Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? (1873 Views)

Revealed! The Best President Nigeria Ever Had..see Photo Statistics / LoveBuhariLoveNigeria Dinner Organized By Fashola: Live Pictures / Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by Gbenge77(m): 11:24am On Apr 06, 2011
Nigeria is a potentially great country ,rich in human and natural resources.Netting trillions of dollars in oil  revenue over the years,it remains largely underdeveloped ,with 70 percent of its citizens estimated to be living below the poverty line.   
                       Replete with corrupt politicians,its state of physical infrastructure is absolutely appalling.And considering the fact that these politicians junket all over the world(with the US being their top destination),why do they find it difficult to  replicate the things they see abroad here?Honestly speaking, Nigeria and the US are miles apart in terms of organization and this keeps me wondering,Can Nigeria ever become organized like the US?
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by johnie: 11:28am On Apr 06, 2011
As organised as this?

George W. Bush (2001-2009) came to office through a Supreme Court decision following a contested plurality of 537 votes in Florida, and his defeat by over half a million votes in the popular election. Most Americans know how narrow the vote was in Florida, but not why.

Five months before the election, George Bush’s brother, Florida Governor Jeb Bush, had 57,700 people purged from the voter rolls—ostensibly for being convicted felons, who were not allowed by Florida law to vote. As it turns out, over 90% of the voters on the hit list were not felons at all. Some of their supposed felonies were actually dated in the future. It was an overwhelmingly Democratic list of voters—over half blacks and Hispanics. Had these citizens not been prevented from voting, Al Gore would have been elected President of the United States

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-639186.32.html#msg8055217

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-639186.32.html#msg8055265
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by Gbenge77(m): 11:52am On Apr 06, 2011
johnie:

As organised as this?

George W. Bush (2001-2009) came to office through a Supreme Court decision following a contested plurality of 537 votes in Florida, and his defeat by over half a million votes in the popular election. Most Americans know how narrow the vote was in Florida, but not why.

Five months before the election, George Bush’s brother, Florida Governor Jeb Bush, had 57,700 people purged from the voter rolls—ostensibly for being convicted felons, who were not allowed by Florida law to vote. As it turns out, over 90% of the voters on the hit list were not felons at all. Some of their supposed felonies were actually dated in the future. It was an overwhelmingly Democratic list of voters—over half blacks and Hispanics. Had these citizens not been prevented from voting, Al Gore would have been elected President of the United States

of course the US is not perfect politically but im talking about being organized,generally.Physical infrastructure also fits into the equation here.
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by bkbabe97y(m): 2:39pm On Apr 06, 2011
johnie:

As organised as this?

We are not perfect, but our President does not celebrate criminals and he doesnt deplete National Savings for personal benefits. Also, my President has a sexy wife that knows how to pronounce "Umbrella" properly. And, he doesnt run away from debates or asks for the questions/answers in advance.Trust me when I say my President loves debate to the point of boredom. . . . .

Oh, and my President can order your Country invaded and have ur President captured and imprisoned over here.

My country is not perfect, but its still God's Own Country.
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by Rossikk(m): 3:13pm On Apr 06, 2011
bkbabe said:

We are not perfect, but our President does not celebrate criminals

He's a criminal himself so doesn't need to celebrate anyone. Do you realize how many people he's slaughtered, including women and children, since he's come to office, both through the economic policies he oversees and the military murders he orders?

and he doesnt deplete National Savings for personal benefits.

No, he only collaborates with his cronies in banking to rob the national treasury of trillions of dollars in the form of ''bailouts''.

Also, my President has a sexy wife that knows how to pronounce "Umbrella" properly.

Can she pronounce ANY word in Patience Jonathan's language?

NO she can't.

So Patience Jonathan is more educated linguistically than she is.

And, he doesnt run away from debates or asks for the questions/answers in advance.

No, he only uses a teleprompter to tell him what to say, as did your former president, Bush.

Trust me when I say my President loves debate to the point of boredom

Thanks to the teleprompter.

Oh, and my President can order your Country invaded and have your President captured and imprisoned over here.

No he can't. Unless he's ordered to by the shadowy, unelected occult crooks and murderers who really run your country. Even then it's not certain they'll succeed, seeing the run-around they've been given by a mere desert donkey herder called Bin Laden for 12 years and counting.

My country is not perfect

No it's not. Many believe it to be fulfilling prophecy as Babylon The Great of Revelations, the nation ''which deceiveth all the nations'' and is due extraordinary comeuppance.

but its still God's Own Country

All countries are God's own countries.

You're just too stupi d to see it.
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by johnie: 5:57pm On Apr 06, 2011
^^^

Omo NAI-JA repping

grin cool grin
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by superboi(m): 5:59pm On Apr 06, 2011
Question for poster: [s]Can US get as Disorganized like Nigeria?[/s]
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by Fhemmmy: 6:03pm On Apr 06, 2011
It is possible, but will take a lot of sacrifice.
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by Gbenge77(m): 7:33pm On Apr 06, 2011
superboi:

Question for poster: [s]Can US get as Disorganized like Nigeria?[/s]
Absolutely no chance.
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by cap28: 7:49pm On Apr 06, 2011
Yes, but it has to first of all cast off the shackles of neo colonialism that it is currently under.

There is no way nigeria can develop its economy when its spending more on debt repayment to the IMF than what its spending on building infrastructure, investing in education or health, we need a leader who can take a stand on this modern day slavery that we are being subjected to and say NO to illegal debt repayment, we need a leader with courage and foresight - a nationalist who can rise above petty tribalism and focus on a national programme of economic reconstruction.
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by friedrice1: 9:07pm On Apr 06, 2011
Yes, it is possible! with strong leaders that would build strong institutions.
unfortunately, we deserve the leaders we get, if educated people would raise their voices and support a clueless
fellow with stew-pid reasons for their support being;.
1. It is our turn to rule
2. he is humble and patient
3. notherners rule too much
4. he is our christian brother
5. his local govt. area has oil
6. he is too gentle etc.
proper organization would continue to elude us
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by Rossikk(m): 2:36am On Apr 07, 2011
Gbenge77 said:

Quote from: superboi on Yesterday at 05:59:40 PM
Question for poster: Can US get as Disorganized like Nigeria?

Absolutely no chance.

Never say never. Africa became ''disorganized'' ONLY after unexpected developments like foreign invasions, the slave trade, and colonization interrupted its development.

Unexpected developments - man-made or otherwise - could disrupt the Americas just as easily and thoroughly as they did anywhere else, with adverse consequences that could last centuries.
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by Gbenge77(m): 4:49am On Apr 07, 2011
fried-rice:

Yes, it is possible! with strong leaders that would build strong institutions.
unfortunately, we deserve the leaders we get, if  educated people would raise their voices and support a clueless
fellow with stew-pid reasons for their support being;.
1. It is our turn to rule
2. he is humble and patient
3. notherners rule too much
4. he is our christian brother
5. his local govt. area has oil
6. he is too gentle etc.
proper organization would continue to elude us

thats absolutely right but the task of getting Nigeria organized remains daunting.
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by fstranger3(m): 4:54am On Apr 07, 2011
Rossikk:

bkbabe said:

He's a criminal himself so doesn't need to celebrate anyone. Do you realize how many people he's slaughtered, including women and children, since he's come to office, both through the economic policies he oversees and the military murders he orders?

No, he only collaborates with his cronies in banking to rob the national treasury of trillions of dollars in the form of ''bailouts''.

NO she can't.

No, he only uses a teleprompter to tell him what to say, as did your former president, Bush.

No he can't. Unless he's ordered to by the shadowy, unelected occult crooks and murderers who really run your country. Even then it's not certain they'll succeed, seeing the run-around they've been given by a mere desert donkey-rider called Bin Laden for 12 years and counting.

No it's not. Many believe it to be fulfilling prophecy as Babylon The Great of Revelations, the nation ''which deceiveth all the nations'' and is due extraordinary comeuppance.

Good Job.

May you continue to prosper in whatever you do grin
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by ektbear: 6:30am On Apr 07, 2011
Let's set more reachable goals and attain those first. Brazil wouldn't be a bad goal. Malaysia and Indonesia wouldn't be bad either.
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by Thirst4Lif: 7:50am On Apr 07, 2011
We are not perfect, but our President does not celebrate criminals and he doesnt deplete National Savings for personal benefits. Also, my President has a sexy wife that knows how to pronounce "Umbrella" properly. And, he doesnt run away from debates or asks for the questions/answers in advance.Trust me when I say my President loves debate to the point of boredom. . . . .

Oh, and my President can order your Country invaded and have your President captured and imprisoned over here.

My country is not perfect, but its still God's Own Country.

A true American!! I salute you!!
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by Gbenge77(m): 9:12am On Apr 07, 2011
Nigeria needs to be arranged into a good working system.
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by Rossikk(m): 2:37am On Apr 08, 2011
fstranger said:

Quote from: Rossikk on April 06, 2011, 03:13 PM

No, he only collaborates with his cronies in banking to rob the national treasury of trillions of dollars in the form of ''bailouts''.

NO she can't.

No he can't. Unless he's ordered to by the shadowy, unelected occult crooks and murderers who really run your country. Even then it's not certain they'll succeed, seeing the run-around they've been given by a mere desert donkey-rider called Bin Laden for 12 years and counting.

Good Job.

May you continue to prosper in whatever you do

Thanks!  smiley smiley
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by Ikengawo: 2:38am On Apr 08, 2011
I live in the US and it's far from organized.
we should strive for higher.
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by EzeUche(m): 2:40am On Apr 08, 2011
[b]Rossikk [/b]literally smacked [b]bk.babe [/b]around and asked who is his daddy?

Bk.babe97
[img]http://207.199.174.56/img/nOumQMPGic_who-is-your-daddy-and-what-does-he-do.jpg[/img]
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by Rossikk(m): 3:09am On Apr 08, 2011
Omo u dey mind the guy?  cool
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by Gbenge77(m): 7:19am On Apr 08, 2011
really?
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by Thirst4Lif: 7:36am On Apr 08, 2011
Rossikk literally smacked bk.babe around and asked who is his daddy?

Careful, someone in the U.S. may read this and stop sending handouts to your and Rossikk's countries to feed you with!
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by johnie: 8:38am On Apr 08, 2011
The same handouts they gave to Mubarak to prop him up and then saw him off when it became convenient to appear as defenders of democracy on the side of the people?

The same handouts they are giving to the Libyan opposition but bombing them in error?

Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by Gbenge77(m): 8:56am On Apr 08, 2011
johnie:

The same handouts they gave to Mubarak to prop him up and then saw him off when it became convenient to appear as defenders of democracy on the side of the people?

The same handouts they are giving to the Libyan opposition but bombing them in error?

The Egyptian army receives millions of dollars from the Us government yearly .I guess that the reason they maintaining some level of neutrality during the uprising.As for Libya,the Us is no longer participating in the air strikes.
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by Gbenge77(m): 9:14am On Apr 08, 2011
johnie:

The Egyptian army receives millions of dollars from the Us government yearly .I guess that the reason they maintaining some level of neutrality during the uprising.As for Libya,the Us is no longer participating in the air strikes.
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by Gbenge77(m): 9:18am On Apr 08, 2011
johnie:

Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by johnie: 9:46am On Apr 08, 2011
So the handouts were for the Egyptian military not the people.

It was a greek gift to gain control of the military.
embarassed

I can forsee the type of government that would emerge from the ongoing political process in Egypt.

Please tell the Yanks that we our military don't need such handouts.

Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by Rossikk(m): 9:59am On Apr 08, 2011
Thirst4lif said:

Rossikk literally smacked bk.babe around and asked who is his daddy?

Careful, someone in the U.S. may read this and stop sending handouts to your and Rossikk's countries to feed you with!

The US gives 'handouts' to Nigeria? I never noticed!

Oh, and NO we do not need their Greek Gift 'handouts' by the way. FIRST because it is chicken change compared to the money we do earn (Nigerian annual GDP = $374 billion, compared to total US ''aid'' to Africa of $5 billion annually), and second, because whatever they claim to  give as ''handouts'' they take back 200 times over in economically exploitative policies to the detriment of our people.

So they should take their wretched ''handouts'' and stick up their pink asses, leave Africans alone to sort out their problems without their interference, which is based on nothing but their greed and lust for African resources.
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by doctorT(m): 10:16am On Apr 08, 2011
Is US a standard for development?? Nigeria still have a long way to go though!
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by johnie: 10:26am On Apr 08, 2011
^^

Good question!
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Get Organized Like The USA? by johnie: 10:33am On Apr 08, 2011
For those using USA as the standard for development, read this:

Friday, March 04, 2011
Fareed Zakaria Looks At "Restoring The American Dream"
CNN Domestic debuts a new Fareed Zakaria special this weekend. Details from CNN are below.

CNN Press Release: Getting Back to Real Exceptionalism the Focus of New “Restoring the American Dream” FAREED ZAKARIA GPS Primetime Special

Restoring the American Dream: Getting Back to #1 – A FAREED ZAKARIA GPS Special debuts Sunday at 8:00pm ET and PT

America used to be on top of the world across the board, besting the rest in education, innovation, wealth, and life expectancy – but now it’s falling behind other nations, in some instances way behind. America is now number 49 among the world’s nations in life expectancy, number 79 in elementary school enrollment, number 23 in infrastructure, and only the fourth most competitive economy.

CNN and TIME magazine’s Fareed Zakaria says the U.S. has arrived at a crowded crossroads where much of the rest of the world is catching up. He interviews some of the best minds in science, economics, leadership and innovation on the challenges we face, and offers his own solutions on how America can regain its number one status.

Foursquare co-founders Naveen Selvadurai and Dennis Crowley, Harvard University professors Joseph Nye and Niall Ferguson, international macroeconomist Dambisa Moyo, Swedish physician and statistician Dr. Hans Rosling, Columbia University economist Jeffery Sachs all weigh in on the best way forward for America.

Restoring the American Dream: Getting Back to #1 – A FAREED ZAKARIA GPS Special debuts Sunday, March 6 at 8:00p.m. and 11:00p.m. ET/PT on CNN/U.S. It will replay on Saturday, March 12 at 8:00p.m. and 11:00p.m. ET/PT on CNN/U.S.

Fareed Zakaria’s TIME magazine cover story, “Are America’s Best Days Behind Us?” hits newsstands today, Friday, March 4.

http://cnnobservations..com/2011/03/fareed-zakaria-looks-to-restoring.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any Nigerians Born And Raised Abroad Plan To Move to Nigeria? / Home Of Titans--zungeru / Revealed !!! How Dino Melaye Decieved Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.