Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,197 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Failing Car gauges plus Car Scanner Does Not Work With My Honda Accord 2003 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Failing Car gauges plus Car Scanner Does Not Work With My Honda Accord 2003 (510 Views)

Signals Of A Failing Car Heating Control Valve / Typical Signs Of A Failing Car Heater Core / 5 Common Signs Of A Failing Car Fuel Pump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Failing Car gauges plus Car Scanner Does Not Work With My Honda Accord 2003 by Renwess: 2:31pm On Feb 06, 2021
The car is Honda Accord 2003 coupe with V6 engine and above 150,000 miles

I need help me. I have been using this car for quite sometimes now after i bought it 3 months ago (as Nigerian used) and I discovered that the instrument cluster is having issue.

Some of the gauges in the instrument cluster is not working fine. For instance, the speedometer, the RPM gauge and the temperature gauges are not working well. But the fuel gauge is working very well. The failing gauges only work when I turned ignition to ON and after few seconds they went off and remain off (except the fuel gauge) until when next I put off the car and turn again.

I have also used a working instrument cluster I removed from another similar car but still did not work.

I have called experts to help scan the car but unfortunately the ECU can not connect with the car scanner.

Please help, how can I get the ECU to work with the scanner machine?

Secondly what do you think is wrong with the those gauges why they are not working.

Can sensors be responsible for failing gauges?

Sensors like speed sensors etc.

I don't know much but I love to learn more so that I can advise my mechanic on what to do?
Re: Failing Car gauges plus Car Scanner Does Not Work With My Honda Accord 2003 by TPound(m): 2:38pm On Feb 06, 2021
Renwess:
The car is Honda Accord 2003 coupe with V6 engine and above 150,000 miles

I need help me. I have been using this car for quite sometimes now after i bought it 3 months ago (as Nigerian used) and I discovered that the instrument cluster is having issue.

Some of the gauges in the instrument cluster is not working fine. For instance, the speedometer, the RPM gauge and the temperature gauges are not working well. But the fuel gauge is working very well. The failing gauges only work when I turned ignition to ON and after few seconds they went off and remain off (except the fuel gauge) until when next I put off the car and turn again.

I have also used a working instrument cluster I removed from another similar car but still did not work.

I have called experts to help scan the car but unfortunately the ECU can not connect with the car scanner.

Please help, how can I get the ECU to work with the scanner machine?

Secondly what do you think is wrong with the those gauges why they are not working.

Can sensors be responsible for failing gauges?

Sensors like speed sensors etc.

I don't know much but I love to learn more so that I can advise my mechanic on what to do?

Try another ECU
Re: Failing Car gauges plus Car Scanner Does Not Work With My Honda Accord 2003 by Renwess: 2:42pm On Feb 06, 2021
How Sir. I think the ECU is the port under the dashboard where car scanner is plugged. Is there any other ECU ?

TPound:

Try another ECU
Re: Failing Car gauges plus Car Scanner Does Not Work With My Honda Accord 2003 by Renwess: 2:49pm On Feb 06, 2021
I need your contributions guys
Re: Failing Car gauges plus Car Scanner Does Not Work With My Honda Accord 2003 by Kingdemu: 2:49pm On Feb 06, 2021
Renwess:
How Sir. I think the ECU is the port under the dashboard where car scanner is plugged. Is there any other ECU ?

ECU means brain box Sir. He mean you should test another brain box in your car to see if the guages on your instrument cluster will wotk
Re: Failing Car gauges plus Car Scanner Does Not Work With My Honda Accord 2003 by Renwess: 2:51pm On Feb 06, 2021
OK Sir.

Kingdemu:
ECU means brain box Sir. He mean you should test another brain box in your car to see if the guages on your instrument cluster will wotk
Re: Failing Car gauges plus Car Scanner Does Not Work With My Honda Accord 2003 by Renwess: 2:52pm On Feb 06, 2021
Is this why car scanner couldn't work or scan the car?

1 Like

Re: Failing Car gauges plus Car Scanner Does Not Work With My Honda Accord 2003 by Kingdemu: 3:38pm On Feb 06, 2021
Renwess:
Is this why car scanner couldn't work or scan the car?
Of course if the ECU is faulty there might be no communication whatsoever
Re: Failing Car gauges plus Car Scanner Does Not Work With My Honda Accord 2003 by Renwess: 5:17pm On Feb 06, 2021
What about the failing gauges that work and stop ?
Re: Failing Car gauges plus Car Scanner Does Not Work With My Honda Accord 2003 by Renwess: 5:17pm On Feb 06, 2021
Ok

Kingdemu:
Of course if the ECU is faulty there might be no communication whatsoever
Re: Failing Car gauges plus Car Scanner Does Not Work With My Honda Accord 2003 by TPound(m): 5:49pm On Feb 06, 2021
Renwess:
How Sir. I think the ECU is the port under the dashboard where car scanner is plugged. Is there any othepr ECU ?

That's not the ECU...the ECU is what they call the brain box in local parlance
Re: Failing Car gauges plus Car Scanner Does Not Work With My Honda Accord 2003 by gideon66045: 8:04pm On Feb 06, 2021
I need your contributions guys
Re: Failing Car gauges plus Car Scanner Does Not Work With My Honda Accord 2003 by Realteeyee123(m): 9:52pm On Feb 06, 2021
ECU is the brainbox

I have had this same Experience on my Honda Accord 08 v6 Evil spirit

There are two things most likely involved

1.) Like otheres have suggested you might have to use another ECU to test and see.

2. It might be the immobilizer unit I think, during my own time a guy from Oyingbo which is like Honda village in Lagos came and changed those things , they are around the steering side, and the computer connected with the car,

I'm 100% sure if you try both if this options you would solve your problem or be close to solving it
Re: Failing Car gauges plus Car Scanner Does Not Work With My Honda Accord 2003 by Renwess: 1:19am On Feb 07, 2021
Thank you very much... I will try these two options

Realteeyee123:
ECU is the brainbox

I have had this same Experience on my Honda Accord 08 v6 Evil spirit

There are two things most likely involved

1.) Like otheres have suggested you might have to use another ECU to test and see.

2. It might be the immobilizer unit I think, during my own time a guy from Oyingbo which is like Honda village in Lagos came and changed those things , they are around the steering side, and the computer connected with the car,

I'm 100% sure if you try both if this options you would solve your problem or be close to solving it

(1) (Reply)

Suzuki Alto 2021 Price In Pakistan / Replacement Of Stolen Catalytic Converter In 07 Camry / 2008 Ford Edge Limited Awd @ 2,850,000 Wt Rv Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.