Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,070 members, 7,956,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:59 AM

Rice Paddy - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Rice Paddy (182 Views)

Do You Need A Perfect Rice Paddy Parboiling Machine? / Rice Paddy Available For Sale / Long Grain Rice Paddy For Sale In Large Quantity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rice Paddy by MANSPRIDE: 9:09pm On Feb 06, 2021
The rate at which the price of rice paddy is climbing is really fearsome. How can rice paddy be selling above 200/kg in most states in the February. What will now happen around the months of May down to September.
Another issue is even the scarcity. In some areas known for paddy production, paddy has become so scarce that to get paddy to buy is a battle. Some dealers are now bringing in paddy from Togo and Niger republic. They said it's cheaper and more available there.
I wonder how many existing Mills are coping.
And more and more Mills are still springing up on a daily basis. If care is not taken, in the nearest future a lot of these Mills will fold up cause of lack of paddy to process.
The only people benefiting from the paddy crisis are farmers and cut throat middlemen. Too much demands for their produce have made it possible for them to continue increasing the price of paddy on a daily basis.
Factories and millers should come together and force a regulation of prices. That is what I see as a solution to the whole matter.
Only God knows what will happen when giant Mills like Imota rice starts functioning.
Re: Rice Paddy by Mide3367: 9:16pm On Feb 06, 2021
Nigeria sad. Everyday we dey go ri iya embarassed
Re: Rice Paddy by amerengues(m): 10:02pm On Feb 06, 2021
Nigerians are the architect of their misfortune; Nigerians were given the chance to promote local production but farmers and exploitative middlemen services has ruined the chance.

Price of Paddy keep soaring astronomical without justification. Regardless of demand and supply, prices should be controlled. If they are not careful, local rice will go into mild extinction.

I got discouraged because of the astronomical rise in price of Paddy. What is our problem?

MANSPRIDE:
The rate at which the price of rice paddy is climbing is really fearsome. How can rice paddy be selling above 200/kg in most states in the February. What will now happen around the months of May down to September.
Another issue is even the scarcity. In some areas known for paddy production, paddy has become so scarce that to get paddy to buy is a battle. Some dealers are now bringing in paddy from Togo and Niger republic. They said it's cheaper and more available there.
I wonder how many existing Mills are coping.
And more and more Mills are still springing up on a daily basis. If care is not taken, in the nearest future a lot of these Mills will fold up cause of lack of paddy to process.
The only people benefiting from the paddy crisis are farmers and cut throat middlemen. Too much demands for their produce have made it possible for them to continue increasing the price of paddy on a daily basis.
Factories and millers should come together and force a regulation of prices. That is what I see as a solution to the whole matter.
Only God knows what will happen when giant Mills like Imota rice starts functioning.

(1) (Reply)

How To Start Profitable Snail Farming In Nigeria / Hope Feed Inquiry / Read This And Thank Me Later

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.