Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF (10263 Views)

Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives / World Bank Loans Nigeria $700m For Water Supply, FG Blames States / Buhari Loans: Nigeria Is Now On The Auction Market - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF by barrypro: 7:36pm On Feb 08, 2021
Corruption wont let them put it to good use
Re: Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 08, 2021
FG no dey rush to counter all these weighty allegations these days.

GMB trusts the newly-commissioned "online warriors" will do the job.

1 Like

Re: Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF by BobbyZrealist(m): 7:54pm On Feb 08, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
lack of economy activities from the masses are the cause of the downturn of the Nigerian economy

MOST NIGERIANS ARE UNPRODUCTIVE, THEY ARE ONLY PRODUCTIVE IN COMPLAINING AND ABUSE

This statement is devoid of reason.

2 Likes

Re: Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF by BobbyZrealist(m): 7:58pm On Feb 08, 2021
So why did the govt. not tell Nigerians that it borrowed such money?
I told someone today, that corruption has never been this bad in the history of Naija.
The thing now dey koro koro.

1 Like

Re: Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF by sapientia(m): 8:21pm On Feb 08, 2021
Only one factor caused it.

Buhari

1 Like

Re: Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:25pm On Feb 08, 2021
Bouz:
Have your boyfriend done that for you? cry
LOL. Any guy that does that for me I will dash him my left breast for life. grin cheesy
If the breast is not enough, I will sell my kidney for him. If kidney no do, I will harvest my heart and serve it to him has breakfast and then go to my grave and rest in peace forever
Re: Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 08, 2021
MISSCONGENIALITY:
LOL. Any guy that does that for me I will dash him my left breast for life. grin cheesy
If the breast is not enough, I will sell my kidney for him. If kidney no do, I will harvest my heart and serve it to him has breakfast and then go to my grave and rest in peace forever
Ahh Haba, why Remove and harvest, when it will all, be at a very good use intact. . guys like that still exist, but rather than celebrate birthday, they will support your business wink
Re: Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:35pm On Feb 08, 2021
Bouz:
Ahh Haba, why Remove and harvest, when it will all, be at a very good use intact. . guys like that still exist, but rather than celebrate birthday, they will support your business wink
That's the thing. Most guys will prefer to use it and show off in the name of celebrating birthdays instead of using it to better the girl's life.
Re: Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF by sapientia(m): 8:47pm On Feb 08, 2021
Racoon:
pls come and answer.

The only reason I dont quote that Buharitard is cos I can't spell his name.

Now I get it.

Manna

Bbq

Grills

I can now mention him with silvernorgold and oyigboupdate

1 Like

Re: Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF by chinedumoooo: 8:47pm On Feb 08, 2021
IMF are often given out unfriendly report against this present administration but exhibit deaf hear towards good development.
Re: Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF by Eriokanmi: 8:51pm On Feb 08, 2021
LOOOOL. That's all I can say.
Re: Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF by snowball11(m): 9:02pm On Feb 08, 2021
The uselessness of this present administration can never be overemphasized! undecided
Re: Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF by Brushstrokes20: 9:03pm On Feb 08, 2021
The redundant coupist is all shades of fiasco!

1 Like

Re: Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF by smallsmall: 11:48pm On Feb 08, 2021
What were you expecting when the loans are being looted by Buhari and his henchmen?
Even his Nephew who was his bag-man and CBN Governor Emefiele had to warn to distribute the looted funds he kept in a Single bank, to various accounts, is now the DG of Nigeria Intelligence Agency
This was a guy was was selling recharge Card on the streets in 204, before Buhari became President

1 Like

Re: Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF by 400billionman: 12:09am On Feb 09, 2021
Education does not refine every person who obtains it.

Talkless of an illiterate.

Your leaders can't be better than you since you guys don't reason well.

It's like handing your finances to a bus conducter to manage for you in a country full of PhD holders in economics, geography, biology, medicine, engineering.
Re: Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF by 400billionman: 12:14am On Feb 09, 2021
slowice:
Let me use this golden opportunity to greet our south west brothers...... Una well done ooooo

They are the epitome of nepotism and tribalism.

They now voted the chief of nepotism. They are angry for being challenged in their trade.
Re: Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF by 400billionman: 12:22am On Feb 09, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
lack of economy activities from the masses are the cause of the downturn of the Nigerian economy

MOST NIGERIANS ARE UNPRODUCTIVE, THEY ARE ONLY PRODUCTIVE IN COMPLAINING AND ABUSE

Explain what you mean by being unproductive.

Most shop owners complain they don't earn above N1,000 a day. Is it the farmers that herdsmen are destroying their produce ?

Before this useless economic hardship, some busineses do 300% growth in 12 months by business capital. Most rich Nigerians like those who started early that's how they grew wealth.

Now, one has to take his business to the customer's doorstep via innovative marketing techniques, before one gets patronage. Low purchasing power is the major problem of this country.

The govt of the day does not even know how to invest the $3.5bn IMF loan to catalyze economic activities under a Covid atmosphere. Nigeria's current economic template does not exceed giving N5,000 to the poorest of the poor.
Re: Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF by 400billionman: 12:39am On Feb 09, 2021
Queenlovely:
200 million people are citizens of Nigeria according to estimated figure. Some of these people are useless, some want to be useful but they don't know how. My pain is that the government job is to make useless people useful, or unscrupulous element will find a way to engage them.

There are so many people just existing because they have no roadmap for the future, people with limited imagination who will go with whatever, Use people, don't just accumulate thousands of friends, use them to advance your own purpose.

I see many people willing to be used in this country, people who will gladly follow a leader than to lead,
people need a leader to follow, some body who will lead them to the promise Land.

Nigerians want, "My brother in power".

Ask an average Nigerian, he wants somebody from his ethnic group to be President, whether the person has leadership qualities, business qualities or not. Like that will salvage his hunger status.

Growth is linear and directly proportional to a person's line of thought. Growth can never be inversely proportional to ones thinking capacity.

Many Nigerian leaders don't know what is called planning for the future. The life one obtains today was built last year.

When people in power are not economic experts who can differentiate between short term goals and long term goals, what do you expect ? They borrow $3.5bn and start sharing TraderMoni and the likes. How do you expect an economy to progress with such policies ?

You talk about security. They are only security conscious when the treat against security is from outside their tribe. When treats to security are vicious in their geopolitical zone, they wave it aside as unserious. Abeg, Nigerians are indiscipline personified.
Re: Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF by thesoulquarian: 12:39am On Feb 09, 2021
STOP giving them period.
Re: Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF by 400billionman: 12:59am On Feb 09, 2021
galantjoe:

You re very correct.
Our problem is not about money but right combination of human capital.

During Goodluck tenure we re crying of corruption but every economic indices are good. Our GDP exceeded south Africa, yet his tenure was mired with corruption.

However, Buhari tenure is, worst, unemployment, corruption, high cost of living, forex volatility, contraction of GDP.

We re bleeped. We need messiah. We need a president that can mix right set of people like Goodluck did to achieve best governance.

You have said it all.

Even if you place your brother over your conglomerate, he will still pilfer little to add to his salary.

Under Goodluck, there was visible economic growth 4%, 5%, 6% every year such that the stealing wont even be felt, rather everyone involved in some form of economic activities will witness some money growth and be happy in his business.

Can anybody say that under Buhary ? Every week you visit the market, one foodstuff in your list has increased in price. October 2020, November 2020, December 2020, January 2021, February 2021. Where exactly are foodstuff prices heading to under Buhary ?

When your income is likely static or declining save for salary earners with fixed income.

1 Like

Re: Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF by Ayo8(m): 6:58am On Feb 09, 2021
Monies that ended up in private accounts
Re: Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF by Litmus: 7:37am On Feb 09, 2021
lexy2014:

Ok. So what are d "economy" activities that d masses didn't carry out that caused d downturn of d nigerian economy?

Since u say "nigerians are unproductive" except u aren't a Nigerian, can u intimate us on how productive u are?

Why not first use your experiences of how government or Nigeria stopped you from being productive as example of how government is at fault?
Re: Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF by lexy2014: 7:42am On Feb 09, 2021
Litmus:

Why not first use your experiences of how government or Nigeria stopped you from being productive as example of how government is at fault?

That doesn't answer my question:

So what are d "economy" activities that d masses didn't carry out that caused d downturn of d nigerian economy?

Since u say "nigerians are unproductive" except u aren't a Nigerian, can u intimate us on how productive u are?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NJC Sanctions 3 Judges - Okogbule Gbasam, Nusirat Umar, Edem Kooffreh / Rivers Post-election Crisis: Nothing Abnormal, We Are Just Been Vigilant - Wike / S/east Govs. Meet Buhari Over Herdsmen, Enugu Airport Expansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.