Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,434 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

I Need To Enable Registry Editing On My Pc - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Need To Enable Registry Editing On My Pc (879 Views)

How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows / How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options / How Can I Configure My Pc To Browse Using Phone As A Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need To Enable Registry Editing On My Pc by ujuslims(f): 7:40pm On Jul 04, 2007
whenever i try to use "regedit" or install a registry file, my computer says - REGISTRY EDITING HAS BEEN DISABLED BY YOUR ADMINISTRATOR
i'm the only user on the pc. am i not supposed to be the admin? help out, i need to install some stuff but, it gets pretty annoying
Re: I Need To Enable Registry Editing On My Pc by Ynot(m): 9:07pm On Jul 04, 2007
Change your account type to computer adminitrator
Re: I Need To Enable Registry Editing On My Pc by Maleeq(m): 10:20am On Jul 05, 2007
Windows is so funny. . .twisted. Sometimes, the administrator can remove certain privileges from himself too!
Well, lets rule the possibility of a virus on your system and that your account is a member of the Administrators group, then try this:

- Go to 'RUN', type in 'gpedit.msc' and then ENTER
- On the left hand pane of the "group policy" management console that comes up:
- Expand the "User Configuration" node
- Clink on the "System" node

- Now, in the right hand pane of the console, select "Prevent access to registry editing tools". It would most probably be not configured or enabled.
- If it is 'enabled', disable it.
- It it is 'not configured', enable it firstly, click on APPLY and then disable it.

- Finally, to ensure that the changes are applied immediately(Windows applies changes in 15minutes interval), type in "gpupdate" in the command prompt.

This should get you the access you need to the registry.
Re: I Need To Enable Registry Editing On My Pc by Ralvy(m): 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2007
The possible reason is that your computer is infected with a virus, Or it was infected and you have erased it but it left some weird changes on your system. You may need to download a registry file with an .inf extension and install to restore default windows registry settings. You can find the file through google or other intense search engine. If you're unable to find the file. Shoot me a mail; geezlenator@gmail.com and I will send u a rar. file containing a "remove restriction tool" software that can restore the windows registry and many others that you have been denied access to as a computer administrator. Ciao

(1) (Reply)

Be Your Own Boss And Let People Chase You For Employment / How Can You Bootstart Laptop Repair Business In Nigeria / Can A Mail Server Be Run/managed Efficiently In Nigeria? Urgent Response Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.