.

This people were quite much.. if I were to count them they would be over 20
Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by Fahdiga1: 10:10am On Feb 03, 2021
A paid influencer doing his job
Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by GamalNasser: 10:24am On Feb 03, 2021
You people stil don't get how this Fulanis operate ...That's the forward intel party you came across doing their recon work..that's how they scope out areas pretending to be friendly till they need to sieze the place

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by Nigerianization(m): 10:37am On Feb 03, 2021
For the sake of fairness and balance, let me also share my PERSONAL experience with Fulani herdsmen. During my youth service year in Edo state, in a village called Ekiadolor - where the state used to have their college of education, there is a valley facing the corpers' lodge and down the valley, there was a Fulani settlement they. These guys are really nice and they come to our lodge to fetch water and all. One day, they call us come dash us one cow. I guess the cow was sick or something but it was still full of life and took us an awful long time to slaughter and butcher. It was a night to remember and i guess it was during the period of the election of the catholic Pope. There was so much meat for us that i had to call my sister in school all the way from Awka, in Anambra state to come and partake in the feast. She took a bucket load of fried beef to school and started doing give away with it.

There are really nice ones among them but the bad ones too many. Even the Sultan of Sokoto acknowledged it.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 03, 2021
duro4chang:
That was around 1976 or 1977.
Wake up. This is 2021. This isn't 1977 or 1976 anymore.

GamalNasser:
You people stil don't get how this Fulanis operate ...That's the forward intel party you came across doing their recon work..that's how they scope out areas pretending to be friendly till they need to sieze the place
TooMuchStuff:
The good ones are usually noticed when they are tiny minority in any community. But when they increase in numbers in that community, all of them would turn violent and hostile to the host. They are snakes. Very wise and crooked.
Exactly.
Some people already getting fooled in the thread, which shows the level of gullibility.
These Fulani guys are a lot smart. They operate like organized crime syndicate.

Charmingrascal:

When I was in School (year one) me and some of my friends left the hostel one evening just strolling inside the bush behind our hostel, to our surprise we came across Fulani settlement,
Nigerianization:
For the sake of fairness and balance, let me also share my PERSONAL experience with Fulani herdsmen.
Even Dracula might have been more nicer when everyone is watching.
Leave your community environment where you dominate, where people are watching and can rescue you.
Go deeper into the thick forests, just you alone till you reach settlements where only they dominate. Come back to share this same story. Then I'd agree.

Cashsteady:
If you're saying all these for some twisted reason, then only dumb folks would fall for your bullcrap but if you're saying all these genuinely, I'd say, don't fall for that 'friendly gesture' bullcrap.

Something most Nigerians, especially Southerners don't know is that Fulanis are way smarter than y'all thought.
You think you're educated while you see them as some dumb-headed nomads who carry sticks about in the jungle. That is a big Nah! Fulanis aren't dumb, not even close. Never should you underestimate their smartness.
If a Fulani lives with you for long, a time would come he/she would be able to speak your dialect or language far better than you. They're smart.
Then they've some highly potent diabolic abilities. They know their diabolic stuff the same way you know your book.
Also, they're highly adaptive. Whether in the wild woods or in your community, they adapt to anything. That's the reason for the said 'friendly gesture'. It's just one of their adaptation mechanisms.

Now, the real thing is the personality and lifestyles of Fulanis. Their nomadic survival instinct, their ulterior mission to capture and subdue any community they stay; and their selfish, inordinate affection for their cows at the expense or even death of any community they set their feet on.
These barbarians don't forget nor forgive, they don't negotiate, they don't change, so you would only waste your time trying to change them. Don't be fooled with the 'friendly gesture', it's just a 'Greek gift'. They have a mission in their master plan, once everything is set, they would show you their true colour.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by Rugaria: 10:48am On Feb 03, 2021
Igbochief001:

It's so convenient that same moniker that has been trying to set up beef between Igbos and Yorubas is the same one that met good fulanis

How very convenient

Oga we are not hausas down south ...what tiv and jukun did/do to fulani would be enjoyment compared to what u would experience in south

Central africa republic would be paradise compared to Southern Nigeria when the time comes

No mind am..
Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by helinues: 10:48am On Feb 03, 2021
Not all Fulani herdsmen are bad though but the little ones are giving them bad names
Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by Mirabeldubbin1: 10:59am On Feb 03, 2021
Where at okearo Matogun.
Mtchewww, dey spew thrash
Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by Mirabeldubbin1: 11:06am On Feb 03, 2021
Shellsploit:
Some of them are good!
2 are my neighbors here at okearo Matogun.

Around Where at okearo Matogun. ?
Mtchewww, dey spew thrash
Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by Formularcr7: 11:26am On Feb 03, 2021
May you never come across the bad ones
Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by nairalandankrah: 11:38am On Feb 03, 2021
helinues:
[s]Not all Fulani herdsmen are bad though but the little ones are giving them bad names[/s]
Even your sultan said 7 out of 10 Fulani herdsmen are horrible...yet you call it little.
You're more evil than Nigerians can ever imagine...tuehh
Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by Charmingrascal(m): 11:41am On Feb 03, 2021
Cashsteady:

When I was in School (year one) me and some of my friends left the hostel one evening just strolling inside the bush behind our hostel, to our surprise we came across Fulani settlement, we entered there, greeted them, they didn't understand English language but there was someone with us who could speak Hausa so we introduced ourselves as students and we were just exploring the bushes.
There compound were neatly swept and clean, I saw a very BEAUTIFUL Fulani lady, as in she was so beautiful that all of us fell in love with our beauty.
They offered us their food (a tuwo like stuff) they took us to their farm and gave us fresh fruits, garden eggs, water melon and all. They asked us to take as many as we like after gisting and taking pictures with them we decided to leave and one of the little boys wanted to follow us.

Some of them are friendly but the bad ones are more than the good ones, if you know a criminal and you are shedding him you are also a bad person
Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by helinues: 11:48am On Feb 03, 2021
nairalandankrah:

Even your sultan said 7 out of 10 Fulani herdsmen are horrible...yet you call it little.
You're more evil than Nigerians can ever imagine...tuehh

Send your mailing address make I gift you free handkerchief and buckets
Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by helinues: 11:50am On Feb 03, 2021
MsAllison:

rule 1

Lack of comprehension.

Village professor
Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by nairalandankrah: 12:03pm On Feb 03, 2021
helinues:

Send your mailing address make I gift you free handkerchief and buckets
I think you need those handkerchief more than you realize, just that you've already become a pro buhari robot..

Your brothers, mothers and sisters are been shamelessly evicted from the south...
Enforcement of the anti grazing law of 1969 is being enforced by the indigenous owners of the lands..
The south have woken up, your time is up..
Obey your elders, Take whatever is left of your cows and leave the bushes...
Re: My Experience With A Fulani Herder( Good One's) by helinues: 12:04pm On Feb 03, 2021
nairalandankrah:

I think you need those handkerchief more than you realize, just that you've already become a pro buhari robot..

Your brothers, mothers and sisters are been shamelessly evicted from the south...
Enforcement of the anti grazing law of 1969 is being enforced by the indigenous owners of the lands..
The south have woken up, your time is up..
Obey your elders, Take whatever is left of your cows and leave the bushes...

You guys opinions have never been important/matter...

Nothing would make this one different

(1) (2) (Reply)

Northern Nigeria Don't Need Southerns Vote To Win Presidential Elections / Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC / Nnamdi Kanu Replies Lagos Police Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.