Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,443 members, 7,826,702 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Igbos Beware!!! See Why Igbo Presidency Is Such A Weak Idea - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Beware!!! See Why Igbo Presidency Is Such A Weak Idea (705 Views)

Igbos Beware Of These Old Traitors / Atiku’s Wife Takes Campaign To Onitsha, Reveals Why Igbo Should Vote Her Husband / "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Beware!!! See Why Igbo Presidency Is Such A Weak Idea by 10mobile: 9:14am On Feb 04, 2021
A while ago, I had the following exchange with a Nairalander on a thread reporting how MASSOB was asking GEJ not to contest for the 2023 Presidential Race in order to give room for an Igbo person to fill the position.

The Nairalander commented as follows:

slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Biafra is a dream and goal that can't be realized and actualized....

We should work together to produce an igbo president

Biafra is dead on arrival and dead in the field

If you like quote me and insult me....no problem

Ain't scared of no shit

Then I replied to him as follows:

Why is it that when the issue of Biafra is raised, everybody's bars are raised? Even Slawormir becomes sober? And why do you honestly think that Biafra can't be realized? And how will an Igbo as President or VP change anything?

For instance, I know that the North and South-West will never support a sensible Igbo man to become President. So, let's assume Nigerians decide to support an Igbo person to become a President in 2023 and that Igbo person becomes Hope Uzodinma (my sense of justice does not allow me to give him the title of 'Governor'). So, tell me how such a Presidency will help you as an Igbo person (if you are)?

Please, let's learn to be looking before we leap as a people. That's how we warned and warned and warned against a Buhari Presidency, giving all the reasons that could convince an average Joe anywhere. But Nigerians 'mumuishly', 'cowishly' ignored all the warnings and they were like water poured on smooth impervious rock.

Must we continue to experiment with our destinies? Nawa oh!

To start with, I am Igbo and I am totally against the idea of Igbo Presidency because it can actually be manipulated by Nigerians against the TRUE yearnings of the Igbo Nation. For instance, if a Hope Uzodinma becomes President, that can be used to silence your agitations for ever because, you will not have what to say anymore. YET, YOUR PROBLEMS WILL BE FAR FROM GETTING SOLVED. For example, killer herders will still come and be killing you while also sharing from the little allocation you get from the Federal Government.

Another reason why I am against the idea of Igbo Presidency is that it makes Igbos look so selfish and so like weaklings. They look selfish to be asking to be made President just for being Igbo in a country of over 200 different and distinct nations - Many of them have never even produced a Speaker of the House of Reps.

Again, the limp agitation (actually begging) to be made President just because you are Igbo makes you look like weaklings because you don't seem ready to actually put up a fight for what you want. It is the reason why I usually say that, if not for Nnamdi Kanu, I would have disowned my Igbo background in the face of the present Fulani invasions.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Beware!!! See Why Igbo Presidency Is Such A Weak Idea by kalufelix(m): 9:31am On Feb 04, 2021
Your-brain-is-working...all-the-caliphate-needs-is-a-toothless-efulefu-with-one-or-two-igbo-names...

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Beware!!! See Why Igbo Presidency Is Such A Weak Idea by duro4chang(m): 9:34am On Feb 04, 2021
It seems you don't know what you want.You are confused.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Beware!!! See Why Igbo Presidency Is Such A Weak Idea by Kaduna1stson: 9:35am On Feb 04, 2021
We are going to give the presidency to you people because the south west are not ready for it. We will choose Theodore orji for you people grin
Re: Igbos Beware!!! See Why Igbo Presidency Is Such A Weak Idea by gidgiddy: 9:47am On Feb 04, 2021
The thing about Igbo Presidency, or any Presidency for that matter, is that it will help nobody. The evidence is there for all to see. Obasanjo was President for 8 years, did anything spectacular change in Yoruba land? Some Yorubas are todsy fighting for the same Presidency in 2023

GEJ was President for 6 years, what changed for Ijaw people? Nothing

Buhari has been president over 5 years, his home state of Katsina is riddled with poverty and insecurity. People in Katsina cannot sleep with two eyes closed

All the many Presidents the North has produced, where is the North today? Boko haram, killer herdsmen, ISWAP, terrorism and poverty. What did they get out of President?

And some people are telling Igbos that Igbo President will solve the problem of Igbos? A worthless office that didnt help those who held it in the past?

Igbos should focus on either outright independence from Nigeria, or a restructured Nigeria where Igbo land is autonomous and controls its destiny. Thats what matters. Im not against my fellow becoming President, but Igbos should never forget that there are things that are far more important than the office of president of Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Beware!!! See Why Igbo Presidency Is Such A Weak Idea by Lawdis(m): 9:49am On Feb 04, 2021
.....Igbo Presidency is an impossibility because none of the top national posts of the government is being piloting by any Igbo man.

therefore forget about the struggle at least for now
Re: Igbos Beware!!! See Why Igbo Presidency Is Such A Weak Idea by Fahdiga1: 9:53am On Feb 04, 2021
Propaganda from the Yorubas
Re: Igbos Beware!!! See Why Igbo Presidency Is Such A Weak Idea by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 04, 2021
GEJ 2023
Re: Igbos Beware!!! See Why Igbo Presidency Is Such A Weak Idea by 10mobile: 10:09am On Feb 04, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
We are going to give the presidency to you people because the south west are not ready for it. We will choose Theodore orji for you people grin
Go and eat your gworo, drink your kunu and fvck your cow. If not for the British attempts to subjugate people by giving power to those they can control, where would the likes of you have been to be able to talk? But, if your brain was in tact, you would have realized that the times have changed and that the tide is turning against you.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Beware!!! See Why Igbo Presidency Is Such A Weak Idea by 10mobile: 10:20am On Feb 04, 2021
Fahdiga1:
Propaganda from the Yorubas
I bụ onye ebee? Ọ bụ ụdị mmadụ gị ka a na-agba ohu na mgbe gboo. A gwa gị okwu, ị gaghị e che echiche na ya. Yoruba propaganda. Onye ara.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Beware!!! See Why Igbo Presidency Is Such A Weak Idea by Fahdiga1: 10:24am On Feb 04, 2021
10mobile:

I bụ onye ebee? Ọ bụ ụdị mmadụ gị ka a na-agba ohu na mgbe gboo. A gwa gị okwu, ị gaghị e che echiche na ya. Yoruba propaganda. Onye ara.
Ibu onye nzuzu enweghi atu. na iji Google translator agbanwe asusu Igbo agaghi eme gi onye Igbo. anyi ma ndi bu ndi. mkpi di ka gi. zuzuru puo ka m fu uzo. aturu
Re: Igbos Beware!!! See Why Igbo Presidency Is Such A Weak Idea by 10mobile: 10:25am On Feb 04, 2021
duro4chang:
I hope you completed nursery school because, if you did, you would be saying this as a comment on this post.
Re: Igbos Beware!!! See Why Igbo Presidency Is Such A Weak Idea by wakaman: 10:25am On Feb 04, 2021
The Igbo presidency
Re: Igbos Beware!!! See Why Igbo Presidency Is Such A Weak Idea by 10mobile: 10:29am On Feb 04, 2021
duro4chang:
Sorry to ask: Did you finish elementary school? I ask because, no one who went to elementary school and is not mad can give this as a response to this post. I see that hate has damaged you so much that you can't think clearly at all. Sorry dear.
Re: Igbos Beware!!! See Why Igbo Presidency Is Such A Weak Idea by Dedetwo(m): 10:32am On Feb 04, 2021
The only thing likely to look into the problem of Ndigbo is actualization of Republic of Igboland. I am not for Biafra because of Nigeria. I really do not want to see anything Nigeria in future or leave anything such as Nigeria for my next generation. I honestly and wholeheartedly want a progressive country for Ndigbo. There are certain goons I sworn never to share a native country with them after Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Beware!!! See Why Igbo Presidency Is Such A Weak Idea by Ojiofor: 10:37am On Feb 04, 2021
10mobile:
A while ago, I had the following exchange with a Nairalander on a thread reporting how MASSOB was asking GEJ not to contest for the 2023 Presidential Race in order to give room for an Igbo person to fill the position.

The Nairalander commented as follows:

Then I replied to him as follows:

To start with, I am Igbo and I am totally against the idea of Igbo Presidency because it can actually be manipulated by Nigerians against the TRUE yearnings of the Igbo Nation. For instance, if a Hope Uzodinma becomes President, that can be used to silence your agitations for ever because, you will not have what to say anymore. YET, YOUR PROBLEMS WILL BE FAR FROM GETTING SOLVED. For example, killer herders will still come and be killing you while also sharing from the little allocation you get from the Federal Government.

Another reason why I am against the idea of Igbo Presidency is that it makes Igbos look so selfish and so like weaklings. They look selfish to be asking to be made President just for being Igbo in a country of over 200 different and distinct nations - Many of them have never even produced a Speaker of the House of Reps.

Again, the limp agitation (actually begging) to be made President just because you are Igbo makes you look like weaklings because you don't seem ready to actually put up a fight for what you want. It is the reason why I usually say that, if not for Nnamdi Kanu, I would have disowned my Igbo background in the face of the present Fulani invasions.

Ibu onye Igbo who prefers to perpetually live under Fulani/Yoruba presidency than an Igbo president for just 8 years for whatever it is and you think you are making sense?You crazy brain washed Igbos can't decide political direction of generality of ndi Igbo.
Re: Igbos Beware!!! See Why Igbo Presidency Is Such A Weak Idea by duro4chang(m): 10:59am On Feb 04, 2021
10mobile:

Sorry to ask: Did you finish elementary school? I ask because, no one who went to elementary school and is not mad can give this as a response to this post. I see that hate has damaged you so much that you can't think clearly at all. Sorry dear.
You actually confused yourself in your write-up.
Re: Igbos Beware!!! See Why Igbo Presidency Is Such A Weak Idea by duro4chang(m): 11:00am On Feb 04, 2021
10mobile:

I hope you completed nursery school because, if you did, you would be saying this as a comment on this post.
You are really confused. Go through your write-up again. No head no tail.

(1) (Reply)

Every True Nigerian With Nigerians Spirit Watch This Video / NIGERIA GOVERNED WITH IMPOSED UNWORKABLE 1999 CONSTITUTION: AKINTOYE & IGBOHO... / "We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers(christians) Are Killed" -pantami (gazettengr)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.