Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,035 members, 7,814,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m (34559 Views)

Man Arrested For Stealing Money From Church Offering Box In Osun State / Winners Pastor, Prince Emmanuel Accused Of Killing University Of Uyo Student / Prophet Israel Oladele Ogundipe Jailed For Defrauding A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by ThugBoy(m): 12:28pm On Feb 08, 2021
At the end they can’t feed the poor with the offering and Tithes
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by Dreyton36: 12:32pm On Feb 08, 2021
Pastor don thief now Dem no see am Yab ooo
Just wait make one mallam thief just one bag of rice
That mumu righteousness and those religious bigots go come dey run their mouth

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by CodeTemplar: 12:36pm On Feb 08, 2021
Henix:

A pastor stole from his church, the church took him to a law court where he accepted his crime and publicly pleaded guilty, which can even classified as an open confession. So the public shame is not enough to deter others?

My problem with Nigeria church is that they seem not to be practicing what they preach, otherwise I see no reason why they should be accumulating weath on earth when their mandate is run heavenly race and be winning souls for God. Church nowadays seems to be more interested on earthly weath than heavily weath
You are out for the church...goodbye.
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by staga: 12:38pm On Feb 08, 2021
Unclekayfarms:
uh cheesy
Oyedepo will not because its involving money

Money paid by students for fees for the university to provide the services and facilities you can never see in a public university.

Do you see clearer now why such acts should not be condoned? You Nigerians love celebrating evil and scorning those who try to prevent evil from happening or being punished.
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by blamingthedevil: 12:41pm On Feb 08, 2021
GoshenNLA:

When He had made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers’ money and overturned the tables. John 2:15
Have you ever thought of why Jesus acted that way, as a shepherd, greatest of all, he could have spoken in cool terms but he didn’t
It’s different strokes for different folks bro
I just qoute the Bible, stop arguing with the words of God. There are not mine
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by edoairways: 12:42pm On Feb 08, 2021
bobestman:

I know that but my point is on how these ppl scam their members of their hard earned money
I blame their members wholeheartedly. They have been brainwashed
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by madridsta007(m): 12:43pm On Feb 08, 2021
tot:
FTC cheesy

3 years?

Edit:
For those claiming he should have been forgiven, forgiveness does not mean you won't face the consequences of the action.
A man who commits adultery for example and gets HIV in the process could be forgiven by the wife but that does not mean the HIV disappears.

Hehehehe,

They will say the HIV will automatically disappear when she forgives him.
The Church has forgiven him.
The law will take its course. It is illegal for the Church to interfere when the law is taking its course.

1 Like

Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by Solsix(m): 12:44pm On Feb 08, 2021
blamingthedevil:
“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”-Ephes 3:32

“For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.”-Matth 6:14

“Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.”: Col. 3 :13

“Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.”Luke 6:37
Continue quoting the bible upside down. If you do bad thing u will go to hell there is no two ways about it
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by Sleekfingers: 12:49pm On Feb 08, 2021
Eborabadan:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/winners-pastor-jailed-for-stealing-churchs-90000-n4-5m/%3famp=1

i will rather give my money to the less privilage. Than to give it to any all the useless churches in nigeria........
1. The easiest and safest way to launder money is through nigerian churches.......the politians, drug barons , use this channel......it is the easiest and safest......
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by Funflipper: 12:49pm On Feb 08, 2021
kponkedenge:
The greatest temptation for pastors is money.

and pusssy

1 Like

Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by bobestman(m): 12:50pm On Feb 08, 2021
edoairways:

Exactly.
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by tot(f): 12:51pm On Feb 08, 2021
madridsta007:

Hehehehe,

The law will take its course. It is illegal for the Church to interfere when the law is taking its course.

Yes o.

It's as simple as that. No sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by Angrygoat: 12:52pm On Feb 08, 2021
Oyedepo too stingy,he worships money. Make oyedepo poor,na the u go see devil.

1 Like

Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by mynd4400: 12:54pm On Feb 08, 2021
pafra:
He pleaded not guilty initially. Meaning he was falsely accused, hence, he needed to defend himself.

If he has pleaded guilty he could have been forgiven as has been the case with many.

If the judgement was in his favor, he could have claimed that he was wrongly accused.

Now, the judgment was in favor of the church.

Even though it is church money accountability is necessary.

If he has pleaded guilty he could have been forgiven as has been the case with many.

The court system is designed in a way the accused is innocent until proven guilty.
Pleading guilty will not allow sufficient time for the court to hear and examine the case.
In other words, even if its very obvious the defendant is guilty of the alleged crime, you still have the responsibility to prove him guilty in court.
There's a lot of technicalities in court but I won't give you the exposure cool
That's why sometimes, you see defendants getting acquitted even when they are obviously guilty.

You should never plead guilty to a criminal case but you may succumb to a civil case.

Goodluck.
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by DaInferno(m): 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2021
Eborabadan:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/winners-pastor-jailed-for-stealing-churchs-90000-n4-5m/%3famp=1
The same energy should be proported to the leaders stealing. see how they be so quick to arrest and sentence these minor ones. But the likes of NDDC boss, Rochas, oba of Lagos, the palliative diversers ... and even EFCC boss himself in person of Magu have all had there cases tossed under the unopenable carpet for months now
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by West2019(m): 1:11pm On Feb 08, 2021
CodeTemplar:
Your fifty Naira offering is what you want to use to justify theft of millions.
no is five hundred naira , as for me I av forgive he .
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by Mayflowa(m): 1:16pm On Feb 08, 2021
pafra:
He pleaded not guilty initially. Meaning he was falsely accused, hence, he needed to defend himself.

If the judgement was in his favor, he could have claimed that he was wrongly accused.

Now, the judgment was in favor of the church.

Even though it is church money accountability is necessary.

My question is how is the church and the school business interwoven? While the church isn't taxed but the school is. There needs to be clear cut leadership for the two -church and school. Otherwise there might be tax evasion when money from from school to church or vice versa. Government auditors need to investigate this
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by Jerrypolo(m): 1:19pm On Feb 08, 2021
ec0malchemist:
O por

Government na barawo
bloggers na arm robber
imam dey gbaladun

pastor na enjoyment

Naira Marley is a new school prophet, best believe.

That line belongs to the late legend, Fela A. Kuti.
Spot on though!!!
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by tot(f): 1:20pm On Feb 08, 2021
DaInferno:
The same energy should be proported to the leaders stealing. see how they be so quick to arrest and sentence these minor ones. But the likes of NDDC boss, Rochas, oba of Lagos, the palliative diversers ... and even EFCC boss himself in person of Magu have all had there cases tossed under the unopenable carpet for months now

There is nothing minor about theft. These minor ones are the ones that graduate to become major political thieves. They ALL need to be brought down - both minor and major.
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by simpa99(m): 1:33pm On Feb 08, 2021
How can $90,000 be equal to #4.5m
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by Forumobserver12(m): 1:39pm On Feb 08, 2021
kponkedenge:

Money and women....
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by blamingthedevil: 1:39pm On Feb 08, 2021
Solsix:

Continue quoting the bible upside down. If you do bad thing u will go to hell there is no two ways about it
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged"

Matt 7.1
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by orisunmibare01(m): 1:57pm On Feb 08, 2021
kponkedenge:

And women.

Depending on their life style before being born again. That's why Bible talks about dog returning to its vomit
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by orisunmibare01(m): 2:01pm On Feb 08, 2021
madridsta007:

Hehehehe,

Why didn't they see revelation that money was about to be stolen lol.
Nigerian pastors always acting like God, they forget they're humans too.
If the one that stole money is asked to preach now, you'll think he's Elijah reincarnated.
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by madridsta007(m): 2:07pm On Feb 08, 2021
orisunmibare01:

Why didn't they see revelation that money was about to be stolen lol.
Nigerian pastors always acting like God, they forget they're humans too.
If the one that stole money is asked to preach now, you'll think he's Elijah reincarnated.

You are the one that thinks they are acting as God.

When they say, "man of God", are you blind to the "man" in this phrase? undecided grin
Get to specsavers.
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by Advancedman(m): 2:17pm On Feb 08, 2021
tot:
FTC cheesy

3 years?

Edit:
For those claiming he should have been forgiven, forgiveness does not mean you won't face the consequences of the action.
A man who commits adultery for example and gets HIV in the process could be forgiven by the wife but that does not mean the HIV disappears.

Your example is senseless
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by GoshenNLA(m): 2:28pm On Feb 08, 2021
blamingthedevil:

I just qoute the Bible, stop arguing with the words of God. There are not mine
And you can see I quoted the Bible too
Na my own words
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by GrandFinale2021(m): 2:39pm On Feb 08, 2021
kponkedenge:
grin grin grin
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by BiGVEEN58(m): 2:52pm On Feb 08, 2021
I thought we were supposed to wait for judgement day... lol. Idiot!
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by tot(f): 2:54pm On Feb 08, 2021
Advancedman:

Your example is senseless

Yes, senseless like you.
Re: Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m by BiGVEEN58(m): 3:01pm On Feb 08, 2021
edoairways:

No one brainwashed them. THEY ARE NOT INTELLIGENT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

George Weah Set For Thanksgiving At Synagogue Church Of All Nations / Is It Sin For Man To Have Sex Together With His Two Wives?- Man Asks Daddyfreeze / 10 Photos Every Christian Living In Nigeria Can Relate To.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.