Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers (40334 Views)

UBA Publishes Names, BVN And Account Numbers Of FX Defaulters / Providus Bank, Travelport Pledge Full Support To TravelTank (Travel Tech Co) / Here Is The List Of Providus Bank Branches In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by Eillyeillz(m): 8:23pm On Feb 07, 2021
Neymessi:
they give the best loan, best loan app carbon

No they ain't. Fairmoney is.

2 Likes

Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by Yankee101: 8:24pm On Feb 07, 2021
See how 419 is scattering the economy and killing innovation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by olisaEze(m): 8:25pm On Feb 07, 2021
After surviving unemployment, covid19 lockdown, #EndSARS riots and freezing of accounts by this government, they still want to frustrate every legit young hustler down South with the FBI as an excuse.

Why didn’t the United States also restrict the use of bitcoin for transactions there?

4 Likes

Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by Henix(m): 8:26pm On Feb 07, 2021
phenomental40:
am also waiting for one finance(carbon) to do same, been having problems logging in

I just started weekly savings two weeks ago on that carbon, pls I need no story from them oo
Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by Kubernetes: 8:28pm On Feb 07, 2021
I think these sad story may have been hatched by the bank CEOs. The fintech is unprecedented in the last 3 years and have even left commercial banks stunned from the way Nigerians are accessing micro credit from these tech coys. I downloaded carbon loan app and was amazed to see features like funds transfers, loan request, air time recharge, wallet account etc. Infact the app has a tool where u can even generate your credit report like CRC. These apps will eat deeply into the income the commercial banks are generating from interest on loans.
I trade my bitcoin and etherium on Roqqu and Luno but I guess the commercial banks will soon stop relationship with them.For those who fall in my category, you can continue trading and mining by using my favorite platform called Binance

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by Hakeemoyegoke(m): 8:29pm On Feb 07, 2021
What about thier POS services known as money point.
Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:30pm On Feb 07, 2021
The government just want the youths to suffer. Na to leave this country for these evil people

1 Like

Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by SenecaTheYonger: 8:31pm On Feb 07, 2021
teewaik:
Oga try to comprehend things.... They meant grace fully exit from providus while they move to another correspondence bank...Your money is still there...na wa oo

Smh, like people won't be trying to withdraw their funds in a panic rush thereby overloading the system. Knowing how ill-equipped Nigerian financial institutions are when it comes to handling things like this, it's going to be chaos.
Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 07, 2021
All in a bid to nullify the youth ahead of 2023
Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by RealEzee(m): 8:41pm On Feb 07, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:
Grace exit? My God!!! Money that I put in your safe keeping, you're now telling me you want to give me the grace to exit? Chai.
wetin dey worry u, Shey u no read say dey don partner with wema bank? Abeg dey read well Ja re
Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by odun51587: 8:41pm On Feb 07, 2021
I go soon leave this country for una
Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by Awoo88: 8:43pm On Feb 07, 2021
Mikecold:
Am expecting VFD too
My 5100 naira pos failed transaction is still unresolved after about one week. I am looking at VFD with one eye.
Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by BigBashiru: 8:45pm On Feb 07, 2021
Ghostmode2two:
The government just want the youths to suffer. Na to leave this country for these evil people

Nigerians want other Nigerians to suffer. Has nothing to do with the government.

1 Like

Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 07, 2021
The cryptocurrency Ban at work Here.
Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by Ashibelieve: 8:50pm On Feb 07, 2021
Now that my post made front page. GET A JOB WITHOUT INTERVIEW on Scoutan.com
Ashibelieve:

https://nairametrics.com/2021/02/07/providus-bank-deactivates-virtual-account-numbers/A

Piggyvest Setup New Virtual Card As CBN Fights Providus

Piggyvest Nigeria top fintech company suffered some setback after CBN ban on banks engaging in cryptocurrency affected their partnership with Providus.

HOW DOES PIGGYVEST CONNECT WITH PROVIDUS
Providus provides virtual bank account (NUBAN) to piggyvest users to enable direct credit into their platform from any bank app.

This bank on Providus made this feature to be disabled and without NUBAN number piggyvest violates another CBN policy. In less than 24hrs Piggyvest solved the problem with a partnership with Wema.

Business lessson: Be flexible. The adoption of the virtual system if you understand coding is record time. I doubt if any bank in Nigeria can work with such spread.
Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by yetunsbay(m): 8:54pm On Feb 07, 2021
Waho. Na wetin make Fairmoney sey no more personalized providus account number
Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by Spidermon: 8:55pm On Feb 07, 2021
SeunAdeniyi1:
I am happy with this bans left and right. Make all of us die for poverty.

Anyways, let me go and beg garri to eat this night. Hunger wan finish me.

Loooollzzz
Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by Hoelujohn: 8:58pm On Feb 07, 2021
Mindlog:
Fintech is being stiffled.
They are the cause of the artificial free fall of naira.
Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by madukaanaya(m): 8:59pm On Feb 07, 2021
Kaiser20:

Me I just relocated and you guys want to abandon Nigeria for who naa?
guy which country u de? that background make sense
Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by slimanyd: 9:04pm On Feb 07, 2021
grin grin grin. Sai Buhari sai Buhari , Where are they , They've suddenly lost there voice or they are wailing together with us ni? I believe they have a better economy than we wey no vote for this disaster then. Make we dey enjoy am together.

Why am I happy sef about this latest stuff from cbn is simply because we are all suffering together , Especially those wey dey shout sai baba that year , We dey feel am together now. Keep shouting sai baba .

1 Like

Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by KennedyOkpara(m): 9:11pm On Feb 07, 2021
Fintech like piggyvest, cowryrise have been amazing. I have always been afraid that FG and CBN would come to hunt them. Not surprised.

3 Likes

Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by sevo(m): 9:12pm On Feb 07, 2021
I just transferred money to the providus bank account aella app gave me... Still haven't gotten the funds in my aella app?? Which kain nonsense be this??
Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by Acidosis(m): 9:16pm On Feb 07, 2021
Mikecold:
Am expecting VFD too

Expecting what?
Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by styleewhyte(m): 9:19pm On Feb 07, 2021
These crooked Bank CEOs are trying to kill Fintechs, because they don't see free money to steal again...instead of them to try and improve their services...they want to play politics...use masses money to be buying up estates and going for holidays and govt crashing savings interest rates...for them

3 Likes

Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by Acidosis(m): 9:24pm On Feb 07, 2021
Kubernetes:
I think these sad story may have been hatched by the bank CEOs. The fintech is unprecedented in the last 3 years and have even left commercial banks stunned from the way Nigerians are accessing micro credit from these tech coys. I downloaded carbon loan app and was amazed to see features like funds transfers, loan request, air time recharge, wallet account etc. Infact the app has a tool where u can even generate your credit report like CRC. These apps will eat deeply into the income the commercial banks are generating from interest on loans.
I trade my bitcoin and etherium on Roqqu and Luno but I guess the commercial banks will soon stop relationship with them.For those who fall in my category, you can continue trading and mining by using my favorite platform called Binance

Deposit money banks OWN the CBN. They didn't expect the level of innovation from these fintech CEOs and extent of acceptance in the country.

When you use certain fintech apps like VBank, Kuda, i-Invest and co, you will never want to associate yourself with GTBank mobile rubbish. Some of them are now trying too hard to catch up but no one seems interested.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by Basher8583: 9:25pm On Feb 07, 2021
Brendaniel:
I knew they will attack these virtual bank accounts, Buhari and his goons in action grin

Imagine a fraudster that stole your money. You reported to the bank and his accounts have been frozen bank wide.

He then opens a virtual account in a different name to continue his defrauding activity.
Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by waslag11(m): 9:26pm On Feb 07, 2021
don't panic your money is safe, I just withdraw some cash now
Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by MadamExcellency: 9:31pm On Feb 07, 2021
Basher8583:

Imagine a fraudster that stole your money. You reported to the bank and his accounts have been frozen bank wide.

He then opens a virtual account in a different name to continue his defrauding activity.

Virtual accounts function with BVN

8 Likes

Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 07, 2021
TysonsCorner:
This country is doomed

NO SIR.

2 Likes

Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by tete7000(m): 9:41pm On Feb 07, 2021
bigpsalmmy:
The CBN is really suffering from bad policy managers. I seriously wonder if they actually consider the pulse of potential and existing investors in policy making and implementation. We should expect a huge drop in FDI, foreign port folio investment, and except existing investors to begin a panick exist if they continue to fail to protect investors confidence.

They are working hand in hand to make everybody poor and bloody like the almajiri. Apart from cow and grazing, Buhari knows nothing else. He is scared they use those financial platform to sponsor end sars.

2 Likes

Re: Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers by hustla(m): 9:42pm On Feb 07, 2021
Neymessi:
they give the best loan, best loan app carbon

What are their rates

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. / POS Fraud Transaction On My Account / Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.