Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,203 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

"You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? (805 Views)

What If All These Things Are Really True? / Skuki Peeshaun Alerts EFCC As Biodun Fatoyinbo Asks Students To Sow 500k Seed / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Asks Students To Sow N500,000 As Seed (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? by GreaterFuture3: 5:08pm On Feb 07, 2021
Is it? Is is it really really true?

The Biggest SCAM in Life is LIFE Itself.
Re: "You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? by xproducer: 7:47pm On Feb 07, 2021
It is true because GOD declares the very same in the Holy Bible... and “God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent..." - Numbers 23:19

So,
"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap" - Galatians 6:7

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad." - 2 Corinthians 5:10

1 Like

Re: "You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? by Uyi168: 7:54pm On Feb 07, 2021
No single truth in it.
I've seen people not reap the dividends of their good deeds.

And others too, get away with their evil deeds.
Re: "You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? by Gentle0wavez: 6:22am On Feb 08, 2021
Yes it's true, its like the devil is tempting you yo do evil. Trying to make you think there is no repercussions.
Re: "You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? by GreaterFuture3: 4:11pm On Feb 09, 2021
Gentle0wavez:
Yes it's true, its like the devil is tempting you yo do evil. Trying to make you think there is no repercussions.
Lol No I'm not trying to be evil.
I am saying this in respect to Financial Security, many things do not add Up.

1 Like

Re: "You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? by GreaterFuture3: 4:14pm On Feb 09, 2021
xproducer:
It is true because GOD declares the very same in the Holy Bible... and “God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent..." - Numbers 23:19

So,
"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap" - Galatians 6:7

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad." - 2 Corinthians 5:10
Same bible says in Ecclesiastes 9:11
I have seen something further under the sun, that the swift do not always win the race, nor do the mighty win the battle, nor do the wise always have the food, nor do the intelligent always have the riches, nor do those with knowledge always have success...
Re: "You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:04pm On Feb 09, 2021
I'm Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, would you appreciate if i contribute to the ongoing discussion?
Reaping what one sow has a totally different meaning to what a layman thought it is, but i'll expatiate further if permitted! smiley
Re: "You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? by GreaterFuture3: 6:04pm On Feb 09, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I'm Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, would you appreciate if i contribute to the ongoing discussion?
Reaping what one sow has a totally different meaning to what a layman thought it is, but i'll expatiate further if permitted! smiley
Ok, go ahead.
Re: "You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:08pm On Feb 09, 2021
Sowing and Reaping is peculiar to farming, when a person is sowing any seed he/she anticipates reaping the fruitage. The plant will start growing gradually while the sower continue to watering his farm and removing the weeds so that nothing hinders his favorite plant from growing.
PRACTICAL APPLICATION!
God is not judging anyone now based on our sinful traits because we inherited it from our first human parents and circumstances surrounding us is not palatable in any way, but God is calling us into his arrangement which he set for cleaning process.
The cleansing involves knowing all the things God's son taught by thoughts, words and deeds, it's not easy to imitate God's son completely now but each individual must admit that he needs cleansing. No matter how evil anyone may be, as long as he's prepared to change his ways God will grant such a person the opportunity to live for another 1,000 years where he will have enough time under the best condition to become Christlike {Revelations 20:5} until the final temptation all those who live on this planet during the 1,000 years are still like walking corpse before God because they are not yet certified to live forever!

So how does the reaping and sowing applies to all these? Note that God's son (Jesus) was from Jewish background therefore it will become a difficulty for nepotists who feels they're OK to humbly learn anything from Jesus. Zephaniah 2:2-3
Thieves, homosexuals, fornicators, adulterers, drunkards, witches, racists, hot tempered, egoistic and other traits will hinder so many people to think of emulating Jesus, therefore these traits are WHAT THEY'VE SOWN and watered for years that will hinder them from accepting the invitation from Jesus' followers to come and join in the cleansing process.
So when God wants to normalize the system in preparation for the 1,000 years of peace, plenty, good health and other blessings God must first remove the obstacles, meaning they will not be around when the cleansing process begins! Psalms 37:7-11; Proverbs 2:20-22
An example is the armed robber that was executed together with Jesus, immediately this man realized he needs to be cleansed and accepted Jesus as his role model, Jesus said to him "i promise you today, you will be with me in Paradise"
Definitely this thief wasn't worthy of such a privilege but he was prepared for the cleansing whereas his cohort was looking for ways to escape and probably return to his former habits, the religious leaders of Jesus' day were so egoistic that they were fully prepared to bury their conscience in order to kill Jesus! John 7:45-52
So it's not about getting rich in this wicked system of things but the habit each person is nurturing whether good or evil, it's when the chance to accept the invitation that what you've sown will either help you or hinder you! Matthew 10:11-15; 13:3-23 smiley

GreaterFuture3:

Ok, go ahead.
Re: "You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? by xproducer: 7:43pm On Feb 09, 2021
GreaterFuture3:

I have seen something further under the sun, that the swift do not always win the race, nor do the mighty win the battle, nor do the wise always have the food, nor do the intelligent always have the riches, nor do those with knowledge always have success...

===========

That it does, but what does Ecclesiastes 9:11 have to do with the initial post, and my response?

My response confirms the initial post, that yes, we reap what we sow!

Your response indicates?
Re: "You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? by jantman(m): 12:09am On Feb 10, 2021
Uyi168:
No single truth in it.
I've seen people not reap the dividends of their good deeds.

And others too, get away with their evil deeds.

@ Uyi168
You are very right if you look at the way things works physically

But there is a saying that judgment begins in the life of everyone but the true penalty and reward is giving in the after life
Re: "You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:33am On Feb 10, 2021
jantman:

@ Uyi168
You are very right if you look at the way things works physically
God's son (Jesus) explained that divine judgement is not for those outside God's organization. God bless both good and evildoers {Matthew 5:45} it's only within his worshipers that rules were set to punish anyone that profane his holy name! Leviticus 20:10; 1Corinthians 5:12-13

But there is a saying that judgment begins in the life of everyone but the true penalty and reward is giving in the after life
According to God's word there is no more wages for sin after death {Romans 6:7} because the one and only capital punishment for sin is death! Romans 6:23 compare to Genesis 3:19

Judgment day has nothing to do with what people did before their death, it's about what they chose to do during the judgment day which is a period of 1,000 years {Revelations 20:1-5} when only sinful humans will die and never be resurrected again! {Revelations 20:11-15} during that time ONLY UNREPENTANT WRONGDOERS WILL EXPERIENCE DEATH NOT EVERYONE! Isaiah 65:20 smiley
Re: "You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? by Gentle0wavez: 4:48pm On Feb 10, 2021
GreaterFuture3:

OK, well when David sinned against God, it wrecked his family not his money. So it's not a must that you will be poor, it may touch other aspect. One man that oppressed a widow in my village is still rich, even getting richer but the woman's cursed him and it affected his health badly to the point that his money haven't been able to help him.
Re: "You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? by LikeAking: 12:03am On Feb 11, 2021
GreaterFuture3:

You are very smart.

That scam is the major problem in the world.
Re: "You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? by LikeAking: 12:05am On Feb 11, 2021
Gentle0wavez:

OK, well when David sinned against God, it wrecked his family not his money. So it's not a must that you will be poor, it may touch other aspect. One man that oppressed a widow in my village is still rich, even getting richer but the woman's cursed him and it affected his health badly to the point that his money haven't been able to help him.

That story na just illustration.

E no happen.

The ppl controlling the world made that up.
Re: "You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? by LikeAking: 12:06am On Feb 11, 2021
GreaterFuture3:

Thank you.

We must liberate our ppl from bondage.
Re: "You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? by culf: 12:54am On Feb 11, 2021
GreaterFuture3:

yes it is true but not always. mercy of God can reverse or change that, God's Mercy supersede judgement, God can choose to have mercy on whoever He please to have mercy on.
Re: "You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? by GreaterFuture3: 10:17am On Feb 11, 2021
xproducer:

===========

That it does, but what does Ecclesiastes 9:11 have to do with the initial post, and my response?

My response confirms the initial post, that yes, we reap what we sow!

Your response indicates?
Ecc 9:11 debunks the idea of Reaping where you put effort, it makes it clear that those deserving of something don't usually get it.

My Original post stems from Worries about Financial Security.
Re: "You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? by Gentle0wavez: 5:43pm On Feb 11, 2021
LikeAking:

That story na just illustration.

E no happen.

The ppl controlling the world made that up.

The bible was written over a thousand years ago and that time no body was thinking of ways to rule the world
Re: "You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? by xproducer: 4:42pm On Feb 14, 2021
GreaterFuture3:

Ecc 9:11 debunks the idea of Reaping where you put effort, it makes it clear that those deserving of something don't usually get it.

--------------

I see. I was referring to spiritual cause and effect, as opposed to conscious labor and reward, or lack thereof.

Nevertheless, you make a good point. Other parts of holy Scripture that comes to mind to support what you say (though God blesses the works of one's hands, and even graciously blesses those who are in enmity with Him). - "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust." - Matthew 5:45

It speaks to GOD's goodness, and mercies - despite inherent and daily sin and offences.

Psalm 73 speaks to the matter in more detail -

The Tragedy of the Wicked, and the Blessedness of Trust in God

1Truly God is good to Israel,
To such as are pure in heart.
2 But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled;
My steps had nearly slipped.
3 For I was envious of the boastful,
When I saw the prosperity of the wicked.

4 For there are no pangs in their death,
But their strength is firm.
5 They are not in trouble as other men,
Nor are they plagued like other men.
6 Therefore pride serves as their necklace;
Violence covers them like a garment.
7 Their eyes bulge with abundance;
They have more than heart could wish.

8 They scoff and speak wickedly concerning oppression;
They speak loftily.
9 They set their mouth against the heavens,
And their tongue walks through the earth.

10 Therefore his people return here,
And waters of a full cup are drained by them.
11 And they say, “How does God know?
And is there knowledge in the Most High?”
12 Behold, these are the ungodly,
Who are always at ease;
They increase in riches.

13 Surely I have cleansed my heart in vain,
And washed my hands in innocence.
14 For all day long I have been plagued,
And chastened every morning.

15 If I had said, “I will speak thus,”
Behold, I would have been untrue to the generation of Your children.
16 When I thought how to understand this,
It was too painful for me—
17 Until I went into the sanctuary of God;
Then I understood their end.

18 Surely You set them in slippery places;
You cast them down to destruction.
19 Oh, how they are brought to desolation, as in a moment!
They are utterly consumed with terrors.

To corroborate what dtruthspeaker says below...

"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." - Matthew 16:26-34
Re: "You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:17pm On Feb 14, 2021
GreaterFuture3:

The Bible never promised financial security
Re: "You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:25pm On Feb 14, 2021
GreaterFuture3:

ECC 9:11 does not vitiate the Law of Sowing rather it is pointing to another Law that is seen upon the face of the earth.

Your True problem is not financial security (but you do not know that)

Your True Problem is that you have still not learnt what the The Lord is telling all men.

(1) (Reply)

Do Dreams Have Meaning? / Apostle Paul Vs James (faith Vs Work) What Did Jesus Really Teach? / Proof That The God Of Israel Is Satan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.