Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? (18511 Views)

The Mobile Phone With Highest Sales World Wide, 250 Million units Sold / What Is The Difference Between Factory And Chip Unlocked Iphones / How Can I By Pass The Wifi Set Up When Device Is Booting After A Factory Reset?? (2) (3) (4)

Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? by Kanoski(m): 8:51pm On Feb 04, 2021
What are the major differences and advantages between the factory, world wide n chip unlock iphones..

For one, I noticed that the factory unlock is always significantly more expensive while the chip unlock is always at the cheaper end.

So taking the prices into consideration, is there any real benefit of picking the factory unlock models over others..

Your contributions are welcome
Re: Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? by latiephwald(m): 9:37am On Feb 05, 2021
Factory or WWU unlocked iPhone can be used with any Sim card any where in the world, while chip is usually activated using on the the sim that will be used in phone.
You can only change the sim when you reactivate chip with another sim.

Re: Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? by Kanoski(m): 2:48pm On Feb 05, 2021
latiephwald:
Factory or WWU unlocked iPhone can be used with any Sim card any where in the world, while chip is usually activated using on the the sim that will be used in phone.
You can only change the sim when you reactivate chip with another sim.
Thanks for the comments Bruh...
Though i also heard that u can't factory reset a WW unlock phone..
How true bro
Re: Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? by latiephwald(m): 5:58pm On Feb 05, 2021
Kanoski:

Thanks for the comments Bruh...
Though i also heard that u can't factory reset a WW unlock phone..
How true bro

You can wipe WWU iphone (fully unlocked) but can't wipe some FU iphone if on contract.
Re: Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? by Kanoski(m): 6:32pm On Feb 05, 2021
latiephwald:

You can wipe WWU iphone (fully unlocked) but can't wipe some FU iphone if on contract.
Okay you just made everything so confusing..
Pls i need more explanation
Re: Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? by Jung(m): 10:45pm On Feb 05, 2021
latiephwald:

Lmfao this is so wrong. You don't know what you're saying bros. Stop abeg lol

Re: Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? by Kanoski(m): 7:19am On Feb 06, 2021
Jung:

Lmfao this is so wrong. You don't know what you're saying bros. Stop abeg lol
My brother abeg can u explain better?
Re: Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? by Jung(m): 10:36am On Feb 06, 2021
Kanoski:

My brother abeg can u explain better?
Chip unlocking uses a special chip to bypass the network lock on iPhones. This is because the phones are under contract, and only full payment of the contract will remove the network restrictions. The chip allows you to bypass all that, but you can only use one network per chip.

World wide unlock enables you use any sim with the phone, but you must never ever factory reset the phone, as doing this will lock the phone back to the previous network and you cannot use your Nigerian sim anymore.

Factory unlocked means you can use any sim at anytime

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? by Kanoski(m): 2:59pm On Feb 06, 2021
Jung:

Chip unlocking uses a special chip to bypass the network lock on iPhones. This is because the phones are under contract, and only full payment of the contract will remove the network restrictions. The chip allows you to bypass all that, but you can only use one network per chip.

World wide unlock enables you use any sim with the phone, but you must never ever factory reset the phone, as doing this will lock the phone back to the previous network and you cannot use your Nigerian sim anymore.

Thanks for the eye opener bro..

I appreciate..

Re: Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? by Bybellman: 10:22pm On Apr 11, 2021
Please can you explain how to do the WWU by ourselves ?

Jung:

Re: Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? by Hormor14(m): 5:19am On Aug 13, 2021
Jung:

I mistakenly restored a wwu iPhone due to ignorance now it won’t activate how can I go about it
Re: Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? by jaido007: 11:19pm On Feb 19, 2022
But how can one differentiate or identify these three is one wants to purchase an iphone.
Jung:

Re: Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? by ojehmario1969(m): 6:34am On Apr 06, 2022
Hormor14:

I mistakenly restored a wwu iPhone due to ignorance now it won’t activate how can I go about it

Have u been able to unlock it
And how did u go about it
Re: Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? by Hormor14(m): 8:25am On Apr 06, 2022
ojehmario1969:

Have u been able to unlock it
And how did u go about it
No
Re: Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? by ojehmario1969(m): 11:55am On Apr 06, 2022
Hormor14:

No

Iphone what
Re: Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? by Adekayiv: 9:00pm On Apr 08, 2022
jaido007:
But how can one differentiate or identify these three is one wants to purchase an iphone.

Before buying the phone, make sure you flash it, if it works fine after then you know you are getting a Factory unlocked phone( the best variant).
Once you are even about to flash it the person selling would open up to you

Re: Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? by Prince3(m): 11:30pm On Dec 10, 2022
Jung:

Wwu will lock the phone back when factory reseted. Please I want to know if there's is anything that can be done so I can start using again. Or is the phone gone forever from using Nigeria SIM ?. Please someone help me explain this. Thanks
Re: Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? by Elxandre(m): 7:59pm On Dec 11, 2022
Prince3:

Wwu will lock the phone back when factory reseted. Please I want to know if there's is anything that can be done so I can start using again. Or is the phone gone forever from using Nigeria SIM ?. Please someone help me explain this. Thanks
You'll have to wwu it again if you reset it.
Re: Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? by Prince3(m): 4:05pm On Dec 13, 2022
Elxandre:

You'll have to wwu it again if you reset it.
Ok, thanks so much. I appreciate
Re: Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? by Ruhamah23(m): 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2022
This happen to me, I FU the phone because WWU wasn't available then

Prince3:

Tecno Phantom Z - Full Specifications And Price In Nigeria / Which 40k Android Phone Can I Buy In Ph / That Awkward Moment Your Phone Is Faster Than Your Laptop!