Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:46 AM

Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial (5158 Views)

Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250m / Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP / Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by OmoTier1(m): 1:29pm On Apr 06, 2011
NTA turns down Shekarau TV commercial
Wednesday, April 06, 2011

More Stories on This Section
The Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) has turned down a paid television commercial featuring Malam Ibrahim Shekarau, presidential candidate of the All Nigeria People’s Party (ANPP) and Kano State Governor.

The commercial, produced by the Shekarau for Nigeria Campaign Organisation (SfN), is adapted from the NN24 presidential debate, where Mallam Shekarau was deemed to have performed excellently. It contained the candidate’s closing remarks where he detailed his famous “Six Characteristics of Good Governance.”

Shekarau had said at that debate: “Every Nigerian aspires to have good governance. There are six globally-accepted standards of good governance, which are agreed upon even by the World Bank and the United Nations. Number one: Voice and accountability; Number two: Political stability; Number three: Effectiveness in governance; Number four: Regulatory control; Number five: Rule of law; and Number six: Control of corruption.”

“So, if you want good governance, my advice to you is, look at these characteristics, who among the candidates considering his past and antecedents can guarantee the satisfaction of these six standards of good governance, whoever it is between you and your Almighty God, vote for him.”
When the Shekarau Campaign Organisation first approached NTA to air the commercial two weeks ago, the television station cited copyright issues and asked the organisation to seek a no objection from NN24 as the original producers. The organisation approached NN24, issued a no objection for the SfN to use the debate or its component parts on other media.

However, when SfN again approached NTA with the commercial on Monday, the NTA again turned it down. This time, they suggested to the Shekarau campaign organisation to arrange opportunity for NTA cameramen to visit and record Mallam Shekarau themselves, which the SfN rejected.
“The SfN feels very strongly that NTA’s attitude negates all principles of fair play and is clearly aimed at denying an opposition candidate equal rights to its airwaves, despite paying for same,” it said.
This is against all the rules of the game set by the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC), which the SfN is approaching for redress.

Meanwhile, Mallam’s “Six Characteristics of Good Governance” is running in the daily newspapers, and shall soon hit other, non-NTA, television stations across the country.
Dr. Muhammad Sani Bello
Director General

SOURCE:http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/apr/06/national-06-04-2011-07.htm
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by Orikinla(m): 3:42pm On Apr 06, 2011
Don't worry. We don't need the NTA. Our revolution will be live on the CNN and on the Internet.
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by Kilode1: 3:52pm On Apr 06, 2011
Orikinla:

Don't worry. We don't need the NTA. Our revolution will be live on the CNN and on the Internet.

Exactly! EgyptTV did worse, eventually they shamefully succumbed to people power. Pain is coming to the oppressors.
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 06, 2011
Orikinla:

Thank you my brother, those people at nta are glorified slaves. Wearing agbada up and down
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by dominique(f): 4:12pm On Apr 06, 2011
who still watches NTA
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 06, 2011
dominique:

who still watches NTA
Help me ask, biggest network disaster embarassed
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by naijaking1: 5:07pm On Apr 06, 2011
In a democracy, NTA should not be turning down commercials from political opponents. angry
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by eros(m): 5:51pm On Apr 06, 2011
dominique:

who still watches NTA

NTA will go into extinction after the April polls.
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by beknown(m): 6:02pm On Apr 06, 2011
NTA is the campaign machine of the PDP.

Just watch NTA and the evidence is clear in all the news stories.

All NTA news appears to be about only PDP and Jonathan political campaign.

HABA! Even the blind can see the unfairness.

If you do not believe me and you live in the UK, watch Sky Channel 204 from 9pm to 10pm.
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by Fhemmmy: 6:02pm On Apr 06, 2011
Has there ever been a fair play ground in Nigeria when it comes to demonstration of craziness?
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by anishe(m): 6:04pm On Apr 06, 2011
NTA is rubbish. Who still watches NTA by the way in this era of globalisation.
NTA should go and rest joooo. They only support AGIP (any govt. in power)
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by ideylaff: 6:14pm On Apr 06, 2011
NTA = NO TELEVISION AT-ALL

who dey watch dem anyway, all dey do is

OVer to you Funke in aw aAbuja Office, Oh hello Rotimi in awa Lagos Offgice, over to Chidi in awa Calabar office, ohh thank you Rotimi, ur loking nice 2day, over to Ruth in awa Aba office, WHAT A STATION, isssh
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by sholasys: 6:39pm On Apr 06, 2011
i cant remember when i watched NTA last. I swap btw channels tv, ait, cnn then i stick to aljazeera.
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 06, 2011
It was on the same NTA we saw who the cap fits, on the saw NTA we saw Obasanjos vote for continuity (3d term), On the same NTA we saw 7 point Agenda ( when the Cabal Hijacked Nigeria) supporting Yar Adua even when he was ill ans spreading false news about SNG calling us trouble makers and people with christian Agenda, and the same NTA now we are seeing what we are seeing, very soon they too will become opposition and the same NTA will be used against them
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by ogaemma: 6:50pm On Apr 06, 2011
fake story,bounch of lies and poor journalism.That was how ir was published that AIT and NTA rejects Buhari advert,but today I see Buhari on AIT & NTA.
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by snowdrops(m): 7:04pm On Apr 06, 2011
NTA is government owned and funded. It is their mouth piece. They root for any government in power.
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by Lynosil(m): 7:13pm On Apr 06, 2011
Well, i am not suprised that NTA behaves that way, i think NBC should investigate this allegation. wink
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by dustydee: 7:18pm On Apr 06, 2011
and NTA is busy advertising free o charge for GEJ. saw them today asking people what they thought about his campaign tour and dressing.pathetic.
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by poetdee1(m): 7:18pm On Apr 06, 2011
It is funny how you think the revolution in Egypt is a success. I bet you think it is right that Gadaffi loses out again to the west. You surely have no idea of politics. Why do you think there is unrest in the arab world? Why did you think Mrs Clinton and David Cameron went to Egypt after the President stepped down ?
Oh well I will give you something to think about. 2 Naira was 1 Pound before the Nigerian-Biafran War, in USA and England and the rest of the West supported the Nigerian government and made a deal with them. Therefore no matter who you vote for even if you become the president yourself, you will listen to the west and share the natural resource. The problem is not our government, it is deal they have made !. When Abacha will not follow the deal he was termed a terrorist, now it is Gadaffi who will not sell his oil the way they want it . If anyone was so bothered about human rights why was there no help in Rwanda? or more recently Zimbabwe ? NO CRUDE OIL or great natural resource. I know a lot of you will believe so much in the west and how great they are but I can say for the UK the only thing they have is human management and that goes back to the days of the slave trade. Check this exchange rate  Lib1.00 LYD = 0.501661 GBP so you can see how strong the Libyan Dinar is.  I do not care how long Gaddaffi has been in power, the same circle of people rule in the UK too just like in Nigeria. SO stop being brain washed thinking they are all that. They rip the world to sustain their country.
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by santanovva(m): 7:39pm On Apr 06, 2011
2011 Presidential Election Coverage: How Free And Fair Is The Nigerian Press
« on: March 21, 2011, 10:16 AM »

Apart from the legislative,executive and judicial arms of government,the Press (both broadcast/electronic and prints) is silently regarded as the Fourth Estate of the Realm.

In the forth coming elections,the actions and inaction of the media (the press)will,in a long way, determine the eventual winners and losers of the election.The press,no doubt is very potent and a country that has a 'blind-praise-singing press' would(in one way or the other) have a 'blind' government!

The press,apart from being 'partners in progress' with the government should also perform its 'watchdog' functions.do we need a press that runs with the hares and hunts with the hounds?The press shouldn't be absolved from the consequences of their actions and inactions all in their quest to be profitable and be the advertiser's(governments)delight.The press should be accountable to the public,they should serve public interest!

Lets take a closer look at the Nigerian Press:HOW FREE & FAIR HAVE THEY BEEN as regards the coverage of the 2011 Presidential elections?

Have you observed any bias in the media coverage of the candidates as regards content(volume)direction (positive/negative)?what media house (broadcast and prints)do you think is being bias?lets open up on the roles our media are playing towards the success of the coming election without losing sight of the fact that 'he who pays the piper calls the tune'

I for one,think Silverbird Television is been bias and pro GEJ,am i wrong? Huh
Please,share your views as we embark on a media assessment/audit, or before our eyes (or those of our children)the press will become the Fourth Estate of the Wreck (God forbid!)

Regards.

I saw this coming
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by ufumes(m): 7:47pm On Apr 06, 2011
in this country, almost everything is an issue. Well in disguise, the rejection had brought blessings to shekarau in Disguise. Afterall he is enjoying free advert all over the internet.
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by naijaking1: 8:00pm On Apr 06, 2011
NTA needs to be condemned very strongly, but let's not forget it's a goverment station.
Over the years, NTA and some state owned stations were the only stations allowed to broadcast in Nigeria, they've always been controlled by elements in Goverment.

Can you imagine where we don't have access to the other stations we have now
Thank God for OBJ who allowed the infrastructure for cable, satallite, etc.

In the days of Buhari, Abacha, and IBB who are you to speak about listening to, tuning to, or watching a private TV station.---that would probably be a death sentence by hanging shocked
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by MaiSuya(m): 8:52pm On Apr 06, 2011
funny, I've been hearing the said commercial regularly on FRCN radio, also owned by the government. Na wetin dey worry NTA sef?
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by darknouiui: 9:11pm On Apr 06, 2011
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by honeric01(m): 9:24pm On Apr 06, 2011
NTA? hehehehe AIT is now a sister station to NTA, sucks like hell.
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by xterra2(m): 9:40pm On Apr 06, 2011
poetdee1:

It is funny how you think the revolution in Egypt is a success. I bet you think it is right that Gadaffi loses out again to the west. You surely have no idea of politics. Why do you think there is unrest in the arab world? Why did you think Mrs Clinton and David Cameron went to Egypt after the President stepped down ?
Oh well I will give you something to think about. 2 Naira was 1 Pound before the Nigerian-Biafran War, in USA and England and the rest of the West supported the Nigerian government and made a deal with them. Therefore no matter who you vote for even if you become the president yourself, you will listen to the west and share the natural resource. The problem is not our government, it is deal they have made !. When Abacha will not follow the deal he was termed a terrorist, now it is Gadaffi who will not sell his oil the way they want it . If anyone was so bothered about human rights why was there no help in Rwanda? or more recently Zimbabwe ? NO CRUDE OIL or great natural resource. I know a lot of you will believe so much in the west and how great they are but I can say for the UK the only thing they have is human management and that goes back to the days of the slave trade. Check this exchange rate  Lib1.00 LYD = 0.501661 GBP so you can see how strong the Libyan Dinar is.  I do not care how long Gaddaffi has been in power, the same circle of people rule in the UK too just like in Nigeria. SO stop being brain washed thinking they are all that. They rip the world to sustain their country.

Thank you, Bless you i like non-ignorant people like you, the Egypt revolution was done by US which they started in 1006 as part of the 'new middle east'
now they want to take Libya's oil, we see the rebels supported by NATO's airforce and arms provided by egypt are trying to sell oil

The west is destroying countries angry angry angry
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by bigma(m): 10:13pm On Apr 06, 2011
he should nt worry.we know who the cap fit.nta is nt a station to watch
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by Amalaaba: 10:22pm On Apr 06, 2011
Poetdeel1, I cannot add more to what you have written. May God bless you.
Just to expand a little: Yemeni and Bahairnian government are killing their people and the west and their "objective" press are looking away, but are crying murder in Syria and Libya. If Israel should kill all Arabs, it is self defense. The west is using the world to enrich themselves.
I hope some day, we shall discuss this angle in more details.
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by gohome: 10:55pm On Apr 06, 2011
full champions league highlights
http://9japikin..com/
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by JomoGbomo2(m): 10:57pm On Apr 06, 2011
@Amalaaba, xterra and poetdee1

You guys spoke my mind, The west call the shot, they define who is stay and who is to go, they were doing this subliminally before, now its open eyes korokoro, one question i keep asking is what is the criteria for being indicted to the international court of justice.

George bush and Tony blair led a war under a fake pretext of WMD and destabilizes a country for about 8 years now, this war was not backed by the UN and no body has ever thought it for these guys to even give the International Court of justice a hearing, but if any African leader does anything straight to international court, I do not support the African rulers dictators but at the same time, these other Western leaders should be checked. The question is by who.

The current trend on how UN is handling issue is alarming, two days ago they blew up the govt. villa of Cote-Ivoire saying Gbagbo is not the recognized winner of the country's election, I am not saying he is, but does that means if a presidential candidate get UN support before the election, he already has 50% chance of winning. cos even if he doesn't win who dare say so.

Lets hope our country will not be next practice ground.
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by poetdee1(m): 11:23pm On Apr 06, 2011
Don't worry about 9ja, their puppets rule us already so nothing will happen to us lol. They just need puppets around the oil rich countries and they can challenge china then. As it stands China has the strongest economy and US and England are used to being d world power. That is why no one is challenging china even though the Nobel prize winner is locked up illegally lol ( well america and the brits believe they can define legal and illegal )
I hate seeing that witch Hilary clinton on TV saying Gaddaffi should go like say na her papa country, I wish I could contact Gadaffi myself sometimes lol, I do not live in Libya but if their currency is that strong I really don't care how long he has been there. The hypocritical british preaching democracy goes to war without asking the citizens, they make cuts on education and give their MP's more money. There is no democracy but it is crazy to see how brain washed we have been over the years. Anything America and the Brits say is right. cheesy
Re: Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial by poetdee1(m): 11:35pm On Apr 06, 2011
JomoGbomo2,Amalaaba and xterra we need to start a new topic about this lol this is really about NTA but i don't watch it cheesy
If you do please leave me the link
Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result / USA 2020 Election : Biden Vs Trump / Bello Ambassadors Meet South East Stakeholders, Get Support For Yahaya Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.