Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

You And Your Electricity In Nigeria..a Must Read - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / You And Your Electricity In Nigeria..a Must Read (346 Views)

Cut Your Electricity Bills With this Energy-Efficient LED BULB / Man Construct Hydroelectric Power Plant And Generate Electricity In Cross River / A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You And Your Electricity In Nigeria..a Must Read by SolarEdge: 2:00pm On Feb 06, 2021
ELECTRICITY IS A NECESSITY

No man is a lover of darkness, everyone always smiles each day after the day's hustle to see that his streets or compound has power supply.. This thing has no respect for age you'll just smile without knowing.. Why?
Because electricity is one of man's basic necessity, it's helps you to relax and brightens your environment.
When you get home after work, you always want to put on your AC /fans, light bulbs, TV sets and relax a bit even before eating. You see how important electricity is right?

But in this part of the world Africa, we see electricity as a luxury because of our system. According to the recent statistics that more than 85% of Nigerians have access to maximum 4hours power supply daily. Hmm! It's quite sad and unbelievable, but it's the bitter reality...
Since electricity is a necessity many has sort out ways to generate it themselves through generating sets, wind power, solar power, ET Al.

I'll be discussing majorly on solar power system.. This is a clean alternative power supply. A lot of Nigerians are becoming aware and subscribing to this technology.
Solar power system is a smart technology that uses solar panels (PV) to absorb energy from the sun and take the absorbed energy to the battery bank (direct current DC) while the inverter converts the stored energy in the battery bank to alternate current then distributes to your appliances, an inverter is necessary here because most of our household gadgets are AC devices.

To be honest with you solar power system is an investment, if you want to have value, you'll need to spend some amount to get quality results, but you don't necessarily need to break the bank.. You can read my last post on solar materials on request I'll send you the link.

Haven established a fact that solar power system is an investment, then there's need for acquiring knowledge about any investment you intend venturing into. Based on experience, I've been privileged to converse with at least two thousand clients in the past 3 years and less than 2% of these population knows little about what they intend venturing into. Most times, I received calls from clients and you'll hear I need a 5kva solar, how much is it? Mind you after engaging this client you'll find out all he needs is maybe a 1kva solar setup as his energy demand is less than 200w.
The first thing you should bare in mind before looking towards solar power system is your energy need, it's very crucial.

I tell most persons, even if you're not using solar at home you need to still reduce the energy consumption in your house to cut down your monthly electricity bills especially if you're on prepaid metric system. You're in a two bedroom apartment with 4 ceiling fans of 90w each, 15 lights bulbs of 22w each( some person feels if a light bulb is small in size automatically it's low energy), we have bulbs of 5w that can brighten your room moderately, and you have a refrigerator of 120w, TV of 85w and decoder of 15w and a sound system of 80w.. After carefully calculating these load consumption you'll find out you have a total load of 990w.. Hmm! This is huge if you ask me....now if you're having access to 8 hours power supply from PHCN daily and all these load are put on, my brother you'll be shocked how much kilowatt units you're consuming, NEPA is not doing you any Jack, you're the one doing yourself.. To learn more on how to reduce your prepaid metre billing unit send a DM.

Now, back to our solar talk, sorry for digressing.. Lol, you see why we tell people to go for energy saving appliances.. If those 4 ceiling fans were reduced to 4 standing fans of 20w each, the bulbs are reduced to 5w bulbs each, the total load would become 455w, meaning a 46% reduction in load, would lead to 46% reduction in electricity bills.. Quite impressive I must say

Now, if you have a total load of 300w for instance, both TV, decoder, modern refrigerator, sound system, lighting, fans et Al.. I can categorically tell you that all you need is a system of 1kva. Why get a 3kva system on a 300w load? The solar system would be under utilized.

Getting a 5kva system is not a guarantee that you'll enjoy a 24 hours power supply.. The 5kva is the inverter system as earlier explained, the backup time is primarily dependent on the battery bank not your inverter capacity.

You need to be well educated and informed to get a good return on investment on your future solar project. If you think you got value from this write-up and would need further information, do not hesitate to call or send a watsapp dm 07038567494.
I'm your renewable energy consultant.

Re: You And Your Electricity In Nigeria..a Must Read by blackboy(m): 3:50pm On Feb 06, 2021
Nice one
Re: You And Your Electricity In Nigeria..a Must Read by SolarEdge: 12:31pm On Feb 07, 2021
Happy Sunday people...
I tell people why getting a 5kva system with 2 batteries of 200ah each and you expect to enjoy 24hours power supply.. The inverter size has nothing to do with the system backup time, your attention should be on the system battery bank.
I remain your renewable energy consultant.
Do have a blessed week ahead.
Re: You And Your Electricity In Nigeria..a Must Read by SolarEdge: 10:19am On Feb 08, 2021
Good morning beautiful people, I look forward to sharing insightful thought and experience that would help you if you ever intend going GREEN..

I remain your renewable energy consultant.
Cheers!
Re: You And Your Electricity In Nigeria..a Must Read by SolarEdge: 1:03pm On Feb 09, 2021
It's a taboo for anyone to still be buying fuel on a noisy generating set daily. How do you feel each moment you go out at 11pm to switch it off? Don't you know the noise of your generating set can attract hoodlums to your apartment?

This is the 21st century, you just need to level up and go green
Re: You And Your Electricity In Nigeria..a Must Read by SolarEdge: 6:46pm On Feb 11, 2021
Happy Val in advance
Re: You And Your Electricity In Nigeria..a Must Read by SolarEdge: 9:12am On Feb 22, 2021
Good morning blessed country people. Watch out this space for insightful and educating information about your electricity.
Re: You And Your Electricity In Nigeria..a Must Read by SolarEdge: 3:32pm On May 27, 2021
Good day Nigerians
Re: You And Your Electricity In Nigeria..a Must Read by SolarEdge: 7:57am On May 28, 2021
Good morning
Re: You And Your Electricity In Nigeria..a Must Read by SolarEdge: 2:54pm On Jun 01, 2021
Happy new month
Re: You And Your Electricity In Nigeria..a Must Read by SolarEdge: 12:55pm On Jun 02, 2021
Your number solar company is here to render premium service to you.
Re: You And Your Electricity In Nigeria..a Must Read by SolarEdge: 4:12pm On Nov 03, 2021
Call us today
Re: You And Your Electricity In Nigeria..a Must Read by SolarEdge: 6:38pm On Nov 23, 2021
Hey

(1) (Reply)

Google Pixel 4a For Sale. Sold / Live Streaming Equipment / ****SOLD*****Iphone 12promax 256gb WW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.