Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam (1279 Views)

Barber Arrested For Giving Customers Haircuts That Insult Islam (Photo) / Native Doctor Arrested In Kano For Trying To Use The Eyes Of A Baby For Rituals / Barber Arrested For Defiling A 6-Year-Old Girl In Ogun (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam by Ctorch: 3:03pm On Feb 03, 2021
Kano State Hisbah Corps has arrested a barber from Benue State, Elijah Ode, for allegedly giving his customers haircuts which offend the Islamic faith in the Sabongari area of the state.

It was learnt that the religious police force reportedly arraigned Ode on Tuesday and also had him remanded.

According to a Benue State activist, Smith Akoko, who first brought the matter to the attention of Nigerians, the barber, who is also a student, was arrested last Wednesday, after two of his customers were caught with hairstyles deemed blasphemous to the Islamic religion.

His cousin, Sunday Ukenya, who confirmed the incident to Akoko, said the Hisbah corps arraigned Elijah in court on Tuesday, February 2, and thereafter remanded him in prison.

It is not clear yet when his trial would resume.

Elijah Ode, a resident of Kano from Adum East, Obi Local Government Area of Benue State, who combines his barbing vocation with his studies, was accused by the Islamic police of committing blasphemy in the cause of his work as a barber.

According to eyewitnesses, Elijah, who is well patronised by young people for possessing exceptional skills in giving trendy haircuts, attracted the wrath of the extremists last Wednesday when two of his customers were tortured to stupour for having haircuts claimed to be blasphemous to the Islam.

Thereupon, Elijah was traced to his barbershop, where he was arrested for complicity, and put in police detention with the two customers last week.

According to information obtained from a family member, Ode did not design the hairstyles with the intention to provoke.

The source said, “He is only being innovative and to improve on his work, which he used to eke out a living for himself and pay his fees at his tertiary institution of study in Kano, where he sponsors himself.
“The case is already in the court of law at the wish of the aggrieved Muslims with the first session heard yesterday. But all efforts by the young barber's lawyer to bail him proved abortive because of the claim that it is a major case and therefore not bailable.

“At the moment, the family has run out of hope, soliciting intercessory prayers as the reality of incarceration stares Elijah in the face.”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/02/03/barber-arrested-kano-giving-customers-haircuts-offend-islam?fbclid=IwAR1zxYsPiQvVwUOyYW0rDiLYKPAmnK5-L66v5HARIMKvhPXkUzHeUUYF7ws

Re: Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 03, 2021
Elijah Ode, a resident of Kano from Adum East, Obi Local Government Area of Benue State, who combines his barbing vocation with his studies, was accused by the Islamic police of committing blasphemy in the cause of his work as a barber

Na their fellow northerners, so what's my business..

Thinking

So barbing skin and leaving beards like he-goat is the nice hair style for Islam.

No wonder terrorism abounds over there..

1 Like

Re: Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam by Nwodosis(m): 3:05pm On Feb 03, 2021
Islam is a religion of compulsion and not by choice.
Re: Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 03, 2021
How can sharia law affect none Muslims ...when will christian sans approach supreme court ?

1 Like

Re: Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam by EnvelopeUs(f): 3:07pm On Feb 03, 2021
shocked

You don't mean it.
Re: Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam by tritt(m): 3:08pm On Feb 03, 2021
Are we retrogressing as a country or what....which kind brain this people dey use reason sef

2 Likes

Re: Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam by CodeTemplar: 3:11pm On Feb 03, 2021
Who is Islam? How can abstract entity be offended.

1 Like

Re: Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam by psucc(m): 3:11pm On Feb 03, 2021
Remove Islam and you have solve the world's 80% problem.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam by Scatterscatter(m): 3:15pm On Feb 03, 2021
At this point, it's safe to say Northern Nigeria is Nigeria's problem.

A land filled with hypocrites and fools also governed by morons.

Can we just scatter this country already! undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam by Scatterscatter(m): 3:16pm On Feb 03, 2021
Islam should be declared a pandemic

1 Like

Re: Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam by Ahamefuna0001(m): 3:20pm On Feb 03, 2021
Comedy show everywhere in this country.

They'll soon arrest food vendors for cooking food that offend Islam
Re: Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam by johnmartus(m): 3:30pm On Feb 03, 2021
undecided
Re: Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam by Rikov(m): 3:36pm On Feb 03, 2021
Kikikikiki... these guys are just backward living entities walahi�
So that bugs infested biabia u guys carry is the best ehn!!!!
Lord Luggard + Flora Shaw...koni dafun oku yin
Re: Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam by flourish01(m): 3:37pm On Feb 03, 2021
shocked
Re: Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam by StaffofOrayan(m): 3:55pm On Feb 03, 2021
Slave nation
Re: Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam by helinues: 3:58pm On Feb 03, 2021
Some Northerners still living in 18 BM
Re: Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam by Charmingrascal(m): 5:28pm On Feb 03, 2021
HISBAH is attacking people who rent shop and doing their businesses peacefully and no eye brow is raised about their shitty attitude, but when we tell Fulani who use their cow business to disturb our farmers to stop damaging people's farm, Buhari and his Northern terrorists will be wailing.

Nigeria is a forced marriage, we have nothing in common let everybody go their separate ways.
Emeka or Adeola who owns a bar in the North can not transact his business without any harassment from those hypocritical Islamic Police but you want us to keep quiet when herdsmen destroy our farms, herdsmen that are not paying rent.

Let me tell whoever cares to listen if Sunday Igboho and ESN are crushed many will rise in their stead and that time it will be more radicalized than we have now.

Buhari will leave and Fulani will pay for everything they have done even if Nigeria eventually divides.

Hair cut insults Islam, dear Muslims on this forum is that how Islam place so much importance on less important things?
I don't want to believe that Islam is an unreasonable religion but the way this terrorists and hypocrites are painting Islam I don't know what to say.
Even in Saudi Arabia men make stylish hair but Aboki that copy their religion think he knows more than them.

I
Re: Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 03, 2021
Charmingrascal:
HISBAH is attacking people who rent shop and doing their businesses peacefully and no eye brow is raised about their shitty attitude, but when we tell Fulani who use their cow business to disturb our farmers to stop damaging people's farm, Buhari and his Northern terrorists will be wailing.

Nigeria is a forced marriage, we have nothing in common let everybody go their separate ways.
Emeka or Adeola who owns a bar in the North can not transact his business without any harassment from those hypocritical Islamic Police but you want us to keep quiet when herdsmen destroy our farms, herdsmen that are not paying rent.

Let me tell whoever cares to listen if Sunday Igboho and ESN are crushed many will rise in their stead and that time it will be more radicalized than we have now.

Buhari will leave and Fulani will pay for everything they have done even if Nigeria eventually divides.

Hair cut insults Islam, dear Muslims on this forum is that how Islam place so much importance on less important things?
I don't want to believe that Islam is an unreasonable religion but the way this terrorists and hypocrites are painting Islam I don't know what to say.
Even in Saudi Arabia men make stylish hair but Aboki that copy their religion think he knows more than them.

I

Islam is beyond an unreasonable religion just say it
Re: Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam by olusegun60036: 6:47pm On Feb 03, 2021
How can sharia law affect none Muslims ...when will christian sans approach supreme court ?
Re: Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam by LexngtonSteele: 7:22pm On Feb 03, 2021
shocked

I know this guy... excellent barber.

Dan boroba! angry
Re: Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam by KingTayo37(m): 10:28pm On Feb 03, 2021
Why are this bastard shamming me like this,well if you are here and your think islam is a terrorist religion,i can't really blame you,if you google the word "islam" and go to the images wat you see is not encouraging at all,bastareds like this are the reason everyone sees us badly,with their false preaching and the illitrates know noting than to belive it(wat do they know),I read both the bible and quran(my islamic teacher does it too, and he says it helps understand it well,but people like this will say its a sin or haram,f#%k them!!)and i respect other ppl religons,the media is.nt helping either,not all who call themselves muslim are real muslim(even if they pray all their life), ill never call these ones muslim cause one will never arrest,torture and even inprison someone like this when his not even a muslim(is it by force)it just hurts me to hear this kind of thing,so please don't judge all caus of these fools,cause i see some ppl have already stared hate talking,#Don'tJudge
Re: Barber Arrested In Kano For Giving Customers Haircuts That 'offend' Islam by Zeezhay: 7:57am On May 08, 2021
psucc:
Remove Islam and you have solve the world's 80% problem.

Lol �

(1) (Reply)

Man Who Returned To Nigeria, Robbed And Shot Dead By The Security Man He Hired / Man Arrested For Defiling His 14-year Old Daughter (photo) / Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.