Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire (31381 Views)

Monarch Unleash Terror On Erhurun Uneme Over Limestone Sold To Dangote In Edo / 65-Year-Old Woman Burnt To Death By Cultists In Lagos / One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by eaglechild: 9:22pm On Nov 21, 2013
A traditional ruler, the Alase of Ilase-Ijesa in Obokun Local Government Area of Osun State, Oba Adesina Alobijuwon, has been killed by arsonists who set his palace on fire.

He was said to have been burnt to death Wednesday night in his Palace.

A traditional chief in the town, Chief Oluwagbemiga Oke, who spoke with THISDAY Thursday at the palace said the monarch’s house which was given to him by a prominent indigene of the town got razed by some unknown people who visited the monarch.

He said that the monarch had attended to five guests who came with a pink colour Mazda car before the incident happened. He said “from what we were told, the house got burnt shortly after the people had left.”
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/osun-monarch-dies-as-arsonists-set-palace-on-fire/164934/

4 Likes

Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by nwokeomayola(m): 9:24pm On Nov 21, 2013
okay,RIP
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by Articul8(m): 9:36pm On Nov 21, 2013
Hmmm...dis is crious.Av neva heard dis b4 in my life,dt a monarch was burnt to death in his palace. Wα̲̅†̥ I heard of was a monarch sent on exile. Only God knws Wα̲̅†̥ must av happened.
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by Rad1cal: 11:46pm On Nov 21, 2013
What a terrible news. The people of Obokun need to rise and ensure justice is done to this abominable act.

1 Like

Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by oyedun82(m): 11:58pm On Nov 21, 2013
kayefi
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by israel007: 12:00am On Nov 22, 2013
What a horrible way to die. RIP

2 Likes

Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by redsun(m): 12:01am On Nov 22, 2013
Even the once revered traditional stool has gone to dogs too.As soon as that goes,nigeria will be come a no man's land like somalia.It is the only remaining meaningful fibre that seems to be holding nigerians together at the moment.

Politics is a failed game in nigeria and the only thing ordinary man relates with that gives him a sense of belonging is his grassroot(traditions).When that is gone,it will be replaced by war lords like in yemen,afganistan and somalia.

15 Likes

Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by chidijp1(m): 12:01am On Nov 22, 2013
Nka dikwa cerious. Rip to the monarch.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by snika: 12:01am On Nov 22, 2013
RIP to the dead ruler.

I now understand the unquantifiable mass of respect traditional rulers in the western part of the Niger are accorded with by their subjects. And that explains why some of my friends from the west were right here on Nairaland supporting a polititian who carried out his rally when a monarch in the east was celebrating his ofala, same town, same day.

I mean this: www.nairaland.com/1470660/obi-onitsha-curses-ngige-apc
Idi Amin: And who is Obi of onitsha? Does he have two heads? Why must everything about Ngige be politicized? A culti*st and ritual*ist placing a curse on an innocent man is simply the biggest joke of the century. As if the so called gods of the land are listening to him.mtcheeeeeew undecided

15 Likes

Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by suco50(m): 12:02am On Nov 22, 2013
This is not a detailed story and it raises so many questions. There should be a version of the report from the guards or is the palace left unguarded?
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by thewarrior72: 12:03am On Nov 22, 2013
Like someone said, this life of tuggling & rascallity is ingrained in they blood...

1 Like

Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by adezjamz(m): 12:03am On Nov 22, 2013
Wait, must I comment

Let me ask a friend cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by leggo: 12:03am On Nov 22, 2013
hin no get jazz nii?? I trust OBJ if na him house dem torch na australia bush go suffer

3 Likes

Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by AdekunleBalogun: 12:04am On Nov 22, 2013
We are in a lawless society, even the rich are now crying... May God forgive his sins and grant him peace in the hereafter.
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by Caseless: 12:06am On Nov 22, 2013
D blue-blooded? Sms!
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by iamswizz(m): 12:07am On Nov 22, 2013
if i comment now.. dem go ban my life

1 Like

Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by tit(f): 12:07am On Nov 22, 2013
Gambari kpaii Fulani!
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 22, 2013
Was he the only one in the palace? I guess not. So why do they downplay the deaths of others? Or are they lesser humans?

And they say there is equality. Yuck!!!

1 Like

Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by ayusco85(m): 12:11am On Nov 22, 2013
Wetin concern M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥? undecided
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by Nobody: 12:12am On Nov 22, 2013
Good riddance. cry cry

Al these useless, waste of space traditional rulers sef. All they do is chop a portion of the national cake.

Like spidey above me said: wetin consign us embarassed
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by paschalndidi(m): 12:14am On Nov 22, 2013
Sad indeed!
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 22, 2013
Rad1cal: What a terrible news. The people of Obokun need to rise and ensure justice is done to this abominable act.

Sit down jare angry

Nor be those guys dey rape female corpers? angry

3 Likes

Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by hisroyalflyness: 12:24am On Nov 22, 2013
Now you have :-)
Articul8: Hmmm...dis is crious.Av neva heard dis b4 in my life,dt a monarch was burnt to death in his palace. Wα̲̅†̥ I heard of was a monarch sent on exile. Only God knws Wα̲̅†̥ must av happened.
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by Wisdytech(m): 12:24am On Nov 22, 2013
What a world! GOD IS GOOD
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by Dannylux: 12:30am On Nov 22, 2013
Wanna risk a ban?

1 Like

Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by limanmohammed6: 12:32am On Nov 22, 2013
eaglechild:

A traditional ruler, the Alase of Ilase-Ijesa in Obokun Local Government Area of Osun State, Oba Adesina Alobijuwon, has been killed by arsonists who set his palace on fire.

He was said to have been burnt to death Wednesday night in his Palace.

A traditional chief in the town, Chief Oluwagbemiga Oke, who spoke with THISDAY Thursday at the palace said the monarch’s house which was given to him by a prominent indigene of the town got razed by some unknown people who visited the monarch.

He said that the monarch had attended to five guests who came with a pink colour Mazda car before the incident happened. He said “from what we were told, the house got burnt shortly after the people had left.”
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/osun-monarch-dies-as-arsonists-set-palace-on-fire/164934/
may his soul R.I.P. NO SECURITY IN OUR NATION!
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by 3Wilywily: 12:35am On Nov 22, 2013
donphilopus: How many times would you be told to stop tribalizing every thread??
1000000x
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by suco50(m): 12:35am On Nov 22, 2013
This is not a detailed story and it raises so many questions. There should be a version of the report from the guards or is the palace left unguarded?

2 Likes

Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by limanmohammed6: 12:38am On Nov 22, 2013
God is always kind 2 us. But, let us lov each other as we lov ourselves

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

About To Be Initiated Cultists Arrested In Benue By Soldiers (Photos) / Mother Dumps New-born Baby Inside The Gutter And Takes Off (photo) / Mohammed Matazu Burnt To Death By His Wife Amina Dauda, In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.