Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects (5517 Views)

Obi v Tinubu: Tribunal admits documents on Tinubu's alleged illicit drug offence / Senators Uncover ‘20 Proposed Electricity Projects’ In Mamman Saleh LGA / COVID-19: SERAP Asks Buhari To Use Confiscated Stolen Assets As Isolation Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects by TemmyT002(m): 8:18pm On Feb 07, 2021
SaintBeehot:
Honestly SERAP seems useless to me.

SERAP is an independent body calling the government to account.
What organization have you joined to do the same? What has been your contribution?
Do you think SERAP is a government body?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects by vioment: 8:20pm On Feb 07, 2021
That is the known one.

The unknown ones like 16 billion wey Atiku divert suppose dey there.

I hope we even have account of the one we tried to do with our money, aside from borrowed money.
Re: SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects by oscarvicto(m): 8:26pm On Feb 07, 2021
vincentjk:
Many people are now rooting for solar energy.

How much will a solar that'll power a flat with freezer, tv, an AC and multiple light bulbs cost me please?

This nepa people na better thief dem be abeg.

We do solar nd CCTV installation nationwide
Re: SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects by HaBaE(m): 8:31pm On Feb 07, 2021
Omattah10:
Mr DJ please can you play SERAP FT WORLD BANK

Which Year coz it 1999 own down to 2020 which one u want
DJ _me
Re: SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects by CodeTemplar: 8:33pm On Feb 07, 2021
vincentjk:

How much will a solar that'll power a flat with freezer, tv, an AC and multiple light bulbs cost me please?

You just spoke my mind. How much does solar cost self? If that 500m USD is used for solar let's say one house gets $5000 and 500,000 houses/businesses are covered, what can that do with solar?
Re: SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects by Carlylepneuma: 8:38pm On Feb 07, 2021
if only y'all follow up most of these projects like this bumper to bumper both with the legal backup and all. things would have been a little better
Re: SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects by vincentjk(m): 8:43pm On Feb 07, 2021
CodeTemplar:
You just spoke my mind. How much does solar cost self? If that 500m USD is used for solar let's say one house gets $5000 and 500,000 houses/businesses are covered, what can that do with solar?

I don't understand, please be more clear in your question.
Re: SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects by SaintBeehot(m): 9:15pm On Feb 07, 2021
TemmyT002:

What organization have you joined to do the same? What has been your contribution?
All calls/demand from them to the federal government, non has ever been responded to. Do you have any scenario where they received any tangible response??
Re: SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects by zoedew: 9:32pm On Feb 07, 2021
Great! Considering that the World Bank is presently looking in the direction of Nigeria with fresh funds
Re: SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects by TemmyT002(m): 9:56pm On Feb 07, 2021
SaintBeehot:
All calls/demand from them to the federal government, non has ever been responded to. Do you have any scenario where they received any tangible response??

Of course. They've won some and lost others
Re: SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects by shiffynaani(m): 10:22pm On Feb 07, 2021
@serap, thank you very much. The good citizens really appreciate your pursue towards transparency, accountability and fairness. There must be no peace for these corrupt, useless politicians
Re: SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects by certifiedvik(m): 10:47pm On Feb 07, 2021
vincentjk:

hold like 500k
Re: SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects by brandsoncharlie: 12:45am On Feb 08, 2021
vincentjk:

Can you service the use of solar energy in the long term? It will cost more despite its inputs.
We are still far behind with the development of solar energy which is very effective compared to the stage we are now.
Re: SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects by showafrica(m): 12:46am On Feb 08, 2021
vincentjk:

2m

5kva ups, 48v 220A batteries, 12pc
300w panels
Re: SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects by brandsoncharlie: 12:53am On Feb 08, 2021
Vardanes2:
The reason why we don't have power is because for decades, power has been run as a loss making entity. Privatization did not change the issue...the government was left in charge of pricing and the prices were kept very low...

Plus most of the loans have gone into keeping the DISCOS head above water....not into actual development of the sector.

Corruption happens, and SERAP is right to ask for accountability, but the power sector's issues are more than just corruption..which is a symptom of the bigger problem.
The agreement they had with the discos and other inputs that's where the problem is coming from because some persons are using it to cash out in their favor.
I have seen situations like this in other African countries but there's usually a expose to avert such crisis but in Nigeria wahala.
In Nigeria when we see something we say d thing no concern us, but every body today are bearing the consequences of nonchalant attitude.
Re: SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects by SaintBeehot(m): 1:41am On Feb 08, 2021
TemmyT002:

Of course. They've won some and lost others
I never heard of it.
Re: SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects by ddeola: 2:08am On Feb 08, 2021
Una still dey think say World bank want make Naija better abi. After spending billions without any positive result, you will expect any credible establishment or organization to ask questions

Na dem dey fund corruption and corrupt officials in Naija. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects by olmoRoc: 3:51am On Feb 08, 2021
Amen
Re: SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects by Jostoman: 10:45am On Feb 08, 2021
kuonbe:
SERAP all na BOBO. na settlement go end am.

already die matter
let give those guys some credit because they are trying this days.
Re: SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects by Jostoman: 10:46am On Feb 08, 2021
TemmyT002:

SERAP people are really trying now

1 Like

Re: SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects by Blackdisciple(m): 1:56pm On Feb 08, 2021
Nice one.

the light wey I come meet dey shout up NEPA till today, now my small niece is shouting up NEPA too...

Nigeria ain't going forward on light issue.

let them give the records joor
Re: SERAP Asks World Bank To Publish Documents On Funded Electricity Projects by boyjo: 3:43pm On Feb 08, 2021

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aminu Masari: Nigeria Has Become Attractive To Kidnappers / We Will Blow Out The Presidential Villa.- Mend / He's Too Ugly! Girl Attempts Suicide After Meeting Online Lover First Time. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.