Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,486 members, 7,812,509 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies (51289 Views)

How To Buy Bitcoin & Other Cryptocurrencies With Luno: The Complete Guide / Godwin Emefiele: 13 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About CBN Governor / Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by femijay8271(m): 5:59pm On Feb 06, 2021
Dorlarphor10:
Do you know with the new CBN policy, you will not be able to deposit Naira to exchange for crypto again but the good news is that we have PayPal. You can now receive and send money through your PayPal account. DM me and let me guide you on how to achieve that. This is legit, no need of VPN, no fear of blockage of account.

how can I open a PayPal account bro?
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Bunsenbun(m): 6:01pm On Feb 06, 2021
datola:

4 . Cryptocurrency has been banned in Nigeria, China, Bolivia, Nepal , Bangladesh, Ecuador, Morocco and Iran.

The bolded speaks volume.

Also in some parts of US
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by SmartPolician: 6:01pm On Feb 06, 2021
Molahnelson:
It has a consensus mechanism

It use hashing algorithm

It is distributed Ledger technology

Sure, it's built on Distributed Ledger Technology. Yes, that's another name for blockchain technology.

Cryptocurrencies are used to make payments/move funds in the dark web and encourage opening of offshore accounts. That's why many governments consider it a huge threat.

I am a "Bitcoin hodler" though
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Toks2008(m): 6:02pm On Feb 06, 2021
OneKinGuy:
Noticed how poor countries are the once banning Bitcoin?

Not just poor countries but those with authoritarian backward thinking leaders.

SMH!

Let the dealers just operate it codedly
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by kellybently(m): 6:24pm On Feb 06, 2021
femijay8271:

which kind wahala be dis enh?

Sell for me. I go buy .
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Seyzcham91(m): 6:27pm On Feb 06, 2021
grin
inoki247:
Just say we should start rearing Cow..

Let's Embrace Cowtocurrency...

Me I sha know on Judgement day when people get to heaven Gbas Gbos go shele dat Angel wey dey direct people to Nigeria go get issue.....
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by privaldo: 6:27pm On Feb 06, 2021
[quote author=beardedboy post=98804494]

Imagine this!
Meaning that the guys behind btc are mining people's wealth steady.

Personally, I think Nigeria has done well to ban btc. A country battling with cybercrime and embezzlement should stay far away from a cryptic system that makes it difficult to track the owners of wealth.

These jargons are the main reason why I dislike the stuff.

Many people doing bitcoin trading sef don't know how it works. They only follow the crowd.

If you don't understand the terms get yourself educated or stay away from it, nobody is forcing it on you leave it for those who understand it.
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 06, 2021
Officialhorlah:

https://punchng.com/five-things-you-didnt-know-about-bitcoin-other-cryptocurrencies/

Sorry, you have not stated anything special to assume nobody knew.
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by johnbuck81(m): 6:29pm On Feb 06, 2021
SavageMaster:
Instead of trading bitcoin, why not buy and hold it for some years.
that's the secret...just invest and forget about it for a while.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by princillin: 6:29pm On Feb 06, 2021
Dagger111:
Pls, i have 4 Bitcoin, who is interested in buying for God's sake. This ain't a joke pls.

Ur phone or whatsapp number
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by tesstess(f): 6:30pm On Feb 06, 2021

Me I sha know on Judgement day when people get to heaven Gbas Gbos go shele dat Angel wey dey direct people to Nigeria go get issue.....[/quote]

Chai! You funny, I swear
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by privaldo: 6:31pm On Feb 06, 2021
SmartyPants:

China, Iran and Morrocco are not poor. But Whats your point?

So, a struggling Iran is wealthy nothing I won't see on Seun's Nairaland.
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Drone95(m): 6:32pm On Feb 06, 2021
Government high on cow dung!
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by photon3106: 6:36pm On Feb 06, 2021
inoki247:

Me I sha know on Judgement day when people get to heaven Gbas Gbos go shele dat Angel wey dey direct people to Nigeria go get issue.....

LOLZ!
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by femijay8271(m): 6:40pm On Feb 06, 2021
kellybently:

Sell for me. I go buy .
how pls?
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by biafranrealson: 6:42pm On Feb 06, 2021
just look at the backward countries we are following their footsteps

suaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
i hate this country with passion
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by princillin: 6:43pm On Feb 06, 2021
Abeg who get Ethereum to sell i wan buy.i serious oh.. call 09064285433 ...
Them no ban peer to peer transfer...they only ban banks from funding deposit or transfer from visa card or mastercard to cryptocurrencies.
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by LINTUNE(m): 6:49pm On Feb 06, 2021
bareal:
The countries that banned cryptos have one thing in common, Poverty!!!
including China?

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by startbiz2020: 6:51pm On Feb 06, 2021
I will buy it drop your WhatsApp.
Dagger111:
Pls, i have 4 Bitcoin, who is interested in buying for God's sake. This ain't a joke pls.
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by SmartyPants(m): 6:53pm On Feb 06, 2021
privaldo:

So, a struggling Iran is wealthy nothing I won't see on Seun's Nairaland.

Is wealthy the only other economic status apart from poor? You need a class in logic.

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by freemi(m): 6:54pm On Feb 06, 2021
Molahnelson:
It has a consensus mechanism

It use hashing algorithm

It is distributed Ledger technology
wonder what all that means
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Molahnelson(m): 6:54pm On Feb 06, 2021
40k usd btc today because of Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Molahnelson(m): 6:56pm On Feb 06, 2021
freemi:
wonder what all that means

Blockchain that what it means
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by privaldo: 6:58pm On Feb 06, 2021
SmartyPants:

Is wealthy the only other economic status apart from poor? You need a class in logic.

Please teach me I want to learn. You were wrong in your assertion instead of learning, you are trying to act "smart".
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by SmartyPants(m): 6:59pm On Feb 06, 2021
privaldo:

Please teach me I want to learn.

No. Go online and google logic. There are abundant resources available. Good day.
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by privaldo: 7:00pm On Feb 06, 2021
SmartyPants:

No. Go online and google logic. There are abundant resources available. Good day.

No, I would like to learn from an aficionado such as you.
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by MoneyTrees(m): 7:04pm On Feb 06, 2021
You're a bonifide citizen of this zoo country
& Like your leader, you're clueless angry

beardedboy:

Imagine this!
Meaning that the guys behind btc are mining people's wealth steady.

Personally, I think Nigeria has done well to ban btc. A country battling with cybercrime and embezzlement should stay far away from a cryptic system that makes it difficult to track the owners of wealth.

These jargons are the main reason why I dislike the stuff.

Many people doing bitcoin trading sef don't know how it works. They only follow the crowd.
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by femifemi1(m): 7:05pm On Feb 06, 2021
The same jargon people thought they saw when Internet came and tagged rubbish by shallow minded people. The same internet helping them to type rubbish on various online platforms.

Cryptocurrency will look like rubbish now until it becomes your only link to getting paid for your daily wages which many are born to collect.

Thoughts are real forces...and it shapes your future.

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Sirwallace(m): 7:12pm On Feb 06, 2021
mach7:
Interesting information.

No 6. Elon Musk likes Crypto grin

Not only Elon.

Jack of twitter and big tech tycoons love it like mad.

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Toxay(m): 7:21pm On Feb 06, 2021
Dagger111:

I buy at a very good rate.
This is my whatsapp number.
You get your money instantly
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by kechywillz(m): 7:27pm On Feb 06, 2021
My question now is,the existing bit coin,would it still work? Another is if i want to sell my bitcoin and change to dollars,does it mean I have to travel to Ghana in other to get the money
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by daniecrown06(m): 7:29pm On Feb 06, 2021
bareal:
The countries that banned cryptos have one thing in common, Poverty!!!
So China is poor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aurthur Eze Dances To His Favourite Song At His Mansion. Photos/vide / Business Name Registration In Nigeria / Ayiri Emami, His Mother, Wife Asba And Children Hang Out Together (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.