Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,961 members, 7,952,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:18 AM

Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC (1347 Views)

We are not sole offtaker, no guarantee of lower prices - NNPCL replies MURIC / You Are Not An Engineer: Tinubu Aide Replies Obasanjo On Port Harcourt Refinery / 2023: Onanuga Urge Buhari To Repay Tinubu's Support, Atiku's Aide Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by Akiara: 3:13pm On Apr 17, 2021
Olayomi Koiki, media aide to Yoruba freedom fighter, Sunday Adeyemo (Igboho), has said agitations for self-determination do not deter anyone from practising their religions, including Sharia if they so wish.

Speaking in an interview with SaharaReporters on Friday, Koiki said the Yoruba nation would respect the rights of adherents of the various religions.

Prof. Ishaq Akintola, Director of MURIC

The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) had earlier asked those agitating for the Oduduwa Republic to state what they have in stock for Muslim children and women in the South-West and their plan for hijab.

In a statement by the director of the group, Ishaq Akintola, MURIC, on Friday asked if the agitators have any provision for civil Sharia which "Yoruba Muslims have been demanding for ages."

The Islamic group said it was drawing the attention of the agitators of the Oduduwa Republic to the plight of Muslims in Yorubaland.

It stated that leaders of the groups agitating for breakaway must admit that there is a strain in Christian/Muslim relationship in the South-West and must proffer solutions to address it.

But reacting, Koiki said the call for self-determination does not stop anyone from practising their religion.

He drew an analogy about the United Kingdom, where adherents of various religions live in peace without any religious sentiments.

"I have lived in the United Kingdom for the past 22 years and we have Hindus; we have all kinds of religions living in peace doing similar things, operating in that country with no fight, without insulting or disrespecting each other. So our call for self-determination does not affect anyone's religion. Everyone will be allowed to practise their religion; whether you want to practise Sharia, it's entirely up to you.

"But look at Nigeria; if I want to live in Kano, I am not allowed to sell pork. People are being forced to fast in Kano, and we call this country a secular country. This is to show that Sharia law is being forced on people, irrespective of their religion. Even Saudi Arabia does not practise their religion the way it is being practised here in this country, where people are maimed and killed for the sake of religion.

"In 2018, Christians were killed in Benue because the people who killed them believe they own the land. If you look at the Southern part of the country, even as a Muslim, your religion seems different from that of someone from the North because the Northern Muslims believe you must adhere to a particular dress code.

"If I wanted to live with my wife in Kano and insist she must wear a jean, that is not tolerated in Kano. Yet, they will accept money accrued from sales of alcohol and use it to develop Kano. These are areas we have looked at to say we are much better to split the country. If in the nearest future I decide to live in Kano, I will obey their laws but at the moment, Kano does not respect me as a Yoruba man to live there and decide what kind of business I want to do."

When asked about specific dates for the one-million march the Yoruba group had planned before now, he said, "We follow the directions from our leader, so if our leader decides that we will hold the 1 million march, we will."

http://saharareporters.com/2021/04/17/sharia-will-be-allowed-oduduwa-republic-igbohos-aide-replies-muric

1 Like

Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by Akiara: 3:14pm On Apr 17, 2021
SO IN YORUBA NATION THE SHARIA PENAL CODE WILL BE ENFORCED ACCORDINGLY. smiley smiley smiley

WONT THIS CAUSE CONFLICT BETWEEN THE CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS...JUST LIKE THE HIJAB CONTROVERSY.??
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by Abdul05: 3:14pm On Apr 17, 2021
grin this is wonderful. Can these people separate
themselves from the North?.l doubt it

grin grin hausana/Fulani and Yoruba will always remain friends.Tinubu said it publicly ,And to me, he is right.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by Fahdiga(m): 3:14pm On Apr 17, 2021
Yoro Muslim replies a fellow Yoro Muslim
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2021
Anam shocked
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by mbaise1000: 3:25pm On Apr 17, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Fahdiga:

What is wrong with the answer he gave?
Don't you think it's time to grow up some?
I haven't seen you contribute meaningfully to any thread, ethnic bashing and trolling all the time, who exactly are you? Now same little minds like you from there will take up your childish challenge and this thread will go the way idiots want it to go

4 Likes

Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by Fahdiga(m): 3:28pm On Apr 17, 2021
mbaise1000:
[color=#006600][/color]

What is wrong with the answer he gave?
Don't you think it's time to grow up some?
I haven't seen you contribute meaningfully to any thread, ethnic bashing and trolling all the time, who exactly are you? Now same little minds like you from there will take up your childish challenge and this thread will go the way idiots want it to go
At the end you said nothing
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by uBuNiT: 3:30pm On Apr 17, 2021
We Yorubas are always with our northern fathers.

2 Likes

Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 17, 2021
can a Yoruba Muslim grow balls to sight the moon they see everyday?

No Fulani sultan have the Divine right to sight it for them
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by Sammy07: 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
uBuNiT:

Where's your compound In Yorubaland?

3 Likes

Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by Sammy07: 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
BTW, Both mumuric FFK and all other stupid people in Yoruba land are mad.

1 Like

Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by Racoon(m): 3:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
After serving the caliphate for long, they are still longing for the continuation of the servitude.MURIC will like this one very well.
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by Yoruba1stson: 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
Religon will not be forced on anybody, you are free to practice any religion you like
God bless oduduwa land

1 Like

Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by uBuNiT: 3:42pm On Apr 17, 2021
Sammy07:

abeokute nah
lafenwa
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by Sammy07: 3:43pm On Apr 17, 2021
uBuNiT:

abeokute nah

lafenwa

Pin lafenwa si silebu
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by SmartPolician: 3:46pm On Apr 17, 2021
Fahdiga:

Actually, Mbaise1000 is making sense

You guys need to slow down with all these e-fights.

Nairaland is increasing losing its relevance at the speed of light - thanks to all these meaningless fights and arguments.
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by OluomoJ: 4:08pm On Apr 17, 2021
Fahdiga:

You sound pained. Were you expecting Oduduwa Republic to be anti-Islam before? Come off it. Even the President and C-in-C of Biafra, Mujahideen Sheikh Asari Dokubo is a practising Muslim, or isn't he?

2 Likes

Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by Fahdiga(m): 4:22pm On Apr 17, 2021
OluomoJ:

You sound pained. Were you expecting Oduduwa Republic to be anti-Islam before? Come off it. Even the President and C-in-C of Biafra, Mujahideen Sheikh Asari Dokubo is a practising Muslim, or isn't he?
I don't understand what you are talking about
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by johnmartus(m): 4:28pm On Apr 17, 2021
Jamboree group
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
I love that

That true definition of sophistication.

Even Osun state, Oyo and Ogun needs needs sharia law as of present to carter for the increasing yoruba Muslims population...

What is the essence of having sharia in Kano when it can't be replicated in Osun that shares same faith and are almost 96% Muslims...
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by MrSamsung(m): 4:49pm On Apr 17, 2021
That would be very very good for the women and men in that Republic tongue

I can't wait for their women to start wearing full bukka regalia covering up to the eyes because they are too bootilicious, eye-sexy and tempting else an imam sins lipsrsealed
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2021
grin

Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by Omoslim26: 5:11pm On Apr 17, 2021
Fahdiga:

Like seriously you need to grow up dis your senseless tribal bashing has made it very impossible for you to reason like human��

Abi se your destiny na to do Yoruba vs Igbo from now till 600yrs.

Shun bigotry.

Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by GodHatesBigots(m): 5:14pm On Apr 17, 2021
Confused people ; they don't know whether they are coming or going, thank god we have no borders with them. Keep you Sharia crap in the North and West.
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by kemicalreact: 5:18pm On Apr 17, 2021
Sammy07:

Don't mind the bastard grin grin
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by cornelin(m): 5:26pm On Apr 17, 2021
We'll appreciate Muslim faithfuls but won't allow a Jihadist fundamentalist
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by mbaise1000: 5:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Fahdiga:

No I said a lot but I will not be surprised that you did not comprehend, everyone else did but you, says a lot about you
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by uBuNiT: 6:22pm On Apr 17, 2021
Sammy07:

Pin lafenwa si silebu
tah. shot up
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by uBuNiT: 6:22pm On Apr 17, 2021
Sammy07:

Pin lafenwa si silebu
tah. shot up
Sammy07:

Pin lafenwa si silebu
tah. shot up
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by RemoveKebab: 6:28pm On Apr 17, 2021
Even the devil knows this is impossible.

It just a bait, so as to get all necessary and unnecessary supports even from a madman(MURIC)

Once the deed is achieved(Oodua nation), all will restore to its natural settings.

The natural conservative yoruba culture will take hold rapidly.

Even the most extremist yorubas which are found in kwara wont be left of from this wave of yoruba conservative renaissance.

The reason for their extremism is due to Northern influence which won't be there any more.

we all know even the word sharia is alien to yoruba's natural culture. the most extremist yoruba Muslim won't dare on such approach. It a dead end tunnel approach.
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC by Oracleforce: 6:41pm On Apr 17, 2021
uBuNiT:

I'm yet to see any Yoruba Muslim Cleric that will sight the moon for Sultan of Sokoto....the Northerners Aboki Muslim Cleric are the expert Moon Sighters.....papa deceiving Pikin.....
The Christians in Nigeria are leading globally.....and Yoruba Christain dominates globally......including in Isreal and Uk and the US where Christianity spread to Nigeria.....
EA adeboye prayed for UK prime Minister..i doubt any Yoruba Muslim cleric leader that has ever pray for any Saudi Arabia Monarchy leader?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Gowon Abolished Regionalism And Introduced Unitary Rule- Pictures / Nnamdi Kanu Tackles Bishop Of Owerri For Allowing Hope Uzodinma Into Assumpta, W / Imo Visit: See How President Buhari Wore His Face Mask

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.