Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? (5439 Views)

REVEALED!! South Africa Still Has Nuclear Weapons! / What Is Africa Without The Horn? / Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 06, 2011
Are the European still our master? Look around you what do you see
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by dellnet: 2:56pm On Apr 06, 2011
capital yes.
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by MandingoII(m): 4:16pm On Apr 06, 2011
African NEVER stopped being a European construct.

your BORDERS are European.

your Leaders anwser to Europeans

any leader that deviates, gets SQUASHED.

care to list them?
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by cap28: 4:18pm On Apr 06, 2011
Nigeria is definitely a colony of europe - why?

go and research Shell's activities in nigeria since 1958, while you are at it find out who owns shell and how close they are to the british govt.

also research the role the british govt played in ensuring that the  "right" northerners would forever remain in control of nigeria's natural resources.  Notice i said "right" northerners  -  murtala muhammed and buhari were regarded as the wrong northeners because of murtala's desire to nationalise the entire  nigerian oil industry and buhari's desire to have nothing to do with the IMF slavery debt scam which america is using to recolonise african nations through the back door.

Babangida on the other hand was regarded as a good northerner because he acceptd the dictates of the IMF and world bank and agreed to open up nigeria so that the western multinationals could buy up the entire nigerian public sector at basement bargain prices and at the same time create mass unemployment, misery and suffering.

i am not a tribalist and therefore i am quite happy for a competent northerner to take up the reins of power provided he is competent, but for some strange reason -the west seems to endorse incompetent nigerian leaders whether they are from the north or south, im sure there are many competent northern leaders who are quite capable of leading nigeria out of this terrible situation we are in but will they be given the chance to get to the prime position?  Jonathan is weak, incompetent and above all corrupt - he is the candidate that america and britain are endorsing - that shoudl tell you that they do not have our interest at heart.

i know that the west is afraid of a nationalist movement emerging in nigeria, therefore they continue to sow the seeds of tribalism and encourage us to keep fighting amongst ourselves - DIVIDE AND CONQUER IS STILL VERY MUCH THE TACTIC USED BY THE WHITE MAN TO KEEP US DIVIDED AND WEAK, that way we will never be a threat to them.

google the british national archives and see if you can locate documents detailing the role the british played in the 1959 parliamentary elections in nigeria.

please note that some of these documents remain classified until 2057 - so your search may end somewhat abruptly but i beleive that when you get some of this information, the pieces of the jigsaw will start to fall into place.

Its up to us to change our destiny, the west want us to fail - that is their agenda, look at ivory coast - the french have succeeded in forcing an unwanted IMF puppet on the Ivorien people, lets not fall victim to the same tricks of these satanic people - their ultimate goal is to keep us enslaved so that they can continue to steal our natural resources in complicity with their puppet collaborators, its time for us  to show them that we will no longer tolerate them treating us as slaves.

Muammar Gaddaffi is now under an illegal attack from the west for the simple reason that he refused to keep selling oil to them at rock bottom prices, only when he insisted on nationalising his nations oil industry in order to eexert more control over oil prices and allow for a more equitable distribution of oil revenue amongst the libyan peopel did the west declare an all out invasion on his nation -the western govts are run by a satanic cabal they are only interested in making money at all costs - they are not interested in democracy, equity or justice, they do not even regard african people as fully human.
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by MandingoII(m): 7:04pm On Apr 06, 2011
+1 Cap

I've noticed that A HELLEVA LOT of Americans and no doubt British, French and other White people are on MASSIVE ANTI-DEPRESSANTS.

why?

Because their government is MAKING THEM SICK AND DOCILE when they wake up and realize that their WORLD is NOT what they though it was.
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by cap28: 7:27pm On Apr 06, 2011
^^^^^^

you're so right mandingo -  here is a clip of a white american guy expressing his anger over the current economic crisis in america:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-sbqLGDqRc&feature=email

i dont agree with everything he says on the clip but an awful lot of what he is saying is true.

I think obama has seriously let down so many people and i really do feel bad because so many black people were hoodwinked by his charm, now many black people are waking up to the reality that Obama is just another  puppet of the global white supremacist machine.
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by pleep(m): 10:17pm On Apr 06, 2011
cap28
buhari's desire to have nothing to do with the IMF slavery debt scam which america is using to recolonise african nations through the back door.

Impressive, didnt know about that about Buhari. Im starting to suspect GEJ is just more of the same.
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by AjanleKoko: 11:04am On Apr 08, 2011
@Topic,
Not officially. More like Africa is still within the European sphere of influence. Though the US and China are gradually increasing their footprint on the continent, but they still find some resistance sha. China is throwing cash about, left right and center, and are finding happy receptacles in African governments.

Everybody's angle is still renewable resources, and Africa is a cheap source of those resources. A really big deal is still being made about all these things, in my view. Especially since Africans do very little but cry about it anyway.
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by Nautillus(m): 11:36am On Apr 08, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by Sunofgod(m): 11:42am On Apr 08, 2011
Africa's ownership has been transfered to the holding company 'USA Corporation'.

And right now they are going through a 'Management Restructure' (aka - Regime changes)
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by Ayoobscom(m): 12:01pm On Apr 08, 2011
Of course yes!

It was a forceful slavery in the time of myth but presently it's the black race strggling to go over and never return home

Maybe Africa is a farmyard for oil,gas and arable grows
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by ekea2001: 12:05pm On Apr 08, 2011
Europe is n trouble men.They're patching up their crashing economies with booties from Africa leaving us impoverished.No saviour will be accepted but slaviours.examples are not far fetched.opinion pollers and voters can u see shocked?
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 08, 2011
Who said they left in the first place ?
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by THEAMAKA(f): 12:59pm On Apr 08, 2011
YES!!! it never amazes me how quick all these African leaders are quick to sell their people out to the highest foreign leader. it seriously makes me sick. Africa, IN MY OPINION, should be the greatest continent on Earth. all the resources at her disposal, yet it still remains among the poorest and the worst. not to talk about how beautiful our wildlife is that you cannot find anywhere else in the world. SMH. undecided embarassed embarassed
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by Guyman02: 1:12pm On Apr 08, 2011
Yes! when GEJ agreed to present a UN draft mandate on Ivory Coast prepared by France and made to appear as if it was prepared by Nigeria.

The bombardment of a Sovereign countries presidential palaces in Libya and Ivory Coast by France in the name of 'Protecting Civilians'. Same civilians who were massacred in front of them in Duokoue Ivory Coast last week to the genocide in Rwanda.

The lead Africans to hate themselves and start civil wars which they supply arms to all the parties to reduce their population and exploit resources which are sent to Europe like in Congo.

I watched appalingly a ship moving stolen Libyan Oil loaded by the so-called 'Pro-Democracy' fighters yesterday.

They control the world media and make us to believe biased stories on CNN, Aljazeera, AP, Reuters etc.
They declare and certify results of elections in Africa and if not won by their intended puppet they impose crippling sanctions to destroy their economies such as in Zimbabwe and even start wars like in CIV.
They make sure we dont learn how to tap our resources ourselves and sell, any attempt to nationalise these sectors will lead to sponsoring of coups and they govt termed terrorist supporters like in Libya where Libyan Engrs mine their oil themselves as a policy, while we are still strugling to implement the local content bill,
If you dont borrow from IMF and World bank to execute important projects, they preach to you that if you dont stop, the project will lead to negative economic indices in the next five years bla bla bla.

They still wonder how Ghadafi was able to build the biggest man-made river supplying adequate water to a desert nation without borrowing a dime and they are using NATO to destroy Libyan oil fields in the name of protecting civilians so that when the guns become silent they would sign huge repair of facilities contracts.
The colonialists are coming back to start from where there forefathers stopped coupled with the economic crisis in Europe where former rich colonialists like Portugal and Ireland are collecting BAIL-OUTS funds to rescue their economies.
They last hope is to go back to Africa and sell Democracy, in the past it was to evangelise Christianity, while exploiting the resources now it is 'Democracy'
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by Sunofgod(m): 1:42pm On Apr 08, 2011
Guyman02:

Yes! when GEJ agreed to present a UN draft mandate on Ivory Coast prepared by France and made to appear as if it was prepared by Nigeria.

The bombardment of a Sovereign countries presidential palaces in Libya and Ivory Coast by France in the name of 'Protecting Civilians'. Same civilians who were massacred in front of them in Duokoue Ivory Coast last week to the genocide in Rwanda.

The lead Africans to hate themselves and start civil wars which they supply arms to all the parties to reduce their population and exploit resources which are sent to Europe like in Congo.

I watched appalingly a ship moving stolen Libyan Oil loaded by the so-called 'Pro-Democracy' fighters yesterday.

They control the world media and make us to believe biased stories on CNN, Aljazeera, AP, Reuters etc.
They declare and certify results of elections in Africa and if not won by their intended puppet they impose crippling sanctions to destroy their economies such as in Zimbabwe and even start wars like in CIV.
They make sure we dont learn how to tap our resources ourselves and sell, any attempt to nationalise these sectors will lead to sponsoring of coups and they govt termed terrorist supporters like in Libya where Libyan Engrs mine their oil themselves as a policy, while we are still strugling to implement the local content bill,
If you dont borrow from IMF and World bank to execute important projects, they preach to you that if you dont stop, the project will lead to negative economic indices in the next five years bla bla bla.

They still wonder how Ghadafi was able to build the biggest man-made river supplying adequate water to a desert nation without borrowing a dime and they are using NATO to destroy Libyan oil fields in the name of protecting civilians so that when the guns become silent they would sign huge repair of facilities contracts.
The colonialists are coming back to start from where there forefathers stopped coupled with the economic crisis in Europe where former rich colonialists like Portugal and Ireland are collecting BAIL-OUTS funds to rescue their economies.
They last hope is to go back to Africa and sell Democracy, in the past it was to evangelise Christianity, while exploiting the resources now it is 'Democracy'

So true,
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by teeboyseve(m): 2:41pm On Apr 08, 2011
STILL? It has always been, and maybe forever. And any African leader that trys to disobey them will be defeated easily by turning his people against him.
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by Brai777(m): 2:44pm On Apr 08, 2011
YES. Africa is still a colony of Europe and it is so disappointing that after more than 50 years of independence, we still give Europe one reason or another to interfere with African problems. How can one person be ruling for 10, 20, 30, and 40 years and when the lose election they would rather destroy their country and people than leave office.
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 08, 2011
Guyman02:

Africa has no excuse but to grow up itself. Do you support mugabe or Gadafi or Gbagbo. I wonder how Europe will not interfer with scenarios like this.
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by Amhatu(m): 3:21pm On Apr 08, 2011
Many Parts of Africa can be considered a colony of Europe unfortunately.
For Today the case can be described with the Cotonou Agreement signed June 2000. in-which came effective in 2003.
I wonder How many Africans know such a agreement has been signed by irresponsible Leaders?

Who knows maybe the Cotonou Agreement was worded differently June 2000, added on later.

The Agreement sponsors trade and other Partnerships but is argued that while the main pillar of the Cotonou Agreement is Poverty Reduction, aid allocated to Africa under the 9th EDF has had limited impact on the majority of the poor.  Also in the treaty if you are accused of impunity, Justice is delivered by a foreign International Court. (Really in my opinion what it means,if they consider that You are someone they don't like Europe tries to get rid of You). (So Very Sad). Our Own Leaders can not even come up with their on Courts to Deliver Justice. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotonou_agreement)

It is sad that the leaders of Sub-Saharan Africa (because no North Africans Signed) would put the hands of their Destiny in Foreign Courts.

Once Again today in Kenya a Kenyan court can not deliver Justice for its on citizens in Kenya regarding the Last Presidential Election,the Violence that took place their.
(http://www.newstimeafrica.com/archives/19088)

Also Africans should note that the back out of the G8 on Loans and Grants promised for the Millennium 2000 goals. In my opinion the Cotonou Agreement should be voided because the Europeans and  other westerners lied on their Promise of the funds. Instead they want to use a Foreign International Court to threaten African Sovereignty that was the intention from the beginning.( Like I said in my other Forum posting Our leaders in Africa never Learn).

Further more there is Hope With our part of Africa through its population,resources and potential notably in Nigeria.

Nigeria is carving a place for its on Brand in Africa also the world thats a plus. Nigerians should be happy about that.

Links :

Cotonou Agreement
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotonou_agreement

Africans Going Before a Foriegn Court

http://www.newstimeafrica.com/archives/19088
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by teeboyseve(m): 3:29pm On Apr 08, 2011
Yes I agree with your last two statements. Nigeria is really doing well in Democracy ,am sure in 30yrs time we will be more better. At least we dont have a leader that wants to hold on to power for 50yrs. We can be the heart Africa needs.
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by Amalaaba: 3:41pm On Apr 08, 2011
GUYMAN02,
I think you have been watching too much of PRESS TV to expose you to westerners (minority) who talk about about the western imperialist must destroy any country or its leadership who resist their exploitation using their military and media (CNN, BBC, REUTERS, APN).

Do you notice that our mumu Journalists even publish verbatim, the tainted reports from them without editing, even when the report is about Nigeria.

For the next 100 years and beyond, unless we change to INDIA, IRAN, BRAZIL, MALASIA, we shall continue to be their puppet.
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by Bishopking: 3:55pm On Apr 08, 2011
our leaders are honestly idiots. I know for certain that europe never see africa as independent. In fact, they, of course including america, want to control and consume the whole resources in the entire universe. Black people, as well as all animals are included in their definition of resources. Someone mentioned babangida. Yes, he is one of their faithful slaves. Are we not aware how former us and uk president and prime minister paid him a call just before he declared his inglorious political ambition. Some say the visiting devils came to pay a condolence visit on the death of his departed wife. What a timely visit indeed. Is he the first nigerian political or expolitical leader to suffer such fate? Why did the well known devils visited together without any other world political office holder. Are we not aware that ibb is a major player when it comes to acquiring armaments for the nigerian army? He thrives on inflated contracts. The west see opportunity to solve their economic predicament by selling some of their outdated defense system to us using the silly man.
My dear people, our problem is indeed great. People are willing to sell their countries in africa because of immediate gains. It is sad.
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by AjanleKoko: 3:58pm On Apr 08, 2011
@Amhatu,

Nothing inherently wrong with the Cotonou agreement.
It's a typical agreement that you'd expect weak nations looking for cheap aid to sign. Why else do you think the North Africans stayed away?
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by Amhatu(m): 4:19pm On Apr 08, 2011
AjanleKoko:

@Amhatu,

Nothing inherently wrong with the Cotonou agreement.
It's a typical agreement that you'd expect weak nations looking for cheap aid to sign. Why else do you think the North Africans stayed away?

@AjanleKoko, Even worse, the signers have received almost no aid whatsoever.

Also believe North African countries where not invited even if so they would have rejected on grounds of Sovereignty.
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by sthlm(m): 4:21pm On Apr 08, 2011
the answer to your question be no! We Africans bare the responsibility our misery!
stop blaming others. instead vote with your head not tribal interest.
make revolt against all them power-hungered morons ruling us! they be nothing nut common thief!!
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 08, 2011
The Question should ask about USA rather than Europe. Western Europe has taken a back seat since the ens of the 20th Century. America has taken over the world now. Just take a look at the form and fashion the Arab revolution has taken and see for yourself how America has been able to successfully instal puppet governments in Afghanistan, Iraq, Egypt, Lybya soon to come and every other Country there are big stakes.
The weeker states like Nigeria adopt Democracy wilfully cos we have no guts to fight.
Democratization, Privatization e.t.c are all American Capitalist Agenda which is a new form of Neo Colonialism.
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by Amhatu(m): 6:39pm On Apr 08, 2011
@chipmunkey, I disagree , USA is now Bankrupt, been so for along time. The 'USA Pentagon' has military dominance and virtually its on little independent Government ; also has bases in many parts of the world but have not taken over anything.

USA Government can not even solve its National Problems and growing day to day.
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by vladimiros: 6:41pm On Apr 08, 2011
i think if we look deeper,

we are still controlled y the so called" white man" some people make look like enemies today

ok now, who would buy our oil if we sell

who would teach us how to get this oil without shell

who would teach us how to capture our resources

not saying they have done everything good, but we needed them like it or not

or if you don`t like it, let send them all away, all of them and see how we would do
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by Amhatu(m): 6:53pm On Apr 08, 2011
@vladimiros , Today, we do not need Westerners whether its UK or USA.
China has invested more in Africa than any other people or Country.

The Chinese are our friends not the west.
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by vladimiros: 8:33pm On Apr 08, 2011
^^^^^ So technically

what ur saying is that we should be "oriental slaves" now

no matter how you have looked at it, The west as helped us we have just kept this annoying tribal mentality

what if the chinese start putting yorubas in Oil control, people would come with a tribal conspiracy no matter what

no kidding
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by Amhatu(m): 9:20pm On Apr 08, 2011
@vladimiros,No disrespect, you need to study African Development after Post Colonialism in Africa.

After your study, you will find the Chinese have helped enormously;after all they themselves have suffered to under similar circumstances.

However just because we get help from our friends does not mean we set back and do nothing. We should be striving for partnership. In Actual fact, we should already be graduating Engineers from China and other places around the world to work in cooperation with China for joint common interest especially in Technical fields.

Our Friends have never showed a intrest of dividing up Africa like some in  Europe have already done so.

For a example on Development :

The Light Rail Project in Lagos State being built with cooperation with the Chinese, Colleges around Lightrail  should be established.

We can not build a lightrail and let the project not contiuned to be upgraded and maintained. It is now time our Nigerian Engineers pick up from the projects and further Develop on them.  On another note a Nigerian Company Dangote Industries has already taken the lead by setting up a Dangote College or other schools for training for their particular Company. I believe this is a very good step.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brazilian President eats Pizza on street of New Your for being unvaccinated / Prisoner Found In Wife Suitcase / Russia is Sending Troops To Syria - Is This The New Cold War, Or World War III?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.