Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act (29652 Views)

Obaseki: Election Losers Exploiting Herders/Farmers Crisis In Edo / Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors / FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by BoneTackle: 10:16am On Feb 07, 2021
DanielPop:
Ah! I remember the giddy days and fervor with which the Yoruba's campaigned for Buhari! How their girls would kiss his poster. How they did t-shirt aso-ebi's with Buhari and Osibanjo's picture where they were drinking sachet Milo tea! Ah those heady days! Days where the yoruba's poured online warriors all over the internet to sell buhari's candidacy, a man they dressed in borrowed garbs from the East and West but never in fulani attire!

A man they insanely loved to the point that they hated anyone who said otherwise and called them "thieves" or beneficiaries of PDP"looters." Yoruba imams, pastors and babalawo's praised and prayed consistently for Buhari and earnestly yearned for his leadership because, to them, he would rule with hate for corruption, nepotism, ethnic chauvinism and he would be a President for all. They cursed all in opposition and labelled them with all sorts, such was the hate emanating from the very top of religion/religious leaders. Indeed for all! Yoruba intelligentsia all lined up and outdid themselves with beautiful prose in awe of buhari!

You were hated in class, in the market, in church, in mosque, on the streets and in friendly gatherings if you dared speak against their messiah - buhari! Such was the love that friends cut ties, religious institutions blacklisted anyone who did not toe the buhari line. It was a complete wipeout of opposing voices of reason or call for closer scrutiny of the man they were selling! Even their revered poet body-shamed a fellow human being with the appellation - "shepopotamus." Such was the hate that it didn't matter the victim was a woman!

Ah Yoruba's! With all your self-proclaimed "sophistication" and "discerning nature" this is what you came up with? A monster that is devouring your people and spreading his tentacles to those that never supported the "leopard" who can never shed it spots? With all your intelligence, you never saw what blind bats saw? You forgot "words" or rather chose to forget "words" he spoke in front of Lam Adeshina when he openly threw statesmanship aside and batted in favor of "my people," the same people that are now throwing murder, rape, looting, kidnapping, mayhem like candies in all directions?

Haba Yoruba people! You have brought home ant-infested maggots but now complaining of the lizards visiting you? Truly, your refusal to learn from history but to be carried away by selfishness and unbridled desire for position caused all this. You were all swept away by your secret fantasies that Buhari will die and Osibanjo will become President! You were even wishing buhari death too, while extolling his "virtues." Ah Yoruba people, was Janus this two-faced?

Before you begin to insult me, let what I have written cause you to pause and ponder instead of your usual nature of attacking the story-teller who will not tell a story that excites you. Ingest this write-up to incite your thinking abilities and conscience. Let it inspire you to realise that you failed in your quest to use the emperor you installed as a pedestal to attain power. You did not only fail, you brought down the house on your head and that of your neighbors in the process!

Which ever road you travel from here MY YORUBA PEOPLE history has already recorded this event and it will forever remain not only as a deep scar on your conscience but is now your branding! In this 21st century and it's attendant technologies you have repeated the mistakes of Afonja. As you set about unravelling the knots with which you tied us all, let true (not insincere) fairness, equity and selflessness guide you! Ah yoruba!!!!!!
God bless you richly for this pure, ubdiluted truth

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by Kazim88: 11:27am On Feb 07, 2021
lexy2014:

Just like soyinka, u are wrong. That's why I asked earlier, when fayose was governor, did he negotiate with myetti Allah & cattle rearers? Despite making d mistake in 2015, does that prevent d SW leaders from taking a firm stand against fulani herdsmen?

What later happened to Fayose. He was targeted by the presidency, outcated by Yorubas same as FFK.

Now he is relegated.

Let's assume Makinde takes a strong action. He will received call from Abuja with strict warning. If he insists all Police and Army will be withdrawn from the state.

The governor lack capacity to do anything.

The only solution is to declare succession... Form a people army.. do emergency recruitment and fight the South Vs North War once and for all.
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by lexy2014: 11:49am On Feb 07, 2021
Kazim88:

What later happened to Fayose. He was targeted by the presidency, outcated by Yorubas same as FFK.

Now he is relegated.

Let's assume Makinde takes a strong action. He will received call from Abuja with strict warning. If he insists all Police and Army will be withdrawn from the state.

The governor lack capacity to do anything.

The only solution is to declare succession... Form a people army.. do emergency recruitment and fight the South Vs North War once and for all.

What is d product of d targeting that fayose was targeted? Can u pls share? How was fayose "outcasted" (permit me to use your English) by Yoruba? How is fayose relegated?
D question I asked is as governor, did fayose negotiate with myetti Allah & cattle rearers in order to ensure security in his state? Yes or no. Was he successful in checkmating d activities of herdsmen? Yes or no.

It's not true that governors lack capacity to do anything except u aren't aware that they do. Fayose is a testament to that fact. If governors are acting like scared school boys is because they choose to and not because they lack capacity.

All this "succession" (am sure u meant succession) and forming army u are referring to, who will declare it?
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by Rawhumper(m): 12:03pm On Feb 07, 2021
[
I bet u the North has lost twice more lives than the Ibos did during the war and they will still lose more. In another event of war, they will be wiped out and if the Yolubas decide to join them then same fate awaits them and I know indeed the Yolubas are imbeciles and zombies that never learn.

Please am not wailing cos we have recovered long ago and are always ready to defend our motherland, this the north know and are scared. Even the weak Army their tool, is useless when the time is right.

North will lose, am telling forget what many will say, most of their former allies will desert them.....well no need for talks already its happening.

quote author=christistruth01 post=98825822]

[/quote]
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by Kazim88: 12:40pm On Feb 07, 2021
lexy2014:

What is d product of d targeting that fayose was targeted? Can u pls share? How was fayose "outcasted" (permit me to use your English) by Yoruba? How is fayose relegated?
D question I asked is as governor, did fayose negotiate with myetti Allah & cattle rearers in order to ensure security in his state? Yes or no. Was he successful in checkmating d activities of herdsmen? Yes or no.

It's not true that governors lack capacity to do anything except u aren't aware that they do. Fayose is a testament to that fact. If governors are acting like scared school boys is because they choose to and not because they lack capacity.

All this "succession" (am sure u meant succession) and forming army u are referring to, who will declare it?

Let me try to summarize my answer.

Ekiti is in midst of Osun, Kwara, Kogi and Ondo forest.

After Fayose left, Fayemi entered. All the herdmen came back.

Wait think a bout it... Sunday Igboho have chased out all the Herders in Yewa for now... Soon they would wander back with aggression.

Succession Secession is practically the only way out for Yoruba people.

With that they can "Deport" every criminal element from the nation & Tighten the borders.

As long as a Fulani Herdsman can wander with his Cows from Mali enter Nigeria through our porous border and wander to Ekiti without being checkmate by Fayemi... You try to evict him, the presidency will support a non tax paying illegal foreigner just because of tribe affiliation...

Let me say something... The Fulani is trying to provoke a war hoping to use the FG to squash other tribes.

Lastly, Fayose solution was not sustainable (our borders are too porous) and if Ekiti valued it APC would not had displace PDP after Fayose.
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by lexy2014: 12:42pm On Feb 07, 2021
Kazim88:

Because Nigeria have been check-mated.

Nothing Southwest can do.

The only institution that have enough resources and logistics to Wade off this current Invasion is the Govt but A Fulani herdsman is our president... Democratically elected by full Nigerians...

Only an alternate emergency govt can fight
off this herders but the new govt will have to contend with Fulanize FG.

So you breakout - war against FG and Herdsmen

You remain silent: unprovoked war from Herdsmen with inderect support of the Govt

You talk too much - DSS will silent you.

The mistake was made in 2023. Fulanis and Yoruba have no business together.

These are d words of Wole Soyinka (1971):

"The man dies in all who keep silent in the face of tyranny".

There's tyranny in d land. Wole Soyinka is silent
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by Deepthoughts: 12:43pm On Feb 07, 2021
Amotolongbo:

https://www.thecable.ng/soyinka-herders-farmers-crisis-could-lead-to-civil-war-if-we-dont-act/amp
The herdsmen problem in the country is festering for the singular reason of insincerity,bias n indecisiveness on the part of buhari ,very simple what buhari should do is to get the northern states with vast good vegetation lands such as Nigeria,kogi,kano,kaduna,gombe,bauchi,adamawa,etc,grant repayable loans to them n assist them in establishing large ranches/grazing reserves, while the states draft the rules regulating the use of the ranches/grazing reserves then herdsmen/users can use the ranches/grazing reserves for fees n in compliance with the rules, eventually the loans would be repaid n as the livestock business which shall be organized booms most states would voluntarily key into the programme,I make this suggestions based on the facts that,the fulanis are indegenous people of the north,the northern states has more Land n less population density, livestock rearing is a private business,to allay the fears of other states to the issue of public money being use to sponsor private business etc, there's also the need now for the country to have national data base of her citizens n let the free movement of herders across borders be stop in view of the widespread security challenges they pose,yes it's the right of all Nigerians to move n live anywhere in the country but where the pursuit of a right results to public security problems it should be the duty of government to act sincerely, swiftly n firmly to solve the problem in a manner that it will be good to all,I don't see the herdsmen or most of our national problems as insolvable, it's just the sincerity n will power that's lacking.
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by lexy2014: 12:45pm On Feb 07, 2021
Kazim88:

Let me try to summarize my answer.

Ekiti is in midst of Osun, Kwara, Kogi and Ondo forest.

After Fayose left, Fayemi entered. All the herdmen came back.

Wait think a bout it... Sunday Igboho have chased out all the Herders in Yewa for now... Soon they would wander back with aggression.

Succession Secession is practically the only way out for Yoruba people.

With that they can "Deport" every criminal element from the nation & Tighten the borders.

As long as a Fulani Herdsman can wander with his Cows from Mali enter Nigeria through our porous border and wander to Ekiti without being checkmate by Fayemi... You try to evict him, the presidency will support a non tax paying illegal foreigner just because of tribe affiliation...

Let me say something... The Fulani is trying to provoke a war hoping to use the FG to squash other tribes.

Lastly, Fayose solution was not sustainable (our borders are too porous) and if Ekiti valued it APC would not had displace PDP after Fayose.

I didn't ask u all u have said. This is what I asked u:

Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by Kazim88: 1:07pm On Feb 07, 2021
lexy2014:

I didn't ask u all u have said. This is what I asked u:

Up before now... Any top Yoruba politicians that is anti-buhari regime is castigated infact he is seen as pro-igbo.

Fayose was anti-buhari... Tinubu was pro-buhari...
Fayose was louding that this man is up to something sinester... He opposed him in every way....

Southwest saw the danger but hope for President 2023 and "our son" is VP... Fashola and co. close their reasons to logic.

Just the way Odumakin faction of Afenifere was berated.

Fashola at a point went silent... Everything he saw, everything he fought is currently playing out.

Who outcated him: Tinubu and Pro Tinubu because he was demarketing Tinubu's product - Buhari
Same as FFK.
Same as Odumakin
Same as Baba Ayo Adebanjo

FFK was called a drug addict. Outcasted, seen as unstable and IPOB.
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by franxalive(m): 1:40pm On Feb 07, 2021
kingsavage:
what of the south south? Or you want to forcefully claim them to be biafra because you don't want to be oceanless? grin grin

There is nothing like south south oga...if so be, have you ever asked why is it we ain't got north north...think...think... undecided

These are but Fulani divide and rule antics from inception...but it will sure Fail...cos our generation is wiser now.

Let me remind you again...the ocean bight you even talking about... take a look at old historical maps what you will see is bight of BIAFRA kiss wink
So...all the south south trash are all BIAFRAN territories sir.

I hope i made sense...nice day to you sir. wink
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by lexy2014: 1:41pm On Feb 07, 2021
Kazim88:

Up before now... Any top Yoruba politicians that is anti-buhari regime is castigated infact he is seen as pro-igbo.

Fayose was anti-buhari... Tinubu was pro-buhari...
Fayose was louding that this man is up to something sinester... He opposed him in every way....

Southwest saw the danger but hope for President 2023 and "our son" is VP... Fashola and co. close their reasons to logic.

Just the way Odumakin faction of Afenifere was berated.

Fashola at a point went silent... Everything he saw, everything he fought is currently playing out.

Who outcated him: Tinubu and Pro Tinubu because he was demarketing Tinubu's product - Buhari
Same as FFK.
Same as Odumakin
Same as Baba Ayo Adebanjo

FFK was called a drug addict. Outcasted, seen as unstable and IPOB.

Let me itemise d questions I asked u. Maybe it help u a bit:

1. What is d product of d targeting that fayose was targeted? Can u pls share?
2. How was fayose "outcasted" (permit me to use your English) by Yoruba?
3. How is fayose relegated?
4. The question I asked is as governor, did fayose negotiate with myetti Allah & cattle rearers in order to ensure security in his state? Yes or no.
5. Was he successful in checkmating d activities of herdsmen? Yes or no.

6. All this "succession" (am sure u meant succession) and forming army u are referring to, who will declare it?
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by orisa37: 3:21pm On Feb 07, 2021
YES SIR.

MB AND TM HAVE BOVINE SPONGIFORM ENCEPHALOPATHY, A FATAL BRAIN DISEASE IN CATTLE AND THEY'RE BOTH CERTIFIED HAVING DEMENTIA.

PLEASE ADVISE LAWAN AND GBAJABIAMILA, UNLESS THEY'RE ALSO SICK, TO IMPEACH BUHARI AND REPLACE TANKO NOW.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by orisa37: 3:26pm On Feb 07, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Stop crying like a juveline old man

YOU SEE WHAT I AM SAYING. PrinceOfLagos is also having BSE
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by orisa37: 3:38pm On Feb 07, 2021
Mattressdoctor:
Nothing will happen. It will sort itself out.

BSE PATIENT.
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by orisa37: 3:43pm On Feb 07, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Government need to regulate social media.

Social media is the cause of all these problems.

Naive people write and post fake informations online to incite violence without knowing the consequences of their

When you start to blame a particular group for all the violence in Nigeria, that group wont sit down and look in idle they will react in anger and violence.

People lives are at stake, a possible civil war will end in disaster for everyone.

Believe me, you don't want to lose your properties, sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, uncles and aunties to war.

Neither will you love to see your hands and legs chopped and your sisters or mothers raped in your front because you come from a particular tribe.

War is evil.

BUHARINOMICS IS COVID19 AND DIARRHOEA IN NIGERIA.
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by calcal: 4:20pm On Feb 07, 2021
Vardanes2:
The problem with threads like these is the almost ghoulish anticipation of war by many people on this thread.

The truth is, we don't need war. That's why states, farmers, herdsmen, and the police need to come to an agreement on this crisis...and the law needs to be upheld at all times.

Why are you scared of war. 99% of Nigerians have nothing to lose. we are like that living death
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 07, 2021
calcal:

Why are you scared of war. 99% of Nigerians have nothing to lose. we are like that living death

You say that because you have never experienced a real live war.

Just know that it would make our current situaiton seem like paradise.

Plus, African wars most of the time are anarchic slugfests. We got lucky the first time that our Civil War was a 'proper war' and even them millions of civillians died. The next Nigerian civil war would be like the Yugoslav, Rwandan and Bosnian conflicts combined...and more.
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by kingsavage: 6:22pm On Feb 07, 2021
franxalive:

There is nothing like south south oga...if so be, have you ever asked why is it we ain't got north north...think...think... undecided

These are but Fulani divide and rule antics from inception...but it will sure Fail...cos our generation is wiser now.

Let me remind you again...the ocean bight you even talking about... take a look at old historical maps what you will see is bight of BIAFRA kiss wink

igbo man don't want a landlocked unpleasant oceanless biafra so he must claim south south by force grin
Cc Kinematics come and see this land grabber
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by kingsavage: 6:25pm On Feb 07, 2021
franxalive:

you down make sense.... there is south south and they will never be part of your igbo republic... any attempt to forcefully make them part of you will lead to war grin grin kindly stick to your igboland as yorubas are doing and leave the minority tribes alone
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by franxalive(m): 12:23am On Feb 08, 2021
kingsavage:
you down make sense.... there is south south and they will never be part of your igbo republic... any attempt to forcefully make them part of you will lead to war grin grin kindly stick to your igboland as yorubas are doing and leave the minority tribes alone

I argue no further with poor students of history as your likes...go makes your research oga o...from akwaibom to igodomigodo in Edo...upto the Igbos in benue ...are all IGBOs sir. From core origin with some slightly divergent accent...but still has the obvious cultural similitude in various aspects as food, women tieing 2 pieces of wrappers, etc...

So sorry...this could be way too deep for your mind due to ur poor historical background... courtesy of the failed education system in the zoo.

Imagine the damage done already in the minds of your likes... making you see someone who speaks the core igbo language...as an enemy or not your brother or sister. So unfortunate. Whereas...the people who created the South South trash to instigate division within us... breaking the scientific laws of geographical coordinates...by not creating North North too... undecided and this same people...will see a Muslim from even far away beyond Nigeria's borders as their brothers and sisters. That's why our Northern borders remains very porous...so their brothers and sisters from Mali, Niger, Burkina Faso, Senegal, Gambia, etc can have free course into nigga-area unhindered cry

Where as ... your likes are preoccupied with the divide and rule south south /nigga-delta trash that they used to instigate enemity between you and your blood (eastern brothers) down south nigga-area... formerly known as the OLD EAST...when there was nothing like south south...

Wake up... brother...the people dividing us are ONE....
NOTWITHSTANDING... the fact remains...you shall know the TRUTH...and that only...can set you FREE! wink

HOPEFULLY I MADE ME SENSE... GOOD NIGHT
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by franxalive(m): 12:30am On Feb 08, 2021
kingsavage:
igbo man don't want a landlocked unpleasant oceanless biafra so he must claim south south by force grin
Cc Kinematics come and see this land grabber

Poor students of history...so so unfortunate...indomie generation... the damage done by failed education system in the zoo. Check above this for a little lecture i gave to ur likes...it could help you lots. Good night
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by baddosky1: 5:15am On Feb 10, 2021
fauda49:

You must be a child.

Where were you when Mr Soyinka, Falana, Tunde Bakare & sowore were demonstrating almost on a daily basis at the National Assembly to get Jonathan installed to succeed Yar adua?

And after all that they still turned around to betray him isn't it?

They are for good government and that's why they turned against GEJ when he messed up unlike you that is a TRIBALIST.

How did GEJ mess up?

You people turned against GEJ because of his alignment with the Igbos and because he made South Eastern appointments more that that of South West. Then when the Fulanis were marketed to you yorubas on a platter by Tinubu you all threw away your "sofistikated" senses and voted because of VP slot...the same VP who has now been rendered more useless than an abandoned puppet! grin grin

Enjoy your "romance" with the herdsmen! They have come to stay in South west and will not stop until there are Emirates in every South Western state including Lagos which will render offices of Obas totally useless if not annihilated! cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fire Breaks Out At National Assembly Building, Guts Several Documents (photos) / Nnamdi Kanu To Tinubu: You've Disappointed, Disgraced The Noble Yoruba Ancestry / Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.