Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,052 members, 7,863,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:46 AM

Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... (1293 Views)

We Drugged Her Yoghurt, Stabbed Her To Death And Sold Her Baby — Murder Suspects / Breaking News: Couple Mauled To Death And Eaten By A Bear / "Mummy Don’t Kill Me’ - Girl Begged Before Mum Strangled Her To Death And Tucked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... by Af0nja: 9:24am On Oct 17, 2023
Sleep is the closest thing to death, dreams are the closest thing to the afterlife.

See my signature for how to manifest your Dreamworld and improve dream memory retentiveness.
Re: Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... by Af0nja: 6:42am On Oct 18, 2023
Sleep is close to death, dreams are close to the afterlife
Re: Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... by Af0nja: 7:56am On Oct 18, 2023
smiley
Re: Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... by Af0nja: 4:39am On Oct 20, 2023
Hello
Re: Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... by Af0nja: 1:00pm On Dec 25, 2023
The prophecy
Re: Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... by holluwizzy: 1:26pm On Dec 25, 2023
Fact, I think over here they call it cousin to Death.

2 Likes

Re: Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... by Af0nja: 7:14pm On Dec 25, 2023
True
Re: Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... by Offkey: 9:59pm On Dec 25, 2023
Sleep is not,coma is.with coma you have no dream

1 Like

Re: Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... by Af0nja: 10:07pm On Dec 25, 2023
Offkey:
Sleep is not,coma is.with coma you have no dream

Coma is a form of sleep, yes coma has dreams

1 Like

Re: Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... by 100smile(m): 10:09pm On Dec 25, 2023
Af0nja:

Coma is a form of sleep, yes coma has dreams
Coma has dreams, are you for real?
Re: Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... by Af0nja: 5:11am On Dec 26, 2023
100smile:

Coma has dreams, are you for real?

Do your research. Science claims because they studied brain patterns of coma patients and it wasn't similar to sleep pattern, it wasn't supposed to have dreams. (Based on their understanding of dreams)

But do you know the practical reality?? All coma patients attest to have been in a form of dream during the time of their coma.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... by PoliteActivist: 6:57am On Dec 26, 2023
Af0nja:

Do your research. Science claims because they studied brain patterns of coma patients and it wasn't similar to sleep pattern, it wasn't supposed to have dreams. (Based on their understanding of dreams)

But do you know the practical reality?? All coma patients attest to have been in a form of dream during the time of their coma.

Under anesthesia you have no dreams - nothing. I think that's closest to death

1 Like

Re: Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... by Af0nja: 7:16am On Dec 26, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Under anesthesia you have no dreams - nothing. I think that's closest to death

Accounts from patients says otherwise. This is the difference between theoretical stand and real/practical evidence.
Re: Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... by PoliteActivist: 7:33am On Dec 26, 2023
Af0nja:

Accounts from patients says otherwise. This is the difference between theoretical stand and real/practical evidence.

This is first hand experience. I've been under anesthesia several times. It's like no time has passed at all. Seems like you feeling sleepy, next second you are waking - except a day might have passed within that second

1 Like

Re: Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... by Af0nja: 10:22am On Dec 26, 2023
PoliteActivist:

This is first hand experience. I've been under anesthesia several times. It's like no time has passed at all. Seems like you feeling sleepy, next second you are waking - except a day might have passed within that second

Noted
Re: Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... by PoliteActivist: 10:26am On Dec 26, 2023
Af0nja:

Noted

Common sense would seem to suggest that whatever it was like before you were born will be what it'll be like after you die
Re: Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... by Af0nja: 11:00am On Dec 26, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Common sense would seem to suggest that whatever it was like before you were born will be what it'll be like after you die

Because we have lived, we now have a memory even if we are returning to nothingness
Re: Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... by PoliteActivist: 11:16am On Dec 26, 2023
Af0nja:

Because we have lived, we now have a memory even if we are returning to nothingness

What exactly is the "we" that have the memory?
And how do you know you came from "nothingness"?
Re: Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... by Af0nja: 1:07pm On Dec 26, 2023
PoliteActivist:

What exactly is the "we" that have the memory?
And how do you know you came from "nothingness"?

Before you were born, you were nothing more than a potential energy hanging amongst a zillion other potentials within the balls of your dad and the eggs of your mom.
Re: Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... by PoliteActivist: 4:26pm On Dec 26, 2023
Af0nja:

Before you were born, you were nothing more than a potential energy hanging amongst a zillion other potentials within the balls of your dad and the eggs of your mom.
*Politeness*
But when you die that sperm and egg and whatever they grew into are completely destroyed, including any storage of memory. Thus, anything that can remain is something that was there before you were conceived. Some belief systems maintain you've reincarnated countless times
Re: Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... by Af0nja: 11:00am On Dec 28, 2023
The law of thermodynamics states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed but can be changed from one form to another.
Re: Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... by BabaHenry(m): 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2023
PoliteActivist:

That was your own experience man
My own was never like that bro
Even though I was under anaesthesia, I saw things and for me to open my eyes and see myself in bondage says alot...
J struggled between life and death and for real, I thought I was in the afterlife..

NOTE: when I ask questions on why was I on chains, the Response was that my body was never calm during the surgery, though I was asleep,my eyes closed... I was struggling in the spirit and it actually got to my physical form...
Bro, I saw things cry cry
Re: Sleep Is The Closest Thing To Death And Therefore... by PoliteActivist: 8:43pm On Dec 28, 2023
BabaHenry:

That was your own experience man
My own was never like that bro
Even though I was under anaesthesia, I saw things and for me to open my eyes and see myself in bondage says alot...
J struggled between life and death and for real, I thought I was in the afterlife..

NOTE: when I ask questions on why was I on chains, the Response was that my body was never calm during the surgery, though I was asleep,my eyes closed... I was struggling in the spirit and it actually got to my physical form...
Bro, I saw things cry cry
*Politeness*
That's why anesthesiologists get paid so much. It's an exact science. Too little and the patient won't be fully under. Too much and the patient will never wake up.
Done just right, the patient won't know any time had passed

(1) (Reply)

Some Of The Most Notorious Fake Drug Dealers In History Of Nigeria / Help! My Husband Is A "pusher", What Can I Do? / In My Village If You Are Not Rich By 25, You Are A Nobody - Robbery Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.