Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,654 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor (6046 Views)

Converted My Peugeot 407 Coupé V6 From Auto To Stick-shift / Peugeot 407 - The Most Common Problems And Fixes / Peugeot 406 Ew10j4 Or Corolla For Fuel Best Fuel Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by munezo(m): 12:10pm On May 25, 2021
emmancecute:
the car came with diesel engine and as been converted to petrol engine already. If convertion is properly done, then you have nothing to worry about.

The car is working fine but I observed that it does hard starting which my Mech has said he will solve by cleaning the plug and nuzzle for me tomorrow.
Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by emmancecute(m): 12:29pm On May 25, 2021
munezo:

The car is working fine but I observed that it does hard starting which my Mech has said he will solve by cleaning the plug and nuzzle for me tomorrow.
how long have you been using it?
Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by emmancecute(m): 12:30pm On May 25, 2021
munezo:

if that doesn't work, he should check if fuel pump has enough pressure.
Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by munezo(m): 12:44pm On May 25, 2021
emmancecute:
how long have you been using it?

6 months now, but it spent more time with artisans than me. It is a long story.

If you are interested in the story, I will narrate it later today.

1 Like

Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by munezo(m): 12:44pm On May 25, 2021
emmancecute:
if that doesn't work, he should check if fuel pump has enough pressure.

Ook thanks, I will tell him.
Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by emmancecute(m): 1:01pm On May 25, 2021
munezo:

6 months now, but it spent more time with artisans than me. It is a long story.

If you are interested in the story, I will narrate it later today.
I'm interested
Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by munezo(m): 1:53pm On May 25, 2021
emmancecute:
I'm interested

Ok, I will drop it later today, I am on the road right now.
Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by munezo(m): 7:13pm On May 25, 2021
emmancecute:
I'm interested

Now, here goes the story.

I went with my Mechanic to another state to buy the 407. We got there, he test-drove it and everything was fine. We paid and drove the car back to state.

I paid my Mech for all the mechanical works he will need to do on the car including servicing, and that when he is done he should take the car to my Rewire for assessment and electrical fix up.

On checking it, my Rewire was very angry with my Mech for going to buy such abused Lion for me. Rewire said the car was an original LHD that was converted, original diesel engine that was changed to petrol. He was vissibly angry with the Mech guy for misleading me.
I was very surprised because we drove the car interstate and didn't have any issue on the road.

I eventually did the folowing to fix the car.
1. I bought a new BSI, brain box and key (they said it comes together)
2. New fuse box
And some other things I can't remember.

After the rewire was done, I still discovered that the car was doing overheating. I decided to take it to a Peugeot dealer in Mainland to fix. On my way there, the car did overheating four times on the road and it burnt the gasket and some other important parts of the engine and I was told the engine was badly damaged by the overheating. I had to buy this new EW10 engine (full tokunbo) for N200,000.00, I bought selection cable for N25,000 (because the gear was very strong right from when I bought it), new clutch disc and plate, and some other stuff I have forgotten.

The car is now okay to a large extent but the major issue now is that if I leave it for a long time, it drains the battery, so I normally remove the battery head till I need to drive it.

That's the story.

1 Like

Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by emmancecute(m): 7:25pm On May 25, 2021
munezo:

Now, here goes the story.

I went with my Mechanic to another state to buy the 407. We got there, he test-drove it and everything was fine. We paid and drove the car back to state.

I paid my Mech for all the mechanical works he will need to do on the car including servicing, and that when he is done he should take the car to my Rewire for assessment and electrical fix up.

On checking it, my Rewire was very angry with my Mech for going to buy such abused Lion for me. Rewire said the car was an original LHD that was converted, original diesel engine that was changed to petrol. He was vissibly angry with the Mech guy for misleading me.
I was very surprised because we drove the car interstate and didn't have any issue on the road.

I eventually did the folowing to fix the car.
1. I bought a new BSI, brain box and key (they said it comes together)
2. New fuse box
And some other things I can't remember.

After the rewire was done, I still discovered that the car was doing overheating. I decided to take it to a Peugeot dealer in Mainland to fix. On my way there, the car did overheating four times on the road and it burnt the gasket and some other important parts of the engine and I was told the engine was badly damaged by the overheating. I had to buy this new EW10 engine (full tokunbo) for N200,000.00, I bought selection cable for N25,000 (because the gear was very strong right from when I bought it), new clutch disc and plate, and some other stuff I have forgotten.

The car is now okay to a large extent but the major issue now is that if I leave it for a long time, it drains the battery, so I normally remove the battery head till I need to drive it.

That's the story.
eyah, sorry about your experience. Your engine isn't up to 200k, I'm sure you bought borale engine and that shouldn't be more than 120k max. Truth is, Car as been seriously abused. Are you in Lagos?
Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by munezo(m): 7:36pm On May 25, 2021
emmancecute:
eyah, sorry about your experience. Your engine isn't up to 200k, I'm sure you bought borale engine and that shouldn't be more than 120k max. Truth is, Car as been seriously abused. Are you in Lagos?

Thank you.

I know borale but this was not borale. I bought borale earlier for my 307 for N60k or so then.

This one was full tokunbo engine as they said. My Rewire told me he had the engine and would sell to me at N130k but I sidelined him and went through someone else to buy it in same Ladipo for that N200k. I later discovered that the seller cheated me as a novice because some parts like kick, nuzzle, and others were not added. I had to give him small nsogbu for him to give me a compressor.

The car is not doing badly now sha, I know how I manage it. I have even placed it on sale for N800k and people are willing to buy it for N600k and N700k. My Rewire has advised me against selling it that cars are very expensive now.

Yes, I am in Lagos.
Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by aieromon(m): 8:22pm On May 25, 2021
munezo:

The car is not doing badly now sha, I know how I manage it. I have even placed it on sale for N800k and people are willing to buy it for N600k and N700k. My Rewire has advised me against selling it that cars are very expensive now.

It was written........

Ikenna351:

The interesting part was from the look of those EW10J4 engines on the pictures, they were recently purchased and swapped in (tokunbo), yet the owners still prefer to get rid of their cars. The reasons were obvious.

2 Likes

Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by emmancecute(m): 8:31pm On May 25, 2021
munezo:

Thank you.

I know borale but this was not borale. I bought borale earlier for my 307 for N60k or so then.

This one was full tokunbo engine as they said. My Rewire told me he had the engine and would sell to me at N130k but I sidelined him and went through someone else to buy it in same Ladipo for that N200k. I later discovered that the seller cheated me as a novice because some parts like kick, nuzzle, and others were not added. I had to give him small nsogbu for him to give me a compressor.

Yes, I am in Lagos.
cars are expensive now, dont sell ridicously.
Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by emmancecute(m): 8:32pm On May 25, 2021
aieromon:

It was written........

lol... you got me cracked up.

1 Like

Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by munezo(m): 9:12pm On May 25, 2021
aieromon:

It was written........

grin grin grin grin

I won't sell again grin

2 Likes

Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by munezo(m): 9:14pm On May 25, 2021
emmancecute:
cars are expensive now, dont sell ridicously.

Thank you, I won't.

1 Like

Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by munezo(m): 10:58pm On May 26, 2021
How much can one get a clean tokunbo Peugeot 407 year 2010? Manual transmission with factory LHD and petrol engine.
Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by febo15(m): 1:18pm On Mar 15, 2022
Good Afternoon. Please am asking if I can used Total Quartz 9000 engine oil on my Peugeot 406 EW7j4 engine. Because am the kind of driver that loves to push the car hard on long journey. Am currently using Total Quartz 7000 engine oil, so I want to switch. Thanks in anticipation
Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by aieromon(m): 1:59pm On Mar 15, 2022
febo15:
Good Afternoon. Please am asking if I can used Total Quartz 9000 engine oil on my Peugeot 406 EW7j4 engine. Because am the kind of driver that loves to push the car hard on long journey. Am currently using Total Quartz 7000 engine oil, so I want to switch. Thanks in anticipation

Here you go

Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by febo15(m): 2:19pm On Mar 15, 2022
aieromon:

Here you go
thank you very much Sir.
Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by Ikenna351(m): 9:23am On May 04, 2022
Yesterday, a customer complained of high fuel consumption on his Peugeot 307 with EW10A engine. However, my diagnosis showed the injection system, engine cooling system & transmission were in top good conditions, except the wrong engine oil he put in recently (10w-40). I advised him to switch to the recommended (B71 2296, 5w-40) which he did yesterday and hopefully will show significant difference.

EW10A was not designed for thicker oils than the recommended which Peugeot specifically stated. From my personal experience, it kills this engine. Usual symptom of wrong oil in that engine is gradual and later sudden drop of power (even without oil burn or bluish smoke), to a point that accelerator pedal has to be held on the floor before the wheels can even rotate and move the car. Abuse in Nigeria is what is killing them. Most times, out of ignorance. But sometimes, Nigerian users still choose the wrong oil, even when aware of consequences of their choices.

A 307 with EW10A is so good with fuel economy that the fuel consumption is almost same with TU5JP4 engine in same car, even though the EW10A is bigger and posses more power. Generally, 307s are known for good fuel economy, irrespective of engine models. The engine is designed to run very hot to achieve this, to a point that engine cooling system thermostat opens around 105°C unlike the others with lower opening temperatures.

If your EW10A is very sound and you want it to keep that way, keep to recommended engine oil. If it's weak and burning oil already, a thicker oil would help to reduce the oil shortage, but not necessarily to stop the eventual death that is already near. I have clients that are enjoying this engine in their various Peugeot models, for choosing not to abuse theirs.

Lion-King Monk

2 Likes

Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:25pm On May 04, 2022
Ikenna351:
Yesterday, a customer complained of high fuel consumption on his Peugeot 307 with EW10A engine. However, my diagnosis showed the injection system, engine cooling system & transmission were in top good conditions, except the wrong engine oil he put in recently (10w-40) . I advised him to switch to the recommended (B71 2296, 5w-40 ) which he did yesterday and hopefully will show significant difference.

EW10A was not designed for thicker oils than the recommended which Peugeot specifically stated. From my personal experience, it kills this engine. Usual symptom of wrong oil in that engine is gradual and later sudden drop of power (even without oil burn or bluish smoke), to a point that accelerator pedal has to be held on the floor before the wheels can even rotate and move the car. Abuse in Nigeria is what is killing them. Most times, out of ignorance. But sometimes, Nigerian users still choose the wrong oil, even when aware of consequences of their choices.

A 307 with EW10A is so good with fuel economy that the fuel consumption is almost same with TU5JP4 engine in same car, even though the EW10A is bigger and posses more power. Generally, 307s are known for good fuel economy, irrespective of engine models. The engine is designed to run very hot to achieve this, to a point that engine cooling system thermostat opens around 105°C unlike the others with lower opening temperatures.

If your EW10A is very sound and you want it to keep that way, keep to recommended engine oil. If it's weak and burning oil already, a thicker oil would help to reduce the oil shortage, but not necessarily to stop the eventual death that is already near. I have clients that are enjoying this engine in their various Peugeot models, for choosing not to abuse theirs.

Lion-King Monk

Nothing special will happen.

In Nigeria our coldest temp is about 10-15deg Changing from a 10w40 to a 5w40 in Nigerian weather will have no effect on the fuel economy.

https://knowhow.napaonline.com/understanding-oil-weight-numbers-bottle-mean/

4 Likes

Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by olumzzz(m): 7:44pm On May 04, 2022
Ikenna351:
Yesterday, a customer complained of high fuel consumption on his Peugeot 307 with EW10A engine. However, my diagnosis showed the injection system, engine cooling system & transmission were in top good conditions, except the wrong engine oil he put in recently (10w-40). I advised him to switch to the recommended (B71 2296, 5w-40) which he did yesterday and hopefully will show significant difference.

Lion-King Monk
Lion king goofed on this one o.
10w-40 and 5w-40 na the same viscosity at temperatures above 10.
It's not a thicker oil sir.
Kingreign and buygala see ya guy

1 Like

Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by Ikenna351(m): 8:09pm On Oct 18, 2022
Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by CharleyBright(m): 10:34am On Dec 06, 2022
Ikenna351:
What A Mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWya543uB98

Lion-King Monk

Hey Pal, you used too many "F" and profane words in your video. Not good.
It is a real put off for some people and bad for your marketing.
Pls cut down on some of it.
Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by Smithkline200: 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2022
Hello Ikenna.

Is this a good buy?
4 months used.

Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by RZArecta(m): 10:52am On Dec 18, 2022
Smithkline200:
Hello Ikenna.

Is this a good buy?
4 months used.
he won't reply except you contact privately and pay his consultation fee
Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by Smithkline200: 3:10pm On Dec 18, 2022
Na wa ooo

RZArecta:
he won't reply except you contact privately and pay his consultation fee
Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by DUNKA(m): 8:52pm On Jun 30, 2023
Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by febo15(m): 10:57pm On Jun 30, 2023
DUNKA:
Please do you or someone you know have a Peugeot 307 or 308 for sale? Kindly advise
yes I know of someone who intend to sale his peogeot 307 in Lagos.
Where is your location?
Re: EW10A To EW10J4 Conversion In Peugeot 407: Nigerian Factor by DUNKA(m): 10:08pm On Jul 03, 2023
febo15:
yes I know of someone who intend to sale his peogeot 307 in Lagos.
Where is your location?
in abuja oh

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Personal Review Of The 2011 Mercedes Benz GLK .....part 4 / Toyota Highlander Vs Honda CRV - Pls Advise / My Mini 1999 BMW 318i Restoration Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.