Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,744 members, 7,959,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:02 PM

Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper (4700 Views)

Okada Rider Rapes A 14-Year-Old Girl (Pictured) / Secondary School Boy Rapes A 5yrear Old Girl. / Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by gazilion: 11:03am On Apr 06, 2011
A member of the National Youth Service Corps (name withheld), on Tuesday accused the Alowa of Ilowa, Oba Bukola Alli, of raping her in Osogbo, Osun State capital, on Friday, March 25, 2011. She alleged that the monarch raped her without using a condom. The corps member, who was at a press conference with the state Director of NYSC, Mr. Etim Enyenihi, at the NYSC secretariat, Osogbo, refused to talk to journalists but narrated her experience in a statement written in long hand. The lady said she got acquainted with the monarch, who is in his 50s, during the last voters’ registration exercise in Ilowa, a community near Ilesa. She said, “I was coming back from my place of primary assignment, which is a school, when the monarch pulled up by my side. He was in company with a boy, who I mistook for his son. He told me to join them. “We got to Ilowa, where he told me that he wanted me to be the computer facilitator of a computer programme he was planning for the community – that was after telling him I am computer literate. “We drew a plan on the format of the form and registration of pupils. The programme was subsequently announced in Ilowa schools and throughout the community. “On Friday, March 25, 2011, I came to the computer centre and found some pupils and some community members seated. I introduced the programme to them and gave them forms, which I later collected from them. After all was done, I dismissed the pupils and told the oba that I wanted to leave.”

The corps member said the Alowa “proffered to drop me off but on getting to the place of my primary assignment, he sped past, telling me that we have to go to Osogbo together so that I could enter names of the pupils into the computer in Osogbo, adding that we also had some other issues to discuss.” According to the 23-year-old lady, “Before we got to Osogbo, he said there was something he wanted to show me at Osun Grove. We toured the place together and left for his Osogbo residence.” She said the monarch’s housemaid served her orange juice and food, which she initially turned down because it was getting late but later accepted when the Alowa promised to drop her off at her place of primary assignment in Ilowa.

She added, “He had a visitor, who later left, and I told him I wanted to leave too. He said he would not allow me risk travelling late and that I should pass the night at his residence. He went inside and pulled off his shirt, came back to the room, and started caressing me. I got up and excused myself. “He said he must have his way with me or I should kill him, stressing that I made a fool of him for a long time by turning down all his offers. Prior to this, he had offered to take me out for shopping and also to take me on a trip to Ghana, which I declined.” She said the monarch followed her everywhere inside his residence, eventually leading her into a room and “immediately pulled his trousers and started forcing at my underpants and clothes. When I was nude, I pleaded with him but he threatened to soak my clothes in water.”

The lady said that at a point the monarch left her in the room having been frustrated by her resistance, giving her the opportunity to lock herself inside the room. “He later came back banging at the door, trying to force it open. I saw my phone on his bed and I sent a text to my pastor and our Corps Liaison Officer, asking them to call the police,” she said. The lady said the monarch asked her to pass the key to him through a little opening on top of the door, threatening that “if he should break open the door, the worst is going to happen to me. He said he was going to show me his mad side. “When he got in, he said I was mad and that I should go to the room, where he had stripped me naked. I pleaded that I was naked but he said I should go there, promising that he will not touch me. When I went there, I was kneeling down, crying and pleading with him but he laid on me forcefully. When I screamed, he said nobody will hear me. When he was done, he went into his room, had his bath and dressed up. I told him to go and drop me. “He dropped me off and on getting home, I called the Corps Liaison Officer and the local government Inspector, who took me to the police station in Obokun, where I narrated the incident.”

Enyenihi , who later fielded questions from the journalists, said the Director General of the NYSC, Brig.- Gen. Ismaila Tsiga, has urged the police to investigate and prosecute the monarch.
The monarch declined to comment when contacted by our correspondent. The Head, Criminal Investigation Bureau, in the command, Mr. Gbola Adeyemi, said investigations into the case had commenced. Adeyemi, who spoke in a telephone interview with our correspondent on Tuesday, said, “The case is already in court. We have arraigned him at the magistrate’s court already,” adding that the monarch was arrested and detained before he was arraigned in court.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201104064391870
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by beeman80: 11:56am On Apr 06, 2011
Are we sure this is not a setup? Besides y did she follow the Monarch in the first place?

1 Like

Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 06, 2011
An innocent person would follow her "supposed" boss. Is he not the one who gave her that job?

He is a damn criminal but doesn't surprise me one bit with these powerful men thinking that they are above the law.
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by SexyDuby(f): 12:27pm On Apr 06, 2011
Wat a sad story! D BEAST MUST BE PUNISHED AFTER MUCH INVESTIGATION
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by obowunmi(m): 12:31pm On Apr 06, 2011
Two questions:

Was she a virgin ? Is she pregnant ?

The man had no right to touch her but I'm sure she thought hanging out in a king's palace was kool. Many women in Nigeria are r.aped daily --- another statistic.
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 06, 2011
He will surely bribe someone and all will be ok. . . . . Maybe even hand over some cash to damsel and she will quickly recant her claim. That's how poverty affect the communities!
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 06, 2011
@obowunmi
Would that make the fact that she was rape any different, if she was a virgin/pregnant?

1 Like

Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by obowunmi(m): 12:39pm On Apr 06, 2011
They say kings like virgins and virgin blood --- she may have become the wife of a king that night --- but if she's not a virgin then he has no use for her and marriage offer will automatically be detracted.

Looking at this more culturally, once again, gives no one the right to r.ape. But I'm sure she felt comfortable with him to go hang at his house and drink orange juice. I don't want to say the story is one-sided, but if I felt uncomfortable with someone, I won't go inside their house to start drinking orange juice --- what if he poisoned her and wanted to use her for rituals ?
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by wendybaby(f): 12:41pm On Apr 06, 2011
obowunmi:

Two questions:

Was she a virgin ? Is she pregnant ?

The man had no right to touch her but I'm sure she thought hanging out in a king's palace was kool. Many women in Nigeria are r.aped daily --- another statistic.
your questions are immaterial at this time.  Mind you, she did not 'hang out'.  She was on official outing with her boss.  Justice must be carried out irrespective of class!
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 06, 2011
^^ you wouldn't go to your boss home?! So what would you do? Jump out of a moving car?! By the look of the story, he tricked her into getting to his house. There were many who saw her there so she shouldn't have had any fear to have a drink.

Going to a man's house (even a stranger) and having a drink is NOT an invitation to get raped or even that she wants anything sexual with him.
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 06, 2011
^^ that was for Obonwunmi
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by gazilion: 12:56pm On Apr 06, 2011
she said "she sent an sms to her pastor and CLO". All these should be investigated by the police and the report made public.
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 06, 2011
Yeap and since she went straight from there to police, it shouldn't be too hard to investigate(question the maid/friend who was there etc).

Do they even have ra.pe victim unit in 9ja where they can take swabs and compare dna etc?!
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by obowunmi(m): 4:59pm On Apr 06, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

Going to a man's house (even a stranger) and having a drink is NOT an invitation to get violated or even that she wants anything sexual with him.

If he didn't rape her and just poisoned her, and she died or used her body for sacrifice--- what else ? If your work hours are over, you have every right to decline invitations to a boss house ---
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 06, 2011
^^^Yes, I understand that, when work is over, you have the right to say no but if you accept to work for this individual, and you have nothing to suspect about his person then getting into his car is not a problem (especially when he said he was gonna drive her home)

If you truly suspect everyone to be trying to poison you or as ritualists then you should never leave your home. Yes they are out there but that shouldn't stop you from living your life fully.
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 06, 2011
Once a[b] rap ist[/b]   - - -- - -- - --

The bas tard should face the law. What a ladder leader  angry
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by francisj(m): 8:05pm On Apr 06, 2011
na wa oooohhh, i pity u ooo, crying and pleading and the IDIOT,will not let go
Dont worry corp gal , theGod will avenge 4 ya, even if 9ja law does not catch the fool .
I know such case in 9ja at time disappear below the carpet considering the personality involved
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by Nobody: 1:36am On Apr 08, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by aloyemeka1: 1:02am On Apr 09, 2011
[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=vxlaqYUVMWOzSGhOQRDUXi6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxRp5oOY9ClbY$JQrF2wGTkFnW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]

See the raapist Oba

Police investigate Osun king over rape allegation
By Bamigbola Gbolagunte
April 6, 2011 02:33AM
print email

Police have started investigation of a traditional ruler in Osun State, the Alowa of Ilowa in Obokun Local Government Area of the state, Adebukola Alli, following allegation of rape levelled against him by a youth corps member serving in his domain.

The 23-year-old corps member, in a petition to the state secretariat of the National Youth Service Corps in Osogbo, narrated how the monarch allegedly violated her at his residence in Osogbo.

The victim, who is currently serving at a community school in Ilowa, where the monarch rules, alleged that Mr Alli forced her into his private room where he defiled her.

The petition reads, in part: "I was raped by the Alowa of Ilowa on Friday, March 25. Before then, I had been introduced to the monarch during the last INEC registration exercise.

"One day, on my way from the school, Oba Alli gave me a ride and told me that he wanted me to be a computer facilitator for the schools in the community. That was after he got to know that I was computer literate and we drew a plan on the format the assignment would take." She explained that she later had a session with the students and after introducing the system to them, the traditional ruler offered to take her back to school. But instead of dropping her at the school, he reportedly took her to his residence in Osogbo, a few kilometers to her place of primary assignment.

"He said I should not worry, that he would bring me back home and eventually we arrived at his residence in Osogbo where he entertained me. It was getting late and I wanted to go home as he started to caress me. I got up begging him, but he turned down my pleas," she stated.

She explained further that the monarch later stripped her and went outside to soak her clothes, stressing that before he came back, she had locked the door.

Police probe

She further stated that the threat by the monarch to kill her, should he force the door open, made her to open it and he consequently entered the room where she was allegedly raped.

Efforts made to speak with the traditional ruler failed, as he could not be contacted as the time of this report.

But the state coordinator of the NYSC, Henry Enyenihi, said the matter had been reported to the police as well as the national secretariat of the NYSC in Abuja. Mr Enyenihi, in an interview with newsmen yesterday, said the NYSC Director General, Maharazu Tsiga had already briefed a lawyer to pursue the matter.

"It is sad that a monarch who is expected to play the role of a parent to the young corps member, is himself violating her womanhood," he said.

Although Olusegun Solomon, the state's Commissioner of Police is currently on election duty outside the state, but a senior police officer confirmed the report.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5687621-146/story.csp
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by francisj(m): 10:10am On Apr 09, 2011
@ aloy/emeka

O boy u do well, May God bless for unveiling the pix of the he-goat,
hope the election period will soon b over and the police will bring the goat to book
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 09, 2011
she may have become the wife of a king that night

that's possible.

i think she needs to run away from there and hide because the outcome could turn deadly if care isnt taken.

hopefully it wont get to that level.

hide as in do it properly.
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by francisj(m): 5:44pm On Apr 09, 2011
Rape: Osun king ‘ll not go free – NYSC DG
By J.A, Abuja
Friday, 8 Apr 2011

The Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brig.Gen. Maharazu Tsiga, has vowed that the Alowa of Ilowa in Osun State; Oba Adebukola Alli, who allegedly raped a corps member in Osogbo will not go free.

Tsiga said this while fielding questions from journalists in Abuja, on Thursday.

The DG said it was sad that a traditional ruler who was a member of the Security Council saddled with the responsibility of protecting corps members would descend to that level of criminality.

He said the NYSC family was grieved by the alleged indiscretions of the royal father who was supposed to be a custodian of the culture of the people.

Tsiga said, “We heard the report. My coordinator called, the corps member also phoned me.

“It is most unfortunate that a traditional ruler, who the law gives the authority to protect corps members in times of crisis, could (allegedly) commit such atrocity. The law makes it clear that corps members should seek refuge in traditional rulers’ houses when there is crisis in their places of primary assignment.

“She respected him as a father and a traditional ruler. I want to state that, if it happened the way we received it, it is unfortunate.

“No matter the kind of judgment that the court gives, we are maintaining our position.

“We have already written to the National Assembly, informing them about it, we’ve written to government and organisations that are gender-sensitive to inform them about what happened.

“We have sent the report to our ministry so that this ugly trend that is rearing its ugly head in our society is curtailed. If you give your child to somebody and say keep her for me, it is unfortunate that the same man will turn around and abuse the child.

“It is most unfortunate, we are going to take it very seriously, and he must be sanctioned.”

grin grin
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 09, 2011
he cant make such statements until the matter has been investigated though.
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by donjon: 5:09pm On Apr 11, 2011
See wetin agro dey cause?
My guyz, abeg if 1 fish doesnt nibble ur bait, anoda 1 will! U just have to set ur hook in the right waters!
Why rush wat you can savour?

I detest rape & rapists.
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by anointedf(m): 1:40pm On Jun 15, 2011
Like play, like play the guy dey go jail be that o.
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by gazilion: 4:14pm On May 21, 2013
anointed_f: Like play, like play the guy dey go jail be that o.

wetin be the update on this case please..
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by MekT(m): 2:10am On May 22, 2013
Konji na bastardt...
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by Darkson007: 9:04am On May 22, 2013
The case has been seriously investigated and it was gathered that the Monarch whose town is Ilowa somewhere near Ilesha,did write a book which pondered on the superiority of his seat has compared to the seat of the Oba of Ilesha.According to the book Oba Boukola reflected and gave insight on how the Ilesha land was given to the Ileshas by the Ilowas in the days of old.However in present day, the Oba of Ilesha is being seen has more superior, more so in the Council of Obas.In retaliation to this book,the Oba of Ilesha decided to set his "lesser" Oba up by paying the youth corper to tarnish the Oba of Ilowa's image.Observation will disclose to you that a Yoruba lady could not accept to do this demeaning act hence the use of an Eastern lady who of course has no idea of the Yoruba Culture and intrigues, to commit this atrocity.Eye witnesses revealed that the lady in question who is seriously regretting her action was indeed the girlfriend of the Oba as they have been seen together in the past at his mansion in Oshogbo where she used to pass the night.
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by Nobody: 11:15am On May 22, 2013
Many yoruba kings are becoming useless. They have already disrespected themselves.was it not the other time that one stewpeed akure king raped a corper,another one in another state was beaten blue black by his community members.

Abi because we have passed the era of oba gbesele obinrin that is why yoruba obas are raping corpers up and dow.,they are not man enough too woo a female.smh.mshewww.no wonder many youths no longer have respect for elders again igbati won ba agba ninu langbalangba.repulsive to say the least.mshewwww
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by Nobody: 11:20am On May 22, 2013
Darkson007: The case has been seriously investigated and it was gathered that the Monarch whose town is Ilowa somewhere near Ilesha,did write a book which pondered on the superiority of his seat has compared to the seat of the Oba of Ilesha.According to the book Oba Boukola reflected and gave insight on how the Ilesha land was given to the Ileshas by the Ilowas in the days of old.However in present day, the Oba of Ilesha is being seen has more superior, more so in the Council of Obas.In retaliation to this book,the Oba of Ilesha decided to set his "lesser" Oba up by paying the youth corper to tarnish the Oba of Ilowa's image.Observation will disclose to you that a Yoruba lady could not accept to do this demeaning act hence the use of an Eastern lady who of course has no idea of the Yoruba Culture and intrigues, to commit this atrocity.Eye witnesses revealed that the lady in question who is seriously regretting her action was indeed the girlfriend of the Oba as they have been seen together in the past at his mansion in Oshogbo where she used to pass the night.
ok,in case if this is true,where were his oloris when all this incidences were happening,where were his children or was there no one that knew about all this except the eye witnesses
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by gazilion: 3:55pm On May 23, 2013
Darkson007: The case has been seriously investigated and it was gathered that the Monarch whose town is Ilowa somewhere near Ilesha,did write a book which pondered on the superiority of his seat has compared to the seat of the Oba of Ilesha.According to the book Oba Boukola reflected and gave insight on how the Ilesha land was given to the Ileshas by the Ilowas in the days of old.However in present day, the Oba of Ilesha is being seen has more superior, more so in the Council of Obas.In retaliation to this book,the Oba of Ilesha decided to set his "lesser" Oba up by paying the youth corper to tarnish the Oba of Ilowa's image.Observation will disclose to you that a Yoruba lady could not accept to do this demeaning act hence the use of an Eastern lady who of course has no idea of the Yoruba Culture and intrigues, to commit this atrocity.Eye witnesses revealed that the lady in question who is seriously regretting her action was indeed the girlfriend of the Oba as they have been seen together in the past at his mansion in Oshogbo where she used to pass the night.

And you think anyone will buy your views? Please supply us with the source of your story!!
Re: Osun Monarch Rapes A Youth Corper by gazilion: 3:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
This is an update of this post below:

From BAMIGBOLA GBOLAGUNTE, Osogbo

An Osun State High Court sitting in Osogbo yesterday failed to deliver judgment in the case of rape instituted by the state against the Alowa of Ilowa in Obokun Local Government Area of the state, Oba Adebukola Alli following the monarch’s application for extension of time on the judgment.

The monarch was alleged to have raped an ex corps member, Miss Helen Okpara

Justice Oyejide Falola who presided over the court had fixed yesterday for final judgment on the case, but counsel to the monarch, Mr Taofeeq Tewogbade introduced a new twist into the over three-year-old case when he applied for extension of time for judgment to allow further defence on the case.

The court however fixed Tuesday, 2nd July, 2013 for ruling on the application brought by the counsel to the monarch.

In the application, Tewogbade stressed that the position of defence is very sacrosanct in law, and urged the court to allow his client put up more defence in the case before the court determines his fate, saying that he has discovered new issues to raise in his defence.

According to him, section 36 (CB) of the 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria allows for proper defence in any case and provides for extension of time for judgment.

He noted that “there is the need for us to seek for extension of time on the case to allow us defend the case better. There are questions the plaintiff needs to answer. Was the lady in question a virgin before she claimed that she was raped? We also need to know if any exhibit has so far been presented by medical practitioners. These and other questions need to be answered.”

However, Mr. M O Adedokun, a Senior state counsel from the state Ministry of Justice who represented the Director of Public Prosecution insisted that the court should deliver its judgment on the matter, stressing that the case had gone through series of adjournment hence the need for the court dismiss the application for extension of time.

He recalled that the defense counsel had on the 15th of April, 2013 told the court that he needed no more time for defence when the court asked for his position on its decision to deliver judgment on June 4.

Adedokun who filed a counter affidavit stated that “the attitude of the defense counsel is an attempt to frustrate the judgment”, and urged the court to dismiss the application in the interest of justice and fairness.

However, Justice Falola ruled that the case be adjourned till 2nd July, 2013 for ruling on the application before the court.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/rape-of-corps-member-osun-monarch-pleads-for-time/

(1) (2) (Reply)

They Pound His Head Like Fufu,Black Axee And Eiye Cult War - PHOTOS / 10 Most Evil Women In History(with Pictures) / Hushpuppi's Lookalike Spotted In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.