Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:58 AM

Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country (10516 Views)

Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari / Lai Mohammed Exposes Politicians Sponsoring Herdsmen Crisis / Omoyele Sowore And Nuhu Ribadu Meet, Discuss Herdsmen Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by GreaterFuture3: 7:37am On Feb 08, 2021
Not intouch with reality
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by yusluvad(m): 7:38am On Feb 08, 2021
Not the lifeless man in Aso-Rock. I mean the super cloned Buhari...
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Seniorwriter(m): 7:38am On Feb 08, 2021
Burahi + Presidency are deaf to such suggestions.
A country where it security outfits (military inclusive) openly attacks the citizens and get no rebuke from leaders or authorities.

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!!!
@SeniorWriter

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by macho44(m): 7:39am On Feb 08, 2021
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Laggatumuch(m): 7:41am On Feb 08, 2021
Antoeni:
Is Buhari Even Still Aware that He is Still the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria?
I don't think he is aware. He needs to be reminded before everyone starts taking laws into their hands to stop those fulani invaders.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Grace001: 7:41am On Feb 08, 2021
Buhari won’t say nothing and whatever he’d say will shock you
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by MemoriesAndMe: 7:44am On Feb 08, 2021
Ovo200:
Every southern traditional leader should speak up now, should the Fulani herdsmen take over the south, those traditional leader that sold their conscience for cow or brown envelope will forever lose their traditional stool to the Fulani. Then we will begin to hear things like

The emir of ife
The emir of ijebu kingdom
The emir of oyo
The emir of Ibadan
The emir of Edo

These kings should stand up and fight for posterity
In as much as that might be their plans, I doubt if it will ever come to past. Every region will stand up and fight against such forms of oppression, which is what we are seeing now.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by superCleanworks(m): 7:45am On Feb 08, 2021
if Nigeria like make e catch faya. our leader no send
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Dreyton36: 7:45am On Feb 08, 2021
No be person wey dey alive they address Nigeria

Buhari wey no sabi read, how he go take know say killings they happen for naija when na him own cabinets be the herdsmen undecided

Dem jusy dey blame buhari for nothing sef , HE NO SABI READ cry

He is innocent he just they there ,he no know wetin dey happen for naija cry, he's just a waste , a total signboard

Na osinbajo I blame , that man go know wetin Dem dey call
"NOBODY KNOWS TOMORROW"

Life goes on

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Integrafamoo: 7:51am On Feb 08, 2021
JosEast:

https://dailytrust.com/herdsmen-carisis-address-nation-now-soyinka-tells-buhari
Of what importance is his rhetoric address? Something that would be written for him without any intention of follow-up.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by yetunsbay(m): 7:54am On Feb 08, 2021
Lol... That old man go address....lai lai he won't
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by orisa37: 8:00am On Feb 08, 2021
Herdsmen-carisis-address-nation-now-soyinka-tells-buhari.

TO: LAWAN AND GBAJABIAMILA. ABOVE FOR YOUR INFORMATION PLEASE.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by orisa37: 8:06am On Feb 08, 2021
herdsmen-carisis-address-nation-now-soyinka-tells-buhari.

BM & TM ARE SUFFERING FROM BOVINE SPONGIFORM ENCEPHALOPATHY BSE AND DEMENTIA.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by wink2015(m): 8:07am On Feb 08, 2021
Nobel Laureate Prof. Wole Soyinka has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to address the nation and declare that he is not in support of criminal activities of some herdsmen in parts of Nigeria.

Soyinka made the call in an interview with BBC News Pidgin.

He urged Buhari to state categorically that: “Yes, I (the president) am a patron of cattle rearers association, I’m a rancher, and it’s a business I engage in on business terms. I do not rape, torture or displace people to occupy their land.

“I warn everyone in the food commodity chain, and cattle rearers that anyone seen illegally occupying or trespassing other people’s property should be prosecuted and the army as well as other security forces to back efforts of citizens to flush them out.”

Soyinka said the country might enter a phase of serial skirmishes “which may get more and more violent and develop – I hate to use the word – may develop into a civil war and a very untidy and messy one at that. That is my biggest fear.”

He advocated a civil mobilization to tackle the herdsmen crisis as “it is now at the doorstep of the Southwest region.”

He further warned that “waiting for the problem to be handled by the Federal Government, we are all going to become, if not already, slaves in our land. That, for me, is intolerable and unacceptable.”
https://dailytrust.com/herdsmen-carisis-address-nation-now-soyinka-tells-buhari

SOUTHERNERS SHOULD NOT LEAVE THE CATTLE BUSINESS FOR THE NORTHERNERS ALONE.

They should go into cattle ranching business and take advantage of the opportunities that lies beneath the trade.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Euegene100001: 8:09am On Feb 08, 2021
Address country or read script ? All I know is Buharis dead will be celebrated world wide
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by orisa37: 8:11am On Feb 08, 2021

BUHARINOMICS IS HELLUCINATION, COVID19 AND EPIDEMIC DIARRHOEA IN NIGERIA.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Gerrard59(m): 8:17am On Feb 08, 2021
Wole Soyinka should shut the hell up! When he was supporting Buhari prior to the 2015 elections, did he not know that Buhari will do what he had always planned to do? This is a man who constantly criticised Buhari prior to the 2015 elections then suddenly changed after Amaechi, Tinubu and Co greased his hands. His son became the Commissioner of Health in Ogun state and Wole went into silence. Now, he recalls Buhari was up to no good.

Nonsense! He should shut up!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by amazingspiderma: 8:22am On Feb 08, 2021
MemoriesAndMe:

In as much as that might be their plans, I doubt if it will ever come to past. Every region will stand up and fight against such forms of oppression, which is what we are seeing now.

People are speaking up, the resistance is growing, soon their response will be more severe.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Brushstrokes20: 8:22am On Feb 08, 2021
Spot on proff. But as usual, the redundant, nepotic, lifeless coupist won't heed...

The shithole is on a cliff edge!
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Rugaria: 8:23am On Feb 08, 2021
Why should he address the country now? Did the herdsmen crises start today? Where were all of you when these killings were happening all over the country before 2019?You lot still went ahead and voted in the guy for a second time! Does it mean that it only becomes a national crises if it effects you guys alone? The man should go back to sleep... No event here..

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by bolrew: 8:23am On Feb 08, 2021
The last time I did, we are all speechless
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by digital234: 8:37am On Feb 08, 2021
they wasted this Soyinka . they wasted falana. they wasted osinbanjo yet a cow crypto currency and his aboki money exchangers in the international airport is jumping up and down. well nigeria is not for fulanis ..let them start first by getting lands and build on it in the south. pay for Cof O and also pay land use charges. by the time fulanis start doing that then we know they are for real..and start taking them serious
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Ezekielmary: 8:49am On Feb 08, 2021
Prof I’m laughing at you... hahaha.. after what you did to Jonathan...
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by orisa37: 9:05am On Feb 08, 2021

IT'S TIME FOR LAWAN AND GBAJABIAMILA TO STOP PLAYING SILLY POLITICS AND WRITE THEIR NAMES IN HISTORY.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by hotseat: 9:08am On Feb 08, 2021
Dear Prof,

Are you now ready to lose your sanity?

Please keep maintaining it o!

Most people think Buhari is a fool.

But, the man is a "silent Hitler". A Machiavellian of sorts.

He is implementing all of Usman Dan Fodio's agenda to the letter.

You may call him whatever name that suits your fancy, but his eyes are fully focused on his Islamisation/Northernisation agenda come rain, come shine.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Tvoice: 9:18am On Feb 08, 2021
No be only address na house address , shey def and dumb dey here motor horn ?
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by orisa37: 9:25am On Feb 08, 2021

IT'S TIME FOR LAWAN AND GBAJABIAMILA TO STOP PLAYING SILLY POLITICS AND WRITE THEIR NAMES IN HISTORY BY SHOWING THAT NIGERIA BELONGS MAJORLY TO CIVILIANS AND NOT TO OUR UNPATRIOTIC MILITARY RASCALS, RETIRED OR NOT.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Shattuck(m): 9:27am On Feb 08, 2021
jerryunit48:
Soyinka should just keep quiet and hide his face in shame, he is one of those that brought this disaster to Nigerians , if he must say something then it has to be an apology to Nigerians .
please this line is old already Nigeria is in a mess how do we get out of it should be the main concern.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by orisa37: 9:29am On Feb 08, 2021

IT'S TIME FOR LAWAN AND GBAJABIAMILA TO STOP PLAYING SILLY POLITICS AND WRITE THEIR NAMES IN HISTORY BY SHOWING THAT NIGERIA BELONGS MAJORLY TO CIVILIANS AND NOT TO OUR CURRENTLY UNPATRIOTIC MILITARY RASCALS, RETIRED OR NOT.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Shattuck(m): 9:31am On Feb 08, 2021
when you have a govt that plays hide and seek as a political move to issues affecting the nation, coupled with a president who is a dumb as can possibly be.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by dmz1: 9:39am On Feb 08, 2021
address the country because it is affecting you and your people now. wise man
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by dmz1: 9:43am On Feb 08, 2021
Rugaria:
Why should he address the country now? Did the herdsmen crises start today? Where were all of you when these killings were happening all over the country before 2019?You lot still went ahead and voted in the guy for a second time! Does it mean that it only becomes a national crises if it effects you guys alone? The man should go back to sleep... No event here..

Imagine. they are only crying because it is personally affecting them. very self centered group.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu’s First Anniversary: Era Of Pain - Punch Editorial / Lagos Okada Ban: Taskforce Carries Out Enforcenent In Iyana-Iba And Ayobo (Pics) / PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.