Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,009 members, 7,821,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? (3442 Views)

Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” / English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? / Mikel, Neymar, Ronaldo & Iniesta Welcome Teams To Russia (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by chris259(m): 7:42pm On Feb 04, 2021
paulolee:

I get ur point bt they is something we are mixing up here...one is messi scoring goals n the other is mess winning trophies..
messi decline is more about the age factor than who he is playing with, a younger messi would surely score goals unrespective of who he Is playing with because messi gets involved in d building and he hardly sits n waits for assit...
messi form is more abt age but I still agree he may struggle to win trophies without a good team dt involve xavi, iniesta n busquets bt he would always score those insane numbers...
i get ur point on the age factor but when u compare players like ronaldo, suarez, ibramohvic and lewandoski who are in their 30's and still banging goals too at their respective clubs u will now see dat u are been sentimental with ur point, messi's decline is not really age factor but players lyk xavi and iniesta who used to pull the strings in the midfield are no longer there only his fk abilities got better as they left

1 Like

Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by oyatainer(m): 1:01am On Feb 05, 2021
chris259:
i get ur point on the age factor but when u compare players like ronaldo, suarez, ibramohvic and lewandoski who are in their 30's and still banging goals too at their respective clubs u will now see dat u are been sentimental with ur point, messi's decline is not really age factor but players lyk xavi and iniesta who used to pull the strings in the midfield are no longer there only his fk abilities got better as they left

Messi declines with age not because of Xavi and Iniesta. He has won several awards without these trio. Ballon'dor, European golden Boots three times after they left, la liga golden Boot, two la liga. Who tells you Messi is not banging goals. Since those guys left, no player has scored the goals Messi scored altogether. Go and check well.
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by ShackWes(f): 5:20am On Feb 05, 2021
oyatainer:

Messi declines with age not because of Xavi and Iniesta. He has won several awards without these trio. Ballon'dor, European golden Boots three times after they left, la liga golden Boot, two la liga. Who tells you Messi is not banging goals. Since those guys left, no player has scored the goals Messi scored altogether. Go and check well.
u dey mind all those sentimental fools

they are just deluded with their love for the fraud goat
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by OJEEMAH(m): 8:47am On Feb 05, 2021
ShackWes:

u dey mind all those sentimental fools

they are just deluded with their love for the fraud goat
They forgot he was in his 30's when he won European Golden boot, Uefa Top Scorer, Uefa Best & Balon dor in 2019 and he was still the top scorer in the league last season. Just because he didn't hit the ground running this season, they have drawn a conclusion......The transfer battle with Bartomeu affected his game.
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by Beverlyjean(f): 11:20am On Feb 05, 2021
OJEEMAH:
They forgot he was in his 30's when he won European Golden boot, Uefa Top Scorer, Uefa Best & Balon dor in 2019 and he was still the top scorer in the league last season. Just because he didn't hit the ground running this season, they have drawn a conclusion......The transfer battle with Bartomeu affected his game.

Any good striker will win Europe golden boot in barca of yesteryear... Lewandowski, suarez ,Ronaldo, salah , immobile will win it just as messi as long as they had been there for almost 2 decades... the guy is used to the league...even suarez blasted 40 league goals in barca and also win European golden boot ... any very powerful striker will hit 40 in Spain...thats the only league that has ever registered 40 goals and it was done by 3 different players, imagine salah , Lewandowski, immobile, zlatan in their peak playing for barca or Madrid...they will also b winning that European golden boot...if he was that terrific as a striker, y is it always difficult to replicate those goals in the CL?? Y is it difficult to also win top scorer in CL in recent years just like his European boots ... messi has only won top scorer outrightly in the CL once in 9 attempts...to score in the CL is most difficult than leagues
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by OJEEMAH(m): 11:41am On Feb 05, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Any good striker will win Europe golden boot in barca of yesteryear... Lewandowski, suarez ,Ronaldo, salah , immobile will win it just as messi as long as they had been there for almost 2 decades... the guy is used to the league...even suarez blasted 40 league goals in barca and also win European golden boot ... any very powerful striker will hit 40 in Spain...thats the only league that has ever registered 40 goals and it was done by 3 different players, imagine salah , Lewandowski, immobile, zlatan in their peak playing for barca or Madrid...they will also b winning that European golden boot...if he was that terrific as a striker, y is it always difficult to replicate those goals in the CL?? Y is it difficult to also win top scorer in CL in recent years just like his European boots ... messi has only won top scorer outrightly in the CL once in 9 attempts...to score in the CL is most difficult than leagues
Leave sentiment and be logical with your points....Do you even understand the things you write sometimes? how can he win UCL top scorer 6 good times and you dare say he doesn't replicate his la liga goals in UCL?

Suarez blasted 40goals but how consistent was he?

Zlatan flopped in that same Barcelona.

Ronaldo? A one time pinchichi winner in 9years?

Lewandoski? Bayern is as good as Barcelona.

Salah?? I laugh in Spanish.

See just rest with your argument cos it's always filled with sentiment.

Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by Beverlyjean(f): 12:19pm On Feb 05, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Leave sentiment and be logical with your points....Do you even understand the things you write sometimes? how can he win UCL top scorer 6 good times and you dare say he doesn't replicate his la liga goals in UCL?

Suarez blasted 40goals but how consistent was he?

Zlatan flopped in that same Barcelona.

Ronaldo? A one time pinchichi winner in 9years?

Lewandoski? Bayern is as good as Barcelona.

Salah?? I laugh in Spanish.

See just rest with your argument cos it's always filled with sentiment.

U are even shooting urself in the foot... I said once in 9yrs , which u just proved... now that takes us bk to this topic...his best years was due to the xavi iniesta busquet combo... Ibrahimovic was never a flop at barca, he was even amongst the top scorers in la liga , he had more goals than messi leading to halfway of the season b4 messi requested for a more central role and that was y Ibrahimovic was kicked to the bench and handed a transfer request...thats the mai reason he has issues with guadiola...messi saw that ibra was taking his shine ...suarez was consistent, they also tried to overshadow him at a point in barca...the same suarez that looked finished at barca is now top scorer in la liga in his first season at Atletico...
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by OJEEMAH(m): 2:20pm On Feb 05, 2021
Beverlyjean:

U are even shooting urself in the foot... I said once in 9yrs , which u just proved... now that takes us bk to this topic...his best years was due to the xavi iniesta busquet combo... Ibrahimovic was never a flop at barca, he was even amongst the top scorers in la liga , he had more goals than messi leading to halfway of the season b4 messi requested for a more central role and that was y Ibrahimovic was kicked to the bench and handed a transfer request...thats the mai reason he has issues with guadiola...messi saw that ibra was taking his shine ...suarez was consistent, they also tried to overshadow him at a point in barca...the same suarez that looked finished at barca is now top scorer in la liga in his first season at Atletico...
once in 9years?? It seems you have forgotten how to count cos from my calculation, he won it thrice......stop try to paint him black jare he never requested to play in the middle it was Guardiola that moved him there as a false 9. Messi has never denied anyone scoring opportunity and as a matter of fact, Messi is the most unselfish player you can play with. Like it or not, Zlatan was average at Barcelona. Did Suarez & Neymar ever complained about playing with him? No and that's because he's more interested in team success than personal glory. I can't remember how many times he has left penalty kick for Suarez & Neymar or even the time he had to pass a Penalty to Suarez to score. You can paint a negative picture of him to your kids cos they didn't watch him play. Tried to overshadow Suarez? It's either you don't know about these guys or chose to stay blind to the truth. I no b be Ronaldo fan but honestly I dont hate him and I appreciate his good work but you are filled with bitterness towards Messi. To you, He's never done anything good so there's no point wasting my precious time trying to make you see things differently. Kindly stay glue to your hatred. I give up.
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by Beverlyjean(f): 2:26pm On Feb 05, 2021
OJEEMAH:
once in 9years?? It seems you have forgotten how to count cos from my calculation, he won it thrice......stop try to paint him black jare he never requested to play in the middle it was Guardiola that moved him there as a false 9. Messi has never denied anyone scoring opportunity and as a matter of fact, Messi is the most unselfish player you can play with. Like it or not, Zlatan was average at Barcelona. Did Suarez & Neymar ever complained about playing with him? No and that's because he's more interested in team success than personal glory. I can't remember how many times he has left penalty kick for Suarez & Neymar or even the time he had to pass a Penalty to Suarez to score. You can paint a negative picture of him to your kids cos they didn't watch him play. Tried to overshadow Suarez? It's either you don't know about these guys or chose to stay blind to the truth. I no b be Ronaldo fan but honestly I dont hate him and I appreciate his good work but you are filled with bitterness towards Messi. To you, He's never done anything good so there's no point wasting my precious time trying to make you see things differently. Kindly stay glue to your hatred. I give up.

2013 Ronaldo
2014 Ronaldo
2015 Ronaldo messi neymar
2016 Ronaldo
2017 Ronaldo
2018 Ronaldo
2019 messi
2020 Lewandowski
2021 we know he will not win it

Now u do the maths
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by OJEEMAH(m): 2:37pm On Feb 05, 2021
Beverlyjean:

2013 Ronaldo
2014 Ronaldo
2016 Ronaldo
2017 Ronaldo
2018 Ronaldo
2019 messi
2020 Lewandowski

Now u do the maths
last 9years starts from 2012. You deliberately omitted 2012 from the list. See your life.
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by Beverlyjean(f): 2:40pm On Feb 05, 2021
OJEEMAH:
last 9years starts from 2012. You deliberately omitted 2012 from the list. See your life.

But u said he has won it 3 times outrightly and my inclusion of this season is cos it's the 9th season thats halfway through and he wudnt win it
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by OJEEMAH(m): 2:49pm On Feb 05, 2021
Beverlyjean:

But u said he has won it 3 times outrightly and my inclusion of this season is cos it's the 9th season thats halfway through and he wudnt win it
I said he won it thrice.... Stop contradicting yourself, you said he won it just once in 9years.

Why the emphasis on UCL?? Didn't Ronaldo play league matches? If you want to make comparison, kindly do a general comparison (league and UCL) so we can see their overall performance.
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by tingFanG: 7:53am On Feb 06, 2021
Beverlyjean:

2013 Ronaldo
2014 Ronaldo
2016 Ronaldo
2017 Ronaldo
2018 Ronaldo
2019 messi
2020 Lewandowski

Now u do the maths

Nawa for Ronaldo fans ooo
U dey see messi two times but u still dey claim say na one. Sentiment don kill u uno even sabi count again... Lol

1 Like

Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by Beverlyjean(f): 9:35am On Feb 06, 2021
tingFanG:

U dey see messi two times but u still dey claim say na one. Sentiment don kill u uno even sabi count again... Lol

Outrightly....
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by OJEEMAH(m): 3:53pm On Feb 06, 2021
tingFanG:

I told him Messi won it thrice in the last 9years that was why he omitted 2012.....i ask about their overall performance, he's been mute since then...... Everytime e go come with CL as if Ronaldo no dey play league.
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by sunkieisland(m): 12:19pm On Mar 02, 2021
The trio of Xavi, Iniesta and Busquet was indeed a beaut to behold in their hey days but come to think of it, these guys were country men. They played together as countrymen and as members of the Barca team. It was meant to be. the chemistry would have been noticed anyways. THinking of the other trio, Kroos, Modric and Casemiro, these ones are not even in the same continent but still managed to produce a masterclass midfield that would compete with the other trio anytime, any day.

On that basis, I would give it to the Madrid Trio, but on the basis of class and genius, don't take it away from the Barca trio

Pointe finale
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by Msport(f): 11:09pm On Mar 02, 2021
Six of them are too Good

(1) (2) (Reply)

Killing The Bookies Since 1801 / Grass To Grace Story Of Oyo State No 1 Yoruba Sport Presenter "Mr Sport" / Who Is Better? Hazard Or Sanchez

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.