Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,002 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control (28415 Views)

Incitement And The 2023 Polls - Segun Awosanya (Segalink) / Segun Awosanya Withdraws From EndSARS, Declares Movement An Insurrection / Akin Alabi's Tweet About SEGUN AWOSANYA Segalink, That Put Him In Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Proflere: 1:48pm On Feb 07, 2021
Magnoliaa:

grin grin Swrs, I love the love-hate relationship Nigerians display for their justice system. Today, go to the court of law, not public court of opinion, but our police dey catch goats and beat them till they admit guilt or they will just round up boys drinking on their own, put guns on their laps and call them criminals. The same police that'll implicate you when you try to help a dying victim are they same ones we should trust to handle a rape case. Chai. I don't even know what to say.
you see say I just weak! He is talking as if he is not a Nigerian
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 07, 2021
iddonla:

shut up idiot..

you are the one that have not been to lagos..

oba idowu oniru road and ligali ayorinde down to Landmark to new market to lekki is motorable...

so what's ur point

You are giant fool, what is the population of those living in lekki/ ajah/ ibeju axis that they would all pass that place and it is mostly blocked because of so many motorist trying to pass at the same time.

LCC has already made their money, what more do they want? Are the roads getting improved?

You people living in Akure Ondo state feel you have a say. Idiots.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 07, 2021
iddonla:

shut up idiot..

you are the one that have not been to lagos..

oba idowu oniru road and ligali ayorinde down to Landmark to new market to lekki is motorable...

so what's your point

Alternative road is different from market roads filled with pot holes.

Please and please, know the difference. Illiterate.

Read this below

VaselineCrew:

This excuse is not tenable

Have you ever been to Houston?

You have the Sam Houston toll way for instance which has alternative highways if you want to avoid the toll.

Note I said “Alternative HIGHWAYS”, not alternative one lane, pothole ridden, market roads.

That lekki epe toll gate is the very definition of illegality and the cause of mass suffering. Why would you ever advocate for your people to suffer, I just don’t get it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by iddonla: 2:15pm On Feb 07, 2021
truthsayer009:

Alternative road is different from market roads filled with pot holes.

Please and please, know the difference. Illiterate.

Read this below

that road that leads to oniru market is the alternate road..

animal
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by iddonla: 2:16pm On Feb 07, 2021
truthsayer009:

You are giant fool, what is the population of those living in lekki/ ajah/ ibeju axis that they would all pass that place and it is mostly blocked because of so many motorist trying to pass at the same time.

LCC has already made their money, what more do they want? Are the roads getting improved?

You people living in Akure Ondo state feel you have a say. Idiots.

You dont tell lagosians how to run their state...

nitwit

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 07, 2021
Who da hell is segalink? Who made him the owner of Endsars? sad
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by LegendHero(m): 3:42pm On Feb 07, 2021
If I was in the panel, I would have voted the same because LCC are just victims of circumstances.

So if the soldiers shot at computer village, the government should shut it down?

If the soldier shot at NPA, the government should close it down?

Whether you know or not, the tollgate is also someone’s investment so you can’t expect them to shut it down just because something happened there that is none of their doing.

2 Likes

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by plaindealer: 4:10pm On Feb 07, 2021
CodeTemplar:
The problem with our own tollgate is corruption. Unique corruption. Take a look at PHCN has increased bill led to improved service? That's what we risk if we allow hurriedly formed suite case companies actually owned by govt officials run tollgates. They will use inflates contract to kill the effectiveness of the tollgate.

We know the toll gate is part of the LASG's IGR base just like the Lekki Ikoyi bridge, they generate billions every year and you must know that the next road, bridge, hospital or any state government program or social services you enjoy if you are a Lagosian is funded with funds from state infrastructures like the toll gate.

That toll gate is where many Lagosians go to work everyway, it feeds a lot of Lagosians, many Lagosians pay school fees, put food on the table and pay rent with paychecks from that toll gate.

PCHN was a federal issue with nothing to do with LASG in anyway, find a better and logical analogy.
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 07, 2021
Yoruba do Yoruba - as simple and repeatable any scenario can get. it is in dia genetic make-upheir
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by AK481(m): 4:40pm On Feb 07, 2021
seunmsg:
I see nothing wrong in Segalink’s decision. Four other people also voted to return the toll gate to LCC so what’s the fuss?

LCC is a corporate entity with staff, creditors and other responsibilities to cater for. Why is nobody thinking about the staff and other responsibilities of the company? Did LCC commit any crime at the top gate scene to warrant a complete shut down of their business? The company is even a victim in all of these as far as I’m concerned. We can’t shut down a company’s business forever out of sentiment.

While the panel continue to sit, the company just like every others should go back to their normal business. When the panel is done, government should implement their recommendations.
LCC refused the panel sending forensic Cctv expert to verify the footage they showed from their DC.
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Coinbased: 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by ALISMILE(m): 5:17pm On Feb 07, 2021
[quote author=zoomzoom post=98829035][/quote]Bros a bottle of wine is no probs to me
Sincerely, I don't need any bottled drink whether wine or whatever

I think that instead of u guys to be advocating for the outright scrap of the tollgate you should be demanding for accountability. Those are two different things entirely.
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by chuksjuve(m): 5:23pm On Feb 07, 2021
Fixey:

Smiles

I was born in Lagos. Schooled entirely in the SW

But funny enough I've never claimed to be Lagosian. Want Lagos destroyed nor consider my place of actual origin in any form of competition in Lagos.

You may continue on the path of hatred and vile competition your father's placed you upon and continue to bare the burden of their lies and antics.

My dear. Do you know the New York bridge was one of the first architectural governmental and state edifices in the world where the idea of concessions in constructions was done.

I will give you a slice of history training this morning. Go do your research on that bridge. And see how it's financials were lay bare

That's roughly around 100-250 years ago. Now if you can give anyone an audited report on the economic profiling of the toll gate, I'll deactivate this account.

Until then, please avoid me cause I know you know absolutely nothing and you're trained to take up spew and run it around cause you're mentally functionless

I KNOW YOU'RE A SLAVE WITHOUT A FUNCTIONAL MIND AND CAN'T DETERMINE THINGS ON YOUR OWN.

TAKE MY COMMENT AND GO TO YOUR FATHERS AND THEN RUN BACK WITH REPORT

OMOLUABI-OPONU OSHI

I have followed your comment on this particular episode and I can say you are not only intelligent but the way you respond to those vile 30k per post element in human skin is worth commending ..

I have followed your handle more refreshing and soul blessing analysis.

Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by plaindealer: 5:47pm On Feb 07, 2021
Fixey:

Smiles. Dude. I am building an establishment over 100 acres as we speak and have over 20 staffs. Please tell me what your worth is

And you still have time to sit on NL spewing rubbish and beating chest..

Liars and comedians..

grin grin
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Fixey: 5:49pm On Feb 07, 2021
plaindealer:

And you still have time to sit on NL spewing rubbish and beating chest..

Liars and comedians..

grin grin

. When you're a Ceo,you maintain the vision why the team does the work.

Enjoy your ignorance in peace. Idle vile soul
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by DaCharis2016: 5:50pm On Feb 07, 2021
That vote should be voided and legally challenged. Those people can't just vote on behalf of every youth.
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by plaindealer: 6:03pm On Feb 07, 2021
[s]
Fixey:

. When you're a Cooler, you maintain the vision why the team does the work.

Enjoy your ignorance in peace. Idle vile soul
[/s]

Abeg save this incoherent rubbish for your fellow empty and shallow chest beaters.

grin grin
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Fixey: 8:57pm On Feb 07, 2021
chuksjuve:

I have followed your comment on this particular episode and I can say you are not only intelligent but the way you respond to those vile 30k per post element in human skin is worth commending ..

I have followed your handle more refreshing and soul blessing analysis.

Keep it up

wink
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by afroxyz: 9:02pm On Feb 07, 2021
Mynd44:

Toll gates everywhere in the world are there to generate money for infrastructure and maintain those you already have.

All over the world toll gates exist and they serve well. The presence of toll gates does not point to extortion. I believe the government should actually concession major highways and let the companies raise tolls to generate their funds back. That will increase the quality of road and also provide a better road network in Nigeria.

As to Lekki Tollgate, it is a "crime scene", LCC commit any crime so why punish them in perpetuity? Remember that there are also Nigerians who are employed at the tollgate

But its alright to shut down virtual accounts of banks and ban crypto? You are making a whole lot of sense
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by amuwo1980: 12:45am On Feb 08, 2021
Most of these so called activist are mere hungry hustlers desperate to cash out and pay their bills.
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by buzzcypha(m): 6:28am On Feb 08, 2021
seunmsg:
I see nothing wrong in Segalink’s decision. Four other people also voted to return the toll gate to LCC so what’s the fuss?

LCC is a corporate entity with staff, creditors and other responsibilities to cater for. Why is nobody thinking about the staff and other responsibilities of the company? Did LCC commit any crime at the top gate scene to warrant a complete shut down of their business? The company is even a victim in all of these as far as I’m concerned. We can’t shut down a company’s business forever out of sentiment.

While the panel continue to sit, the company just like every others should go back to their normal business. When the panel is done, government should implement their recommendations.

Are you aware that some persons account are still frozen till date cos it was alleged that they sponsored #EndSarsNow, make una dey reason well abeg.
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by 9jaRealist: 7:25am On Feb 08, 2021
bigeliot:
I don't understand, as in the toll gate should return and continue extorting? What has this panel achieved sef? Make una no blame me o, I no dey follow up since. That gate should be uprooted and buried. Gate of blood

Was the tollgate the problem?
Is the tollgate SARS or the Army, or was it just a venue?

Nigerians love to chase shadows instead of substance!
undecided
>
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by 9jaRealist: 7:28am On Feb 08, 2021
>
GOOD decision!

It’s been 4 months, and they if haven’t concluded their investigation, that ineptitude should not be visited on a corporate entity that needs to apply for insurance, repair its facilities and get its employees back to work to feed their families and pay bills.
>
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by 9jaRealist: 7:32am On Feb 08, 2021
buzzcypha:

Are you aware that some persons account are still frozen till date cos it was alleged that they sponsored #EndSarsNow, make una dey reason well abeg.

So what? Punish LCC because other persons are being punished by the foolish CBN? Does LCC control CBN or the banks?! SMH
>
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by laudate: 10:36am On Feb 08, 2021
Flier:
You mean they should not collect the money they used to construct the road? Or pay the investors or creditors
Black man with black brain,so if one investor help us to sort out our bad road problem or electricity problem,you will tell him not to erect toll gate or sell prepaid?
Nonsense! The toll gate must return until the investors are fully paid,that is how it’s done in developed world.

That money used to build the road has been paid off by Lagos State Government since 2013! So what are you saying??
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by laudate: 10:47am On Feb 08, 2021
ALISMILE:
Any reasonable well-meaning lagosian will support the return of commercial activity at the lekki tollgate.
That's a place where millions ofnaira is generated daily for road maintenance and other government obligation.

Most people clamoring for it's outright scrap are not lagosians and they should focus on thier respective states
No well meaning Lagosians supports the return of that Toll Gate. None!

The Toll Gate is a harbinger of traffic! Since it has been empty, there has been free flow of traffic on the road. Ask anyone familiar with that route.

Secondly, till today nobody knows who gave that order to fire upon defenceless unarmed youth at that Toll Gate, who were only demonstrating for the right to live, and NOT be ginned down by SARS.

Thirdly, all those injured by bullets and even those killed, have they been paid compensation or given any apology by this government??.

Till today, some people are still looking for the relations, friends and we'll wishes that were at that Toll Gate who have been .issuing since that night.

Were they part of the bodies taken away by the military?

Instead of sorting all that out, they are jumping up to reopen the Toll Gate. The blood of those who died and whose blood was shed at that Toll Gate is on the heads of LCC,LASG and those advocating for it's reopening!

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by ALISMILE(m): 12:05pm On Feb 08, 2021
laudate:

No well meaning Lagosians supports the return of that Toll Gate. None!

The Toll Gate is a harbinger of traffic! Since it has been empty, there has been free flow of traffic on the road. Ask anyone familiar with that route.

Secondly, till today nobody knows who gave that order to fire upon defenceless unarmed youth at that Toll Gate, who were only demonstrating for the right to live, and NOT be ginned down by SARS.

Thirdly, all those injured by bullets and even those killed, have they been paid compensation or given any apology by this government??.

Till today, some people are still looking for the relations, friends and we'll wishes that were at that Toll Gate who have been .issuing since that night.

Were they part of the bodies taken away by the military?

Instead of sorting all that out, they are jumping up to reopen the Toll Gate. The blood of those who died and whose blood was shed at that Toll Gate is on the heads of LCC,LASG and those advocating for it's reopening!
The question is, are you a lagosian?
I'm not sure

The problems (traffic and others) you highlighted above are not enough reasons why tolling shouldn't return
The wheel of governance must be run
Salaries must be paid
Roads must be maintained
Development must be sustained

You should be talking about how the problem of traffic can be resolved
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by laudate: 1:31am On Feb 10, 2021
ALISMILE:
The question is, are you a lagosian?
I'm not sure

The problems (traffic and others) you highlighted above are not enough reasons why tolling shouldn't return
The wheel of governance must be run
Salaries must be paid
Roads must be maintained
Development must be sustained

You should be talking about how the problem of traffic can be resolved

See, there are too many issues that have NOT been resolved. That Toll Gate cannot be opened now.

Who gave the order for the soldiers to fire that night? Nobody knows.

What was paid to the family of those who were killed at the Toll Gate? Nothing. What compensation was given to those who were shot and treated at hospitals? Zero.

Which battalion was sanctioned for unleashing bullets, on poor unarmed Nigerians at that Toll Gate? None! Justice has NOT been served, sir. Yet these government guys and LCC are scrambling to open that Toll Gate?

What is the brand name of their hypocrisy? May they suffer the same fate, that befell those innocent protesters, at the Toll Gate that dark October night on 20-10-2020!

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by laudate: 1:36am On Feb 10, 2021
plaindealer:
We know the toll gate is part of the LASG's IGR base just like the Lekki Ikoyi bridge, they generate billions every year and you must know that the next road, bridge, hospital or any state government program or social services you enjoy if you are a Lagosian is funded with funds from state infrastructures like the toll gate.

That toll gate is where many Lagosians go to work everyway, it feeds a lot of Lagosians, many Lagosians pay school fees, put food on the table and pay rent with paychecks from that toll gate.

PCHN was a federal issue with nothing to do with LASG in anyway, find a better and logical analogy.
Nfora:
Thank you Segalink.

Stupidity is when you think depriving other innocent people and family their source of livelihood,will bring justice to the victims of brutality.

Nah!! Stuvpidity is when you use the military to deprive people of their lives, and health by instructing soldiers to shoot them, while they are unarmed and sitting down....

Stuvpidity is when your governor lies about it, goes on CNN to pretend, and then turns round to see up a panel that fails to give justice, to the victims of that shooting.

May everything that happened to those protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate that night, happen to you too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

People Climb Tree To See Buhari In Jigawa As President Visits (Photos) / Inauguration Of Lagos-Ibadan Commercial Operations: Another Milestone In Nigeria / Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.