Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,523 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country (10453 Views)

Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari / Lai Mohammed Exposes Politicians Sponsoring Herdsmen Crisis / Omoyele Sowore And Nuhu Ribadu Meet, Discuss Herdsmen Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by JosEast(m): 6:18am On Feb 08, 2021
Nobel Laureate Prof. Wole Soyinka has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to address the nation and declare that he is not in support of criminal activities of some herdsmen in parts of Nigeria.

Soyinka made the call in an interview with BBC News Pidgin.

He urged Buhari to state categorically that: “Yes, I (the president) am a patron of cattle rearers association, I’m a rancher, and it’s a business I engage in on business terms. I do not rape, torture or displace people to occupy their land.

“I warn everyone in the food commodity chain, and cattle rearers that anyone seen illegally occupying or trespassing other people’s property should be prosecuted and the army as well as other security forces to back efforts of citizens to flush them out.”

Soyinka said the country might enter a phase of serial skirmishes “which may get more and more violent and develop – I hate to use the word – may develop into a civil war and a very untidy and messy one at that. That is my biggest fear.”

He advocated a civil mobilization to tackle the herdsmen crisis as “it is now at the doorstep of the Southwest region.”

He further warned that “waiting for the problem to be handled by the Federal Government, we are all going to become, if not already, slaves in our land. That, for me, is intolerable and unacceptable.”
https://dailytrust.com/herdsmen-carisis-address-nation-now-soyinka-tells-buhari

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Folabimi(m): 6:27am On Feb 08, 2021
And say what?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by nony43(m): 7:21am On Feb 08, 2021
Prof don't worry yourself, the romancer of terrorists and killer herdsmen won't do that.

Someone must have told Buhari that they want to use Crypto currency to remove him from office hence the ban on Crypto. Cos I can bet my left nyash that Buahri doesn't know anything about Crypto.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 08, 2021
The herdsmen may only be scared of change... ranching is an open business that comes with strict competition.. history has shown they may not do too well in competitive markets but rather monopoly at nepotic subsidized rates. E.g Govt jobs, quota system, business monopoly, bureau de change etc.

The fulani own monopoly of cattle market because their method of production is very low, as no one asides them is ready to wander from Zaria to Bayelsa on foot for months while eating free stolen farm produce of farmers and living rent free in forest and jungles while making sales along the path.

If the Govt Grants them Free Ruga and maintains it in choice locations, it even reduces their cost of production while dominating and monopolizing the market despite cattle prices in Nigeria equaling that of ranched cattles in other nations.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by inoki247: 7:22am On Feb 08, 2021
He wan try address the country but the mail man never deliver him speech to the address....

Na NiPOST dey mail him speech so he go take time before he deliver...

8 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by crispus09(m): 7:22am On Feb 08, 2021
embarassed
Every Reasonable and sensible nigerians have been talking and dey are keep talking but the lifeless manequin and their unfortunate supporters especiall the foolish ones on this forum will not see anything wrong with this administration.the evil anybody,this administration are planning for every law abiding citizens of this country will consume them and their ZOMBIES/online warriors.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by beautyhd: 7:22am On Feb 08, 2021
What exactly do you want him to say Prof soyinka?

With all your education and exposure you endorsed an illiterate and called those against him enemy of progress.

That your Buhari, thinks cows, breathes cows and lives cows.

He can only say, if the cows and herders offend you please forgive them.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by WalkerMichael(m): 7:22am On Feb 08, 2021
is he a baby? does he have to be told everything?

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Sunnycliff(m): 7:22am On Feb 08, 2021
Story, Buhari na push and start.

Femi and Garba is yet to write and rehearse with him with many video editings. Buhari can never go live

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Amotolongbo(f): 7:23am On Feb 08, 2021
Nobel Laureate Prof. Wole Soyinka has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to address the nation and declare that he is not in support of criminal activities of some herdsmen in parts of Nigeria.
The same Buhari that can’t adress himself

5 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Ovo200: 7:23am On Feb 08, 2021
Every southern traditional leader should speak up now, should the Fulani herdsmen take over the south, those traditional leader that sold their conscience for cow or brown envelope will forever lose their traditional stool to the Fulani. Then we will begin to hear things like

The emir of ife
The emir of ijebu kingdom
The emir of oyo
The emir of Ibadan
The emir of Edo

These kings should stand up and fight for posterity

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Antoeni(m): 7:23am On Feb 08, 2021
Is Buhari Even Still Aware that He is Still the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Dcaliphate(m): 7:23am On Feb 08, 2021
Lolz, Soyinka please be patient, video editing takes time.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by deebrain(m): 7:23am On Feb 08, 2021
Oh no.

Let him just take action.

I'm literally tired of his speeches.

Speeches? Abeg.

At least, Garba Shehu and Femi Adesina have been doing the talking on his behalf.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by elujah1(m): 7:23am On Feb 08, 2021
Address with a written script?

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by KEVIND: 7:24am On Feb 08, 2021
Who Buhari address help. Why will Buhari even address the Nation when:
Ooni has gone to the villa to rub Buhari's feet, Pastor Adeboye is busy telling us tales by moonlight on how he cried because of Muhammed Ali.
When they're serious Buhari will not only come down to the South West himself but he'll be doing it while begging everyone to give peace a chance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by virginboy1(m): 7:24am On Feb 08, 2021
Buhari no get Una time.
Baba no send anybody m grin

"I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody"
Na scam las las. cry

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by jerryunit48: 7:25am On Feb 08, 2021
Soyinka should just keep quiet and hide his face in shame, he is one of those that brought this disaster to Nigerians , if he must say something then it has to be an apology to Nigerians .

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by TitanzStudio(m): 7:26am On Feb 08, 2021
Na dem put Mr BuBu for der, make we enjoy bubu brothers problems. God Save Us All
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Dharey55(m): 7:27am On Feb 08, 2021
Bubu WILL never do this
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by SoftP(m): 7:29am On Feb 08, 2021
Q
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Clothingonline9(m): 7:29am On Feb 08, 2021
It’s important mr President
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Felixalex(m): 7:29am On Feb 08, 2021
No need
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Tunasco4u(m): 7:29am On Feb 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by zieraw2005(m): 7:30am On Feb 08, 2021
Who will address the country? Which country? I just don't want to say what's on my mind now
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by Elawnugo: 7:30am On Feb 08, 2021
Say something
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by SmartPolician: 7:31am On Feb 08, 2021
Buhari is one president everyone has to beg to do things as simple as addressing his people.

This man has taken Nigeria's leadership to an all-time low! cry cry cry cry

4 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by simple250: 7:33am On Feb 08, 2021
Talk! talk !! talk !!! everyday .....

We are not ready yet.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country by onatuntun: 7:34am On Feb 08, 2021
still waiting

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration / My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ / Atiku Prepares For 2015, Renovates Campaign Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.