Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho (1067 Views)

FFK To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho. He Is Sorry For Saying You Are Fulani Slave / Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra / Femi Fani-Kayode To Emir Sanusi: You Are Reaping What You Sowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by EcoBrick: 7:38pm On Feb 03, 2021
https://thenationonlineng.net/fani-kayode-to-ooni-forgive-sunday-igboho/

February 3, 2021

By Samuel Oamen

Former Minister of Aviation Femi Fani-Kayode has begged Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, to forgive popular Yoruba rights activist, Sunday Adeyemo aka Sunday Igboho.

Igboho had claimed the Ooni disappointed the Yoruba people when he visited President Muhammadu Buhari over the herdsmen crisis rocking the South-West region.

The activist, who issued a seven-day quit notice to herdsmen in the Ibarapa area of Oyo State and enforced same, said Oba Ogunwusi failed to convey the pains of the Yoruba people to Buhari during the visit.

But in a series of tweets on Wednesday, Fani-Kayode said: “I just spoke with Sunday Igboho and he confirmed to me that what he said about our revered Ooni of Ife was said in the heat of the moment.

“He expressed his regrets and I was relieved to hear that. To err is human and to forgive is divine. I appeal to Kabiyesi to forgive him.

“For the record, let me state clearly and categorically that no Ooni of Ife, whether living or dead, has ever been a slave of the Fulani and neither will they ever be.”

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by registerin: 8:08pm On Feb 03, 2021
Ok
Re: Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 03, 2021
I marvel at how a bunch of zuccones keep terrorising innocent people and they haven't been crushed
Re: Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by Charmingrascal(m): 8:10pm On Feb 03, 2021
Ooni didn't do well but Igboho should not disrespect any revered Monarch.
It is not acceptable, however whoever can talk to Ooni should tell him that he should reduce going to Aso Villa to see same man who sponsor Fulani killers to kill his people, he shouldn't be seen frolicking with same man who never for once condemn his kinsmen that are killing Ooni's people.
He should man up and stop this diplomacy sh*t that Yorubas are known for.
Yes we are Yoruba, we are liberal, accommodating and diplomatic when dealing with issues but Ooni should know that this is about the lives and well being of the Yorubas and diplomacy can't solve this. Blood for blood till we send all those Fulani Janjawe*d out of our land and territory.

Tinubu is already a sell out
Osinbanjo is sissy
Makinde is a coward
Fayemi is over ambitious

We need more Sunday Igboho
Yoruba youths stand up defend yourself, defend your land.

3 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by Jones4190(m): 8:16pm On Feb 03, 2021
sunday is playing pdp script

2 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by Sankabson(m): 8:36pm On Feb 03, 2021
Igboho is creating more enemies for himself among the Yorubas. Not just the Yorubas, The powerful Yorubas.

Mo’ja mo’sa la n mo akinkanju. He should calm down and relax.

No matter now Powerful he is, he somehow needs these people at his corner.

5 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by chumada: 8:38pm On Feb 03, 2021
forgive him for saying the truth, ffk is a foolish man
Re: Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by Unik3030: 8:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
see the ffk some people were hailing,he's just a double edge sword
Re: Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by Iamgrey5(m): 8:42pm On Feb 03, 2021
Well Igboho shouldn't have insulted Oni like that.

I believe Oni to need to speak out more on what's going on the South west.

God bless Yoruba land.
Re: Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by SouthNigerian: 8:44pm On Feb 03, 2021
At this point in time, Sunday Igboho is more an important figure than the Ooni himself.

The Ooni failed the trust of Yoruba.

He the OinO should apologize to Sunday, not the other way round.
Re: Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 03, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by Gandollaar(f): 8:54pm On Feb 03, 2021
Charmingrascal:
Ooni didn't do well but Igboho should not disrespect any revered Monarch.
It is not acceptable, however whoever can talk to Ooni should tell him that he should reduce going to Aso Villa to see same man who sponsor Fulani killers to kill his people, he shouldn't be seen frolicking with same man who never for once condemn his kinsmen that are killing Ooni's people.
He should man up and stop this diplomacy sh*t that Yorubas are known for.
Yes we are Yoruba, we are liberal, accommodating and diplomatic when dealing with issues but Ooni should know that this is about the lives and well being of the Yorubas and diplomacy can't solve this. Blood for blood till we send all those Fulani Janjawe*d out of our land and territory.

Tinubu is already a sell out
Osinbanjo is sissy
Makinde is a coward
Fayemi is over ambitious

We need more Sunday Igboho
Yoruba youths stand up defend yourself, defend your land.

Awww...how charming.

Re: Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by Gandollaar(f): 8:56pm On Feb 03, 2021
Jones4190:
sunday is playing pdp script
Wow grin
Re: Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by Gbagura: 9:04pm On Feb 03, 2021
Flackoo:
So many griots sat us down to tell us about tales of great men of Yoruba cultural history while we were young!!!

Balogun Ogunmola
Efusetan Aniwura
Bashorun Gaa
Fabunmi Okemesi
Balogun Ogedengbe
Kurumi
Add Yours based on your tribe!!!
Trust me one day Igboho will go up there on that list as one of the greatest Yoruba hero of all time.
Lisabi ńkọ́?
Re: Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by superior1: 9:06pm On Feb 03, 2021
Ooni atleast don get the gist. You betray us, we come for you las las, king or not.

The politics of Ooni Sijuwade at the time of June 12 should never come up again
Re: Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by helinues: 9:07pm On Feb 03, 2021
Toh
Re: Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by greatiyk4u(m): 9:11pm On Feb 03, 2021
Lolz

Beg Oni for what exactly?

Igboho shaaa dey over do and it is becoming clear there people behind the scene sponsoring him.

All these true and alleged killings reported daily is not unconnected with 2023 vision

This is the low level of politics we have descended into as a nation.

This kind of politics played out in Benue before their election, killing every day done by alleged Fulanis, after the election, peace returned and since then it has remained almost constant.

I weep for my country shaaaa
Re: Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by seunmsg(m): 9:24pm On Feb 03, 2021
Sunday Igboho’s unguarded utterances yesterday leaves much to be desired. Yoruba people don’t talk carelessly like he’s now doing. We are more of a tactical people than careless talkers. It was bad enough that he insulted Tinubu and Makinde in such a manner, abusing and threatening to kill the Ooni of Ife was an abomination. He crossed the line completely.

He started very well but sadly, he’s losing focus. The aim of the movement is to rid the south west off criminal herdsmen and not to play politics or settle Modakeke vs Ife score. He better retrace his steps from this path of damnation.
Re: Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by TimeManager(m): 9:34pm On Feb 03, 2021
Why didn't he tongue lash the Alaafin?.. Ooni goofed big time. Igboho put his life at risk, went to dislodge the killers in ibarapa. All the while, he had the support of the Ooni. After his return from ibarapa, he made a video thanking the Ooni among others for their support. Ooni went to Abuja, upon his return, he changed mouth. Ooni deserves the stick.
I stan Sunday igboho.

kiss the truth!

1 Like

Re: Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by seunmsg(m): 9:37pm On Feb 03, 2021
TimeManager:
Why didn't he tongue lash the Alaafin?.. Ooni goofed big time. I stan Sunday igboho.

kiss the truth!

The same Alaafin that made Salihu the Seriki Fulani of Oyo state? You guys don’t know what you’re talking about at all.
Re: Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by Nightalan: 9:38pm On Feb 03, 2021
Some of the nasty things Igboho was saying especially to the Ooni was just obnoxious.
Omo Yoruba ni gbogbo wa na.

1 Like

Re: Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by TimeManager(m): 9:48pm On Feb 03, 2021
seunmsg:

The same Alaafin that made Salihu the Seriki Fulani of Oyo state? You guys don’t know what you’re talking about at all.
I modified my post, read in full.

It was a non-issue & no Alaafin's fault who became the seriki fulani - the fulanis made their choice & presented him to the Alaafin. Salihu, on the other hand, became the seriki after chasing away his rival who was also competing for the position with him.

kiss the truth!

1 Like

Re: Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by seunmsg(m): 9:52pm On Feb 03, 2021
TimeManager:
Why didn't he tongue lash the Alaafin?.. Ooni goofed big time. Igboho put his life at risk, went to dislodge the killers in ibarapa. All the while, he had the support of the Ooni. After his return from ibarapa, he made a video thanking the Ooni among others for their support. Ooni went to Abuja, upon his return, he changed mouth. Ooni deserves the stick.
I stan Sunday igboho.

kiss the truth!

So, how exactly did Ooni changed mouth? What exactly did he say that was wrong after meeting Buhari?
Re: Fani-kayode To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho by TimeManager(m): 10:34pm On Feb 03, 2021
seunmsg:

So, how exactly did Ooni changed mouth? What exactly did he say that was wrong after meeting Buhari?
Go read the Ooni's address to the pressmen after his meeting with the President. The crux of the matter is the underlying message Ooni was was passing out to Sunday igboho. In other words" Igboho, stop what you're doing, I can no longer guarantee your safety".
Meanwhile, Ooni was relying Buhari's mind to Igboho. His mind is to ALWAYS protect his fulani folks irrespective of their crime.

The Sultan gave a direct warning to Buhari - "North is no more safe, we are dying". Compare with the strong worded message of Alaafin to the president. Alaafin made it known to Buhari that "You have failed to protect us, we can no longer give ourselves away to die in the hands of the criminal herdsmen. We have what it takes to protect ourselves if need be". But Ooni was rather being political & needlessly diplomatic.

kiss the truth.

(1) (Reply)

Yusuf Buhari Set To Marry Kano Princess / Vote Wisely / How The Fulanis Conquered The Northern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.