Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,626 members, 7,816,575 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) (4276 Views)

Ekiti Monarch To Honour Bisi Fayemi With Chieftaincy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by Laheelow(m): 12:27pm On Feb 08, 2021
Orlu Crisis: Policeman Who Ordered Me To Lie Down At Gunpoint Can’t Do That To Hausa, Yoruba Rulers, Igbo Monarch Laments

The monarch lamented that the policeman asked him to lie on the ground “for over eight minutes” despite being a monarch, an action which he said desecrated the traditions and culture of the land.
by SaharaReporters, New York Feb 08, 2021

The Igwe Uzoubi Umuna Orlu, Imo State, Eze Boniface Okereke, has recalled his ugly encounter with a policeman during the recent clash between members of the Eastern Security Network and personnel of the Nigerian Army in his domain, saying a policeman from the North assaulted him.

The monarch lamented that the policeman asked him to lie on the ground “for over eight minutes” despite being a monarch, an action which he said desecrated the traditions and culture of the land.

In an Interview with PUNCH, Okereke said the crisis, about three weeks ago, was strange to the community as his domain had been largely peaceful, while noting that the “clash was regrettable because people died, properties were lost and business activities were halted.”

He said, “Orlu has no history of violence. Apart from the #EndSARS protest in 2020, this was the first time they clashed. The Indigenous People Of Biafra members don’t live with us here. They came, struck and left. And that is why every traditional ruler was enjoined to find out if any youth in Orlu is among the people who are causing these pains.

“The greatest humiliation of my life was when a policeman desecrated the culture of Igbo people by ordering a traditional ruler of my class and status to lie down on the road before my subjects. I suffered an embarrassing humiliation in the hands of mobile policemen at Carrot Junction here in the domain on Wednesday, January 27.

“At about 2pm, while I was returning from a meeting of the Orlu Traditional Rulers Council held at Umudioka ancient kingdom, on reaching the junction, a team of mobile policemen stopped me and one of them ordered me to get out of my car. I quickly hearkened to his order.

“Despite the inscription on my vehicle number plate asserting to my status as His Royal Highness, Eze B.C. Okereke, the traditional ruler of Uzoubi Umuna autonomous community and my physical appearance as an old man and verbal expression to him that I am the traditional ruler of this community, he still pointed his gun at me and ordered me to lie flat on the ground. I quickly obeyed him because he pointed his gun at me and I didn’t want him to shoot him.

“I lay flat on the floor for over eight minutes and it was thereafter that one of the policemen who later saw the inscription on my car and my regalia quickly urged me to stand and reprimanded the other overzealous cop. This humiliation, desecration of our cultural institution happened in the full glare of my subjects and passersby. It was an embarrassing situation, a big disgrace to my throne and disrespect to my person, community and the council of traditional rulers.”

“I have petitioned the Commissioner of Police in charge of the Imo State Police Command, informing him of the humiliation and urging him to investigate it. That was a humiliation that should not be swept under the carpet. This insult on a traditional ruler of my class cannot happen in Yorubaland or Hausaland. This must be corrected.”

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by psucc(m): 12:49pm On Feb 08, 2021
And he sheepishly lie?

No!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by Adekamkpe23: 12:50pm On Feb 08, 2021
Operation python dance in mind. grin

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by sweetonugbu: 1:39pm On Feb 08, 2021
Eyaaa
Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by Ddokie: 1:58pm On Feb 08, 2021
As an igbo man, i can say that less than 5% or our monarchs are worth royalty. That's why no one places any value on them, and they also don't place any value on themselves.

A royalty with his full sense of pride and what he represents would rather have the police man shoot him than to lay flat on the floor. But this one quickly lay flat on the floor because a police man pointed a gun at him and he didn't want to die.

Now you will live with the shame of being disgraced before your subjects until the day you finally die, because die you surely will.

And truthfully, he must be a useless igwe. Because if he were useful to his people, a multitude would have gathered around the scene the moment police men stopped his vehicle.

I imagine this happened in my own village: the people would have encouraged the police man to shoot my igwe even while he lay down flat on the floor.

Hopeless men, who mount positions of leadership to serve themselves and their families, and are not willing to make any sacrifice for their people.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by triple996(m): 2:31pm On Feb 08, 2021
There is more to the story
We all know how traditional king was arrested for robbery in that side of the country.
Trust no one cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by Randy100: 2:48pm On Feb 08, 2021
We don't have Kings in Igboland. Igbo enwe eze.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by MuchAdo: 3:03pm On Feb 08, 2021
Pigidiotts are slaves! embarassed

And cowards!! angry

3 Likes

Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by Anambra1stS0n: 3:19pm On Feb 08, 2021
MuchAdo:

And cowards!! angry
Dull brain probably you have forgotten how soldiers flogged Obas in Ogun communities and their wards for refusing herdsmen to graze in their farm, what a slaves

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by tit(f): 3:36pm On Feb 08, 2021
What would make a soldier treat a senior citizen like that?
If not for anything, the chief looks above 50 years.
Can the soldier treat his father like that?

1 Like

Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by orisa37: 3:48pm On Feb 08, 2021
The Clumsiness of Buharinomics is bringing NIGERIANS out with different Characters.
Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by Lovelive: 3:49pm On Feb 08, 2021
sammyije:
10 years old facebook up for sale

How much Sir?
Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by BafanaBafana: 3:50pm On Feb 08, 2021
Igbos have no King.
No true king will lie down for anybody.
Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by orisa37: 3:57pm On Feb 08, 2021
COMMISSIONERS OF POLICE SHOULD BE STATE INDIGENES. BUHARI WAS OVERINDULGED TO ROUGH HANDLE STATES ANYHOW AND TREAT THEM LIKE HIS FIEFDOMS.
Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by orisa37: 3:59pm On Feb 08, 2021
COMMISSIONERS OF POLICE SHOULD BE STATE INDIGENES. BUHARI WAS OVERINDULGED AND ALLOWED TO ROUGH HANDLE STATES ANYHOW AND TREAT THEM LIKE HIS FIEFDOMS
Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 08, 2021
Imo state don't have king but street rulers.
Agitate for your own autonomous community and voom u are a king

1 Like

Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by Petyr1: 4:19pm On Feb 08, 2021
No respect for the elders again
Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by Lifeisrisk(m): 4:53pm On Feb 08, 2021
Pls someone should help me with a loan of 10k I promised to payback with interest by ending of this month. I'm stranded in Osun state now and I need to go back to east today
I tried two loan app already but both are not responding

I need help urgently,I don't have where to sleep tonight

PS: I won't be asking for help here if I can help myself. I've tried every means to no avail
Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by adeolakemi: 4:59pm On Feb 08, 2021
Lifeisrisk:
Pls someone should help me with a loan of 10k I promised to payback with interest by ending of this month. I'm stranded in Osun state now and I need to go back to east today
I tried two loan app already but both are not responding

I need help urgently,I don't have where to sleep tonight

PS: I won't be asking for help here if I can help myself. I've tried every means to no avail
sell your phone , it will be enough to transport you back
Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by Lifeisrisk(m): 5:04pm On Feb 08, 2021
adeolakemi:
sell your phone , it will be enough to transport you back

I didn't see buyer
Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 08, 2021
Most of our leaders this days don't have balls, why they easily sell off their dignity for crumbs.
Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by mrkunlex(m): 6:28pm On Feb 08, 2021
Ndi-potopo king rolling in the mud like pig

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by backnbeta(f): 6:47pm On Feb 08, 2021
MuchAdo:

And cowards!! angry
Much ado about nothing undecided
Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 08, 2021
B-b--b-but as a brave Igbo he should have boldly confronted that policeman.
Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by michlins(m): 8:47pm On Feb 08, 2021
This king no reach. If you can't protect your throne with your life, you don't deserve to occupy it
Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by majamajic(m): 8:55pm On Feb 08, 2021
Imo and autonomous eze

Igwe in in Anambra can't do this !

1 Like

Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by bishop4life(m): 8:56pm On Feb 08, 2021
Ddokie:
As an igbo man, i can say that less than 5% or our monarchs are worth royalty. That's why no one places any value on them, and they also don't place any value on themselves.

A royalty with his full sense of pride and what he represents would rather have the police man shoot him than to lay flat on the floor. But this one quickly lay flat on the floor because a police man pointed a gun at him and he didn't want to die.

Now you will live with the shame of being disgraced before your subjects until the day you finally die, because die you surely will.

And truthfully, he must be a useless igwe. Because if he were useful to his people, a multitude would have gathered around the scene the moment police men stopped his vehicle.

I imagine this happened in my own village: the people would have encouraged the police man to shoot my igwe even while he lay down flat on the floor.

Hopeless men, who mount positions of leadership to serve themselves and their families, and are not willing to make any sacrifice for their people.

God bless you sir.

Knowing your worth is a vital thing in life.
I once respected a Fulani man who chose to take a bullet than to obey a lay down order given to him before his wife.

Just because his wife is there ooo.
Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by YungMillionaire: 3:25am On Feb 09, 2021
cool cool cool
Re: Policeman Ordered Igbo Monarch To Lie Down At Gunpoint (photo) by Sailorsoldier1: 3:48am On Feb 09, 2021
psucc:
And he sheepishly lie?

No!
Don't joke with a man with a loaded rifle.... Especially an untrained policeman.

(1) (2) (Reply)

RUMORS: Nnamdi Kanu Pronounced Dead?? / I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje / Abike Dabiri-erewa Opposes Buhari, Says Her Principal Is Unprogressive (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.