Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? (3404 Views)

Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” / English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? / Mikel, Neymar, Ronaldo & Iniesta Welcome Teams To Russia (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by ShackWes(f): 12:35pm On Feb 03, 2021
please football lovers let's judge without sentiments

XAVI - BUSQUEST - INIESTA

They won the 2010 world cup, and two consecutive Euro championship with Spain and also lifted all possible trophies with Barca in 2009

MODRIC - CASEMERO - KROOS

They also won 3 consecutive champions league with Real Madrid breaking the record since the competition was renamed in 1992

kindly tell us your best trio and why you think they are

NOTE : These great players have all had an outstanding career I only highlighted their very best and prime time together

cc honeric01, semid4lyfe , lalasticlala

Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by blueAgent(m): 12:38pm On Feb 03, 2021
The trio of XAVI - BUSQUEST - INIESTA
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by ShackWes(f): 12:40pm On Feb 03, 2021
blueAgent:
The trio of XAVI - BUSQUEST - INIESTA

they were pure genius, fun to watch

that Barca team gave orgasm with their style of play

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by ShackWes(f): 12:42pm On Feb 03, 2021
lalasticlala abeg FP enough of all these bad news and death threats on FP, let people laugh and engage small
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by blueAgent(m): 12:44pm On Feb 03, 2021
ShackWes:

they were pure genius, fun to watch

that Barca team gave orgasm with their style of play
True
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by internationalman(m): 1:03pm On Feb 03, 2021
Not only were they the best mildfield trio, they were literally the best football team I've ever watched..

Yes I mean Barca..

A team that beat Madrid's Mourinho 5 goals to 0 without allowing them to touch the ball.

2009 CL final with Man Utd was like Barca Vs Bendel insurance of Benin..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by Liposure: 1:33pm On Feb 03, 2021
No contest. Xavi, busquet and iniesta. They were the best midfield trio in their time. Whenever they played, barca played. They virtually carried the entire barca team on their backs. Sometimes, i wonder what messi could have without them. Their chemistry, intricate passing and overall combination were out of this world.
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by mohims(m): 1:59pm On Feb 03, 2021
Xavi, iniesta and Buskets
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by Beverlyjean(f): 3:21pm On Feb 03, 2021
Xavi .iniesta , busquet
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by paulolee(m): 8:48pm On Feb 03, 2021
just imagine the level of disrespect to the amazing trio of Xavi, iniesta n busi....i know say na indomie pikin go talk dis kain tin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by Mandela27: 8:52pm On Feb 03, 2021
The Barca trio ni.no negotiations
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by chris259(m): 9:20pm On Feb 03, 2021
Balon'dor messi won from 2009-2013 was because of this trio xavi, iniesta and busquet.

1 Like

Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by hstar: 9:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
Following
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by paulolee(m): 7:05am On Feb 04, 2021
chris259:
Balon'dor messi won from 2009-2013 was because of this trio xavi, iniesta and busquet.
dis ur aguement is partially tru n can b argued bcoz i dnt agree wit u...u guys keep saying this n forgetting dt lionel messi was d main catalyst oiling that midfield...u keep forgetting dt some clubs would easily find a way to stop n break dt midfield trio bt just cnt because they are too busy trying to set up dier teams on how to stop messi..
my point is dt, dt amazing messi made dt trio superb n thats why they dominated in less number of games n years in spain than in barca bcoz of messi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by AAA593: 8:07am On Feb 04, 2021
paulolee:

dis ur aguement is partially tru n can b argued bcoz i dnt agree wit u...u guys keep saying this n forgetting dt lionel messi was d main catalyst oiling that midfield...u keep forgetting dt some clubs would easily find a way to stop n break dt midfield trio bt just cnt because they are too busy trying to set up dier teams on how to stop messi..
my point is dt, dt amazing messi made dt trio superb n thats why they dominated in less number of games n years in spain than in barca bcoz of messi
What are you saying?
They won 2010 world cup and back to back Euro championship with Spain

1 Like

Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by paulolee(m): 8:54am On Feb 04, 2021
AAA593:

What are you saying?
They won 2010 world cup and back to back Euro championship with Spain
yeah I know BT they flopped badly after dt...wr dumped out in the group stage im next world cup in d group stage mayb bcox other teams found out how to handle them but that same trio won barca last UCL against Juve in 2015 after we all thought they were finished..
they is more than to dt d trio in barca than in spain...without messi u can easily play against them n thier tiki taka using high pressing n fast counter attacks like chile once did but with mess its different bcoz messi is waiting to punish u if u ain't dt perfect wit dt gamen plan n dts why i said earlier dt d trio is more abt d messi factor...
and also u forgot dt messi won some of those ballon d or breaking individual records, bt i still think a Xavi or iniesta deserved dt 2010 award..

1 Like

Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by OJEEMAH(m): 9:26am On Feb 04, 2021
Modric-Kroos-Casemeiro is one of the best we've ever seen but truth is, no midfield combination can match Xavi-Iniesta-Busquet.

1 Like

Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by OJEEMAH(m): 9:29am On Feb 04, 2021
paulolee:

yeah I know BT they flopped badly after dt...wr dumped out in the group stage im next world cup in d group stage mayb bcox other teams found out how to handle them but that same trio won barca last UCL against Juve in 2015 after we all thought they were finished..
they is more than to dt d trio in barca than in spain...without messi u can easily play against them n thier tiki taka using high pressing n fast counter attacks like chile once did but with mess its different bcoz messi is waiting to punish u if u ain't dt perfect wit dt gamen plan n dts why i said earlier dt d trio is more abt d messi factor...
and also u forgot dt messi won some of those ballon d or breaking individual records, bt i still think a Xavi or iniesta deserved dt 2010 award..
I have seen them struggle against many teams without Messi.....they compliment each other.
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by paulolee(m): 10:02am On Feb 04, 2021
OJEEMAH:
I have seen them struggle against many teams without Messi.....they compliment each other.
better. ..BT saying messi wouldn't win without them sounds unfair to messi talents ....because they both have it easier with each other n difficult without each oda..
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by OJEEMAH(m): 10:20am On Feb 04, 2021
paulolee:

better. ..BT saying messi wouldn't win without them sounds unfair to messi talents ....because they both have it easier with each other n difficult without each oda..
I wasn't the person that said it.......I'm sure he's among those that feel Messi is average without Iniesta & Xavi.

Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by chris259(m): 10:32am On Feb 04, 2021
paulolee:

u and i know dat messi is nothing without xavi and iniesta and these two are the reason for messi balon'dors at least 4 of them, least i forget robbing them of 1 in 2010 as u can see presently messi can no longer bang goals as he used to because xavi and iniesta are no longer there to assist him and this is the only reason why barca have been poor in form over the years, barca did not prepare for life after busquet,xavi and iniesta who were best cm and dm of all time.

1 Like

Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by paulolee(m): 1:11pm On Feb 04, 2021
chris259:
u and i know dat messi is nothing without xavi and iniesta and these two are the reason for messi balon'dors at least 4 of them, least i forget robbing them of 1 in 2010 as u can see presently messi can no longer bang goals as he used to because xavi and iniesta are no longer there to assist him and this is the only reason why barca have been poor in form over the years, barca did not prepare for life after busquet,xavi and iniesta who were best cm and dm of all time.
I get ur point bt they is something we are mixing up here...one is messi scoring goals n the other is mess winning trophies..
messi decline is more about the age factor than who he is playing with, a younger messi would surely score goals unrespective of who he Is playing with because messi gets involved in d building and he hardly sits n waits for assit...
messi form is more abt age but I still agree he may struggle to win trophies without a good team dt involve xavi, iniesta n busquets bt he would always score those insane numbers...
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by OJEEMAH(m): 3:31pm On Feb 04, 2021
chris259:
it is wrong to say Messi is nothing without Xavi & Iniesta.....without Xavi, Iniesta and Neymar Messi still went ahead to win balon dor and other numerous awards including UEFA best player, European and UCL top scorer. Yes, he hasn't won the CL without them and that's because other members of his team have been playing far below expectation. Football is not an individual game therefore, Messi needs his teammate to be at the top of their game to achieve success. Ronaldo hasn't done much since he left and the reason is not far fetched.
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by Eryyy92: 3:43pm On Feb 04, 2021
Mikel+iwobi + Sunday mba

1 Like

Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by Beverlyjean(f): 4:06pm On Feb 04, 2021
paulolee:

So y dint he oil the argentine midfield?? Or y isn't he oiling barca now... instead, he wants to run to another club thst will oil him... since those trio retired, barca died, they stopped being influential in the CL... imagine Ronaldo with those trio... but still Ronaldo challenged with the trio he had and won it 4 times( CL and balon dor) ... Those guys won a world Cup and back to back European championships all within 5yrs...08-12 same time messi was winning balon dor back to back... that was when those trio were at their peak ... at the same period, Argentina was fumbling

1 Like

Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by Beverlyjean(f): 4:19pm On Feb 04, 2021
OJEEMAH:
it is wrong to say Messi is nothing without Xavi & Iniesta.....without Xavi, Iniesta and Neymar Messi still went ahead to win balon dor and other numerous awards including UEFA best player, European and UCL top scorer. Yes, he hasn't won the CL without them and that's because other members of his team have been playing far below expectation. Football is not an individual game therefore, Messi needs his teammate to be at the top of their game to achieve success. Ronaldo hasn't done much since he left and the reason is not far fetched.

Messi won nothing outside barca during that same period...but those trio won the world cup and 2 European Cups ... y is it that u messu fans are not just logical...is it too hard for u guys to understand?? Barca won 2 CL titles during that same period....but since they left barca hasn't appeared in a CL final ... if u talk about age ,Ronaldo won back to back to back CL at age 31-33, and was top scorer all thru with nothing less than 15 goals on each occasion...

1 Like

Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by OJEEMAH(m): 4:22pm On Feb 04, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Messi won nothing outside barca during that same period...but those trio won the world cup and 2 European Cups ... y is it that u messu fans are not just logical...is it too hard for u guys to understand?? Barca won 2 CL titles during that same period....but since they left barca hasn't appeared in a CL final ... if u talk about age ,Ronaldo won back to back to back CL at age 31-33, and was top scorer all thru with nothing less than 15 goals on each occasion...
Mr/Mrs I know it all....... How did Messi manage to win these awards in the absence of these guys? What has Ronaldo given juve? Has he performed better without Modric & Kroos? You no go understand argument, you go just jump in simply because you hate Messi.

Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by Beverlyjean(f): 4:44pm On Feb 04, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Mr/Mrs I know it all....... How did Messi manage to win these awards in the absence of these guys? What has Ronaldo given juve? Has he performed better without Modric & Kroos? You no go understand argument, you go just jump in simply because you hate Messi.

He has given them 2 league titles and dont mention they had been winning it b4 he joined cos they have been struggling for the past 2 seasons...winning by just a point last season, remove Ronaldo's goals and they wud hv surrendered their title ... we all know messis last balon dor was fake cos he dint deserve it, that title was for van dyke winning CL and leading the Dutch national team to the nations league final against Portugal... he even knocked messi and barca out in the CL but messi that couldn't score a goal in the copa with only 1 penalty to show for his appearance in the copa America with a red card was given the award, same red card that denied zidane the award in 06... van dyke achieved about the same thing modric achieved that gave modric the balon dor ...but as usual , awards are crap cos it will always b sentimental...messi only had league title to show ... messi dominated because of those trio...ronaldo still got nominated even at juve and was behind Lewandowski who won it
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by OJEEMAH(m): 5:11pm On Feb 04, 2021
Beverlyjean:

He has given them 2 league titles and dont mention they had been winning it b4 he joined cos they have been struggling for the past 2 seasons...winning by just a point last season, remove Ronaldo's goals and they wud hv surrendered their title ... we all know messis last balon dor was fake cos he dint deserve it, that title was for van dyke winning CL and leading the Dutch national team to the nations league final against Portugal... he even knocked messi and barca out in the CL but messi that couldn't score a goal in the copa with only 1 penalty to show for his appearance in the copa America with a red card was given the award, same red card that denied zidane the award in 06... van dyke achieved about the same thing modric achieved that gave modric the balon dor ...but as usual , awards are crap cos it will always b sentimental...messi only had league title to show ... messi dominated because of those trio...ronaldo still got nominated even at juve and was behind Lewandowski who won it
You still haven't answered my question. How did he manage to win these awards with a mediocre performance like you rightly said??
See, allowing sentiment to cloud your sense of judgement is not healthy. You are so full of sentiment that's why I won't even try to persuade you cos we've schooled you severally but you still chose never to see anything good in Messi.

Too many excuses for Juventus & Ronaldo but none for Barca & Messi has proven how sentimental you are.

In case you have forgotten how he won 2019 Balon dor, see below

UEFA Best Player Award

UEFA Top Scorer

La Liga Title & European Top Scorer Award

And you still think he doesn't deserve the award??

Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by Beverlyjean(f): 5:28pm On Feb 04, 2021
OJEEMAH:
You still haven't answered my question. How did he manage to win these awards with a mediocre performance like you rightly said??
See, allowing sentiment to cloud your sense of judgement is not healthy. You are so full of sentiment that's why I won't even try to persuade you cos we've schooled you severally but you still chose never to see anything good in Messi.

Too many excuses for Juventus & Ronaldo but none for Barca & Messi has proven how sentimental you are.

In case you have forgotten how he won 2019 Balon dor, see below

UEFA Best Player Award

UEFA Top Scorer

La Liga Title & European Top Scorer Award

And you still think he doesn't deserve the award??

So what of ronaldo that won the CL , was top scorer in the CL , broke the record by scoring in 11 consecutive games, scored the best goal that season against juve, scored a hat-trick against Spain to salvage a 3.3 draw ...was uefas best player ..scored 44 goals in 44 games that same season dint deserve it...but messi did grin grin grin...we know these stuffs are rigged cos these awards are decided behind closed doors ...if modric deserved it, van dyke deserved it ... if Messi deserved it, Ronaldo also deserved it ...today they give these awards based on one thing, tomorrow they change it again to favor who they want

1 Like

Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by Justice505: 6:10pm On Feb 04, 2021
Xavi, Iniesta and busquet dominate Europe and the world atlarge why casemiro,modric and kross dominate Europe.
Re: Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? by OJEEMAH(m): 6:16pm On Feb 04, 2021
Beverlyjean:

So what of ronaldo that won the CL , was top scorer in the CL , broke the record by scoring in 11 consecutive games, scored the best goal that season against juve, scored a hat-trick against Spain to salvage a 3.3 draw ...was uefas best player ..scored 44 goals in 44 games that same season dint deserve it...but messi did grin grin grin...we know these stuffs are rigged cos these awards are decided behind closed doors ...if modric deserved it, van dyke deserved it ... if Messi deserved it, Ronaldo also deserved it ...today they give these awards based on one thing, tomorrow they change it again to favor who they want
You know why you not making a point here? Cos there was never a time i said Ronaldo does not deserve the award. You dragged him into an argument that doesn't concern him just to prove a lame point that he is superior.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bet9ja Daily Free Sure 2odds / Lagerback Wants To Work With 'legend' Kanu / Nigerians Are Happier Without Super Eagles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.