Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters (19470 Views)

President Has Power To Extend Retiring IGP’s Tenure, Court Rules / Buhari’s Extension Of IGP Adamu's Tenure Is Unlawful ― Adegboruwa, SAN / PDP Governors Declare New Police Act Unconstitutional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by Doubleoh7: 6:13pm On Feb 04, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

Just like Winston Churchill once said, sacking Generals during war is always counter productive

It's like sacking your driver in the middle of 3rd mainland bridge

Nigerian insecurity is hot right now, change of IGP can wait

I imploy you to read the Police Service ACT, Civil Service ACT, and Armed Forces ACT,. In situations like this The CinC has the right to extend the service of anyone

I believe an adult human with fully developed brain should research on a subject and be willing to offer stronger arguement instead of insults

don't disguise in fooling yourself, Sack or retirement of Adamu won't lead to Ibo IGP

What would happen after the sack;

*DIG who are coarse mate of Adamu or his Senior in the Position of DIG ,AIG to CP automatically gets retired

*Many Zonal command especially the ones in Fulani Herdsmen hot zone becomes instantly headless and leaderless

Please let's try and stay on the topic, sacking the IG has nothing to do with appointing an igbo IG but has a lot to do with upholding the law. You are referring me to police service act, show me one portion of it that supports his action and I will show you two that forbids it. I'm waiting
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by Image123(m): 6:16pm On Feb 04, 2021
Jerryherd:

To be perfectly honest many warzone are better than Nigeria

Boko Haram and Ipob both arefighting for territory in Nigeria, Herdsmen are terrorising

So what's war

Then what should Americans say in the context of loss of lives due to Covid? When are we going to be serious in this nation? Going by your logic, what if they get sick or die?
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by nyiamfrank: 6:18pm On Feb 04, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

Just like Winston Churchill once said, sacking Generals during war is always counter productive

I imploy you to read the Police Service ACT, Civil Service ACT, and Armed Forces ACT,. In situations like this The CinC has the right to extend the service of anyone

I believe an adult human with fully developed brain should research on a subject and be willing to offer stronger arguement instead of insults

don't disguise in fooling yourself, Sack or retirement of Adamu won't lead to Ibo IGP

*DIG who are coarse mate of Adamu or his Senior in the Position of DIG ,AIG to CP automatically gets retired

*Many Zonal command especially the ones in Fulani Herdsmen hot zone becomes instantly headless and leaderless

and the real army fighters are all gone

only ig can stand the war?

which war if I may ask?

I can now see your developed brain... a little below pea
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by Jerryherd: 6:20pm On Feb 04, 2021
nyiamfrank:

and the real army fighters are all gone

only ig can stand the war?

which war if I may ask?

I can now see your developed brain... a little below pea

Even a dumb fool new Military chiefs also exceeded 35 to 37 years retirement due to security issues

Well some are dumber than dumb
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by nyiamfrank: 6:26pm On Feb 04, 2021
Jerryherd:

Even a dumb fool new Military chiefs also exceeded 35 to 37 years retirement due to security issues

Well some are dumber than dumb
which war? retarded/slow bastard! have you read the police act?
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by Jerryherd: 6:27pm On Feb 04, 2021
nyiamfrank:
which war? retarded bastard! have you read the police act?

I have one with me incase of riff Raff dunce online bum
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by nyiamfrank: 6:29pm On Feb 04, 2021
Jerryherd:

I have one with me incase of riff Raff dunce online bum
it could be a furniture then
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by micflo28(m): 6:32pm On Feb 04, 2021
If he does this then why do we bother to obey the covid-19 laws? The goat in Aso rock is shameless.
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by Tareq1105: 6:34pm On Feb 04, 2021
IamWonderful:
Buhari izza disaster and disappointment.

Extension of tenure of public officials in whatever way is corruption.

Accountant General

Comptroller Immigration

Perm Secs

IGP now

Wetin? This impunity does not seem to have an end soon.

It's affecting the morale of the officers in the Service.

Mr President is killing the Service.

Garba Shehu and Lai Mohammed should not cry when Transparency International comes out with its assessment next year.
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by yemex04(m): 6:36pm On Feb 04, 2021
For proper selection of new IGP? I am sure they had more than enough time to select the new IGP before his tenure expired.
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by CBARRY1: 6:38pm On Feb 04, 2021
The Buhari I know, whose WAEC Certificate is in the custody of NIGER ARMY will not see something wrong with what he is doing.
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by Web2020: 6:42pm On Feb 04, 2021
This Man call Buhari and all his cabinet are the worst set of people I have ever seen in my life. Is it that when the tenor has expired before Buhari and his cabinet realized. What happen to successor plan. Even companies have successors plan for their key staff like the CEO and other key positions. Now tell me, how on earth Nigeria would have move forward under this administration. Very sad. This man show that he does not have capacity in his first term but he deceived foolish Nigerians that he was fighting corruption. I weep for this country.
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by bayelsaowei(m): 6:44pm On Feb 04, 2021
garfield1:

If he can get a southerner he trusts with his life,why not.
the northerner he will bring in will be incompetent by default. ..nepotism never yields good results..
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by sameks08(m): 6:45pm On Feb 04, 2021
just like burutai buhari still has another post for him
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by luluosas(m): 6:48pm On Feb 04, 2021
Which kain proper selection? Does it means that our C-in-C is unaware of the provision of the law? No wonder this is a banana republic
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by garfield1: 6:54pm On Feb 04, 2021
bayelsaowei:
the northerner he will bring in will be incompetent by default. ..nepotism never yields good results..

Do you know the meaning of nepotism? Is it every northerner that is related to buhari? So he should apppint jitoboh your brother
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by tinktanker: 7:13pm On Feb 04, 2021
It's not shocking. Violator of anything good
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by Thetruthshallse(m): 7:16pm On Feb 04, 2021
Like I always said, buhari is a TERRORIST. Why is the useless national assembly letting this Fulani terrorist trample over Nigeria useless Constitution.
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 04, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

As you are trying very hard to support Mr President for his actions on this regard, I wish you do same in the area of his muteness towards insecurity in the country. What is your own point of view, please tell us.
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by Blackdisciple(m): 7:24pm On Feb 04, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by backbone503(m): 7:29pm On Feb 04, 2021
post=98742919:

What a good petition against the evil herdsmen!
All of us @ [color=#006600][/color] will gladly sign this,
The evil ones amongst them must face the consequences of their evil actions, they can never escape it,
But while you are at it, kindly go draft some other petitions for Nigerians to sign, against drug and child traffickers especially the Nigerians abroad giving our nation a bad name and also petitions for ritualists cultivating their fellow humans digestive system to sell.
And also the animals forcing young girls to sleep with criminals, keep them in a hole for 9 months and end up selling their babies to the highest bidder.
We believe our country will move forward with this.
We hereby move forward to the season of petition signing.....rightly so!

Really? shocked
U get mind o.
Nigerians dey come for you!

Meanwhile.....

Trust those people at your peril.

when it happens, that same man is the one that will lead the mob/terrorists to attack his "best friend".
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by Xscape1993(m): 7:39pm On Feb 04, 2021
What a country!
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by Igahbarr: 7:41pm On Feb 04, 2021
I am not surprised at all because this Buhari Government is known for lawlessness
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by sandymikky: 7:41pm On Feb 04, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Lol... Sahara Reporters should go do more research... I wonder why this is even an issue with all the current security issues bedeviling Nigeria... Go to court if you feel a law has been broken...

God bless Nigeria.
When I read comments like this from supposedly educated people, I weep. Nigeria is a constitutional democracy. There's a reason why there are laws that guide the operation of the.govt and no leader is above the laws he swore to uphold. The laws sets limits on the powers that can be exercised by the president and he's hound to respect those laws.

Asamu isn't the only person qualified and competent to tackle the "current security issues bedeviling Nigeria" BTW how has his police eliminated those challenges that one can say of not for him...?

Stop rationalizing the abuse of the rule of law by Mr Buhari please.
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by Deserea: 7:46pm On Feb 04, 2021
APC is a mistake.
Buhari is a disaster.
Zombies are brain dead.

Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by Shattuck(m): 7:46pm On Feb 04, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Lol... Sahara Reporters should go do more research... I wonder why this is even an issue with all the current security issues bedeviling Nigeria... Go to court if you feel a law has been broken...

God bless Nigeria.
with all the security issues you say? 1 Nigeria has always had security issues 2 but the same Buhari sacked service chiefs, with the same security issues 3 has he been performing so well ? no 4 if you needed time you should have planned ahead 3 months or more to retirement, not extending expired tenure by 3 months. finally Buhari is still a failure and I commend you guys for your steadfastness in defending a failure e no easy bros 30k no reach my guy.
Re: Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters by Tecno66: 7:55pm On Feb 04, 2021
Righteousness2:
This is not Good at all!

All the advisers of the President should resign.
You can't have a retinue of advisers and yet you take decisions that are counter productive.

Your Excellency, You are killing the Moral of the Serviceman.

You can't be Extending when you have a whole lot of Qualified officers to do the Job..
They just have to look for a way to compensate him for doing their bidding in the last election and for being soft on the killer herdsmen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book / Buhari Did Not Refuse Any Rolls Royce From Us” – High Commissioner To The UK / President Buhari Presents N7.3trn 2017 Budget to National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.