Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,981 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Awujale Of Ijebu, Sikiru Adetona Denies Issuing A Statement On Sunday Igboho - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awujale Of Ijebu, Sikiru Adetona Denies Issuing A Statement On Sunday Igboho (20241 Views)

INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations / General Hospital Kubwa Denies Issuing Fani-Kayode Medical Report / Miyetti Allah Denies Issuing 72-Hour Ultimatum To Delta State Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awujale Of Ijebu, Sikiru Adetona Denies Issuing A Statement On Sunday Igboho by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 07, 2021
Zenithpeak:

Same goes with every other tribes and races on this planet. We are all settlers on our different geographical locations before we claim our origin... We all have our source, history might not capture it very accurately but we all have our source somewhere.

Secondly, there's no such word as Yoruba Land or Yoruba tribe/people before the colonial era.... You are either Oyo, Ijesha, Ijebu, Egba, Owu, etc. There's no unifying name until slave trade era when the whites are having problem relating to all as one. Before then, the general term was Omoluabi i.e 'omo ti Olu Iwa bi' by interpretation: the descendants of god of good character.

In a nutshell, no one should answer that common noun YORUBA! It has no meaning even in the language.

I'll be glad to tell you more later.
Thanks

I am sure you don't have anything to say again.

The Yoruba land is known as Kaaro O jire land. Omo Kaaro O jire is for people from Oyo area, the people now regarded as Yorubas. ILE Kaaro
O jire is pre colonial Yoruba land name. Omoluabi is not a precolonial name of the Yorubas. It is a description of people of good character. omoburuku or omo
buruku Is the opposite. You cannot say all Yorubas are omoluabi despite Ekiti politicians giving themselves Omoluabi State.

The division of the Yorubas is the only way the enemy can penetrate because Yorubas are too strong.

Lamido Sanusi as Emir of Kano is vehemently opposed to restructuring. He has written long essays that the Yorubas are not one. He gave the kind of story you put up here about various tribes and inter tribal war in precolonial era among different groups called Yoruba. Out of frustration, other small boys said, Yoruba means son of slaves. Disappointedly, FFK was convinced.
They don't know how the name comes into being and are frustrated at the master / servant relationship. Larubawa, Hausawa, Yorubawa are Arabs, Hausas and Yorubas. These are names used in early trans Sahara trade by the Arabs, Fulanis and Yorubas. The full name is Yorubawa, that is how the ancient Arabs and Fulani called them. In Ancient Arabs, even ancient Hausawa, Yor'bawa or Yorubawa is never the son of slaves. The Mecca and Sudan history of some Yorubas will fully show the meaning of the name.

It was few years ago that Awujale Sikiru Adetona came up with the Sudan story. Awujale Fidipote never gave such story. The Sudan story is not for all the Ijebus. It is Ijebu Ode and descendants. The Ijebus are very wide. The Ijebu Remo (about 33 towns) are not descendants of Ijebu Ode. Ijebu Remo from Ikorodu, Agbowa, Imota up to Isara, Ipara, Ode ,etc are Remos from Ile-Ife or IFE. We are from IFE. Ago - Iwoye also did not come from Sudan. The founder of Ondo Kingdom and the founder of Ago - Iwoye are twins (Osemawe and Ebumawe). They suppressed this history because of Ijebu Ode.

The Ijebus that I know have their roots directly from IFE and others indirectly from IFE.

Having said this, pre colonial inter tribal war did not erase our history and root. European Union was established after series of war in Europe. The war leaders got tired of war and came together. The Crowns from IFE and IFA are two fundamentals and articles of Yoruba nation. We have IFA Oracle and our deities that are common to us even in the days of precolonial inter tribal war.

I am yet to see the fake statement from the palace in support of Igboho which the Awujale issued this rejoinder. I believed many things are happening behind the scenes. The Traditional Rulers should not abandon the traditional rulers of the affected areas for dollars or contracts.

1 Like

Re: Awujale Of Ijebu, Sikiru Adetona Denies Issuing A Statement On Sunday Igboho by calcal: 4:29pm On Feb 07, 2021
johnmartus:
Sunday igboho fame?

Meanwhile, the donations continue to grow.

I personally will continue to donate every month for the total actualization of the dissolution of Nigeria.
Re: Awujale Of Ijebu, Sikiru Adetona Denies Issuing A Statement On Sunday Igboho by Zenithpeak(m): 4:48pm On Feb 07, 2021
babaolofin:

I am sure you don't have anything to say again.

The Yoruba land is known as Kaaro O jire land. Omo Kaaro O jire is for people from Oyo area, the people now regarded as Yorubas. ILE Kaaro
O jire is pre colonial Yoruba land name. Omoluabi is not a precolonial name of the Yorubas. It is a description of people of good character. omoburuku or omo
buruku Is the opposite. You cannot say all Yorubas are omoluabi despite Ekiti politicians giving themselves Omoluabi State.

The division of the Yorubas is the only way the enemy can penetrate because Yorubas are too strong.

Lamido Sanusi as Emir of Kano is vehemently opposed to restructuring. He has written long essays that the Yorubas are not one. He gave the kind of story you put up here about various tribes and inter tribal war in precolonial era among different groups called Yoruba. Out of frustration, other small boys said, Yoruba means son of slaves. Disappointedly, FFK was convinced.
They don't know how the name comes into being and are frustrated at the master / servant relationship. Larubawa, Hausawa, Yorubawa are Arabs, Hausas and Yorubas. These are names used in early trans Sahara trade by the Arabs, Fulanis and Yorubas. The full name is Yorubawa, that is how the ancient Arabs and Fulani called them. In Ancient Arabs, even ancient Hausawa, Yor'bawa or Yorubawa is never the son of slaves. The Mecca and Sudan history of some Yorubas will fully show the meaning of the name.

It was few years ago that Awujale Sikiru Adetona came up with the Sudan story. Awujale Fidipote never gave such story. The Sudan story is not for all the Ijebus. It is Ijebu Ode and descendants. The Ijebus are very wide. The Ijebu Remo (about 33 towns) are not descendants of Ijebu Ode. Ijebu Remo from Ikorodu, Agbowa, Imota up to Isara, Ipara, Ode ,etc are Remos from Ile-Ife or IFE. We are from IFE. Ago - Iwoye also did not come from Sudan. The founder of Ondo Kingdom and the founder of Ago - Iwoye are twins (Osemawe and Ebumawe). They suppressed this history because of Ijebu Ode.

The Ijebus that I know have their roots directly from IFE and others indirectly from IFE.

Having said this, pre colonial inter tribal war did not erase our history and root. European Union was established after series of war in Europe. The war leaders got tired of war and came together. The Crowns from IFE and IFA are two fundamentals and articles of Yoruba nation. We have IFA Oracle and our deities that are common to us even in the days of precolonial inter tribal war.

I am yet to see the fake statement from the palace in support of Igboho which the Awujale issued this rejoinder. I believed many things are happening behind the scenes. The Traditional Rulers should not abandon the traditional rulers of the affected areas for dollars or contracts.

I sincerely appreciate your contributions bro... I have so many to say about your response but saying it on this thread will give those fulani miscreants opportunity to see us finish as a race and further sow seed of discords down south.

Trust me so many things we need to dig out from our past and some many historical rough needed to be traced not only for the sake of this generation but for the coming generation after we might have gone on eternal rest.

Let's join hands and send fulanis packing from our land first and no matter how long it takes, we will come back to this juncture.

Shalom
Re: Awujale Of Ijebu, Sikiru Adetona Denies Issuing A Statement On Sunday Igboho by Coinbased: 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2021
Really
Re: Awujale Of Ijebu, Sikiru Adetona Denies Issuing A Statement On Sunday Igboho by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 07, 2021
Zenithpeak:

I sincerely appreciate your contributions bro... I have so many to say about your response but saying it on this thread will give those fulani miscreants opportunity to see us finish as a race and further sow seed of discords down south.

Trust me so many things we need to dig out from our past and some many historical rough needed to be traced not only for the sake of this generation but for the coming generation after we might have gone on eternal rest.

Let's join hands and send fulanis packing from our land first and no matter how long it takes, we will come back to this juncture.

Shalom

Thanks. I appreciated your contributions.
Re: Awujale Of Ijebu, Sikiru Adetona Denies Issuing A Statement On Sunday Igboho by ruffDiamond: 6:37pm On Feb 07, 2021
Silverpurple:

Thread carefully. The Awujale said no wrong here, he is not against Igboho. He is only calling out a fake new about him. The Awujale is an acient king of the entire Ijebus. The ijebu's are the olowo isembayè, i.e. acient wealth, even the British paid Tax to their forefather's to move good through the toll gate created by the Ijebu's.

They are not objects of ridicule...
shatap there! the ijebu are the worst set of Yoruba's anywhere in the world!apart from their infamous notorious STINGYNESS ,they are very lily lvered,coward to the core,backstabbers son of devil and betrayer lot!I ve moved around with a couple of them,very useless lot!look,the ibadan. people are warriors from time immemorial, they normally don't backdown when occasion calls for it to defend themselves, one thousand obasanjo(your son) can never match or equal one Benjamin Adekunle(black Scorpion)you dey about one rubbish wealth that can t be deployed to help defend the people!. I have no iota of respect for any useless monarch in Yoruba land,not even. the so called Ooni whatever, he's not my king and does not represent me ,a yoruba,in an y capacity, most of them are there,occupying space,forming yeye important upandan. noni,the only thing the ijebu thrive better than anyone else is womanizing! yes!most are irresponsible woman wrapper,and won't be surprised
if this lecherous looking oba has a harem full of 'em..na the only thing una sabi bi that
Re: Awujale Of Ijebu, Sikiru Adetona Denies Issuing A Statement On Sunday Igboho by nisai: 6:49pm On Feb 07, 2021
Silverpurple:

Maybe, if this is related to enterprise and wealth. The young, old, yellow, black, educated and illiterate of them are known to command wealth.

I'm sure you will have dealt with at least one of: Glo, Sterling Bank, Conoil, FCMB, etc. Infact if you have voted using naija printed ballot paper or used the BRT in lagos, or used a first bank, standard chartered, etc cheque book. You have patronised one Ijebu or the other.

Different regions of the Yoruba land have their expertise. Ibadan for example are know as warriors from the ancient time. The Ekiti people are known to value eduction, with a large number of professors. Similar things for other regions. But for the Ijebu's they are the olówò ishèmbayè (i.e. acient wealth)
Is Sterling bank own by an Ijebu man?
Re: Awujale Of Ijebu, Sikiru Adetona Denies Issuing A Statement On Sunday Igboho by Ayobami7(m): 8:02am On Feb 08, 2021
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Congratulates Akinwunmi Ambode On His 60th Birthday / First Lady Oluremi Tinubu Commends Super Falcons / Jonathan Directs Ministries & Parastatals To Submit Hand-Over Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.