Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War (45145 Views)

Okorocha's Ogun Chieftaincy Title Withdrawn By Eselu, Akintunde Akinyemi / Oba Akintunde Akinyemi Supports Igbo Presidency, Rejects Tinubu’s ‘Ambition’ / Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Sunnyja: 12:58pm On Feb 06, 2021
seunmsg:
Enough of the attack and blackmail on the person of the Ooni of Ife. Kabiyesi did nothing wrong in all of these. He met with the president in the interest of the region and noting else. We should unite to fight the insecurity in our region and stop this unnecessary media attack on each other.
You are talking of insecurity others are talking about oil block!

4 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by seunmsg(m): 12:59pm On Feb 06, 2021
Lagoon0:

The oni is selfish and not really concerned as he want us to believe.

Did the Fulani just start today? If igboho didnt make move so he won't go to buhari bah?

I expected him to sympathize with the affected community but the stipend he gets from Abuja is what is keeping him quiet .

Money is power. The spirit of the land should fight for us while we asslick the federal government. Let the government make any stupid move Nigeria will burn with fire!

Apologize for what exactly? Is he the one killing and kidnapping the people or what? Is there no governor in the affected state?

There is a governor elected by the people as the chief security officer of the state and he collects millions of naira monthly as security votes but Ooni that went to Aso rock to demand for action is the problem. Some of you are sick to be honest.
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by OLULAW: 1:01pm On Feb 06, 2021
GNature:

Please see below

https://www.nairaland.com/1570159/dethroned-ex-deji-akure-beats

If you went to school in the days when cheating in exams wasn’t a norm, and when culprits risked being jailed for 21 years, and if you passed GCE OLevel English that contained difficult comprehension section, my 2-lined comment seems easily comprehensible. The Deji’s case to which you referred is an example of an Oba’s misdeed which you aptly illustrated. He wasn’t removed for, and I insist, willy-nilly reasons.
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 06, 2021
The present Ooni is a fùcked up human being. All he cares about is money: kickback, fraud, land-/wife-grabbing, jobbery.

If the Yoruba are expecting any meaningful leadership from that career criminal then they are sure to be disappointed.

7 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Gokoyer0(m): 1:10pm On Feb 06, 2021
If you want to join in funding the purchase of Sunday Igboho buses via gofundme, checked the link in my previous comment.

Any amount is not too small.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Eriokanmi: 1:11pm On Feb 06, 2021
sapientia:
Buhari the unapologetic coupist have destroyed all the institutions in Nigeria including the loyal stools.

It's not as if these men have no good intention for their people.

But they know Buhari can do and undo.

A statement from Oni can send him packing.

These guys are just waiting it out.

A pity.
Are you from Anambra? Why are you calling a royal stool "loyal stool" ? shocked the tongue so reflected in your post grin

I concur though. Buhari gives no hoots

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by just2endowed: 1:11pm On Feb 06, 2021
Kriss216:

Going to meet the president is enough reason to dethrone him.

His people are being slaughtered, it's expected the president come to yorubaland and sympathize with them not the other way round.

mehn you nailed it....

5 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Amalekki: 1:13pm On Feb 06, 2021
grin
The Fulanis are in deep trouble. Just wait for the spirits in Ile-Ife to finish eating their amala and ewedu, you will see fire!

4 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by AwesomeStormy00(m): 1:14pm On Feb 06, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

How can you unite to fight against the insecurity you brought upon yourself ?

Abi you no support buhari fulani government again?

I wonder oooo. The table is turning now yoruba, Tinubu still dey dream land that they are ruling 2023.... lol. The North have everything planned power is staying in North APC PDP or military coup. I hope it is bloodless coup.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Levels1(m): 1:15pm On Feb 06, 2021
superior1:

You might be right, just the Tinubu I know is a desperado, he gave room for the Lekki killings and he appears willing to do whatever possible to get the presidency slot even if selling his kinsmen

The same way one of the Governor (ABIA), gave room for the Army to kill is people during ipob and army clash, back then in 2018 right?
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by ajl: 1:15pm On Feb 06, 2021
Amotolongbo:
The bolded part is where I have a great problem with our people

Let us pick up the arms and go physical with our enemy. Let us take the battle to them.

We keep on relenting on the spirit of the land. The same spirit of the land that could not defeat Sunday Igboho and Modakeke in the crises between Ife and Modakeke in 1997-1999. Yet we are relying on the spirit. This spirit Ooni is talking about has been kidnapped and we need fighting for ourselves if we want a lasting peace in our land.

Only a coward waits for his spirit to fight.

The yoruba spirits don't support unjust war. If Ife was in the wrong against Modakeke in the 1997-1999 war, do you expected that Ife would have been aided by the spirits of their land in that war. He/she who go to Esu, the yoruba deity for Justice, must come clean. If not, Esu, also a trickster will just be laughing at you as you get disgraced in your unjust conquest. Moreso, both Ife and Modakeke are yoruba communities. So, who would the yoruba deities accede to?
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Ibyno(m): 1:19pm On Feb 06, 2021
let one omoteku or Biafra go to d north and kill one Fulani and see if fulani wont fight all d Biafra / omoteku living in that zone.
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Odidigboigbo(m): 1:19pm On Feb 06, 2021
TimeManager:

Which strong message?
His late father would be turning in the grave, such an ignominy can never happen during his reign but a young boy that was made an Ooni crumbling under the weight of the throne.
Did Buhari go and meet Lam Adeshina for a handshake when the people of Saki dealt vehemently a big blow on the herdsmen?

kiss the truth!
Ooni father is very well alive and active.
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by 12inchess: 1:21pm On Feb 06, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

At the bolded

Stop talking nonsense please.

That was how you people pushed Sanusi lamido Sanisu until he got disgraced by Governor Ganduje.

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was not disgraced by Ganduje. He exited like a true King should. If a king cannot tell truth to FG and the Governor then that King is useless. Otherwise what are we according you all that respect for if you will go and respresent us wrongly.

This Ooni is representing Yoruba people wrongly. Obas don't usually go to visit anybody but even if you must go, it must be for a clear and concrete mission that we will see the immediate returns right after. The Oil blocs and favors he is receiving from Abuja must have blocked his throat. In fact like someone already said, if the matter was actually as important as it is, he shouldn't have gone alone but in the midst of two or three other imporant Yoruba Obas e.g Alaafin etc. I'm sure he did not even take counsel from the older obas because they would have given him better advice than this. He is now looking like a novice who doesn't understand anything. This is why a smaller oba is now dragging him on BBC.

It would be hard to convince anyone about this his secret meeting with Buhari without witnesses that it wasn't for personal favors.

The main point is that Yorubas are tired of Fulani herdsmen wahala. It's not by force to eat meat. We'd rather keep our lives and live on ogufe and chicken.

PS: Just to add and for context for people here who don't understand Yoruba traditions. Sunday Igboho apologized. Yen yen yen. In Yoruba land, we don't insult elders that is a fact. If an elder is doing anyhow and deserves heavy insults, then you dish it out to him hot hot. Then apologize later as a smokescreen. That doesn't take anything away from the original insult.

8 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Lagoon0: 1:21pm On Feb 06, 2021
seunmsg:

Apologize for what exactly? Is he the one killing and kidnapping the people or what? Is there no governor in the affected state?

There is a governor elected by the people as the chief security officer of the state and he collects millions of naira monthly as security votes but Ooni that went to Aso rock to demand for action is the problem. Some of you are sick to be honest.
I never said apologize , when does sympathizing with your people became the work of government. Oni has been a king before the governor came to be. So if the governor fails in his duty the next thing for oni to do is to visit Abuja?

Where is the pride in Yoruba land. Those he visited don't even see him as anything, its more like going to beg. Awujale will never do such.

The hypocrisy of government I so obvious and we are suppose to give them stern warning about the atrocities of their people they pretend not to be aware of.

Give them strong warning through the media let aso rock shake not some hypocritical meeting in close doors that has no value. His meeting with buhari has nothing to do with why Sunday igboho is still walking free. The nation is already shaking they know if they make any move the clash back will be so bad on the unity of this country .

See you trying to justify the oni because of the constitutional right of the governor over his people. If the affairs of the Yoruba people in other state is the business of their state governor then let him not see himself as the supreme ruler in Yoruba land. Instead he should be the supreme ruler of osun state.

His first state to Sunday igboho shows he has nothing to offer to Yoruba's in general. Ogun state government don't believe in the Nigeria police and secretly call Sunday igboho down to Ogun state, we in lagos are in full support because ogun state is our closest brother state. A threat to Ogun state is a threat to Lagos .

Oni fall our hand seriously and he should stop shifting blame trying to justify himself , we in lagos won't buy that from him. He should stand firm simple!

7 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by demolinka(m): 1:22pm On Feb 06, 2021
I no believe all dis one jare. Most likely made up by some mischief makers armed with data. How a whole monarch go tell Ọọni say "let me bust your brain"? If I hear!

The Ọọni did right by going to consult with Buhari on the raging issue of herdsmen's menace. He couldn't have singlehandedly asked yoruba to take up arms against fulani herdsmen, and their families by extension. Hate their activities as I do, this is the only home some of them know and will ever know. Even Alaafin won't make that call of his subjects. No be 17th century we dey na.

Hopefully we'll resolve the issue soon and herdsmen will stop open grazing and embrace the government's NLTP... otherwise we'll resort to self-help.
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Zenithpeak(m): 1:26pm On Feb 06, 2021
“The spirits of our ancestors are alive and will surely fight the Yoruba cause. Peace be unto you.”

Somebody should remind Ooni Ogunwusi that we are not in a spiritual warfare but physical battle and we know who exactly the enemies are! He should jettison his simpleton approach to insecurity in Yoruba Land....

Simps don't lead a generation in time of trouble but a worrier.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by PortableToDynam(m): 1:27pm On Feb 06, 2021
Wahala wear crown

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Cantonese: 1:30pm On Feb 06, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

How can you unite to fight against the insecurity you brought upon yourself ?

Abi you no support buhari fulani government again?

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

The lion cub wey dem buy for market come keep for house don grow come dey chop human being instead of goat wey dem dey give am. Now fear dey catch am say the lion fit chop him sef join. E quickly begin hala now. Who wan help am catch the big lion so now?

Unite koh divide ni!

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Lagoon0: 1:31pm On Feb 06, 2021
12inchess:

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was not disgraced by Ganduje. He exited like a true King should. If a king cannot tell truth to FG and the Governor then that King is useless. Otherwise what are we according you all that respect for if you will go and respresent us wrongly.

This Ooni is representing Yoruba people wrongly. Obas don't usually go to visit anybody but even if you must go, it must be for a clear and concrete mission that we will see the immediate returns right after. The Oil blocs and favors he is receiving from Abuja must have blocked his throat. In fact like someone already said, if the matter was actually as important as it is, he shouldn't have gone alone but in the midst of two or three other imporant Yoruba Obas e.g Alaafin etc. I'm sure he did not even take counsel from the older obas because they would have given him better advice than this. He is now looking like a novice who doesn't understand anything. This is why a smaller oba is now dragging him on BBC.

It would be hard to convince anyone about this his secret meeting with Buhari without witnesses that it wasn't for personal favors.

The main point is that Yorubas are tired of Fulani herdsmen wahala. It's not by force to eat meat. We'd rather keep our lives and live on ogufe and chicken.

PS: Just to add and for context for people here who don't understand Yoruba traditions. Sunday Igboho apologized. Yen yen yen. In Yoruba land, we don't insult elders that is a fact. If an elder is doing anyhow and deserves heavy insults, then you dish it out to him hot hot. Then apologize later. That doesn't take anything away from the original insult. Sunday Igboho knew what he was doing.
Oni goofed big time , people should spare us the hypocritical defense of the grave mistakes of the oni due to selfish gains.

Why not send a message to the government through media.

We dont have time for all this defense . he's continuous attempt to defend himself shows he really flopped

6 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Fabulousl0l(m): 1:31pm On Feb 06, 2021
Bighead5, my good yoruba Muslim friend
Hope you're OK?

I'm remembering you in my prayers
Leave the Igbos and fight for your people, what happened in kwara will soon reach All yoruba land

Bruh, fight for your people

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by InvertedHammer: 1:33pm On Feb 06, 2021
/
The battle finally got to their doorsteps and that has curbed their fixation on IPOB and MNK. Nigeria never fails to disappoint. The evil you support usually finds way to boomerang and consume the supporters. MNK has the last laugh. He warned them and they called him a war-monger. This is sad but funny in a way. Some folks can only learn the hard way. Voting for Fulani doesn’t guarantee immunity to slaughter after all.

Inside life!
/

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Masterito(m): 1:34pm On Feb 06, 2021
DELIVER WHICH STRONG MESSAGE? HE WENT TO PLEAD BUT IT DIDN'T WORK.
seunmsg:

He went to Aso rock to deliver a very strong message from the region to the president. Stop talking about what you know nothing about.

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by elgramz: 1:35pm On Feb 06, 2021
GofuckYourself:

It's been long I came across one like you.

Such a dark spirit you dark.

So dark.

You should not be here.

Your deeds cloak your astral frame like a thick furcoat

I hope it is worth it to you.

Good day
Baba oh, please help me check my own oh.
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Lagoon0: 1:36pm On Feb 06, 2021
demolinka:
I no believe all dis one jare. Most likely made up by some mischief makers armed with data. How a whole monarch go tell Ọọni say "let me bust your brain"? If I hear!

The Ọọni did right by going to consult with Buhari on the raging issue of herdsmen's menace. He couldn't have singlehandedly asked yoruba to take up arms against fulani herdsmen, and their families by extension. Hate their activities as I do, this is the only home some of them know and will ever know. Even Alaafin won't make that call of his subjects. No be 17th century we dey na.

Hopefully we'll resolve the issue soon and herdsmen will stop open grazing and embrace the government's NLTP... otherwise we'll resort to self-help.

Ogbeni there are many ways to resolve this without going to aso rock. Deploy Yoruba delegate to warn all seriki in every state.

Call the Yoruba governor forum to look into the matter. But this one came back from close door meeting at aso rock and started criticizing Sunday igboho. Thats cowardice

7 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Emmatech71(m): 1:36pm On Feb 06, 2021
Designsking:
Kudos to the Fulani Herdsmen men

I know you're mad already.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by lagonovo: 1:37pm On Feb 06, 2021
The Ooni should have had better sense of history. Why go to such a meeting all alone? Covid ko... Buhari received at least 3 different delegations that same day on other issues. The recent Oonis have always been government apologists, truth be told. One was even an active politician under Awolowo while the immediate past one spearheaded the betrayal of June 12 by selling out in Abuja and was openly disgraced at Unilag in 1994.

The ones that always switch to the side of the people regardless of what they might lose are the Awujale of Ijebu and the Alaafin of Oyo. They easily oppose the government of the day openly. Most of the others just keep quiet to avoid trouble for self-preservation.

Anyone twisting history by telling you otherwise is just a shameless liar protecting an agenda. Know the background as you fight the enemies so you don't get disappointed and discouraged.

11 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Codes151(m): 1:39pm On Feb 06, 2021
So na for aso rock them Dey plan person!?
Nigeria and stupid Leaders.

So aso rock na Fulani safe house. ??

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Lagoon0: 1:40pm On Feb 06, 2021
seunmsg:

He went to Aso rock to deliver a very strong message from the region to the president. Stop talking about what you know nothing about.
Lol deliver strong message through close door meeting? cheesy joke of the century .

What happened to the media ?
What I so secret about the strong message that the affected Yoruba people don't need to know about?

So after the strong message the next thing is to criticize Sunday igboho ?

We're tried of tho joke, this Is 21st century

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Heavy Security As Pro-Tinubu Protesters Storm EU Secretariat / Pictures Of Top Nigeria Politicians In Suit / Muhammadu Buhari Vs E. A Adeboye: A Nigerian Compares Their Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.