Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,570 members, 7,812,843 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies (51293 Views)

How To Buy Bitcoin & Other Cryptocurrencies With Luno: The Complete Guide / Godwin Emefiele: 13 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About CBN Governor / Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by afroxyz: 2:06am On Feb 08, 2021
mrfreestuff:

US is not Nigeria and they don't change their local currency to USD and when their merchants recieve the funds to buy Bitcoins, they don't ship the funds in millions of USD to a foreign country first for a certain period before repatriating it back to the USA.

The average American does not pick up the social cost of the crypto business by paying more to buy USD and even imported goods and services inside their own country.

But for the wisdom and vigilance of CBN, we would have devalued naira again twice or more this year as the demand for USD to buy Bitcoin kept surging with the pressure on the naira to mop up the hard earned and dwindling USD inflows into the country.

Its obvious you don't know how BTC works. So if i want to buy BTC, i would first buy dollars then change to BTC? When there is binance? That BTC is pegged to the dollar does not mean you change to dollars. Even if i want to tow the line of argument, what about remmittances from BTC? Naira that has devalued over 300% from 2015, na BTC cause am?
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by mrfreestuff: 3:38am On Feb 08, 2021
afroxyz:

Its obvious you don't know how BTC works. So if i want to buy BTC, i would first buy dollars then change to BTC? When there is binance? That BTC is pegged to the dollar does not mean you change to dollars. Even if i want to tow the line of argument, what about remmittances from BTC? Naira that has devalued over 300% from 2015, na BTC cause am?

Please don't stress yourself again. It is not important again as the CBN policy has already taken effect .

At least, we now know why only you understand it but all of us including FBI, CBN, US treasury office do not yet understand it wink
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Charles4000(m): 7:18am On Feb 08, 2021
Me watching the worst economic crisis... coming closer and closer..... why them born me for this country self...?
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by arcdone(m): 11:01am On Feb 08, 2021
Hello my fellow Nigerians, Great pioneers and future millionaires..

The banning of cryptocurrency dealings through banks by our CBN is a stepping stone for us in pi network, a blessing in disguise.
Wanna know how?
Yes..! It is true that Nekamoto Satoshi introduced a peer to peer payment system without the indulgence of the government but did he actually achieve it?
It is true he conceived the idea of a decentralised payment system but how come this banning is affecting us so much? Did he attain his supposed dream? Should what happened to we Nigerians and Indians happen to every country of the world, then sadly, the quest for cryptocurrency will gradually die. Yes. If we remember what Warren Buffet said about cryptocurrency.. That cryptocurrency has no value because it cannot buy anything except you selling it to another and another selling it to another.

Now tell me how many shops openly accept cryptocurrency? How many shops accept tron, ethereum, stellar, ripples? If not for exchanges, how do you think we would have succeeded even before this ban? Since we know that it is a fearful thing to involve in peer to peer buying and selling of cryptocurrency. What if they flee with our money after paying for the coin or what if they flee with our coin after transferring them the money? Unfortunately, we have gone back to the era that before you buy or sell crypto, you must look for a trustworthy buyer or seller who transfers you the money or coin since we can't withdraw or buy directly to and fro our debit and credit cards..

Pay attention..

Pi network is the only hope. It is now glaring that Dr. Nicolas is the actual innovator of modern day monetary system by creating an ecosystem where you don't need to convert your pi money to fiat currency before spending it which supersedes the model of Nekamoto Satoshi. Right here in pi network, we won't be needing exchanges to convert pi money. We can directly buy almost everything with our pi coin. This is why the core team is fighting tooth and nail for the creation of utilities all over the world.
This is also why mining didn't end at 10million engaged pioneers. This is also the reason we need billions of people in pi network because pi network will be a global crypto that won't derive its value only when you sell to another but you will use it to buy from almost every malls. Don't forget, we are trying to change the narrative of money. The government can't stop the people. They only had the power now because we are still attracted to their centralized fiat but now that medium has been blocked, the only way is PI NETWORK.

HOW?
The only reason we need money or raw cash is to be able to purchase our needs right?
Tell me what will happen when crypto dealers can't change their money to Fiat currency because of the ban but they can change it to pi because pi can buy almost everything? Let's be critical.. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency may fall because they will be dumping it for pi coin that can buy anything and anywhere. More utilities and ecology will be created because many traders would want to own pi money by selling off their goods. This is another reason pi should continue mining because the coins we have right now won't be enough for everyone especially for people like me that wants to use just 30% of my total earnings and keep the rest for my generation as inheritance. �

Have you ever thought of this...?
Imagine if pi halves and halves to zero, imagine if 50 million people join pi network, they won't be able to mine up to a thousand pi coin. This will force many to buy. Now, imagine the scarcity of pi when 50million people are buying from 12M pioneers... Imagine the rush... Imagine when all the apps like all the apps you use and spend money in will be made available in pi network where you spend only pi?

For this reason, let's thank Dr. Nicolas and the hardworking core team for this insight and also thank our government for digging the early grave of Naira. Just sadly enough that pi network is not yet launched, we would have experience the massive influx of crypto dealers because Nigeria is the largest cryptocurrency market in Africa.

Fret not. Always think positive.
Happy Mining

Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Markapela77: 4:25pm On Feb 08, 2021
U are learning how to create a Bitcoin wallet or what are u saying
musicproducer:
i was learning from someone who makes a living of it, u happy now.
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Dagger111(m): 8:24pm On Feb 08, 2021
kmaster007:
how much re you selling btc

18M per 1
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Sunrise258: 8:57am On Feb 09, 2021
Hedonini:
I already knew these five things. Tell me something else I didn't know.

Lubbish.

You're from Anambra?!
Lol...
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by kmaster007: 12:49pm On Feb 09, 2021
Dagger111:

18M per 1
you mean 18 wetin. oboi
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Dagger111(m): 6:51am On Feb 11, 2021
kmaster007:
you mean 18 wetin. oboi

Yeah..... I sold 2 already, i av 1 left.
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by kellybently(m): 5:48pm On Feb 11, 2021
femijay8271:

how pls?

In light of the recent circular from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) advising financial institutions to close bank accounts held by cryptocurrency service providers, Luno has been forced to disable all Naira withdrawals and deposits.

We’re very sorry that we weren’t able to inform you of this in advance, but we did not receive the prior warning that we needed from our payment partners. If you’ve already requested a withdrawal, we unfortunately cannot guarantee that it will be processed. If it is not processed, it will be returned to your wallet.

Please be assured that your funds are completely safe and we are working hard to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. This is an ongoing situation, so please check the status page for updates. We’ll keep you informed of all incoming developments as soon as we receive further information.

There are two options you can take at this point:

Store and trade your cryptocurrency with Luno until the situation is resolved. You can continue to use all your account features as normal, with the exception of depositing and withdrawing Naira. If you’re concerned about the volatility of your cryptocurrency, you can move your cryptocurrency into USDC.
Send your cryptocurrency to a different wallet address. You can still send your cryptocurrency to wallets on other platforms. However, we would strongly recommend that you do not send your cryptocurrency to strangers offering to withdraw your cryptocurrency for you, as they may be trying to scam you.

Luno has always worked closely with regulators in Africa and all regions in which we operate, and will continue working with the CBN and others to find a solution. Nigeria’s regulators have taken a pragmatic and forward-looking approach to cryptocurrency in the past and we’re confident that this issue can be resolved quickly, so that Nigeria can continue to play a central role in the growth of cryptocurrency.

Team Luno
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by kellybently(m): 5:48pm On Feb 11, 2021
femijay8271:

how pls?

In light of the recent circular from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) advising financial institutions to close bank accounts held by cryptocurrency service providers, Luno has been forced to disable all Naira withdrawals and deposits.

We’re very sorry that we weren’t able to inform you of this in advance, but we did not receive the prior warning that we needed from our payment partners. If you’ve already requested a withdrawal, we unfortunately cannot guarantee that it will be processed. If it is not processed, it will be returned to your wallet.

Please be assured that your funds are completely safe and we are working hard to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. This is an ongoing situation, so please check the status page for updates. We’ll keep you informed of all incoming developments as soon as we receive further information.

There are two options you can take at this point:

Store and trade your cryptocurrency with Luno until the situation is resolved. You can continue to use all your account features as normal, with the exception of depositing and withdrawing Naira. If you’re concerned about the volatility of your cryptocurrency, you can move your cryptocurrency into USDC.
Send your cryptocurrency to a different wallet address. You can still send your cryptocurrency to wallets on other platforms. However, we would strongly recommend that you do not send your cryptocurrency to strangers offering to withdraw your cryptocurrency for you, as they may be trying to scam you.

Luno has always worked closely with regulators in Africa and all regions in which we operate, and will continue working with the CBN and others to find a solution. Nigeria’s regulators have taken a pragmatic and forward-looking approach to cryptocurrency in the past and we’re confident that this issue can be resolved quickly, so that Nigeria can continue to play a central role in the growth of cryptocurrency.

Team Luno
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by 7lives: 6:10pm On Feb 11, 2021
SavageMaster:
Instead of trading bitcoin, why not buy and hold it for some years.

Your head too correct.

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by MrCodeSolo: 7:46pm On Feb 11, 2021
If CBN like may dey turn our banks to milking cattle network.....don't know about you....but as for me, I'm using 2021 to invest heavily on cryptos and hold and study the trend with keen dedication....in 2030, one bitoga go surge reach 1m or over 300k in dollars fit be him all time low...

These are the coins I have in mind to invest & monitor...
Tron, ripple, xmr & Eth too....since him Sabi chase after bitoga for back...
These coins I mentioned above get strong and purpose-driven technology and large investor-community behind them and if you follow their news updates them fit hit over 400% in value within d next 5-7 Christmas...my prediction SHA...it's never too late to start ooo...my regrets be say I bin know when Eth na 8.5k naira 2016..and 5yrs e don climb reach over 800k naira in value... O boy no dulling...the future needs assurance no doubts....it's important to bear in mind the volatile nature of cryptos, but if you are in it for the long haul, it will definitely stake up in high RIO
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Hassanmaye(m): 2:32pm On Feb 12, 2021
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by freemi(m): 2:00pm On Feb 13, 2021
Molahnelson:

Blockchain that what it means
can I buy and sell btc using d blockchain how do get one pls
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Molahnelson(m): 2:17pm On Feb 13, 2021
freemi:
can I buy and sell btc using d blockchain how do get one pls

google about that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aurthur Eze Dances To His Favourite Song At His Mansion. Photos/vide / Business Name Registration In Nigeria / Ayiri Emami, His Mother, Wife Asba And Children Hang Out Together (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.