Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje (4277 Views)

We Will Start Accepting Old Notes, Kano Supermarket Tells Ganduje / "Death Of 640 People In Kano": PDP Reacts, Asks Buhari To Visit Kano / New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by FuckFuckPastor: 10:04am On Jan 29, 2023
DESPITE the objection of Kano State governor, Abdulahi Ganduje, President Muhammadu Buhari is likely to visit the state tomorrow as planned.

Checks revealed that the president is not swayed by the argument the Kano State government is putting up for the postponement of the trip.

Ganduje had during an interactive session with some stakeholders, including scholars, legislators, political leaders and business community in the state at Government House, Kano, revealed the decision to ask the president to defer the visit, saying that the state is deeply concerned by the hard- ship principally induced by the ongoing cash swap from old to redesigned notes.

He said the decision was taken to avoid any unforeseen circumstance.

Consequently, the state government wrote a letter to the president outlining the reasons why the planned visit is no longer auspicious at this time.

According to a press statement issued by Abba Anwar, the Chief press Secretary to the governor, the decision to advise the president against the visit was endorsed by the stakeholders in the state.

The statement by the governor’s spokesman reads in part: “Deeply concerned with the hardship caused by limited time given for halting use of old Naira notes by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), and for security reasons, Governor Ganduje reveals that the state resolved and wrote to Presidency that the visit of the president to com- mission some projects be postponed.

“As we are waiting for this important visit, we found ourselves in this situation, which puts citizens into untold hardship. For security purpose, we wrote to Presidency that President Buhari’s visit to Kano be postponed.

“We got an acknowledgement copy of the letter. People are real- ly suffering because of this policy.

“There are no banks in most of our rural communities. How these people get new Naira notes is of great concern. Just look at what is happening in our urban areas, people go and spend hours upon hours in banks and without any as- surances of getting the new notes.”

However, Sunday Tribune gathered that Buhari has insisted on going to Kano as planned because, beyond the state government projects that were slated to be inaugurated by him, some projects executed by the Federal Government are also scheduled to be inaugurated during the visit.

The president has decided that he will go ahead and inaugurate the Federal Government projects.

His advance team is already in the state and as of Saturday night had not been directed to stand down and return to Abuja.

A Presidency source affirmed that “if the Kano governor realises the nature of President Buhari, he would have known that he is not one to give in to cheap blackmail.”

Buhari, who has been in Daura, Katsina State for some days now to commission projects executed by the Governor Aminu Masari administration, is also scheduled to proceed to Jigawa State for a similar engagement before returning to Abuja later in the week.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/buhari-insists-on-visiting-kano-despite-gandujes-objection/

1 Like

Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by Iamgrey5(m): 10:06am On Jan 29, 2023
Buhari is testing himself.

No country in world has singlehandedly brought recession on its own economy by itself.

With rising cost of fuel and difficulty in accessing the new currency, Economic recession is sure in February/March.

1) Fuel( premium motor spirit) is the number one source of energy for Businesses in Nigeria. The higher cost of fuel means businesses will have to charge higher for their products and services which means less people will be able to afford their products and services. Production will definitely slow down leading to recession

2) Limited supply of Money will only compound the problem highlighted above.

The ripple effect will be terrible and go beyond February 25th and worst still, either of Atiku or Tinubu will still win the election.

Most likely Atiku at this point.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 29, 2023
If this is true then Buhari is really changing it for his own people o. The dollar stuffing governor will be sweating right now.

19 Likes

Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by orikoku: 10:11am On Jan 29, 2023
You're welcome sir.

Man with balls

12 Likes

Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by oyin44: 10:13am On Jan 29, 2023
Coming from Mr source. ..rumour monger😃😃😃

3 Likes

Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by Blackfire(m): 10:14am On Jan 29, 2023
No mumu southerners should comment..
This is an in-house matter ...

Baba buhari we love you

13 Likes

Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by EzeNwaanyiMmili(f): 10:14am On Jan 29, 2023
God bless Buhari

Hahahahahaha

4 Likes

Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by EzeNwaanyiMmili(f): 10:15am On Jan 29, 2023
all of a sudden Nigeria will need a man like Tinubu to fix Buhari's mess.
all of a sudden after 7 years they've now realised that Buhari's government is now a failure since campaigning for continuity of their party's failure means mocking Nigeria.
all of a sudden buhari is no longer the best thing to happen to Nigeria after cat fish pepper soup.
all of a sudden they're now Buhari's critics just to project and tested failure within the same party.
because how will they explain to Nigerians that their party is the cause of their problems.
how can they explain to Nigerian youths sitting at home that their party is the reason they're rotting at home when they're supposed to be in the school.
how will they explain to Nigerians that their party is the cause of ravaging insecurities we found ourselves today and that their presidential candidate will be recruiting 50 million youths into the army to feed them agbado and cassava.
how can they explain to Nigerians that their party has failed them in every aspects.

of course they have no explanation for all these hence their only hope is to go tribal and play their usual old tribalism and tribal card tactics.
but you as a citizen of this country ask yourself this question.
will tribalism better our economy to at least prior to 2015?
will tribalism end insecurity and make everyone safe?
will tribalism send our children back to school and equip our schools.
will tribalism make life better for an average citizen?

so after pushing for a failure to be President what next?
when the suffering comes will it select other tribe and leave yours?
today all Nigerians are suffering but Buhari got the highest votes from the North.

dear fellow citizens it's time to look into these people's eyes and tell them to go to hell with their division tactics.
at a point all major tribes never believed in Nigeria but today they made it look like they love Nigeria most but keep presenting bad leaders ruining this country.
it's time to say enough is enough.

THE YOUTHS ARE COMING!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by JealousCobra(m): 10:15am On Jan 29, 2023
If Buhari back down on the proposed visitation to Kano then is a clown 🤡
Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by EzeNwaanyiMmili(f): 10:16am On Jan 29, 2023
yes ooo baba
you're welcome to kano
army should shoot at sight any Tinubu urchins that dares stone the CinC

thunder scatter Tinubu
thunder scatter Tinubu urchins
hahahahaha

6 Likes

Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by EzeNwaanyiMmili(f): 10:16am On Jan 29, 2023
Blackfire:
No mumu southerners should comment..
This is an in-house matter ...

Baba buhari we love you
Hahahahaha we love buhari

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by englishmart(m): 10:17am On Jan 29, 2023
They should deal with each other. Nobody cares.

4 Likes

Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by Bmaster(m): 10:18am On Jan 29, 2023
EzeNwaanyiMmili:
all of a sudden Nigeria will need a man like Tinubu to fix Buhari's mess.
all of a sudden after 7 years they've now realised that Buhari's government is now a failure since campaigning for continuity of their party's failure means mocking Nigeria.
all of a sudden buhari is no longer the best thing to happen to Nigeria after cat fish pepper soup.
all of a sudden they're now Buhari's critics just to project and tested failure within the same party.
because how will they explain to Nigerians that their party is the cause of their problems.
how can they explain to Nigerian youths sitting at home that their party is the reason they're rotting at home when they're supposed to be in the school.
how will they explain to Nigerians that their party is the cause of ravaging insecurities we found ourselves today and that their presidential candidate will be recruiting 50 million youths into the army to feed them agbado and cassava.
how can they explain to Nigerians that their party has failed them in every aspects.

of course they have no explanation for all these hence their only hope is to go tribal and play their usual old tribalism and tribal card tactics.
but you as a citizen of this country ask yourself this question.
will tribalism better our economy to at least prior to 2015?
will tribalism end insecurity and make everyone safe?
will tribalism send our children back to school and equip our schools.
will tribalism make life better for an average citizen?

so after pushing for a failure to be President what next?
when the suffering comes will it select other tribe and leave yours?
today all Nigerians are suffering but Buhari got the highest votes from the North.

dear fellow citizens it's time to look into these people's eyes and tell them to go to hell with their division tactics.
at a point all major tribes never believed in Nigeria but today they made it look like they love Nigeria most but keep presenting bad leaders ruining this country.
it's time to say enough is enough.

THE YOUTHS ARE COMING!
definitely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🙄🥺🙄🥺🙄😎😎😎

5 Likes

Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by seunmsg(m): 10:20am On Jan 29, 2023
The president should visit and feel the pulse of the people of Kano.

4 Likes

Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by Mindlog: 10:21am On Jan 29, 2023
Comedy central. cheesy
Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:24am On Jan 29, 2023
Lol
Sai Baba
Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by Ahmed0336(m): 10:34am On Jan 29, 2023
Wetin concern me whether he visits or not.
Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by Tenses: 10:37am On Jan 29, 2023
seunmsg:
The president should visit and feel the pulse of the people of Kano.

It is your tears for me.

Our darling daddy should replay gandollars dollars stuffing video and do the needful if he keeps running his mouth like tinubu's licking yansh.

Wailing wailer

Chief urchin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by fk001(m): 10:38am On Jan 29, 2023
All I know is if APC continues like this they might lose the election because of this unnecessary harsh situation they are making Nigerians go through.

1 Like

Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by Opintiwa: 10:44am On Jan 29, 2023
oyin44:
Coming from Mr source. ..rumour monger😃😃😃

Wailing wailers everywhere hating out daddy Buhari.

Bola Ahmed cannot near my beloved daddy.

Also for your breakfast tell mama to Hard the Hoiil and Honions to the gbegiri

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by ShoeWorld2(m): 10:46am On Jan 29, 2023
Buhari should heed the advice and avoid Kano because commercial cities are the worst hit by this new policy.

I sell quality footwear at affordable prices
https://www.nairaland.com/7543671/quality-affordable-footwear-sneakers-both
Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by omowolewa: 10:46am On Jan 29, 2023
Why is nobody going to Court for stay of execution on the change of currency

smileyoo:
because most people understand Oga bubu on this issue, and are codedly on the same page with him, that no retired criminal will be allowed to purchase aso-rock seat with ill-gotten money, because Nigeria is not for sale.
it's a pity that the masses are suffering from the effects of the cross -fire of the fights of the big men.
if not for the failure of the system, how can presidential candidates with questionable characters be able to contest for the post of president of the federal republic of Nigeria ?
instead of the incompetent government to go after those with illicit funds directly, they choose to be cowardly , thereby bringing out a policy that affects everybody negatively.
its sad how Nigeria politicians play politics with everything, regardless of how serious it could affect the citizens.

No serious politician, whether Obi, Alh. Atiku or Tinubouy with the intention of changing old currencies can be caught unawares.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by specialmati(m): 10:47am On Jan 29, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin urchins over to una

3 Likes

Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by abobote: 10:47am On Jan 29, 2023
The article did not state where Buhari said he going ahead with the visit.

Fake news

2 Likes

Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by Lionmachala(m): 11:02am On Jan 29, 2023
Iamgrey5:

No country in world has singlehandedly brought recession on its own economy by itself.

With rising cost of fuel and difficulty in accessing the new currency recession is sure in February/March.

Fuel( premium motor spirit) is the number source of energy for business in Nigeria. The higher cost means businesses will have to charge higher for their products and services which means less people will be able to afford their products and services.

Same thing applies to limited supply of money.

Our political leaders are useless 🤭
Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by Peterobi90: 11:05am On Jan 29, 2023
Hmmm
Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by Lionmachala(m): 11:06am On Jan 29, 2023
Clash of the TITANS... SEASON 2

Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by DeJoeee(m): 11:07am On Jan 29, 2023
Wailing as usual. Tell your candidate to grant media interview and market himself to eligible voters. No more vote buying

Iamgrey5:

With rising cost of fuel and difficulty in accessing the new currency recession is sure in February/March.

Fuel( premium motor spirit) is the number source of energy for business in Nigeria. The higher cost means businesses will have to charge higher for their products and services which means less people will be able to afford their products and services.

Same thing applies to limited supply of money.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by jlinkd78(m): 11:11am On Jan 29, 2023
Bubu
Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by AllTheWayUp: 11:12am On Jan 29, 2023
The president has decided that he will go ahead and inaugurate the Federal Government projects.

His advance team is already in the state and as of Saturday night had not been directed to stand down and return to Abuja.

A Presidency source affirmed that “if the Kano governor realises the nature of President Buhari, he would have known that he is not one to give in to cheap blackmail.
https://tribuneonlineng.com/buhari-insists-on-visiting-kano-despite-gandujes-objection/

https://dailynews24.ng/president-buhari-insists-on-kano-visit-despite-gandujes-objection/

I am loving Buhari now
Tinubu an Ganduje to lule

1 Like

Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by unclejb2(m): 11:16am On Jan 29, 2023

1 Like

Re: I'll Visit Kano Whether You Like It Or Not - Buhari Tells Ganduje by Tinubuadvocate: 11:17am On Jan 29, 2023
Nawah ooo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan: Impeachment Call From APC Is Not Treasonable!! / Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer / ABIANS DECIDE: Saturday Rerun Election Monitoring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.