Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor (30545 Views)

Fact-Check: Did The Nigerian Govt Approve AK47 For Katsina Security Outfit? / FG Approved AK47 For Katsina Outfit, Ondo Will Buy For Amotekun - Akeredolu / Hauwa Suntai Danba & Ahmed Jarman: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Ex-Taraba Governor Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Cromagnon: 8:58pm On Feb 07, 2021
Angelfrost:
Dear governor, don't be unfortunate please.

The only reason for the worsening state of insecurity is because your Buhari has no leadership bone in his body!

Nigeria's consistent failing in nearly every sector shows nothing but a clear leadership vacuum at the top.
and you want to continue to rely on said failed leadership?
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Cromagnon: 9:00pm On Feb 07, 2021
limeta:

Taraba State Governor, Darius Ishaku has asked the Federal government to allow Nigerians carry licenced guns to defend themselves amid the myriads of security challenges facing the country.

Thanks to my ibo brothers
Am loaded ,fulanis dont have license to carry Ak47 why should i.
make police hear, dem go too chop you
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Cromagnon: 9:00pm On Feb 07, 2021
chinedumoooo:
This man sounds like nutless being.
How can you advise government to do such in this country, where people are enemies to personal progress and achievements.
you sound like. The nutless one
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Cromagnon: 9:01pm On Feb 07, 2021
HORLADSTAR:

There are law made to apprehend the bad guys just that law does carry enough weight in this side of the world. So therefore, I am not a coward.
so you want to pit your life and loved ones life on weightless laws?
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Cromagnon: 9:02pm On Feb 07, 2021
BigDawsNet:

With $700 you good to go
how many do you see carrying iPhones
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by ludd2018: 9:02pm On Feb 07, 2021
Righteousness2:
Lets be careful oo
There are advantages and Disadvantages to these things.
Given the way the Country is, it's something that should be looked at cautiously.
Personally, I don't think it's a good one.
We have lots of crazy things happening without having guns in our hands

But we had guns before Buhari asked us to submit . When we had the gun , did the hell fall ? We need guns so that the bandit we ll reduce . May be you are one of them or a fulani
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by coputa(m): 9:04pm On Feb 07, 2021
Cromagnon:
can they handle cutlass and cars?
yes
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by samdunzo: 9:12pm On Feb 07, 2021
Cromagnon:
will you decentralized to ward level too when accusations of tribalism start at state and local level?

Hold the various leaders accountable for any mishaps then
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Cromagnon: 9:13pm On Feb 07, 2021
zealousayo:

An average Nigerian will head to his or her perceived enemy's house to kill the person. [/q

There are many deranged people out there.

So,.

Many people will be living in perpetual fear.

Is that not what is going on now
Guns will reduce that

Even in developed countries, they still face the issue of mass shootings.
Yet all developing nation pgtgwdmp want to get visa to Mass shooting countries.

No one knows who is a psychiatric patient.
so let us make the 99% non psych patients vulnerable to the 1% crazy ones ba

Brilliant logic
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Cromagnon: 9:16pm On Feb 07, 2021
Abiodun86:
U Bleep my wife, I shoot u

U fail me during exams, I shoot u

He shoot you first in self defense or you arrested for murder where you get raped everyday

U cheat on me as a wife, I shoot u

She shoot you first in self defense
Or arrested and raped

U hit my car, I shoot u

Self defense or jail rape

U failed to marry me, I shoot u

Self defense and jail rape

If I play bet9ja and I loss, I shoot the cashier

Self defense and jail rape

If a conductor increases the transport fair, I shoot him.

See above

If politicians refuse to do our will, we shoot them..... Who will now remain in Nigerian?
I concur with this one but still, self defense and jail rape
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Cromagnon: 9:17pm On Feb 07, 2021
King44:
Gbam but before that there should be provision to ensure that those weapons are not stolen to commit atrocities it is a welcome idea... It should be owned by people who has farm properties to protect in Nigeria and in the north I think Southern Kaduna, and other places where Fulani's and boko are terrorising need it more
So as long as your phone or car is stolen you should not own one ?
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Cromagnon: 9:18pm On Feb 07, 2021
King44:
Gbam but before that there should be provision to ensure that those weapons are not stolen to commit atrocities it is a welcome idea... It should be owned by people who has farm properties to protect in Nigeria and in the north I think Southern Kaduna, and other places where Fulani's and boko are terrorising need it more
so if they leave farm and come to your house or waylay you on express what will you do then. Think before you talk
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by BlestHanneSSG: 9:20pm On Feb 07, 2021
Cromagnon:
but you want to relocate to country's that are have shoot you are shoot me laws? I see your logic

Pls shift Mr FBI. I've got a right to air my opinion. If you decide not to be smart enough to realize that I meant everyone owning gun just to defend themselves will lead to crisis then you've got no business in my mention as I didn't @ my post to you in the first place.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Cromagnon: 9:24pm On Feb 07, 2021
Zaggafrank:
This man is insane. The havoc that is being wrecked by the ones politicians give their thugs, is not enough ba?
havoc only because they have monopoly of violence
Arm ppl and see how they will humble themselves
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Cromagnon: 9:25pm On Feb 07, 2021
twilightsparkle:
E go beta,,, anybody wey try nonsense with me ,, I go give am nonsense,,,,, no shaking smiley
dem Padi go give you nonsense back abi you think say you get monopoly of nonsense? You think you have monopoly of nonsense and him on get family members
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Cromagnon: 9:26pm On Feb 07, 2021
AustinGustin:
And we call these set of people educated. Some of these people are not qualified for offices like these, how can you encourage FG to allow unqualified people to carry guns, where is the sense this idea
who are you to qualify them. Are you a majority vote?
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Cromagnon: 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2021
Tapout:
yeah the street is mafia...won't be getting an AK tho, I'll mostly get a handgun with ruler clips when this takes effect.

On a more serious note, I think it's high time we give state policing a chance.
then herdsmen shoot from 300 metres while you're restricted to 25 metres accuracy
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Cromagnon: 9:39pm On Feb 07, 2021
tnerro1:
A former Army General that can not even manage security, so what are you good for?
does being a general stop you from being shot by the other team?
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Cromagnon: 9:40pm On Feb 07, 2021
christistruth01:

Everybody still talks about the War Ife and Modakeke fought more than 20 years ago when guns were completely banned.

What would have happened if guns were free for all?

Although the suggestion may help Buhari appreciate how desperate things have become

Fully Armed State Police is better
how is federal armed police working for you?

War is war
With gun or not
Ojoro cancelled
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Cromagnon: 9:43pm On Feb 07, 2021
BlestHanneSSG:

Pls shift Mr FBI. I've got a right to air my opinion.

But I don'
When every one is armed you will not be using language like that because you know there will be repercussions immediately

If you decide not to be smart enough to realize that I meant everyone owning gun just to defend themselves will lead to crisis then you've got no business in my mention as I didn't @ my post to you in the first place.
you not even in power and already behaving like a tyrant

This is why we need guns
So people like wet will be forced to be polite members of society

This is really why you don't want guns
So you can run your mouth rough wit no fear of consequences
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Cromagnon: 9:44pm On Feb 07, 2021
samdunzo:

why not hold the president and igp and commissioners and governor now ?
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Cromagnon: 9:44pm On Feb 07, 2021
samdunzo:

we all the same people
What will be differen
A piece of paper?
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Cromagnon: 9:45pm On Feb 07, 2021
coputa:
yes
then they can handle guns
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Makschinchin: 10:05pm On Feb 07, 2021
Riele:
Lmao
So that I'll go to school with fear in my heart cuz it's a sure thing that a sequel of Florida school shooting will happen in Nigeria.

Just imagine! Take for example, Amaka leaves Chinedu for Tunde who is a Yahoo boy and next thing you know, Chinedu appears in school, shooting me with 24 others cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by samdunzo: 10:10pm On Feb 07, 2021
Cromagnon:
why not hold the president and igp and commissioners and governor now ?

Governors don't have any power over police in their state, which is why i mentioned decentralization in the first place
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by King44(m): 1:42am On Feb 08, 2021
Cromagnon:
so if they leave farm and come to your house or waylay you on express what will you do then. Think before you talk
simple na jungle we dey, take your gun everywhere you go, the same way Fulani herders are allowed to carry ak47 around.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by King44(m): 1:44am On Feb 08, 2021
Cromagnon:

So as long as your phone or car is stolen you should not own one ?
those are matters that has nothing to do with life and death.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by coputa(m): 7:29am On Feb 08, 2021
Cromagnon:
then they can handle guns
You cannot handle guns,you will use it to kill your perceived enemies.you are not yet matured for that, same way your leaders don't know how to handle power
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by tnerro1(m): 8:30am On Feb 08, 2021
Cromagnon:
does being a general stop you from being shot by the other team?

When he said he was going to lead from the front, you should have said this to him so he could withdraw that statement he made.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by evans4luv: 5:05pm On Feb 08, 2021
Cromagnon:
and you think enemy go de look no return fire? You go just de kill enemy like Boko de kill ppl now? Think before you talk
na every time u go remember to carry ur ak47 comot for house? Oga na that time u go know say u get plenty enemies wey dey wait for go ahead to get that gun
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Cromagnon: 6:28pm On Feb 08, 2021
evans4luv:
na every time u go remember to carry ur ak47 comot for house? Oga na that time u go know say u get plenty enemies wey dey wait for go ahead to get that gun
why you sef de make enemy upandan and most important who wan go jail for minor quarrel with you. If they wanted you dead ordinary 2 by 4 or hammer is enough .you not that important
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Cromagnon: 6:42pm On Feb 08, 2021
King44:
those are matters that has nothing to do with life and death.
really?
You can't kill with a car?
Why is non attached to phone now?
A tool is a tool
Depends on how you use it

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Buhari Is Yet To Appoint Ministers – Presidency / Buhari Wants Ex-government Officials To Return Cars, Houses, Generators / Akpabio’s Vehicle Collided With Ours – US Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.