Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 (2858 Views)

Fela Kuti's Meeting With Chinua Achebe (Throwback Photo) / When Banky W Picked Wizkid Up From The Slum, Ojuelegba (Throwback Photos) / Bisola Aiyeola's Throwback Photos At 2008 Project Fame And More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by ExAngel007(f): 11:06am On Feb 05, 2021
Rare throwback photos of Nigerian novelist and
poet, Chinua Achebe have been revealed.

The legendary writer died at the age of 82 in
2013 but left the world with many memories in
the many books he wrote.

In celebration of his life here are some of his rare
photos below:

https://www.tori.ng/news/132525/rare-throwback-photos-of-chinua-achebe-showing-off.html

lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by Goldencheese(m): 11:07am On Feb 05, 2021
Wow. Sage

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by Fahdiga1: 11:10am On Feb 05, 2021
The best Nigeria ever had. not the cultist who supported the lifeless cow to become president

6 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by Nobody: 11:12am On Feb 05, 2021
When men used their brains. On that table he made history. Men of nowadays na to hear abori nta yin, drink ,smoke and find kpekus na that one be their ambition. Even me dey among I no go lie

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by illicit(m): 11:12am On Feb 05, 2021
Saved....

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by Tolexander: 11:13am On Feb 05, 2021
Fahdiga1:
The best Nigeria ever had. not the cultist who supported the lifeless cow to become president
Yet the best never won the Nobel Prize in Literature but died a bitter man

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by Officialgarri: 11:13am On Feb 05, 2021
Achebe, one of the best writers Nigeria ever had.

I remember the satisfaction I felt when I went through his home town of Ogidi. It was validation of the Bible quote that says "can any thing good come out of Nazareth? "

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by longetivity(m): 11:14am On Feb 05, 2021
One of the best writers in AFRICA

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by Kriss216: 11:15am On Feb 05, 2021
Fahdiga1:
Mention his name, we're adults here, no one will beat you.

Wole Soyinka!

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by Fahdiga1: 11:15am On Feb 05, 2021
Tolexander:
Who needs the arranged award sef. between the two who's book is the most read the world over?
Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by Fahdiga1: 11:17am On Feb 05, 2021
Kriss216:
Mention his name, we're adults here, no one will beat you.

Wole Soyinka!
Gbam
Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by Tolexander: 11:24am On Feb 05, 2021
Fahdiga1:
Who needs the arranged award sef. between the two who's book is the most read the world over?
Which of his books have you read?

Adventuring the memory lane while I was in JSS3 preparing for my Junior Certificate Exam, I was taught that Literature comprises of Prose, Drama and Poetry.

Tell me who balanced up the three, Prose, Drama and Poetry between Soyinka and Achebe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by setobaba: 11:25am On Feb 05, 2021
I can bet my two balls, majority of those arguing in the book, have not even seen it talk less of reading the book.

I’m guilty too
Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by donbachi(m): 11:45am On Feb 05, 2021
Legend

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by Omowunmikay(f): 12:13pm On Feb 05, 2021
I enjoyed reading this novel. Twas really interesting. read it over and over

I sell laptops,phones and games
Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by sugacoatedmouth(m): 12:26pm On Feb 05, 2021
MejiLoyon:
When men used their brains. On that table he made history. Men of nowadays na to hear abori nta yin, drink ,smoke and find kpekus na that one be their ambition. Even me dey among I no go lie

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Mejiloyon aka Breastistwo my Guy you no go kill person for this N.L Rotfl

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by abebi77572: 2:21pm On Feb 05, 2021
Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by BlueAir: 2:23pm On Feb 05, 2021
grin things fall apart. angry Feminists still repping very well in that area
Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by Olabode971(f): 2:44pm On Feb 05, 2021
grin be4 it was tins fall apart but Now Everything don change..

Its now "Things gone Out of Hand

Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 05, 2021
See real men, good old days.Can you compare these type of men with the likes of mosdii,ikillbrokehoes,martinez39s,ubunja and the other wizards in the rubbish yeye redpill group?

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 05, 2021
Zzor:
See real men, good old days.Can you compare these type of men with the likes of mosdii,ikillbrokehoes,martinez39s,ubunja and the other wizards in the rubbish yeye redpill group?
The real alpha male himself.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 05, 2021
Chii59:
The real alpha male himself.
Yes ooo.
Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by spy24(m): 3:43pm On Feb 05, 2021
Fahdiga1:

Very unnecessary comment angry
Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by oshonwambada: 5:10pm On Feb 05, 2021
Tolexander:
stop being stupid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by milann: 5:20pm On Feb 05, 2021
There was a man. Achebe was his name. Things fall apart was his story.
Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by judedwriter(m): 5:48pm On Feb 05, 2021
A man's gift makes room for him and brings him before great men....
Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by Tolexander: 6:12pm On Feb 05, 2021
oshonwambada:
stop being stupid
go and tell your father that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by joseph1832(m): 6:17pm On Feb 05, 2021
Fahdiga1:
All what you said is just a matter of your feeble minded opinion, and in the grand scheme of things, it's as useless as the W in wrestling. tongue
Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by AfonjaConehead: 8:56am On Feb 06, 2021
Fahdiga1:

Stop this nah...
Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by AfonjaConehead: 8:57am On Feb 06, 2021
Tolexander:

See baba!!! grin
Re: Throwback Photos Of Chinua Achebe Showing His Book "Things Fall Apart" In 1960 by kingsavage: 9:05am On Feb 06, 2021
He died a miserable death

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bride Goes Wild As Mercy Chinwo Surprises Her At Traditional Wedding / Proof(d12) Is Dead / Dine With Ini Edo For 1million Naira For 50mins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.