Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,763 members, 7,955,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:21 PM

Is Medicine And Surgery As Lucrative As It Seems - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is Medicine And Surgery As Lucrative As It Seems (1113 Views)

Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? / Is The Legal Profession As Lucrative As It Used To Be? / Pls Help ! Switching From Psychology To Medicine And Surgery At 31 Years !! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Medicine And Surgery As Lucrative As It Seems by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 05, 2021
Hello guys, I have heard people discussing about medicine and how lucrative it is amongst all other careers, is it truly the most lucrative? Though am a student and have already written Jamb twice in 2018 and 2019 in which I scored 278 and 281 respectively. I applied for University of Lagos in both years but was not given the course I wanted which is medicine and surgery in which I had to reject the other courses given to me then. But, recently my dad's friend introduce him to a friend of his who help people to process admission at the Obafemi Awolowo University and the man guaranteed my dad that if I can pull off at least 270 at the 2021 jamb I will be admitted into any course I want at the university which is OAU. so, now am thinking this is the opportunity of a lifetime, should I go for medicine and surgery or is there another course more lucrative? Because I know I can pull off that 270 he said. so, am seeking opinion from your guys especially those in the medical aspect is medicine still lucrative as it was? and if there are now new courses gaining the market pls suggest. Thanks.
NB: The man is 100% legit
Re: Is Medicine And Surgery As Lucrative As It Seems by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:13am On Feb 05, 2021
If you cant get into Medicine, try getting into Computer science and be a very good programmer. The opportunities upon graduation are immense even for relocation.

1 Like

Re: Is Medicine And Surgery As Lucrative As It Seems by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 05, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
If you cant get into Medicine, try getting into Computer science and be a very good programmer. The opportunities upon graduation are immense even for relocation.
between medicine and programming which one has the greater opportunity
Re: Is Medicine And Surgery As Lucrative As It Seems by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:31am On Feb 05, 2021
Bashmufol:
between medicine and programming which one has the greater opportunity
If you are in Nigeria, programming honestly. Many doctors here earn around 100 to 150k which is very low for all the years of suffering. You can earn higher as a consultant but getting into a residency program here is very hard and the exams aren't that great too. You can be failed if your examiner doesn't like the size of your nose. Most young Nigerian doctors are writing foreign exams so they can leave the country.

Abroad doctors salaries are higher than programmers but there are a ton of ways as a programmer to get higher salaries. Get a job with a big tech company, build your own code products, a SAAS business model et al. Both are good options but I would choose computer science if medicine isnt easy to get in. Computer science is 4 years so in the next 4 years you have your degree. You can even start making money as a student. Some computer science undergraduates have like 2 remote jobs which pays really well.
Re: Is Medicine And Surgery As Lucrative As It Seems by NFowler012: 11:18am On Jan 06
Medicine and surgery stand as lucrative fields, blending science and compassion to enhance lives. The demand for skilled healthcare professionals is ever-growing, fostering a rewarding career path. In tandem, the rise of Online medical supply store has revolutionized the accessibility of essential tools for practitioners. This digital marketplace not only streamlines procurement processes but also opens new avenues for entrepreneurs. The convergence of technological advancements and healthcare underscores the potential for prosperity in these vital domains, creating opportunities for both practitioners and innovative businesses.
Re: Is Medicine And Surgery As Lucrative As It Seems by Andrea08064: 11:32am On Jan 18
Expressing gratitude for providing valuable insights into the intricacies of the medical billing process! It is imperative to guarantee fair compensation for healthcare professionals while also effectively handling patients' financial obligations. Although the medical billing workflow can differ, these steps play a crucial role in ensuring the seamless operation of healthcare billing. For individuals seeking a deeper understanding of the complexities within the medical field, here is an article that may pique your interest: https://medicalwholesalesupplies.com/

(1) (Reply)

Systems Engineering / Important! Let Us Make Nigeria Great- Justice And Law Enforcement Reformation / Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.