Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,583 members, 7,827,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Baby Skin Lightening - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Baby Skin Lightening (36278 Views)

Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Skin Lightening by lucretina: 7:30pm On Apr 05, 2011
I overheard two friends talking about their babies, and one actually said that she used a lightening soap to bathe her baby and the baby became very fair and beautiful. I couldnt help but wonder if beauty comes with colour. so i ask, why on earth would one want to lighten a baby's delicate skin despite the hazards that come with such? sad

1 Like

Re: Baby Skin Lightening by Thirst4Lif: 8:13pm On Apr 05, 2011
This is a very foolish thing to do to a child. And what if the child

has allergies that have not yet surfaced due to the baby's young age.

It's sad some people cannot see the beauty in a darker complexion.

Why do some people only associate beauty to a lighter skin tone.

I'm afraid to think what the Mother would have done had the skin

lightening process been ineffective.
Re: Baby Skin Lightening by ekakids(f): 9:03pm On Apr 05, 2011
my sister so this thing is actually true shocked. some one told me this same thing when i was commenting on how the igbos have such fair and loovely skin. but then i could not believe it, cos i could not just take the fact that a mother would really get a cream to lighten a childs skin. wonders of niger
Re: Baby Skin Lightening by Blazay(m): 10:01pm On Apr 05, 2011
Oh well.
Inferiority complex comes in different forms.
I love my men dark sha. . . kiss
I can't do 'yellow' boyz. Don't like banana-looking dee-kies. angry
Re: Baby Skin Lightening by Nobody: 12:32am On Apr 06, 2011
That is quite sad.
Re: Baby Skin Lightening by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 06, 2011
Bleaching a baby's tender skin is criminal. Bleaching would damage an adult's tough, crocodile-hide (Ajekpako) skin. Think what it would do to a baby's.
Re: Baby Skin Lightening by babyme1(f): 10:19am On Apr 06, 2011
Seriously? shocked shocked
Re: Baby Skin Lightening by Nekai(f): 11:48am On Apr 06, 2011
Babies tend to break out in a rash with anything but the mildest of soaps. I can't imagine using lightening soap on a tender baby's skin.
Re: Baby Skin Lightening by obowunmi(m): 12:10pm On Apr 06, 2011
Kaaaaiiii, this one is another level.
Re: Baby Skin Lightening by Nekai(f): 2:40pm On Apr 06, 2011
Re: Baby Skin Lightening by prixxy(f): 2:55pm On Apr 06, 2011
Nekai:

Wonders never cease!!! shocked shocked shocked

http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do?id=54396

shocked shocked shocked shocked

wonders will never end
Re: Baby Skin Lightening by joy2dworld: 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2011
@poster, i belive this cos i have a friend who did it . she didnt say it but i know she used the native ( ose dudu) mixture and the baby became very "yellow" infact white i guess she just wants to brag that she has a yellow baby grin

1 Like

Re: Baby Skin Lightening by ada24: 12:09pm On Apr 08, 2011
this is just child abuse - if the person wanted a light skinned baby she should have had a baby with a white man - absolute nonsense
Re: Baby Skin Lightening by klear(f): 4:37pm On Apr 08, 2011
Nekai:

http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do?id=54396

shocked shocked shocked shocked
It does happen. I know of a woman who was actually using skin lightening soap on her baby girl. We all tot d baby was naturally fair & we wld wonder how dat can b cos d woman & her hubby are dark skinned. D bubble burst a year later wen d baby gradually became darker, so dark it bcame suspicious & pple couldn't help bt ask ques!( cos d mom couldn't afford d soap again)
Re: Baby Skin Lightening by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 08, 2011
Child abuse angry the baby has no say about how her skin should be destroyed b4 she even has a chance to see its real beauty. I will never understand people's fascination with fair skin
Re: Baby Skin Lightening by iice(f): 4:35am On Apr 11, 2011
Human beings and their yeye priorities.
Re: Baby Skin Lightening by dominique(f): 11:22pm On Apr 11, 2011
some people should never have kids angry
Re: Baby Skin Lightening by Ndipe(m): 6:29am On Apr 12, 2011
Re: Baby Skin Lightening by ADUKKY(f): 7:16pm On Dec 14, 2017
It's unfortunate that bleaching is now being extended to babies. I saw an advert of organic lightening soap and cream for babies, and I wonder how people do stuffs like this. Anything beyond coconut oil, shea butter or Vaseline for children is a no for me.
Their skin is tender, hence does not require all this chemicals.

(1) (Reply)

Please Have You Seen This Mum & Daughter? / Burial Poster Of The Woman That Died With Her Baby In The Onitsha Fire Incident / Wife Sends Husband To Prison For Marrying A Second Wife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.