Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead (6906 Views)

Onyebuchi Chukwu Decamps From PDP To APC / Onyebuchi Chukwu Stole $29 million meant for vaccines - GAVI / Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu Resigns As Minister Of Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by Ezinwannem: 4:58pm On Jul 04, 2007
The business mogul, Augustine Ilobide is dead. It is in dead a great loss to the Anambra state and Nigeria as well.

MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE, AMEN
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by viee(f): 5:03pm On Jul 04, 2007
Ezinwannem:

MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE, AMEN

Amen. sad
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by denex: 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2007
The industrous people that built the Nigerian economy and kept it running are all dying.

The younger generation that would take over from them have all fled the country and are abroad listening to Radio Biafra. Screaming Nigeria is bad, Nigeria is bad Which way Motherland?
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by OgidiBoy(m): 5:12pm On Jul 04, 2007
This is a heavy blow to Anambra state indeed, we used to be neighbors at GRA Onitsha. He will be greatly missed.
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by McKren(m): 5:13pm On Jul 04, 2007
EKENE NDI UWAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by Esss(m): 5:22pm On Jul 04, 2007
As a child, Ekene dili chukwu transport was a household name in the transport industry.

Indeed a great Iroko tree has fallen.

Bible si anyi ye Ekene in every situation. So Ekene dili chukwu indeed. It was a life well spent.

may his soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by Ezinwannem: 7:21pm On Jul 04, 2007
he was indeed a great man, saw him in 97 and 98 wen he attended my gradparents burial, more so, i just spoke 2 one of his grandkids 3 days ago, I hope his legacy will continue
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by 9ja4eva: 8:43pm On Jul 04, 2007
OMG

RIP
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by naijaking1: 11:50pm On Jul 04, 2007
I hope his legacy does not die with him.
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 05, 2007
He was a great Man, committed to the economic growth of Nigeria, May God give comfort to his family and may God give him eternal rest
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by denex: 9:00am On Jul 05, 2007
He did not call government to buy trucks for him. He did not let Obasanjo's presence make him abandon his business to resort to complaining. The man worked hard all his life. Employed people, put food on their table while making his own profits, paying his taxes and contributing to the country's GDP.

This is a true patriot. A real businessman. I really pray there is someone to take his place.

Heaven open thy pearly gates,
take a soul that has its dues paid.
EkeneDiliChukwu, one truly great!
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by desgiezd(m): 9:09am On Jul 05, 2007
This was one man that changed the face of transportation in Nigeria. If not for his likes, perhaps we would still be travelling inside "bolekajas" (iroko coasters). A hard working man that took road transportation to great heights. All nigerians will surely miss this great son of Africa. I pray the Lord would grant his soul a deserving rest.
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by BUSHFELLOW(m): 11:01am On Jul 05, 2007
May his soul rest in peace but still on still the nation still remains and it will keep moving. Peace
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by Beline(f): 12:31pm On Jul 05, 2007
At what age did he died?
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by BUSHFELLOW(m): 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2007
imagine i forgot to ask that question at what age did he died
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by Bankole01(m): 2:44pm On Jul 05, 2007
Ekakne Dili Chukwu was realy a pioneer transporter and one of the people who built Nigeria.
He started the same time when my father built Charity Transport Service. They were great friends.
The transporters of those days built Nigeria.
Charity Transport Service
Oshinowo Transport
Benson Transport
Ekene Dili Chukwu
they did all the work carving roads and building bridges before the soldier boys and their cronies came to wreck Nigeria.
May the souls of those great pioneers rest in perfect peace.
Those were men who made money the right way, They worked for it.
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by Bankole01(m): 2:45pm On Jul 05, 2007
Ekene Dili Chukwu was realy a pioneer transporter and one of the people who built Nigeria.
He started the same time when my father built Charity Transport Service. They were great friends.
Oshinowo Transport
Benson Transport
Ekene Dili Chukwu
they did all the work carving roads and building bridges before the soldier boys and their cronies came to wreck Nigeria.
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by desgiezd(m): 3:07pm On Jul 05, 2007
Daily Champion of July 4, 2007 reported that Ekene Dili Chukwu died at 74+, would have been 75 on December 18, 2007.
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by Ezinwannem: 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2007
yes, he died at 74, excately da same age my granny died in which he was present. (10 yrs ago) wen he was 64

Again, ma his soul rest in peace, amen
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by BUSHFELLOW(m): 3:56pm On Jul 05, 2007
HMM he is 74 that is he did 4 years of over time i think he should go and rest he has tried. No man lives forever. for it is appointed unto man a time to born and a time to die.
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by Beline(f): 4:18pm On Jul 05, 2007
74 is not bad for one to get rest, may his soul rest in peace
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by Mamajama(m): 4:25pm On Jul 05, 2007
How sad, I don't know the man, but his daughter here in CHitown is not doing all that great. WIll have to call friends and see how she is holding up.
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by lewa(m): 4:27pm On Jul 05, 2007
Ekene Dili Chukwu epitomised for people like me diligence,enterprise,fortitude!As a kid i marvalled as his business was run and expanded
exponentially.Was a true Igbo son firstly and a patriot foremost.
My thoughts are with his family at this trying moments and may God give him eternal rest,Ameen
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by Mamajama(m): 4:33pm On Jul 05, 2007
pally LEWA, where you been dey now, he be like say CHITOWN weather don carry you go enjoy. lol
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by lewa(m): 4:42pm On Jul 05, 2007
Omo jus got back from Naija~gotta enjoy this summer,last year was at home!Wetin dey?Wld be in Chi-town hopefuly month end,
operating out of ATL and Washington for now!How dem mamacitasLOL
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by Mamajama(m): 4:50pm On Jul 05, 2007
Chi, I sure say you nova go see my calabar babes for naija, well welcome back my friend, How ATL now? I might come there next month continental style. keep in touch.
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by laudate: 5:01pm On Jul 05, 2007
Bankole01:

Ekene Dili Chukwu was realy a pioneer transporter and one of the people who built Nigeria.
Oshinowo Transport
Benson Transport
Ekene Dili Chukwu

Chei!! How you take remember all those old transport companies? Na wa for you o! wink How old you be sef? Oya, pssst! Talk quick before other people enter here! grin
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by moneytalk(m): 7:21pm On Jul 05, 2007
one of the greatest asset has move on,
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by wiseguy(m): 11:16am On Jul 06, 2007
Wow! What a loss!
May The Almighty grant him joyful activity in the beyond.

, as a child then, growing up in Enugu, Ekene Dili Chukwu or SSS (Slow, Steady and Safe) as we started calling it, was a household name. Whenever we see big buses, we start shouting the name. He pioneered the nigerian road transport system and remained so steadfast in the business even when many others who came after him left the scene due to harsh economic realities.

May God Bless this Nigerian's Soul!
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by naijaway(m): 9:21pm On Jul 06, 2007
A true definition of a patriot because he could have over inflated his fares and gone out of business with a legitimate excuse like other people do claiming naija is too difficult to run a business.
A true son of the Nigerian soil, stayed out of politics for the most part, and a good example of an optimist without punishing the people, an example for the next generation to learn from, a believer in Nigeria as a whole, and the list goes on. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 06, 2007
He's 74 and he has kids who are my age mates, RIP!
Re: Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead by NINETOFIVE(m): 11:00pm On Jul 06, 2007
May the soul of this great Igbo son rest in perfect deserving peace, he was an inspiration to all of us, we will all miss him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Orders Immediate Evacuation Of Nigerians In Egypt - Nta / Fashola Commissions LASU School Of Transport. PICS.. / I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.