Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,689 members, 7,862,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:07 AM

Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control (28467 Views)

Incitement And The 2023 Polls - Segun Awosanya (Segalink) / Segun Awosanya Withdraws From EndSARS, Declares Movement An Insurrection / Akin Alabi's Tweet About SEGUN AWOSANYA Segalink, That Put Him In Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by King44(m): 9:33am On Feb 07, 2021
helicoptarr:

[b]I WONDER WHY PEOPLE HAVEN'T NOTICED THAT THE ADVERSARIES OF THE NIGERIAN MASSES HAVE ONLINE AGENTS EVERYWHERE.

THEY SUBMIT ANTI-PEOPLE STATEMENTS IN SUPPORT OF THEIR SPONSORS AND GET A GOOD NUMBER OF LIKES INDICATING THAT THEY ARE MANY AND UBIQUITOUS.

MAY GOD JUDGE ALL THE ENEMIES OF THIS COUNTRY AND THEIR AGENTS.
We know them....

We are fully in a dictatorship system of gvt where they use agents to sway people's perception but it has never worked, where the gvt just wake one morning dish orders and even smuggle alien bill into law at the detriment of the people without considering public opinion.....

2 Likes

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Adakintroy: 9:34am On Feb 07, 2021
All of una weh de protest since l. Na who die I sorry for.
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by VaselineCrew: 9:34am On Feb 07, 2021
seunmsg:

Another lawless online mob who think himself a jurist. Once the place is open, go and shut it down.

Seunmsg, one of the chief advocates for mass suffering, I wonder, do you run on tears or something?

Always on the negative side of history.

Here you are again, defending an illegal toll gate, despite the respite commuters have gotten these past few months the toll has been inoperable.

2 Likes

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Skepticus: 9:36am On Feb 07, 2021
Emily22:
Nigeria, I can never and will never sacrifice anything for this country...

Because those you believed you are fighting for (70%) will go against you at the end.

R.I.P to those that died during the #endsars stunt, they wasted their lives for nothing.... Absolutely nothing......

Few days after the whole shit, all ya Endsars influencers were clamouring for twitter verification (blue stars).

Few days after, we all moved on leaving the parents of those that died during the campaign to carry their burden..
I rem people talking about mental health on Twitter, diz are clowns that did not step a foot outside there home throughout the campaign..

About Sega, the guy is like a cutlass with two sides, don't be surprised if they offer him a political position in the nearest future..

.I guess he is a lagosian and you guys expect him to go against Lagos....During the Endsars, he was careful with his nonsense vocabularies in order not to provoke those at the top.

Please don't mention me...today is Sunday...let's keep it holy

Traitors of any sane protest movement would always come from so-called "activists".

Yorubas are never in short of these back-stabbers. There is a documented history of it from the past to the present day. A lot of them are elitist.

Personally, I want Sunday Igboho to abandon his struggle to clean Yoruba land so that Moróns who constitute a high number of the Yoruba Population would run to their "traitor" politicians/traditional rulers/leaders for help. Yeye people

3 Likes

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by iddonla: 9:37am On Feb 07, 2021
truthsayer009:

Have you ever been to Lagos in your life? All this Akwa Ibom bigots will be here spewing thrash.

There is no alternative route from Lekki to V.I except one which the government has refused to improve the roads deliberately because they force people to pay tolls

Very ignorant NL people.

shut up idiot..

you are the one that have not been to lagos..

oba idowu oniru road and ligali ayorinde down to Landmark to new market to lekki is motorable...

so what's ur point

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by King44(m): 9:38am On Feb 07, 2021
Nfora:
Thank you Segalink.

Stupidity is when you think depriving other innocent people and family their source of livelihood,will bring justice to the victims of brutality.

you are irredeemable. If it were in a sane country LLC abi whatever has a case to answer. They switched of the light, their mounted cameras was compromised and people were gruesomely murdered in cold blood.

That aside, giving orders for them to temper with a crime scene could have led to what would crumble the gvt or go deep as targeting each members of the panel personally by those affected, that is how insane things like this can go but here we are helpless in a lawless country.

If your brother or sis was among those killed or probably your mom, your tune would be different from this blind tune you are playing behind your keypad. It's an assumption through.

I hope we make the right decision in 2023

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by iddonla: 9:39am On Feb 07, 2021
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Fixey: 9:39am On Feb 07, 2021
helicoptarr:

[b]I WONDER WHY PEOPLE HAVEN'T NOTICED THAT THE ADVERSARIES OF THE NIGERIAN MASSES HAVE ONLINE AGENTS EVERYWHERE.

THEY SUBMIT ANTI-PEOPLE STATEMENTS IN SUPPORT OF THEIR SPONSORS AND GET A GOOD NUMBER OF LIKES INDICATING THAT THEY ARE MANY AND UBIQUITOUS.

MAY GOD JUDGE ALL THE ENEMIES OF THIS COUNTRY AND THEIR AGENTS.

Amen Amen Amen

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 07, 2021
Sega was long a BETRAYAL..

HIDING BEHIND UNCLEAR AND INDIRECT USAGE OF WORDS(whenever he wants to make any posts)

History is recording...

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Wolfeye: 9:43am On Feb 07, 2021
AMINDA:

Is protest more effective than advocacy? How do you explain a coalition that was formed in June 2020 suddenly raising over 160 million naira barely four months after for a protest? Doesn't that tell you they were sponsored to push an agenda using the youths as pawns? We all saw how the Twitter owner opened a bitcoin account and verified all key players in the protest, however, his energy was a stark contrast when Capitol Hill happened. Segalink with more followers on Twitter and the original convener and voice against Police Brutality is still not verified till date.

Sega came out of a meeting with the protest organizers and made it clear he wouldn't be part of an Insurrection. He knows what he saw and what was discussed before coming out to make such statement. He was quickly vilified to diminish whatever he said. With how the protest turned out and how all the major organizers conveniently jetted out of the country, it leaves no one in doubt that what was planned was an Insurrection.

They simply borrowed the template of Black Lives Matter without even bothering to change anything. Black lives matter also ended in violence and looting. Is Police Brutality our major problem as Nigerians? That is why the protest quickly metamorphosed into Buhari must go when SARS was disbanded. We were all played.

I don’t know who is deceiving you.
But stop drawing retarded comparisons with America. You live in a 3rd world country. Stop pointing out nothing because nothing is similar.
If Buhari was doing a good job nobody will ask him to go.
The blind bat sega was just pained that he was denied the honour of being appointed or identified as a leader. It would have been far more Honourable for him to just withdraw and allow nature take its course.
Nobody is that important in life.
In the year 2080 80% of everybody that was alive during those protests would have died so spare us the rubbish about knowing what he saw and trying to “save” the situation.
He is just a suit mopped coward with a little man complex who feels that because he was saving people from Sars cells he should be more recognized than he is.

Incase you and him don’t know something, know it now...sooner or later there will be war in Nigeria.
Whether you like or don’t like it, it will happen.
Nobody wishes for it but it will happen and the only reason is because of cowards who decided against the better interest of the future to pet Buhari with kid gloves instead of doing the RIGHT thing.
Nigeria is headed down a dangerous path and this messiah shit is tomfoolery at its very zenith.
People who fail to do what they’re supposed to do at the appropriate time will always suffer in future for it.
That is the law of nature.

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by AMINDA: 9:48am On Feb 07, 2021
Proflere:

The company could not tell us why their CCTV stopped working on the day people were murdered and still couldn't tell us why the light that has been there for ages suddenly went off that same day. LCC is therefore an accomplice in the whole issue.

Stop pushing this stale narrative. The video clip from the CCTV camera is available for anyone who wants to watch it. Premium Times recorded it live from the court house. Even CNN's second report was based on the footage. See link below.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=180603140383718&id=248318348539120&anchor_composer=false

Of course no massacre was seen. The footage stopped working at about 08:20 p.m when the protesters burnt the room that houses the server at Admiralty way. Even from the footage, the soldiers have long left the toll gate before that time. Stop the sensationalism. The argument has long moved on to alleging that the CCTV footage was edited, but they had made us believe that it didn't even exist in the first place. Further shifting of the goal post is expected.
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by seunmsg(m): 9:48am On Feb 07, 2021
VaselineCrew:

Seunmsg, one of the chief advocates for mass suffering, I wonder, do you run on tears or something?

Always on the negative side of history.

Here you are again, defending an illegal toll gate, despite the respite commuters have gotten these past few months the toll has been inoperable.

Hopefully, people that supported Taiwo Oyedele’s views about the need for Nigeria to stop borrowing to finance public infrastructure and instead invest private investor to build and operate them can read the opinion of people like you and change their mindset.
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Femeto: 9:54am On Feb 07, 2021
seunmsg:

Another lawless online mob who think himself a jurist. Once the place is open, go and shut it down.
Factless talk.
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by ba7man(m): 10:00am On Feb 07, 2021
Fixey:

Reverse psyche don't work on me. Continue with the diversionary antics. You'll be fine.

When you can intellectualize. I'll be here

Good day
Intellectual conversations like ........ "I have 5678 acres and 5987021 staff"??

GTFOH..... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by VaselineCrew: 10:03am On Feb 07, 2021
seunmsg:

Hopefully, people that supported Taiwo Oyedele’s views about the need for Nigeria to stop borrowing to finance public infrastructure and instead invest private investor to build and operate them can read the opinion of people like you and change their mindset.

Don’t put words in my mouth.

I am in support of the toll at lekki-ikoyi bridge for instance, cause it was BUILT FROM SCRATCH and solves a problem. Lekki Epe is meant to be the free alternative to ikoyi, while lekki-ikoyi bridge should be the tolled and FASTER alternative to ikoyi.

Imagine if the federal government decided to place a toll on the third mainland bridge after the current repair work ends. How well would that sit with majority of Lagosians who would now have to pay N200 to use the third mainland bridge? Not too well I presume, because that is a free road they’ve become accustomed to.

Now imagine tolling a 4th mainland bridge, do you think there would be as much, if any, outcry over the tolling of such a bridge? Probably not, since commuters know they would still have the option of a free 3rd mainland bridge, should they elect not to pay the toll to use the 4th.

If the government wants to build new audacious projects and toll them, then that debate can be had, but we cannot have a debate for tolling roads already in existence simply because they repaired such roads or upgraded them.

2 Likes

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Sunnyja: 10:05am On Feb 07, 2021
Flier:
You mean they should not collect the money they used to construct the road? Or pay the investors or creditors
Black man with black brain,so if one investor help us to sort out our bad road problem or electricity problem,you will tell him not to erect toll gate or sell prepaid?
Nonsense! The toll gate must return until the investors are fully paid,that is how it’s done in developed world.
Do you even have an idea of how much to be "fully paid"?!

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by weyreypey: 10:16am On Feb 07, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

but in your own voice and that of the likes of weyreypey,DJ Switch is the real traitor!
And in your own voice and that of weyreyoey again,the Igbo soldier that was following orders to visit that community in Ogun state,is the real traitor!!!
DJswitch is my girl anyday anytime. Big. General Ibrahim Taiwo is also my man all day. The real issue involves something deeper...I tend to agree with you on your postulation concerning onyebuchi except for the fact he was forcing people to recant
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by CodeTemplar: 10:17am On Feb 07, 2021
Basher8583:

Who fvcking cares what they do. Why camp your useless cause there in the first place. Are they obliged to you? LCC has no business accommodating you there. Well infact you guys were trespassing making it a criminal offence on its own not to even mention the arson on the infrastructure.

Was the protest about lekki toll gate?

I dont understand why you idiots are so dodgy.

Why do you need LCC's cameras with all you useless youth carrying mobile phones around. Its either you all forgot to video the event or nothing sinister happened.
LCC called the army then

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Regex: 10:18am On Feb 07, 2021
Skepticus:

Traitors of any sane protest movement would always come from so-called "activists".

Yoruba's are never in short of these back-stabbers.

Personally, I want Sunday Igboho to abandon his struggle to clean Yoruba land so that Moróns who constitute a high number of the Yoruba Population would run to their "traitor" politicians/traditional rulers/leaders for help. Yeye people

Ever since this Igboho saga, I've been seeing Yorubas as cowards. No offense if you are one. This was what Nnamdi Kanu warned them off. NK told them that after Boko Haram deals with the North, they will come for the South, they thought it was a joke. Look what is happening now, even the so called Obas are not doing anything about it.

I now realise why in the Igbo land, we don't reverence our Kings like the Yorubas do. It's not hate, believe you me, but if they had played their part during the war, we will not be here. I hope the fulanis destroy them all including the middle belts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by josite: 10:20am On Feb 07, 2021
Why is the panel making selective final decisions in favour of parties before her when the whole hearing is not concluded.what us the hurry in returning the lekki gate operations to the owners.the carcass of the toll gate represent evidence. Why not just concludes hearing and exonerated lcc.And return their toll Gates to them.
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by hush15: 10:20am On Feb 07, 2021
seunmsg:

What exactly do you want the panel to do to the governor and the military?

Probably demand a public apology for the role failure in the endsars saga and in particular, those whose family are directly affected by the army and grant compensation accordingly and ensure that army also do same. Prosecute all indicted officers and commit to police reformation in the state.

Not much better than nothing...

Then dismantle that toll gate. Its only going to bring more pain thru the unnecessary traffic it generates.

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Minjim: 10:27am On Feb 07, 2021
seunmsg:
I see nothing wrong in Segalink’s decision. Four other people also voted to return the toll gate to LCC so what’s the fuss?

LCC is a corporate entity with staff, creditors and other responsibilities to cater for. Why is nobody thinking about the staff and other responsibilities of the company? Did LCC commit any crime at the top gate scene to warrant a complete shut down of their business? The company is even a victim in all of these as far as I’m concerned. We can’t shut down a company’s business forever out of sentiment.

While the panel continue to sit, the company just like every others should go back to their normal business. When the panel is done, government should implement their recommendations.

Check those that voted for LagGovt, those are retired judges or former Attorney of state. They are not activist know to fight for the people.
But Segalink started #EndSars even b4 it spiralled into a revolution.
What happened here was that Sega wasn't allowed to be the face of #EndSars and he switched sides.
My disappointment is that he didn't stick with the people. This fight is more than him. He should understand that

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 07, 2021
Look at him, shameless ass, bitchass nigga.
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Fixey: 10:31am On Feb 07, 2021
Minjim:

Check those that voted for LagGovt, those are retired judges or former Attorney of state. They are not activist know to fight for the people.
But Segalink started #EndSars even b4 it spiralled into a revolution.
My disappointment is that he didn't stick with the people here

Sega link didn't start the protest please. He promoted an ideology that was different from the actual end sars protest

More open opinion shakers will arise from this even ration. Dubious people will be discredited with time. Time is a revealer. Wait for it.

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by ngwababe(f): 10:33am On Feb 07, 2021
seunmsg:
I see nothing wrong in Segalink’s decision. Four other people also voted to return the toll gate to LCC so what’s the fuss?

LCC is a corporate entity with staff, creditors and other responsibilities to cater for. Why is nobody thinking about the staff and other responsibilities of the company? Did LCC commit any crime at the top gate scene to warrant a complete shut down of their business? The company is even a victim in all of these as far as I’m concerned. We can’t shut down a company’s business forever out of sentiment.

While the panel continue to sit, the company just like every others should go back to their normal business. When the panel is done, government should implement their recommendations.

Does toll gate have closing time?
If they do, Do they off their cameras when they close?
Are you saying truly, no staff witnessed the incident that happened on their business premises?
Do you think if this is a case cows, that this matter will die like this?

Na question I ask oh, make you no vex.

2 Likes

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by helicoptarr: 10:33am On Feb 07, 2021
King44:
We know them....

We are fully in a dictatorship system of gvt where they use agents to sway people's perception but it has never worked, where the gvt just wake one morning dish orders and even smuggle alien bill into law at the detriment of the people without considering public opinion.....

God help us!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by harsysky(m): 10:53am On Feb 07, 2021
Emily22:
Nigeria, I can never and will never sacrifice anything for this country...

Because those you believed you are fighting for (70%) will go against you at the end.

R.I.P to those that died during the #endsars stunt, they wasted their lives for nothing.... Absolutely nothing......

Few days after the whole shit, all ya Endsars influencers were clamouring for twitter verification (blue stars).

Few days after, we all moved on leaving the parents of those that died during the campaign to carry their burden..
I rem people talking about mental health on Twitter, diz are clowns that did not step a foot outside there home throughout the campaign..

About Sega, the guy is like a cutlass with two sides, don't be surprised if they offer him a political position in the nearest future..

.I guess he is a lagosian and you guys expect him to go against Lagos....During the Endsars, he was careful with his nonsense vocabularies in order not to provoke those at the top.

Please don't mention me...today is Sunday...let's keep it holy

oil dey your head

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Minjim: 10:56am On Feb 07, 2021
Fixey:

Sega link didn't start the protest please. He promoted an ideology that was different from the actual end sars protest

More open opinion shakers will arise from this even ration. Dubious people will be discredited with time. Time is a revealer. Wait for it.

He started the #tag on Twitter.

What I'm even more concerned about is how this Lekki massacres should make a responsible Govt asked themselves whether Lagos got a f,air deal from this concession.
Just look at how much LCC claimed they are losing weekly.
what's the length of the road?
For how long will the operate it?
How much did they they actually spend to construct it?
By the time they hand it over to Lag, what will be the condition?
This process is obviously shrouded in corruption and this is an opportunity to rectify it

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Skepticus: 10:56am On Feb 07, 2021
Regex:

Ever since this Igboho saga, I've been seeing Yorubas as cowards. No offense if you are one. This was what Nnamdi Kanu warned them off. NK told them that after Boko Haram deals with the North, they will come for the South, they thought it was a joke. Look what is happening now, even the so called Obas are not doing anything about it.

I now realise why in the Igbo land, we don't reverence our Kings like the Yorubas do. It's not hate, believe you me, but if they had played their part during the war, we will not be here. I hope the fulanis destroy them all including the middle belts.

The southeast also has its own share of cowards but the political system in Igbo land (Republican and stateless), though not perfect, keep these cowards in check.

Events in the last few years make me admire the Fulanis more than ever. It's not like their tactics are admirable or civil, but I respect societies who still have some level of dogged masculinity in a world populated by cowardly men. They make their moves silently and incorporate other ethnicities and manipulate them into achieving their Fulanization agenda.

I started to study them and was amazed at how an ethnic group not known to possess land manage to "bully" others from their lands, dominate them and spread their influence in about 34 countries in Africa. In fact, the presidents of Senegal, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Nigeria, Gambia are all core-fulanis. They dominate ECOWAS.

We might hate Buhari, but to the Fulanis, he occupies the hall of fame that Fulani heroes like Uthman Dan Fodio made. Real men.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Minjim: 11:01am On Feb 07, 2021
Regex:

Where is Nnamdi Kanu?

Look at Sowore. They arrested, released and arrested him. He never jumped bail.
Look at Sunday too- same.

So you expect the Yoruba Obas to go around chasing Nigerians from one part of Nigeria?

Who do you think made the move that Sunday has not been arrested.

You think bravery is about shouting and jumping.
Use your method we use ours.

Imagine. Saying one fugitive warned Yorubas.
Thunder fire you and that bribe taking /betraying fugitive

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by akinsmyk(m): 11:01am On Feb 07, 2021
seunmsg:

Are you joking? You kept using the word company, what company are you talking about? The one used as a platform to extort motorist. Do we supposed to have that useless toll in the first place? You making a wrong defense for LCC.

The staffs and whatever can go look for other jobs. Uncle, that's not a proper company oga. Let them go start a proper company and no one will care. They can start production of goods but with collecting fares of the same amount even if you make use of the toll a thousand times a day is the world's top scam and extortion

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Flier: 11:02am On Feb 07, 2021
Sunnyja:
Do you even have an idea of how much to be "fully paid"?!
Whatever it took them to construct it should be fully paid by the road users

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fayose Sacks Aide Over Eid El-kabir Prayers Improper Coverage / Atiku Arrives In Umuahia, Abia For PDP Presidential Rally / #Buhari's365Days: Ezekwesili & Adesina On Channels TV - Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.