Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,000 members, 7,845,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Why The Increase In Cars With Tinted Glass? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why The Increase In Cars With Tinted Glass? (1239 Views)

Enugu Government Bans Unauthorised Use Of Vehicles With Tinted Glasses / Doctor's Report and Tinted Glass Permit / Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Increase In Cars With Tinted Glass? by Casemiro(m): 11:27am On Feb 07, 2021
I noticed that the number of cars with tinted glass is increasing.

I mean, individuals having tinted glass.
I thought you need to obtain special permission before using tinted glasses.

Is there something I'm missing?
Re: Why The Increase In Cars With Tinted Glass? by Shelumiel: 11:34am On Feb 07, 2021
In Nigeria, you only need your money to fly on your own terms.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Increase In Cars With Tinted Glass? by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:40am On Feb 07, 2021
Casemiro:

The permit is now easier to obtain unlike before. Just pay a document registration agent and get your tinted glass permit with other document. Don't ask how he got it done too. Lol

Back in 2014 when I wanted to obtain my tinted permit, had to go to the divisional headquarter in my state and got scanned multiple times... Finger print, face and medical report showing I have sight issues and heavy lights affect my eyes. That time, you dare not tint your glass and take the car with you to obtain your tinted permit. You won't go back home with the car. grin
If it's not a car that is factory tinted, the tinting is done at the police station under the supervision of a police officer at that time. But everything has changed now.

Later lost that permit and recently obtained another one. I was shocked at how easy the process was. I just paid someone and he sent my tinted glass permit after some days. No fingerprint scan, nothing!

1 Like

Re: Why The Increase In Cars With Tinted Glass? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:44am On Feb 07, 2021
because of security reasons
Re: Why The Increase In Cars With Tinted Glass? by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:48am On Feb 07, 2021
There are so many obvious reasons for tinting a car but this days, boys just do it for fashion cuz it makes the car look classy. But in reality, tinited glass gives you a sense of security especially if you're driving a car that's relatively new and a lot of people don't know you with the car. It also protect the sun from filtering into your car. For me, that's the best part of it.

4 Likes

Re: Why The Increase In Cars With Tinted Glass? by andrewbaba44: 12:09pm On Feb 07, 2021
Casemiro:

Very easy to obtain

After I purchased my car the following week I applied for a tinted permit which includes police report and doctors report and got it within a month from the road safety office ,cost 20k kpere grin

Nothing special
Re: Why The Increase In Cars With Tinted Glass? by andrewbaba44: 12:11pm On Feb 07, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

The permit is now easier to obtain unlike before. Just pay a document registration agent and get your tinted glass permit with other document. Don't ask how he got it done too. Lol

Back in 2014 when I wanted to obtain my tinted permit, had to go to the divisional headquarter in my state and got scanned multiple times... Finger print, face and medical report showing I have sight issues and heavy lights affect my eyes. That time, you dare not tint your glass and take the car with you to obtain your tinted permit. You won't go back home with the car. grin
If it's not a car that is factory tinted, the tinting is done at the police station under the supervision of a police officer at that time. But everything has changed now.

Later lost that permit and recently obtained another one. I was shocked at how easy the process was. I just paid someone and he sent my tinted glass permit after some days. No fingerprint scan, nothing!

The permit have been easier from day one

Unless you no no person then

Trust me
Re: Why The Increase In Cars With Tinted Glass? by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:14pm On Feb 07, 2021
andrewbaba44:

The permit have been easier from day one

Unless you no no person then

Trust me
I no no person den oo. �
Re: Why The Increase In Cars With Tinted Glass? by weyreypey: 12:33pm On Feb 07, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

I no no person den oo. �
Giving you a permit will amount to a crime
Re: Why The Increase In Cars With Tinted Glass? by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:37pm On Feb 07, 2021
weyreypey:

Giving you a permit will amount to a crime
Really? And you?
Re: Why The Increase In Cars With Tinted Glass? by kenny2u(m): 1:58pm On Feb 07, 2021
You should have gone back and reprint since you've done the biometrics

Kelvin30286063:

Re: Why The Increase In Cars With Tinted Glass? by FuckEveryday: 2:48pm On Feb 07, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
There are so many obvious reasons for tinting a car but this days, boys just do it for fashion cuz it makes the car look classy. But in reality, tinited glass gives you a sense of security especially if you're driving a car that's relatively new and a lot of people don't know you with the car. It also protect the sun from filtering into your car. For me, that's the best part of it.
The only reason I tinted mine...driving under Lagos sun without tint makes Ur AC blow heat sef

1 Like

Re: Why The Increase In Cars With Tinted Glass? by 3kay945(m): 8:34pm On Feb 07, 2021
I noticed it too and I concluded that it because the police hasn't fully get back on their feet after the EndSars saga.
Many using it do not possess any permit.
They just want to enjoy the fun while it last. cool
Re: Why The Increase In Cars With Tinted Glass? by izzou(m): 8:49pm On Feb 07, 2021
3kay945:
I noticed it too and I concluded that it because the police hasn't fully get back on their feet after the EndSars saga.
Many using it do not possess any permit.
They just want to enjoy the fun while it last. cool

Wrong

A Tinted permit is very easy to get. Very very easy

You see those Yahoo boys with Tinted Toyota's and Lexuses?

They all have tinted permits
Re: Why The Increase In Cars With Tinted Glass? by 3kay945(m): 9:04pm On Feb 07, 2021
izzou:

Wrong

A Tinted permit is very easy to get. Very very easy

You see those Yahoo boys with Tinted Toyota's and Lexuses?

They all have tinted permits

How do you come to this conclusion?

Mind you, even if the permit is one kobo, many still won't have. How many drivers have valid driver licence?
I repeat, many are taking the current weaknesses of the police to do as they wish.

1 Like

Re: Why The Increase In Cars With Tinted Glass? by bjtinz: 10:31pm On Feb 07, 2021
Make una continue oo.

Very soon police will start asking why so many Nigerians are having light sensitivity
Re: Why The Increase In Cars With Tinted Glass? by Crochet: 10:48pm On Feb 07, 2021
What of We dat don't have car not to talk of tire,, is well baba God show mercy..
Re: Why The Increase In Cars With Tinted Glass? by bastien: 12:54pm On Feb 08, 2021
I'm definitely gonna tint every glass excluding the front wheelscreen when I get my car in weeks time

(1) (Reply)

Please I Needs Either Toyota Camry 1999 Or 2000 Or 2001 / 2000 - 2003 Toyota Rav4 Ecm Module And Transmission Issues. / In Nigeria What Car Would You Say Is The 'king Of The Road'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.